SPELL CHECK - OUTLOOK EXPRESS

I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get
the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was
checked"....

any help would be appreciated..thnx...sam
0
anonymous (74722)

If you are on exchange try and remove your profile folder
from both the server and the client machine.  Had the same
problem last week.

0
ohein (1)
9/21/2004 6:42:30 PM
Owen <ohein@sasktel.net> wrote:

> If you are on exchange try and remove your profile folder
> from both the server and the client machine.  Had the same
> problem last week.

The OP said "Outlook Express".  Please read posts before answering them.
--
Brian Tillman
0
SAM KUMAR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get
> the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was
> checked"....

Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

Spell Checker Not Working in Windows XP
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.htm#xp_spell_checker

if these fail, see if http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com has the information you
need.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"SAM KUMAR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get
> the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was
> checked"....
>
> any help would be appreciated..thnx...sam

0
dianenws (1904)

Using Outlook'98 to manage files performs illegal operation
I setup the outlook bar w/ shortcuts to different folders (local & network) so that I could use it instead of windows explorer. The first time I set this up, it worked fine for a couple of days, and now all I get is illegal operations when I click on one of the short cuts. OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff9d709. Any suggestions? ezroller ...

Outlook 2002
It seems that every other question on this NG is about rules but, I haven't seen one about this. Is there anyway to setup a rule with a script or something where, when I get a message from a designated address, Outlook will generate a new message and send it to a 2nd address. Having the message simply forwarded isn't an option. Basically what I'm trying to do is this : When I receive an order from a client, I need Outlook to send a text message to my cell phone. Just forwarding the original message doesn't work since it's too large and it's rejected by T-Mobile&#...

Outlook 2003 SP1 NDR Report with bad KB Article #2
Recently a user has reported that she receives the following NDR when sending out emails. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: 4th Annual Energy Tech Investor Forum Sent: 8/20/2007 1:12 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Christopher Lord' on 8/20/2007 1:12 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. Doing a search in the KB brings up article ID 872896... I checked back with the user, and yes on the emails sent out, the FROM line is empty. She authenticates to the SMTP serv...

Outlook process hang in background ??
My system is running XP home edition, with Office 2000 on it. Ever since applying the latest Office patches 2 weeks ago, the Outlook process continues to run in the background after I exit. How do I stop this from happening? I want the process to terminate completely. Thanks --- Jay Wilson Are you using any software that integrates with Outlook like WinFax or synchronisation software? These programs will keep Outlook open untill they are closed themself. For more info see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.co...

outlook 2003 page setup
when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do i correct this? -- seanpaul99 Are you sending the mail in Plain Text or HTML? "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1359A7FA-0605-410D-A524-FD806EFC4E9F@microsoft.com... > when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it > should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do > i > correct this? html -- seanpaul99 "Vince Aver...

Outlook 2007- import contacts from excel spreadsheet????
I have saved my contacts in an Excel 97-2003 spreadsheet with 1st row titles i.e. Name, address. I have tried naming ranges by individual columns and by naming the range as the whole spreadsheet. In the wizard, after choosing Excel 97-03 and next, it tells me I need to define the ranges. I can't even get to mapping. What can I do? An alternative option Outlook & Excel - Importing from/Exporting To http://www.contactgenie.com/blog/?p=75 Karl -- ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - QuickP...

Outlook Tasks sent from Windows XP do not open in Vista
All three Computers run Office 2003. Two computers run Windows XP and one runs Vista. Tasks cannot be opened on Vista when they are sent from Windows XP. Any solutions or bridge programs available? ...

Is there a sulution for outlook and attachments?
I am running outlook2000. I am always sending e-mails, with attachments to my clients outside the company and I cc. my co-workers within the company. For example my clients are from aolinc. I am from starinc. I want anybody from starinc to recieve the messages without the attachments that I have sent to my clients from aolinc. Is that possible to do. If its possible can you let me know refer me to a site? Thanks No, it is not possible. Perhaps a third party program can discriminate who is to receive what but Outlook does not have this ability. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Email from Outlook shows created by 'system' in CRM 3.0
Hi, I have an issue with getting the right user name in the created by field for the email activities. When users send an email to contacts, and click the 'Track in CRM', It saves a copy in history of that contact and works fine. However the problem is, instead of showing the user (sender) name, it shows 'system' in the 'created by' field. Appreciate any ideas to fix this problem. ...

Outlook contact history not saved
I have recently installed office and when ever I go to a contact and send an e-mail it doesnt save to history even though i click save and close what can I do? -- another stipid question thanks for the help What does "save to history" mean? -- Russ Valentine "dannyd" <dannyd@anotherstupidquestion.com> wrote in message news:3DF161D6-EEEE-424A-B3DC-7ABDACE19BC3@microsoft.com... >I have recently installed office and when ever I go to a contact and send >an > e-mail it doesnt save to history even though i click save and close what > can &...

Making a deposit from different checks at once
I have been wondering if this is possible for a long time because it is kind of annoying. Sometimes I will deposit multiple checks at once from different sources. I know you can do a split category and enter a different category for each check, but is there a way to enter a different "From" line for each check if they are lumped into one deposit? Anyone have any ways around this? Thanks. The memo field or separate transactions are pretty much the choices. "Dan" <dmangi@attbi.com> wrote in message news:20a401c3886c$eec74c70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have ...

Outlook email #3
We can't click on a link in an email message and get it to work. Pretty sure it has something to do with security settings. It's a new product for our company so no one really knows yet what to do. Are you talking about a link or an attachment? If it's an attachment, the culprit is IE 6.0, it stops attachments with certain (Level 1) extensions. You can remove that restriction via the registry. Outlook normally keeps you from opening attachments with extensions like .exe or .bat-files that can potentially be viruses. If you're confident that you (or your antivirus ...

