Sorting Events By Label

I recently learned that Outlook 2003 has color-coded labels. I love that
feature! But what would make me a totally happy camper would be the ability
to actually SORT by the label assigned to each item. I primarily use All Day
Events that appear at the top of the Calendar, and use those instead of
Tasks (since I never look at the Task List). I would love to be able to sort
my Events by the label assigned to them. Any way to do that (apart from
placing a sorting letter at the beginning of each).

Thanks!

Neil

0
nospam2791 (369)

Outlook 2003 labels are not sortable (is that a real word?)  However, =
Outlook 2007 assigns colors to categories by default and categories are =
sortable.  The new version also offers more viewing options for your =
information, such as a unified mail, calendar and tasks/to do lists.  =
Not sure how your scenario would play out in the new version.

There are 60 day trials available for download if you want to give it a =
whirl.  Install it in a Virtual Drive if you don't want to mess up your =
main machine with a trial.  Microsoft Virtual PC is available free from =
Microsoft Downloads.

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Neil asked:

| I recently learned that Outlook 2003 has color-coded labels. I love
| that feature! But what would make me a totally happy camper would be
| the ability to actually SORT by the label assigned to each item. I
| primarily use All Day Events that appear at the top of the Calendar,
| and use those instead of Tasks (since I never look at the Task List).
| I would love to be able to sort my Events by the label assigned to
| them. Any way to do that (apart from placing a sorting letter at the
| beginning of each).=20
|=20
| Thanks!
|=20
| Neil
0
MillyS1 (1480)
12/25/2006 2:47:14 AM
this is in the day/week/month view? No, you can't do anything besides sort
them yourself using a letter.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Neil" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
>I recently learned that Outlook 2003 has color-coded labels. I love that
>feature! But what would make me a totally happy camper would be the ability
>to actually SORT by the label assigned to each item. I primarily use All
>Day Events that appear at the top of the Calendar, and use those instead of
>Tasks (since I never look at the Task List). I would love to be able to
>sort my Events by the label assigned to them. Any way to do that (apart
>from placing a sorting letter at the beginning of each).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Neil

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: A quick question on the "Workbook Open" event: When I load up Excel and open the workbook, this event triggers. If I then close the workbook, without closing Excel, then open the workbook, it does not occur. Close down the worksheet and Excel, then open it, it triggers. Is this normal operation? Could it have to do with the possibility the I had set Application.EnableEvents = False, before exiting the workbook. Craig Also put in sub auto_open() -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig...

Event errors #2
Hi, Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, i have a couple of event errors in the NT event log and was wondering if anyone had come across them before and knows what to do about them. First one is: source: MSExchangeIS Private event ID: 1025 An error occurred. Function name or description of problem: EcCreateLink Error: 0xfffffeab Second one is: source: MSExchangeIS Private event ID: 1025 An error occurred. Function name or description of problem: EcProcessSearchMessageEvent Error: 0xfffffeab The only resolution that makes sense is running isinteg -fix which has been...

print labels
Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? Thanks, Andre Not really, use mailmerge with Word http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Andre" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:OWveirddGHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? > > Thanks, Andre > I have my names in Excel going across fname lname street etc. I then open Word and use mail wizard and follow it and give the excel file as its source Works great ...

How to label frequency in Excel Chart
Hi, guys I tried to make a scatter plot in Excel. The issue is that there are repeated data points. For example, (x,y) style (1,3.4), (2,5.5), (2,5.5), (3, 9.9), (3,9.9), (4,23.0)... Can I add a related frequency number around the corresponding data point? Thank you for your help! Ming ...

how to capture the event changing the name of a sheet
I would like to trigger a procedure whenever a user change the sheet name or add anew sheet. The event of new sheet can be captured but I don't know how to capture the event changing sheet's name. Please help No event is generated when a sheet changes names... What were you needing the event for? Perhaps we can help you get around the problem. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Satyapal Kaushal" wrote: > I would like to trigger a procedure whenever a user change the sheet name or > add anew sheet. The event of new sheet can be captured but I don't...

Sorting problems with other worksheets!!!
I have a problem!!! First I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. And in one column that has some names. and the columns next to them has data which is yes/no go/ngo for each person. If I add a person it will update itself in each worksheet. But I need to sort it. So I sort it and it sorts fine in the worksheet I'm working in. But with the other worksheets it sorts it but the data for each person doesn't stay with the person... I hope I explained this problem to where someone can understand. PLEASE HELP!!! It used to happen when a column (in this example the one containing ...

