Spell checking original text

Within Tools, Options, Spelling, I have checked the box "Ignore original
message text in Reply of Forward". Despite this, when I click send and
SpellChecker does its stuff, it continues to deal with the original email. Is
there another setting that I need to invoke to stop it from worrying about
the original email text.
--
Regards,
Darren

In replies do you have the original message prefixed with a character
(typically '>')? If so, spell checking will check the original message, too.

"Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Within Tools, Options, Spelling, I have checked the box "Ignore original
> message text in Reply of Forward". Despite this, when I click send and
> SpellChecker does its stuff, it continues to deal with the original email.
> Is
> there another setting that I need to invoke to stop it from worrying about
> the original email text.

0
vince8328 (2733)
10/12/2005 1:09:37 AM
I don't. However, I just discovered that Word 2003 is my email editor. I
wonder if the spell checking settings in Word (which would cover the entire
document including the original text) are taking charge?
--
Regards,
Darren

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> In replies do you have the original message prefixed with a character
> (typically '>')? If so, spell checking will check the original message, too.
>
> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Within Tools, Options, Spelling, I have checked the box "Ignore original
> > message text in Reply of Forward". Despite this, when I click send and
> > SpellChecker does its stuff, it continues to deal with the original email.
> > Is
> > there another setting that I need to invoke to stop it from worrying about
> > the original email text.

0
Darren (170)
10/12/2005 1:19:03 AM
Only if you use the option to add a prefix character. if you use the default
of no character, it won't spell check the original.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040120.htm
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050627.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

>I don't. However, I just discovered that Word 2003 is my email editor. I
> wonder if the spell checking settings in Word (which would cover the
> entire
> document including the original text) are taking charge?
> --
> Regards,
> Darren
>

> "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> In replies do you have the original message prefixed with a character
>> (typically '>')? If so, spell checking will check the original message,
>> too.
>>
>> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Within Tools, Options, Spelling, I have checked the box "Ignore
>> > original
>> > message text in Reply of Forward". Despite this, when I click send and
>> > SpellChecker does its stuff, it continues to deal with the original
>> > email.
>> > Is
>> > there another setting that I need to invoke to stop it from worrying
>> > about
>> > the original email text.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

How to remove the alternative text box from the publisher email?
Hi, I have created a publisher email and have email it to myself for testing view. I find there is a small alternative text box appearing whenever my mouse cursor station at any point of the email. How to remove this alternative text box from the publisher email? Help... -- Thank you, Cpviv Sounds like all the text has was converted to an image. Try to select the text and you will see it is an image. Go to tools > Options > Web tab and under Email options uncheck the option to send as an image. If that doesn't fix the problem, reference: Tips and troubleshooting for ...

Trouble with hyhens within text when using LOOKUP
I have two columns, each containing a list of part numbers. Some of the part numbers contain hyphens. I am using LOOKUP and/or VLOOKUP to determine if the value in one column exists in the other. This works great on non-hyphenated part numbers. However, it will not find or return the hyphenated part numbers from the specified arrays. As a test, I did a quick if statement to compare the instances of identical hyphenated values that exist in both columns. Those statements did not have a problem with the hyphens. Can anyone offer any help? If hyphens cannot be used in conjunction with the ...

Exchange rich-text format
What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual user settings"? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server >to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual >user settings"? Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in p...

Telecheck and check verification
Can Telecheck be used through RMS somehow to verify checks? Pat The RMS check verification feature only works with PC Charge. I believe that some of the payment processing add-ins that have been discussed here in the past may enable Check Verification as well, but I'm not sure. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Pat@arms" <Patarms@discussions.microso...

Change from MS Outlook Rich Text to HTML
I use Outlook 98 and I want to change my message format to HTML so that I can have nice backgrounds etc on my mail. For some reason this facility doesn't seem to be available to me on the 'Mail Format' Tab. It is blacked out and I cannot change it from Rich Text to HTML. Is there anything I can do to sort this out? Could it be because I am on a network at work and they have disabled it? If so, how can I enable it? Cheers! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www...

instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)
Hi all, I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add. Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users click and begin to type. How should I do this? exchange 2003/outlook2003 Thank you. It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a label control. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumps...

Check Verification data is not saved into the database
A Check tender type has been created with the "Open" Check Verification. It seems to work OK except: 1) Although Driver's License, State and Birth Date are diaplyed on the form in POS the data entered is not saved into the Database. 2) The account Number is masked with X's. Can this be switched off anywhere? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

Alert user to check the filed when it is final
Hi, I want to create an alert to check the Final( checkbox ) field, if date_issued is enter. if date_issued is null then do nothing, In what even I have to code this and how? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 mls via AccessMonster.com wrote: >Hi, I want to create an alert to check the Final( checkbox ) field, if >date_issued is enter. >if date_issued is null then do nothing, In what even I have to code this and >how? Based on just that one requirement, you can use the date text b...

spell check does not visually cycle through cells when run from macro?
I'm trying to recreate the same behavior in a macro that spellcheck has when the spellcheck button is pressed. The spellcheck does not cycle through the cells visually when run from a macro, so when there is a misspelled word, you cannot see the cell it is a part of. If anyone knows how I can get this behavior to work, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I did a record new macro, and got code similar to the following: Sub testSpelling() Range("F2:F500").Select Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033 End Sub thanks, dan Dan, Add the fiollowing to your code as shown: ...