Outlook Shortcut Bar Prompt
Greetings, To re-enable this prompt (As what SP was asking), you navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\NewFolder and turn NoShortcutPrompt from value of 1 to value of 0. Close Outlook, reopen, create a new folder and you will be prompted to add to Shortcut Bar. That was a couple of days worth of effort! Peace Patrick <yopaddy@gmail.com> wrote: > To re-enable this prompt (As what SP was asking), you navigate to > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\NewFolder > and turn NoShortcutPrompt from value of 1 to val...

message window with an Office file attachment sticks on top of the Outlook window
Hello When I send an Office file from the Office program file menu as an attachment the Outlook 2002 SP3 window could not be put on top of the appearing message window. This does not allow coping an e-mail address from previously sent messages to the appearing message window. How to copy an e-mail address from previously sent messages to the message window with the Office file attachment, which sticks on top of the Outlook window? Either save the message and then reopen it from Drafts. Or, create the message first, then attach the document. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

Outlook 2003 poor performance & hangs on my new Dell
received my new dell 4600 (2.8 GHZ, 1GB RAM, XPPro) 3 weeks ago and Outlook has been unbearable. Meanwhile, it's performing great on my 6 mo old laptop. Symptoms: 1. poor performance. Highlighting a message takes up to 30 seconds to appear in the reading pane. Shifting messages causes a hang 1 in 10 times. 2. Not responding. It usually hangs within 15 minutes of use. My actions so far - reinstalled (repaired) Office twice from CD - used the scanpost utility to repair my .pst files - exited my Mcfee virus scan in case it might be somehow interfering (email seems to download ...

Outlook Journal
Hi All, I am trying to use Outlook 2003 as a way to keep track of all my conversations and correspondence. The problem I am having is how to sort journal entries based upon a "topic". More often than not when I am looking up information on something I have done I would be looking for a topic. It seems however that the journal feature in MS Outlook is based solely upon a contact entry. Perhaps it will be clearer if I explained. I have been wanting to use the journal to keep track of a conversation I have been having with Sony Technical support. I would like to have a sing...

downloading contacts from PDA to Outlook
I lost Outlook in a machine crash and lost my contacts. However I have them on my PDA. How can I copy them back to my re-installed Outlook With the sync software supplied with your pda "jascott811" <jascott811@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E3DA22-7F1A-4C9B-A9F9-9F8B2CBAF03F@microsoft.com... >I lost Outlook in a machine crash and lost my contacts. However I have >them > on my PDA. How can I copy them back to my re-installed Outlook use your sync software but be sure that it is configured so the pda is the master source, not outlook. Ot...

Customizing Outlook Today #14
I am running XP and am unable to customize my Outlook Today. When I click on "Customize Outlook Today" it does nothing. No error message no nothing. It did work at one point in time but I cannot pin point when it stopped working. Thank you "Renee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01ba01c3db8a$23cd4210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am running XP and am unable to customize my Outlook > Today. When I click on "Customize Outlook Today" it does > nothing. No error message no nothing. > > It did work at one point in ti...

outlook 2002 sp3 shuts down system
Just installed sp3 and now the system reboots when it tries to send and receive. Have you tried a Detect and Repair already? Does it also do this when Outlook is started in safe mode? Also make sure all you're add-ins are compatible with Outlook 2002 SP3 -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How to identify a mail item from a public folder in MS Outlook
Hi, I have developed an application which read mails from a user selected folder of MS Outlook. Following is a code sample. loOutlookSession = CREATEOBJECT("OutLook.Application") loNameSpace = loOutlookSession.GetNameSpace("MAPI") loMailFolder = loNameSpace.PickFolder() IF loMailFolder.DefaultItemType = 0 ** This is a folder with mail items ENDIF This works fine as long as a mail folder is selected but if the user selects a public folder it does not imports its mails as the public folder's DefaultItemType property returns 6. I noticed that these...

Locate Link Browser error in Outlook
When I try to use a link from e-mail, the Browser stops and a Locate Link Browser dialog box appears pointing to "My Documents" folder on the destop. If I already have Explorer open I don't experience this error. How do i correct this so I can use a hyperlink from outlook? Thanks for any help! Jan The next time this happens, just browse to the folder with the .exe for your preferred browser. Click on Okay. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: janenicho...

Opening Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98
Does anyone know if there are any problems associated with using Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98? The requirement would be for Internet Explorer. Please read the following; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821909&Product=exch2003 "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8D2196C-7393-488A-887F-30631365102E@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there are any problems associated with using Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98? ...

Sender receives 5.2.3 even after checking all size limits
Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1. I have checked everything in KB 322679: Global settings; connector settings; SMTP virtual server settings; mailbox settings but a sender outside the organization still keeps getting a message back from the Exchange server with error 5.2.3 with text "This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again.". What else do I need to check? Kevin Kevin, What is the size of the message send by that outsider? and what is the...

Outlook 2002 #35
I had windows 98 and Outlook Express. I just added Windows XP (Home) and Microsoft Office XP 200 (Small business). I cannot get e-mail through Microsoft Outlook they only come throught Outlook Express. I changed the settings like the instructions said but continue to get an error message in Microsoft Outlook that says. The operation failed. An object could not be found. ...

Restrict access to folder in outlook
I have a situation where in multiple users have Full mailbox rights on a common mailbox, however each of these users want to create a folder in outlook and want to restrict access to others or may be share rights with some of the people but not all. I tried by setting the permission to None on the newly created folder from outlook but this did not restrict access as these accounts have full mailbox rights. Is it possible to meet this requirement ? if so How ? On 23 Mar 2007 04:51:40 -0700, cs.lingaraju@googlemail.com wrote: >I have a situation where in multiple users have Full mailbox ...