Spacing in Signature

Hi there, (Outlook 2002)
I have created a HTM Signature file for my signature. My signature has a
graphic that has to be on top of my e-mail and the message follows below
this graphic. This works, except for the fact that Outlook inserts 2
returns above my graphic. The signature I have created does not have these
returns. Somehow Outlook puts it there.

Is there a way to cause Outlook not to insert these returns?

Regards,
Deon H
0
deonNOSPAM (18)

Well a signature is per definition below the message. If you want to have a
graphic above your message you are talking about stationery ;-)

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Deon H" <deonNOSPAM@pess.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi there, (Outlook 2002)
> I have created a HTM Signature file for my signature. My signature has a
> graphic that has to be on top of my e-mail and the message follows below
> this graphic. This works, except for the fact that Outlook inserts 2
> returns above my graphic. The signature I have created does not have these
> returns. Somehow Outlook puts it there.
>
> Is there a way to cause Outlook not to insert these returns?
>
> Regards,
> Deon H

0
Roady
8/13/2004 7:28:51 AM
"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
in news:e651sbQgEHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> Well a signature is per definition below the message. If you want to
> have a graphic above your message you are talking about stationery ;-)

Thanx for the reply. I will try to create my own stationary with this
graphic included.

Regards,
Deon
0
deonNOSPAM (18)

How do I sync Signatures and folders between different machines?
I use Outlook on two different machines and the set up is not synched correctly. My home version does not update when I add new folders on the work laptop and the signatures are not saved in the home PC version. The signatures were created on the laptop and saved there. I need help!!!!!!!!!!! What type of mail account? How are you currently attempting to sync? (outlook doesn't sync without the use of third party tools) What version of Outlook? "Ben Davidson" <Ben Davidson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:708A9243-C1D4-48FD-84FE-7B37BB49FF99@...

Template for Signature in Outlook
You could set a standard template for the outlook signatures, which if right clicke3d should extract the necessary details into outlook contacts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=bc145bdf-0...

default after paragraph spacing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel why do I always get a 10pt in the after paragraph spacing when I open a new document? What is your current update level of Word? That was to have been addressed many moons ago, so check your updates first... 12.2.4 is where you should be. If you're fully updated it would seem that either your Normal style has been modified to include the Spacing After or you've set something other than Normal as the Default Paragraph Style [Unlikely]. First go to Word> Preferences - Edit & confirm that the Def...

e-mail signature
I am trying to create an e-mail signature that contains a small picture. Regarless of how I create the signature (in Word or Outlook itself) the picture never goes through the email and the text always gets double spaced. Anyone know how to get the image to stay? ...

Removing rows with spaces at beginning of cell?
It seems someone has been inserting a random amount of spaces after the city in our accounting software. Not all of them have it, but a good number do. It annoys me like crazy, so I figured I'd fix them all. I've exported just the name of the company and city into Excel. There's over 2500+. Col A is Company Name. Col B is City. I've taken Col B and reversed the text (I have ASAP Utilities installed if that helps), this way I can see which ones have spaces at the end. Now how can I tell Excel to delete all the rows which do NOT contain spaces in the beginning of the cel...

How can I remove blank spaces from fields
Hi, I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are not recognised as being true duplicates. My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data? e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld nozzaworld nozza world Many thanks -- nozzaworld Hi, I assume your information is in column A, then in another column enter =trim(A1) Overwrite column A with new column copying as value "nozzaworld" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a column o...

Outlook 2003 SP2
Hi all, I would like to know if, in order to use a signature that includes a small picture (company logo), it is necessary to use word as email editor. I would really like to avoid using word ! I tried today and it didn't seem to work (the picture was not displayed, just the boring red x showed up). Thanks in advance. barabba72@hotmail.com <barabba72@hotmail.com> wrote: > I would like to know if, in order to use a signature that includes a > small picture (company logo), it is necessary to use word as email > editor. I would really like to avoid using word ! See this:...

Auto-Signature while replying
Hello All, I am using Outlook 2002. I have created a signature for myself. When I create a new email message, the signature appears fine. However, if someone write to me in plain text format and I try to reply, Outlook 2002 uses plain text for me. The signature also changes to plain text and all formatting lost. I have looked into OL2002 in knowledge base, and tried changing the default message to html format, rich text. I am using Word and editor also. None of these help. In Outlook 2000, the editor does not use the format of the incoming message if I do a reply. But in O...

