Spell Check #19

When I attempt to run a spell check, I get an error:

"Error occured when checking spelling"...can anyone tell
me why and how I can resolve this?

Thanks,
Paul
0
anonymous (74722)

I also have this problem, I can't explain it either. I
could not find any help on the Microsoft site. So If
anyone could help us it would be most appricated. Thanks.

Data Validation #19
I would like to limit the user to entering text as follows into a cell: text/text for example: kg/mL IU/mL g/cm^3 I can do this using VBA, but I was wondering if there is anyway to do this using Excel's data validation feature? TIA... Hawk, For cell A1, use the Custom setting , with a formula of (all on one row, so watch line wrapping) =AND(NOT(ISERROR(FIND("/",A1))), ISERROR(VALUE(LEFT(A1,FIND("/",A1)-1))), ISERROR(VALUE(MID(A1,FIND("/",A1)+1,LEN(A1))))) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Hawk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Spelling Check
I would like to have spelling check on my windows mail for when I am writting emails You already have it. Tools | Options | Spelling. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "diane walker" <diane walker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2F406E8-CD2D-4EB4-A45E-230025F0C5F5@microsoft.com... >I would like to have spelling check on my windows mail for when I am >writting > emails ...

Check for similar phone types.
First of all, I am not sure how to ask this question. But, this is what I am trying to do: I do not want the same phone type per company. If I choose, for example, Fax as the phone type twice, I want a message to display saying to choose another phone type. I entered the code below, but keep getting an error: Private Sub PhoneTypeID_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.CompanyID And Me.PhoneTypeID <> Me.PhoneTypeID Then Me.PhoneTypeID Else MsgBox "Choose another phone type.", vbCritical, "Phone Type" End If End Sub The error high...

Can't check selection boxes
Hello, I am working with an excel form that is provided by a state agency for a specific type of report. In this form there is one worksheet with check boxes to select for GPS data. I can select these boxes fine from my computer and others; however, these boxes will not check/uncheck on a new coworker's computer for whom I am trying to show how to fill out the form. I have searched this site as well as google and haven't come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Excel version is same? Maybe the form needs macros to be enabled? Can you ...

Using Multiple Check Boxes in Access 2003
Hi, I haven't used Access in a while and I tried researching to no avail. I have created a form and all I want to do is put groups of check boxs together under specific categories and be able to check off more than one check box under each category. -- Thanks! I think you need to use unbound check boxes. You'll only be able to use these on forms in "single form" view. HTH; Amy "Cynthia" <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A15178F-8AF0-43E6-B515-0FE118989040@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I haven't used Access in a...

store acronyms in the word dictionary so they are not spell-checke
I often prepare government documents and as a rule acronyms are part of the language... E.g., DoD is one that is used all of the time. The question is how to stop Word (2003) from always flagging this acronym as a spelling error. I've tried saving the acronym in the dictionary but this has not helped. Moreover, Word always tries to capitalize DoD to: DOD... and this is not what is required. I think the problem is that Word is not seeing this as a spelling error at all. I think it's seeing it as a capitalization error. Check your AutoCorrect options and see if one of...

Grammar check not working

Spell Checker #4
The spell checker feture is not "on" to use. How do I get it to turn on for every email?? Thanks Sheri Tools->Options->Spellcheck. Make sure the appropriate boxes are checked. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sheri asked: | The spell checker feture is not "on" to use. How do I | get it to turn on for every email?? | | Than...

Can i use If to check if a cell is equal to any value in a particular range
Hi Lets say i have a cell having a nameof a animal. Now i want to check if that cell's value is equal to a range of cell having more than 20 animal names. Column a column b column c Cat dog True Pig elephant False cat tiger In the above example which i have simplified there is a range of only four animals. now in a2 we have a cell have content "PIG" which is not there in the range. So c2 returns false. Hope i have made myself clear. Thanks in adavnce Manan -- manan ------------------------------------------------------------------...

Arabic Spelling check
Windows Live mail (14.0.8089) I can't find the arabic language in spelling tap page of the options Arabic doesn't appear to be an option. I can't find it either. Do you have an Arabic version of Word/Office 97 through 2003? If so, it may be possible to copy some files over to WLM. Also, what version of Windows do you have. Where the files need to go depends on the version of Windows. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Zaben" <Zaben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A90EBAAE-E3A8-4597-9F28-56102D9ACC09@microsoft.com.....

voided check not posted to GL
I have a check that was voided and is not showing as such in the GL. The check register shows a star beside the transaction but still shows the check amount in total (not $0). Any thoughts Have you checked your posting setups to see if you have turned off the posting to GL for voids? Did you see if you have any unposted GL batches if you are posting to and not through? Andrea "lf" wrote: > I have a check that was voided and is not showing as such in the GL. The > check register shows a star beside the transaction but still shows the check > amount in total (not...