How to handle KeyDown event of CListCtrl?
I use Visual C++ 4.2 Professional and I am developing an application with a CPropertySheet as the main window and 6 CPropertyPages as the sub window. In each CPropertyPage there is a CListCtrl in a Report view style and a Button. My question is: 1. If the selection / focus is on one of the CListCtrl item and user press the Return key, then it must open a new modal dialog to show the content of items. Or if I double-click on the item or I click the Button with focus on the CListCtrl, it will open a new modal dialog showing the content of the item. How to do that? I have tried the L...

Exchange 2003 SP2 event 7518 Sender ID must be configured
Exchange 2003 SP2, IMF and Sender ID configured. NOTE: I have read the blurb from Microsoft about the 7518 showing up in the event log if no SMTP server is configured for the SMTP virtual server (default SMTP virtual server). The server I am working on is the only SMTP server (i.e. no separate Gateway), and its configured on the IP address for filter enabled, apply sender ID - so thats not it directly. I have configured "ALL UNASSIGNED" and the local Nat'd internal address for sender id, but the event keeps popping up in the event log. Has any one else seen this? The sender i...

MSExchangeDSAccess Event 2061
Every 20 minutes we get the following error event: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: LDAP Event ID: 2061 Date: 1/17/2006 Time: 8:34:18 PM User: N/A Computer: AUSTIN2K3 Description: Process MAD.EXE (PID=2084). An LDAP search call failed - Server=<server fqdn> Error code=80040957. Base DN=, Filter=(legacyExchangeDN=), Scope=2. Running Windows 2003 SP1, AD + Exchange 2003 SP2 on the same server. Any clues? Thanks in advance. Alex. See if it helps: http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2061&eventno=1784&source=MSExchangeDSAccess&...

Event ID: 1025
W2K3/E2k3 SP1 I have two event 1025 on two different Exchange Systems. I have done about as research as I can find. (1) Event ID: 1025 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store ECupdate 0x8004010f. Does anyone know if this is database corruption? If so, run eseutil or would isinteg to the trick? (2) Event ID: 1025 Source: MSExchange IS Mailbox ECupdate: EcTestMessage 0x8007000e. If so, run isinteg for this one? Any Help on the above two would be greatly appreciated. I do cringe when I see the Event ID 1025 because there is not much information out there on these. Except that as we kn...

Events from ActiveX
Hello, I added a class to my project using the "Class from an ActiveX Control" Wizard. So if I want to add event handler functions, no events will be shown on the property page. Next, I tried to add the event functios manually with a EVENTSINK_MAP but this also don't work. Can anyone help me? thanks in adavance marc ...

Sorting Alpha-Numeric Values
I would like to sort data that have aplha numeric values. When I use the sort command, the numbers wind up getting sorted by place values instead of the actual value of the number, kind of like alphabeticaly except with numbers instead of letters. For instance, I would like to these numbers sorted like this: 17A 36B 265F 1492C 1609A Instead, Excel sorts them like this: 1492C 1609A 17A 265F 36B It appears that the suffixed alpha characters alter the way the numbers would normally be sorted. Any ideas how I can sort them more logically/numericaly? Thanks! Larry ...

How to succesfully sort column of formulas?
I am trying to sort a column of formulas that consist of cel references. Example: Column: Cell 1 holds: =D10 Cell 2 holds: =D11 Cell 3 holds: =D12 Data: D10=1 D11=2 D12=3 When I try to sort the column of formulas, the formulas change cel references to other cells and mess up the data. How can I sort a column of cells of which all of them contain formula and have the cells keep the references to the right place -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi- If you write your formulae with absolute references rather tha relative references, you can sort them. Formulae should look ...

excel sorting 03-28-10
I have a text spreadsheet of 5,000 names and addresses. Column B needs to restricted to only 16 characters in that column. How do I send the records to the bottom of the page (or delete them) that have data that exceeds 16 characters in Column B? You could insert a new column. In that column, in row 2 put the formula =len(B2) and copy it down the column. Then sort the table on then new column ascending. Tom ...

Round labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How can I round text so it follows the curve in a round label? Mmmm.... Not easy. See if you can achieve what you want with Insert>Word Art... That offers very limited abilities to transform text. Otherwise you need a real vector graphics application, such as OmniGraffle or Illustrator. Vector graphics applications can be complex, difficult to learn, and expensive, so Google around and get the simplest one you find that will do the job. http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/graphics/illustration Hope this hel...