Customized Signatures in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I would like to ad a customized email signature, that is an image, without having it be read as an "attachment". I know there is some form of HTML that can be input into the signature box that will have the image appear in all the emails I send, but not cause attachments as well. Does anyone know? I was able to do this with Outlook through it's customized signature settings, but of course Entourage is different. I don't even have the option to customize the signature with images, ect... Thanks!! "Meridieth3@office...

Running out of disk space on C:
Our SBS2003 has a RAID-5 HDD partitioned 20GB C: for the system and 80GB E: for user data. This was ok originally, but C: is gradually filling up and is now 17.5GB used (D&S 1.7GB, MSDE 0.5GB, PFiles 5GB, Windows 6.5GB, Pagefile 3GB) which caused my latest software update to run out of disk space. I'm reluctant to try to resize partitions (don't trust Partition Magic 7 with a server RAID array), and have done what I can to reduce the size of C:, ie * located user SQL DBs and SBS Client Apps on E: not C: * with Disk Cleanup, removed everything offered * also deleted o...

Charting with irregularly spaced x-axis
Hi Trying to make a chart where the x axis is number-of-days from a start-date, and y axis is a value measured on the particular date. For example, the columns may be: Date Days from Start Measurement 02/12/09 1 120 06/12/09 5 134 09/12/09 8 118 18/12/09 17 109 etc. I want a line chart showing the measurement vs days which I can do - BUT... I would like the x axis (days from start) to be spaced according to the number of days, which as you can see from the above are not evenly spaced. In other words, if there have been several days between measurements, I want a longer gap on t...

Remove one space
I have a long column of text that I would like to remove one space from. I would like to remvoe the space where the X is: -----------X--------------------- 0058FGD8182 3/10/2004 Total-50.52 Is there a formula I can use? Thanks, Craig It really depends. Will the space you want removed always appear in the same position i the string? (will there always be the same number of character appearing before the space?) Will the space you want removed always be the first space to appear i each of the cells or is it possible that there will be another empt space somewhere before it in each of t...

Variable dates on X axis evenly spaced (should not be)
When I try to do a line plot of the data shown below, all dates are evenly spaced. Note that the intervals between dates vary, but Excel (200) treats the dates as labels to evenly spaced points. How do I go about making the data points reflect the reality that the date intervals are not uniform. Thanks. DATE Var1 Var2 11-12-1999 3.17 1.08 11-24-1999 3.29 2.06 3-20-2000 2.80 2.36 5-7-2002 2.95 1.92 10-15-2002 3.04 1.37 2-18-2003 3.03 1.38 1-7-2004 2.50 0.59 7-15-2005 2.69 0.94 -- ================================================= Do you like wine? Do you live in South ...

Signatures and Stationary
I have set up both Signatures and Stationary under Options with a picture that was inserted. In the preview screen the image is shown. When I click on a new e-mail message the image does not show up, I get the "Red X" in the image box. I have gone to security - change automatic download settings and unchecked the boxes, but my image will still not download. Any solutions? ...

Signature Button
How can I add the signature picker button to my toolbar. Other than choosing Tools/Option/Mail Format etc When I try to customize the toolbar, the signature button does not appear. Thanks Matt. Matt Stone <matt@lee.co.uk> wrote: > How can I add the signature picker button to my toolbar. Other than > choosing Tools/Option/Mail Format etc If you're using the Outlook Editor, it should be right in front of the Attachment paperclip on the Standard Toolbar. If you're using Word as your editor, there is no Signature Picker. You need to use AutoText to add signatures. -...

OL 2003 Signature Horror
Greets, After spending about 2 days searching in this and other forums for a solution, I'm stumped. I've got 2 separate email accounts set up, one personal and one business. I do not want a signature for personal mail, but I've created one for business. The personal account is set up as the default account and must remain that way. When I create a new mail message, and select my business account, the default signature does not appear. I have set this up both in OL and Word. The ONLY way to get the "insert|signature" menu option is to disable Word as my editor, again...