Check this security package from M$ Corp.
--cxbnzwgloxyryoo Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tfcbumrhqeievez"; type="multipart/alternative" --tfcbumrhqeievez Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sqhuyyyggpx" --sqhuyyyggpx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

Automatic Name Checking Quit Working
When it rains it pours...another Outlook issue! Running XP at home and have been using Automatic Name Checking (not Suggest Name) forever. Now all of a sudden even with the option checked, it no longer gives me email addresses at all. It just stays the way I typed and opens the address book to choose a name when I send. I haven't changed anything in Outlook in months. Any suggestions?? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Sounds like something reset your NK2 cache. You're sure you changed nothing? What happens when you resolve a name ma...

Spelling and Grammar Check
Our group runs Spelling and Grammar Check on Word Documents before they are sent to the Production group. The Production group will always run Spelling and Grammar Check again to validate that it has been run - and will receive the Microsoft Office Word pop-up box saying "The spelling and grammar check is complete" so they don't have to go through it again. But with some users, this functionality is not passed along, and the Production group keeps telling us we didn't run Spelling and Grammar Check even though we get the confirm pop-up box ourselves. Is this a d...

Check all check boxes in a multiple form
Hello everyone, I need help trying to check all check boxes in a continuous form. Now, this form has only filtered data from its table. I need to change all the check boxes to TRUE but only the data reflected on this form, not the whole table. Please reply!! Thank you Danny, Danny Why post twice in 5 minutes? This newsgroup is supported by volunteers. If someone hasn't responded within 24 hours of your post, you might want to try re-formulating your description and re-posting. And 24 hours is not a 'service-level agreement' of these groups. If your need is more urgent, ...

How to now hide highlights after performing grammar check?
Will someone kindly let me know how to "hide" the highlighted (underlined) areas on a Word 97 doc (resume) after performing a grammar/spell check? When forwarded via email, it appears when the document/resume is opened by the receipiant the highlighted "mistakes" are still highlighted. As a side-note, does it matter the final doc is saved and says "compatibality mode"? THANK YOU! The underlines the recipient sees are coming from the spelling and grammar check in their copy of Word, not yours. It would be far better to save the resume as a PDF ...

SetTextColor() fails for Radio and Check controls on Win XP
We are using RadioButton and CheckBox controls derived from the MFC CButton class. The changing of the text color using SetTextColor() has worked for years on Win95, Win98, WinNT and Win2K systems. But, when running WinXP in "Windows XP style" the text is always black. Change to "Windows classic style" and the text is colored. Changing the background color and label text font work correctly on all versions Windows including XP. We have tried various combinations of message handling such as:: In OnChildNotify() detect WM_CTRLCOLORSTATIC At dialog level, in OnCt...

How to check if a sheet exists ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01CA80BE.43826100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Title says it all. Luc ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01CA80BE.43826100 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" = http-equiv=3DContent-Type> <META name=3DGENER...

Worksheet shakes like Rock n' Roll
How can I run my format keeping code for that particular cell I make a change in? The excel applcation should allow users to copy and paste as they use to do, without ruin the code. An ordinary format coditioning wont work because of past commands. Paste sweep it away... I tried with a code creating format conditioning rules with For ....Step 1 ... Next for all cells, running at Sub Worksheet_Change, but it shakes like rock and roll every time you make a change. I just want to make a check in the cell to the left (A:A) for that specific row the change took place (B:B), if that is possible....

function to check for entry
I'll try and make this as clear as I can... I am looking for a function that will check column b,c,d,e for an entr if there is an entry then check row n in the same row for it's value. that's the first bit, then I need to be able to check the date valu (month) in column a and total it for the month. perhaps I could run the first function only looking for month=1 o something and just run it 12 times? not sure how to go about this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com well I've got this far but it still doesn't work and gives an error: =IF(MONTH(A3:A167)=4,...

Check Box to control Text Box
I have a Check Box on my Main Form [Overdue, Yes/No] I want this text box only to show on my report if [Overdue] is ticked My text Box: [tbOD] =IIf([tbOverDueAmount]>1,DLookUp("OverdueMessage","tblCompanyInfo")) Thanks for any help.........Bob Thanks Adam but a check box does not have a On Change event!............Thanks Bob "Adam Milligan" <AdamMilligan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F9BE60C-F2BB-40F4-AB24-11CA12836959@microsoft.com... > In your checkbox's on change event put the following line of code: > > me.yo...

How to capture cheque number when customer tenders by check
Does anyone know how to capture the cheque number at the tender screen I have found in the database scheme reference to cheque number fields but they are never populated. It is good to keep the check number for reconcilation details when sorting out payments from customers. We would like to print this capture check number on the customer receipt and store it in the database. ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Check that correction patch for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--tgikutlbcborn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vtbptissvsfvuitv"; type="multipart/alternative" --vtbptissvsfvuitv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lvvwgfnzorfi" --lvvwgfnzorfi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure fro...

Format dollar amounts for check printing
I would like to format a number to print amount on a check. For example: $5,280.25 Format to: Five thousand two hundred eighty and 25/100 dollars Hi D, See: How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 How To Convert Currency or Numbers into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;259663 --- Regards, Norman "dford" <dford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1141CF13-A959-44FE-8DDA-06C56847A730@microsoft.com... >I would like to format a number to print amount...