If statement with formatted text
Hi, Is there any way to have an if formula such as: If (A1="Active", "KAE",KPE") where the two letters after the K are formatted as subscript? The best I've done is to paste a picture over the cell. The picture's formula refers to named formula that selects one of two cells, the one with correct string. One cell contains KAE and the other KPE with the subscript. However, it means that I'm using a picture and it would be much nicer if I could just do it in an If formula. I hope that makes some kind of sense, and thanks in advance for your help. D...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

can lookup return cell reference istead of "text" for sumif?
I am trying to use a lookup-function to determine a different sum range for several criteria. Like so: =Sumif($A$7:$A$1447;"<"&X3;vlookup(e3;AT3:AU11;2;false)-Sumif($A$7:$A $1447;"<"&y3;vlookup(e3;AT3:AU11;2;false) The problem is that the vlookup returns text and not the cell reference. Is there a way to get the answer from the lookup expressed as cell reference instead of text, since sumif can't use text, just the cell reference? I use it to calculate the number of hours the staff should be paid, so it's different from weekdays to saturdays, holidays...

Using cell text in a formula
I am trying to use derived cell references in a VLOOKUP formula to matc data in several tables. For example, A1 contains the cell reference fo the top left of my array (A3) whilst cell A2 contains the cel reference for the bottom right of my array (D14). The array I' checking against starts in column E3. However, when I use the formula =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:A2,4,FALSE) I get a #N/ error. I need to use the cell references in each VLOOKUP as the arra sizes may vary in each case. (PS, I've used =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A1,A2) to derive the cell references. Ji -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

cannot view all of text in large cell, even though I have it to w.
I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. Hi +the limit is 1024 characters. You can extend this with manually inserting linebrekas using aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sydme wrote: > I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no > more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but > still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. ...

Text box jumps to left of page
Word 2004 (I am relatively new to Word and am delighted to find a forum specifically for the Mac version. There are a number of unresolved, niggling issues I can live however they slow the workflow. I am eager to learn.) In the recent past, I manually converted 12,000+ recipes from WordPerfect 7 to Word. Since Word 2004 does not have a filter for the old files, the conversion was done on the Windows side of my Mac in Word2003. Those files _usually_ open without protest also in 2004. One annoyance regards text boxes. When text was highlighted and a text box was requested for it in...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...

imbed excel cell text in a shape
I need to insert a number into a shape that corresponds to a cell in excel. Kinda like the exploded parts view in a car repair manual. A callout shape with a text value "123" that is linked to cell A1 in file ***.xls. It would be nice to be able to auto generate the callouts from the excel file. shape 123 is cell A1, shape 124 is cell A2 and so on. Thanks what version of visio are you running? al "mystified" <mystified@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80B4E390-190A-41D9-AC4A-F96C1DA6FB6E@microsoft.com... >I need to insert a number into a s...

Virus checking via double-clicking
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel At one time double clicking an Office file icon on the Mac by-passed virus checking. If I double click an Office file icon on my Mac, will Mac Office 2008 check for viruses automatically before opening the file for use by the Office application? On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:20:19 -0400, trying_to_work@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > At one time double clicking an Office file icon on the Mac by-passed virus > checking. If I double cli...

Payroll Build Checks takes almost 4 hours
Sorry, I'm reposting this question because I didnt describe the subject very well... I hope someone has any tips of what to look for... I run Payroll Build Checks for 1369 employees, selecting biweekly and Salary, and it takes almost 4 hours to finish. At the end, only 543 employees fit the selection criteria. My server looks to have plenty of spare capacity when monitored, the store procedures were recompiled, the statistics were updated, check links ran, etc. What else can I check? Any help or tips are greatly appreciated. Details are below. When I click on <...

anyone use pc charge with telecheck to process checks?
I got it all set up but all checks are denied. I call telecheck and they say they don't support software check processing and I should talk to PC Charge , I talk to PC-Charge and they say talk to Telecheck since all the settings seem correct. I have my account #, the phone numbers correct from telecheck and MICR as service. It dials out and processes but everything is denied with a retry message. thanks ...

money 2002
In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I keep getting the error message "there are no accounts with checks to be printed" - I printed microsoft knowledge ase article 313373 with gives me a resolution that is either incorrect or that I'm not going correctly. Help! If you have more checks to print does it want to print them? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91. "Marcia R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019701c3b14a$bc496a10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I > keep get...

Text box unwanted border
For some reason I know not why, that even though I enter 'No line' in both Line/Border style and Dash style I still have a visible bold dash surrounding the text box. Any help would be appreciated. Did you happen to draw a rectangle around the text box? Try highlighting it, and move the bottom text box adjustment up. If the dashed line didn't move, click on it and delete. Or, Copy the text, and paste it and if the dashed line didn't go with the copy, delete the original. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Meridklt" <Meridklt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Time to text conversion
I have Mac's version of Office (Office 2004), but it shouldn't matter.. The problem: I have a column in a table containing times (for some events). Data found in the cells looks like this: 1) "20:00 2) "20:00/22:00" (starting/ending time) Excel has automatically formated type 1 cells as "time", and type 2 cells as "text". I need all the cells to be formatted as "text". How? If i change the formatting of a cell, it displays something like "0.833333" (20.00 divided by 24). The only solution I came out with is copying the whole co...

Text field updating problem
Group, I am using the following control source for a text box on my form =DLookUp("[LastOfRoomChangeDate]","res_source_step 2","[RID] = [Forms]![res_residents]![RID]") The lookup was working great, not anymore...now it only updates when clicking the textbox...or waiting until it adds updates it almost a 2 minutes later or by making the textbox the first tab stop...... I am using Access 2007....any ideas to what might be causing it to run this way...or preventing my field from being updated One solution would be to Recalc the form, e.g.: Me.Recalc Ano...