Sorting & Printing Contacts

Is there a way to get Outlook to ignore the word "The" in a company's name
while sorting but still have it inserted correctly when printing?
0
dafdesign (1)

Suggest you use Microsoft Excel for setting up your contacts list and put
the "The" in column "A" and the name in Column "B". You can then sort by "B"
and not have the "The" screw up the sort.

--
Bill
"dafdesign" <dafdesign@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get Outlook to ignore the word "The" in a company's name
> while sorting but still have it inserted correctly when printing?

0
wmech (2)

Categories in Contacts
There is a Categories field in the Contact's Phone List but where is that field within the Contact (ie. when double clicking and opening a contact)? In Outlook 2003, on the bottom right. Nikki Peterson "April" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:%23J$tU9bOIHA.6108@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > There is a Categories field in the Contact's Phone List but where is that > field within the Contact (ie. when double clicking and opening a contact)? > April <noreply@mail.com> wrote: > There is a Categories field in the Contact's Phone List b...

printing problem #4
Hello all, I've made a little pocket book using Publisher. My problem is this, when I print it in black & white it prints fine, all pages. But when I print it in color it misses a page. I have 24 pages in this booklet, as I said all print fine in black & white, but color??? It should print pages 8 and 17 together so when folded they are in the right order, but I cannot get page 17 to print in color. What might I be doing incorrectly? This is my first project with Publisher, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Cliff Myers wrote: > Hello all, I've made a ...

WinMail Contacts to OE Addresses...??
Hi all, I need to be able to add my WinMail Contacts to my XP Pro SP3 OE....is this possible? I know it can go the other way, but, have never gone from WinMail to OE. If not direct, is there a utility that I can use? I know they use different types of means to do them, but, rather than have to add them all one at a time again, I thought I'd ask. Jan :) There is a universal exchange format for contacts, called CSV (comma separated values). Export your WinMail contacts in CSV=20 format. Then import that file into OE's contacts. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft M...

Printing 11X17 Newsletter
I have just finished creating a 4 page newsletter with Microsoft Publishing 98. I have purchased a printer that will print 11X17 paper, HP DeskJet 1220C. My difficulty now is I can't seem to only print one side of the newsletter and then manually turn over copies to print the other side. Is this possible? I want newsletter to be front and back. There must be a way! Thank you to anyone who can help me :-) Thank you for the info. However, I do not know how to open up the attachment. Thank you! >-----Original Message----- >Carla set this up manually instead of using ...

Set Print POS Receipt Question Default to NO
When you select the to Ask before printing POS receipt the system defaults to the YES box. Can this default be set to NO to allow you to just press ENTER? I have already set up a PRINTLASTRECEIPT button. ...

How can I make my Headers print on all pages of my report?
Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all of the pages of the document and not just the first page? Thank you. On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:29:22 -0800, SIRSTEVE wrote: > Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all > of the pages of the document and not just the first page? > > Thank you. What header? There is a Report Header, a Page Header, each group in the report (if you are grouping your data) can have a Header. If you mean the Report Header, you can't. The Report Header, by definition, only prints on th...

Office Publisher 2003 Printing w/Designjet 110plus
Publisher will print to other printer w/o problems, will print to 110+ if it is only one page, but if I try to print a sign or 4 pgs. on 24" X 36" paper it won't even try. The test pg. prints, I've uninstalled & reinstalled the driver, I've talked to manufacturer, now what? My technique for that would be to create a special size pdf and "print" to that. Then print the pdf. Usually works. Thanks some printer! "gypfuz" <gypfuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC5491A7-3687-4E03-9115-6E960ACCE366@microsoft.com... > Publi...