Opening address book in Word to print labels & envelopes
When I try to open the address book in Word to print labels, I get a notice to log onto Microsoft Exchange. I do not understand what to do??? Post your Outlook version. Post the mail accounts you have configured for Outlook. State whether you have added the Outlook Address Book to your Outlook Profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dolores" <fischere@midwestis.net> wrote in message news:25BF4DED-58CC-49B5-8DD0-2D8482BE6BC2@microsoft.com... > When I try to open the address book in Word to print labels, I get a notice to log onto Microsoft Exchange. I do not understand...

Custom auto-sorting...possible?
Is there a way to have excel auto-sort (cutom) by criteria in 3 columns? I think it might be easier to explain by viewing the workbook http://poolgod.zftp.com/predictions.xls. The picture shows how I need it to sort. I found some information on auto-sort in help and also on the net, but I don't know how to incorporate the multiple criteria or if it's even possible. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve -- Pools ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pools's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35961 View this thread: ht...

Dynamic sorting of rows of data.
Hi, I have data in Column B thru V. Row no 1 is header row. Data extends till lets say row number Z where Z keeps on changing depending on the amount of data. For calculating the value of Z, I use the no of entries in column F as the basis ( as it could be possible that cell B59, C 59 has no data but F59 will have data) This Z is calculated within the VB code and designated as the variable "rowcount". Now comes the real ( and difficult part)... I want to sort the above data. I recorded the macro as per my sorting specifications and got the following code: Rows("2:" ...

How do you print one address label at a time on avery 5160 labels.
I'll bet you have partial sheets of labels. I know that's why I have to use a work-around. You'll have to use a template of the entire sheet, not the wizard. 1. Go to http://publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=38 2. Download the template for Avery 5160 labels. 3. Create the label you want. 4. Print said label. 5. Thank Brian for saving you A LOT of time and work. (I've been known to lay my label out in Publisher and then copy and paste it into a Word document.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "sharonm" <sharonm@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Changing font size for folder labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I had to change my identity because of problems creating an archive. The font size for the folder/subfolder names is considerably bigger than in my old identity, but I can't find/remember how I was able to shrink the font size in the old identity. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----------------1884767708369135418 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit On 2010-03-01 18:30:43 -0800, JHawk@officefor...

Sorting data with the letter 'E' included
I have a list of department codes that I need to sort. They are in the format number, letter, number, number. All end in zero; for example 2C00, 5D00, 2E10. In most cases the last two numbers are zeros. The problem is with the codes that contain the letter 'E'. I was originally having the problem of Excel seeing all codes containing the letter 'E' as numbers and putting them into scientific notation. I subsequently formatted them as text which fixed the display problem, but now when I sort, all the department codes that contain 'E' are sorting at the...

Printing certian events
How do I print a calendar with only certian events instead of a calendar with all events and appointments. For example if I want to print a calendar with only Business events? You could Filter the view first, or use Find, depending on what kind of calendar and time frame you were printing. Matt Lujano wrote: > How do I print a calendar with only certian events instead of a calendar with > all events and appointments. For example if I want to print a calendar with > only Business events? Create a filter that shows only items in the Business category. -- Dia...

macro to find phone number and label with text
Hi-- Here's the situation: I have long lists of satellite phone bills that I need to track by individual phone users and I want to build a macro that seeks out a specific number (example, macro searches "882 156 445 4554" and in the column next to it, automatically spits out "Dan's phone." In one Excel file, I have a growing list of satellite phone numbers (~400 numbers) that I'm constantly adding to that I'm hoping the macro can draw from. In the other set of files, I have individual phone bills for each phone (about 18 separate excel files per month) wi...

Event ID: 5891 is logged in the Exchange Server Application log by CRM 1.2

how do you sort a table by column 1
thank you in advance -- paul Hi Paul I am not too sure where you are in EXCEL or what you are asking but let me give you a simple example in the hope that it will answer your question. 1. Bring up a new (blank) Workbook. 2. In cells A1 to A5 enter:- a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 3. In cells B1 to B5 enter:- b1 b2 b3 b4 b5 4. In cells C1 to C5 enter:- c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 5. To sort by colum A (in EXCEL 2007):- - highlight A1 to C5 (inclusive) - Data / Sort / Sort by Column A / Order Z to A 6. Hit OK. 7. You will now see cells sorted as follows:- a5 b5 c5 a4 b4 c4 a3 b3 c3 a2 b2 c2 a1 b1 c...