How do I remove right mouse click / space bar to advance slide?
How do I remove the option that allows right mouse click / space bar to advance the slide of my PowerPoint presentation so that a presenter can only use the buttons? On 2/24/10 5:29 PM, Andrew M. wrote: > How do I remove the option that allows right mouse click / space bar to > advance the slide of my PowerPoint presentation so that a presenter can only > use the buttons? Slide Show > Set Up Show > Browsed at a kiosk That is the setting that does just what you want. The only things that will work are buttons, hyperlinks, and the Escape key. --David -- Da...

Simple Chart Space Question
I am new to charts and I am trying to figure out how to remove white space in a chart where legend was? There was a legend on the right hand side of the page that I removed but now I can't seem to get rid of the white space on that side of the chart or readjust the page layout. I would appreciate anyone's help and I apologize for the newbie question. Click in the middle of the chart (the Plot Area), then drag the handles outward to shrink the margins. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Tiffany&quo...

Signature #14
Dear all I want to create a nice signature for my emails and i would like to use the logo of the company i am working for and my personnal data with an animated appearence. There is any way to manage something like that or there is not? If there is can you sugest me the program i am going to use or the other opportunites may have? I would appreciate if you could send me an example in my email address. (donk04@yahoo.com) I am using Outlook XP but i am considering to upgrade to 2003 version? Thanks in advance Manos Hi, I have Outlook 2000 but it should be the same or very similar...

Reducing wasted space in reports based on one to many related tables
I have a report that is designed to display data from two tables that are in a one to many relationship. I don't yet need to solve this problem, but it could soon get that way and I would like a solution in place before we start getting problems. The first table collects contact information, and the second collects alternative information about those contacts. The report works fine with a single record of alternative information to a contact, but takes the space of an additional record up for each additional record of alternative information, so that, for example, if I have two alternative...

HTML Signature
hello, have a question. how do you create a html signature in outlook? when i go to the mail format dialog, and create a new signature: <HTML> <BODY> <H1>test</H1> test </BODY> </HTML> then it does not show up as html in the message. i have the "compose in this message format: html" thanks in advance Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "greg" <greg@nospam.com> w...

Disc space occupation
Hello. I'm using Excell 2003. I have scanned 10 pictures to JPG format. Each below 200 kb My sheet takes up only 250 kb when it's empty for pictures. When I import the 10 scanned pictures I would expect the worksheet to grow up to a little less than 2.5Mb. Would'nt that be a fair assumption? Both MS-Word and PowerPoint does so. However my worksheet grows to 29Mb. !!! Using gif and compressing the pictures inside the document does not work with good result. I want to be able to send the worksheet by email, and also work with it without waiting to long each time I'm saving. Wha...

Insert a space in all blank cells of the first column
Dear Experts: For some specific reasons I would like to enter a space in all blank cells of the first column of my spreadsheet called sheet 1. How is this done by using VBA? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas First, this is usually a mistake to do. It'll mess up formulas like: =if(a1="","it looks empty","it doesn't look empty") If you have other formulas that use these empty cells--like: ='sheet 99'!a1 and you're seeing 0's where you don't want them, try modifying your formul...

Space for recovery point (DPM 2007), file related
OK, I have found the different worksheet and different tools, web site, and KB to calculate the sizing of DPM volumes, but I am hitting a "head scratching" confusing something. Let me give a scenario and please correct me when needed ;) I have an SQL server, that I use SQL Maintenance to create BAK file, once a day, and keeping 7 days of backup. The backup folder with all the DB are 60gig (Yes I can use DPM to backup the DB directly, but I still want to have the SQL BAK done). So to me, this is a simply "FILE backup", with a Replica volume of always 60gb, a...

How to print signature with transparent background
Sounds simple enough... scan the signature, then paste it as a picture in Report Writer. Here's the snag: the only way I can get a picture into Report Writer is to previously have saved it as a jpeg. Unfortunately, you can't save a jpeg with a transparent background... therefore, the signature, when pasted into Report Writer, has a white block around it, which is going to look bad when printed on a green check. Surely someone has circumvented this issue. How can we get a signature with a clear background to print on a check? I'm with Richard on this one. Y...