Re: Calendar Printing Assistant
IMI Attendees Print - http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imiap.htm you can fin it also at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566161033.aspx | "JLinDC" <JLinDC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message | news:535BC51C-CE50-4B56-A19D-43DEA66D4D1B@microsoft.com... || Are there any CPA templates that print the Appointment Message/Body? || || | | ...

how do i get different post cadts to print on one sheet?
I want to be able to print on sheet of all differnt post cards? littlebit86_ <littlebit86_@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to be able to print on sheet of all differnt post cards? Use the Mail Merge feature if it's just different addresses you need. If you need entirely different designs, you'll need to manually set up your labels on a larger page. Set the page size in File > Page Setup to the size of your sheet of labels, and then set the layout guides to the positions of the individual labels. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Pu...

In Account Overview report, increase display of Contacts from 10 to 20
Hi all, I am making a custom version of the Account Overview report and, among other changes, increasing the number of Contacts displayed from 10 to 20. This is the code that I found that does it: "=IIF(Fields!fullname.Value = "(Limited to 10 contacts) - - ",ReportItems!txtlimited10con.Value,Fields!fullname.Value)" Can anyone please tell me how to change it to do what I want? If I change the 10s to 20s and I build I get this error message: "The value expression for the textbox 'txtAddcontacts' refers to the report item 'txtlimited20con'. Report item...

Postcard printing #2
Is there any way to print 8 standard size postcards on 11x17 paper? Assuming you want to stay within the 23� stamp size you could do it with a size of 5"x4" and have an overall margin of �". First do a Printer setup for 11"x17" card stock. Create a single work area of 5" width and 4" height. (You can select the smallest margins of your choice here) Pour forth your artistic creation of the card. (The following is for Publisher 2000) Now to print it (them) File Print Page options button Select "Print multiple copies" Select "C...

Print BitMap and maintain same size
I use the dcPrint.BitBlt to print a bitmap. Is there a easy way to keep the image the same size no matter what resolution the printer is at? Thanks Ronald, You might want to check StretchBlt used together with GetDeviceCaps (to get the resolution of the output device). Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Ronald" <ronald@denverresearch.com> a �crit dans le message de news:7a191f3c.0312031056.472b261d@posting.google.com... > I use the dcPrint.BitBlt to print a bitmap. > > Is there a easy way to keep the image the same size no matter what > resolution the printe...

Printing in Excel #2
I am having trouble with printing Excel files that I have used for years. Of late they have re-formatted somehow. When the file is open in normal view the page looks ok, but when in print preview and when the page is printed there is too much excess space in each cell and stretching to the left and right margins automatically. What is causing this and how can I overcome it. Have you recently changed to a new operating system, or installed a new printer? If so, you may have to download a new version of the print driver from the printer manufacturer's web site. Deon Shirley wrote: ...

Problem printing to a custom size paper?
I need to print onto an 8 x8 paper. I added the paper size to the printer properties - but the size does not show up when I select paper size in the print option of the document. Does anyone else have this problem? After setting the paper size in the Printer Setup, set the size in the Page Setup, Special Size. -- Don Vancouver USA "Laurvil" <Laurvil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81ED7207-489B-48A9-AA43-FDD5FA65E944@microsoft.com... >I need to print onto an 8 x8 paper. I added the paper size to the printer > properties - but the size does not ...

duplicates contacts on Import
Hi all, I have tried to import a few test Contacts into the Microsoft CRM, but notice that certain Contacts that already existed on the CRM are now duplicated... I suppose i should have expected this. My questions are as follows. 1. Can i only import "new" Contacts using the CRM import wizard, or is there a way to map the contacts to currect contacts on the CRM and "Update" those that already exist and add the new ones? 2. Should i rather use the Data Migration Tool or updating Contacts in the Microsoft CRM? Kind Rgds Jefferson Hi, I build import component which is...

Two problems: Printing PPM image and accessing the generic Print Preview when using static MFC window
Hi, I can print IPicture objects with no trouble (drawn with Ipicture->render). But when I do it with PPM/PNG drawn with StretchDIBits I can see it on the screen and also in print preview, but the printed page is empty. Is it possible to do it, or can I wrap my BYTE array containing the image into an IPicture pbject and draw it through IPicture->render? I also have trouble with print preview in static MFC DLL. When I click print preview a warning window appears (with an empty string) and I can click OK and it ignores my attempt to open print preview. In debug mode it says there was an a...

Can't access Contacts when Sendin Email
Sending email =96 can=92t get to contacts I have two newly installed Outlook 2003 on two separate computers. I thought I installed them tin the same manner. But I get different results when I attempt to add recipient names in the send field. In each case, in the respective =93contact=94 section, I have a list of names and email addresses laid out the same way. When I click in the =93To=94 field on a new message, each brings up a =93Select Names dialog. But on one, the =93Show Names From List=94 box shows =93contacts=94, with t= he Contacts listed below, permitting easy entry...

Lost ability to print multiple copies of email
I am only able to print one copy at a time of an email. Though I tell the printer to make copies in quantity, I only get one copy. This happenned all of a sudden. For the other programs I use, Excel, Word etc., I am able to print the number of copies I direct the printer to do. Any advice? Update your printer driver? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,...

Number of copies when printing is 256, how can I set it back to 1?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It's only with one Excel document. I've already trashed the prefs and that didn't fix it. high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price? China Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are the best brand replica goods w...

Can someone help me print a 4 up post card in publisher 2007
I have been trying to print 4 postcards on a page but can not figure out how to do it. Please help! I'm a Publisher 2000 user and this is how I would do it using 8�"x11" stock. File Page Setup Special Size Width 5.5" Height 4.25" OK Create Postcard File Print Page Options button (lower left corner of Print window) Select Print multiple copies per sheet Custom Options button All margins set to 0" OK OK -- Don Vancouver, USA "JustAlice" <JustAlice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7FC53C-3357-41FB-B650-...

How do I print 4 postcards landscape on letter size paper
I now have Windows Vista and can't figure out how to get four postcards to appear and print on a landscape letter setup. Used to be a piece of cake - apparently solution is hidden now. All the cards alike? Do you mean Publisher 2007? Use the Avery US Letter Postcard setup. 3263 works just fine. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "George 604" <George 604@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927A6D81-7D6B-4669-8371-E73909592644@microsoft.com... >I now have Windows Vista and can't...

can this sort be done?
I have a list of email addresses (which I send monthly updates on upcoming dart tournaments) going down the "A" column. It is very long. I have added a list of names in column 'B" (which is all of the addresses which no longer work). I am wondering if there is a easy way to somehow whenever a name occurs in column "A" and column "B" it is highlited or soemthing so I can remove it from the orginal (column A) list. does my question make sense? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon to tag these entries and use Autofilt...

Contact extension field should allow more than 4 characters
Many telephone number extensions are longer than 4 digits. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3968b145-8fb4-4b50-ba85-15e0b169505a&dg=microsoft.public.gre...

Sorting email in Outloo 2003
I have an user that will go to any mail folder and highlight who it is From or To and then click on the from or to feild and it will sort the emails and come up right at that person's name that they highlighted. Lately he highlights the persons name and trys to sort them together, but it goes to the first email not the person he highlighted. Any Ideas????? what do you mean "but it goes to the first email, not the person he highlighted"? Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "I not only use all the bra...

Strange Sorting in a Shared Wkbk
XL2000 SR-1 on Win2K SP3. Strange behaviour sorting a list from the menu or via code in a shared wkbk. Standard rectangular list with headers (say A1:D50) without empty rows/cols. Unshared wkbk = everything normal. Shared wkbk = try sorting from the data menu, xl selects A2:IV50. With activecell A1 - Edit/Goto/Special/Currentregion works normally. Code to sort Range("A1").Currentregion... sorts A1:IV50. Also - any way to toggle sharing via code to update pivot tables, sort (given above problem), etc? Any ideas? Thanks, Ken Smith The only guess I have for your first point...