Snooze->Recreate appointment?

I was wondering if there's a way to re-create an appointment whne snoozing.
That is, if you snooze an appointment within minutes no problem, but when
you snooze for a week, you end collecting enldess to-do lists.... Would be
nice to have an option to chooser to re-create the same appointment on a
given date...

Are you talking about appointments or tasks?  Also What version of
Outlook are you using?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Marcus" <marcus@idontwant.spam.org> wrote in message

> I was wondering if there's a way to re-create an appointment whne snoozing.
> That is, if you snooze an appointment within minutes no problem, but when
> you snooze for a week, you end collecting enldess to-do lists.... Would be
> nice to have an option to chooser to re-create the same appointment on a
> given date...

0
bens1 (1425)
10/13/2008 8:07:11 AM
Try using Tasks rather than reminders on appointments.  Change the Start
Date to suit.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com
Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user?  Read "7 settings all Outlook
2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
> Are you talking about appointments or tasks?  Also What version of Outlook
> are you using?
>
> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> http://www.officeforlawyers.com
> Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
>

> "Marcus" <marcus@idontwant.spam.org> wrote in message
>
>> I was wondering if there's a way to re-create an appointment whne
>> snoozing.
>> That is, if you snooze an appointment within minutes no problem, but when
>> you snooze for a week, you end collecting enldess to-do lists.... Would
>> be
>> nice to have an option to chooser to re-create the same appointment on a
>> given date...

0
Judy
10/13/2008 10:57:06 AM
2003.

Probabiliy it's just a strategy & organizational problem...

I mean, you have some to-do that are borderline between appointments and
tasks.
And I have stopped using tasks because it all ended with
forgotten-to-do-lists....

It looks like relying too much on tasks doesn't let your brain work..... too
much computing here!

Using tasks makes me feel as a complete nerd, uncapable to remember one
single thing to-do!

Ok back to Outlook..... what strategy do you use? Do you strictly use
appointments and tasks? What is your experience?

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
> Are you talking about appointments or tasks?  Also What version of Outlook
> are you using?
>
> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> http://www.officeforlawyers.com
> Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
>

> "Marcus" <marcus@idontwant.spam.org> wrote in message
>
>> I was wondering if there's a way to re-create an appointment whne
>> snoozing.
>> That is, if you snooze an appointment within minutes no problem, but when
>> you snooze for a week, you end collecting enldess to-do lists.... Would
>> be
>> nice to have an option to chooser to re-create the same appointment on a
>> given date...

Issues with existing appointment
i work in IT and have two issues i am trying to settle for user departments - 1. If an appointment is on the executives calendar and either of his two assistants try to add more participants (most of the appointments they added originally) sometimes they cant add more people to the list. They can send the new people emails, but the new folks don't show up on the list of attendees. 2. When meetings get changed (agenda is added, the time/date, or location) attendees aren't getting the update because the tab to notify attendees isn't on the screen. these issues ar...

Every appointment in calendar resets to today
One user at our Exchange 2000 site has some setting somewhere in the store that makes every appointment she tries to make, after highlighting a date and time frame and adding a new appointment default to the current date. This happens on every computer she logs on (not client related). It has to do something with her account settings stored in the Store. Any idea to reset this, aside from creating an entirely different mailbox for her ? ...

How to close CRM appointments in Outlook
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to close an appointment that is created in Outlook using the CRM appointment functionality? I am able to create an appointment and link it to an account/contact/opportunity, but I cannot see how to close it in Outlook. Is the only solution to go into the browser based CRM product to close it? ...

meetings and appointments
A user has assigned delegates to his account, and they receive email messages about meeting confirmations. How do you filter this for the users affected? Thank you in advance, Phil ...

Appointment Tracking Tab
Is there anyway to print the appointment tracking tab? This will be very useful for record keeping but when you try to print the tracking information, it defaults to the memo view and you cannot create new views that pull this information. Help! Keith It is an often requested feature addition to Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Keith aske...

Make an appointment for another user
Seems like a basic question but I cant see how to do it....... CRM User A contacts customer and want to schedule an appointment for CRM User B to meet with them - how can they do it? Anytime you make an appointment - either SFO or web it gets allocated to person who made it? Causing lots of frustration - appreciate any advice Roger CRM User A contacts customer and schedule an appointment. Then, from appointment windows Actions -> Assign -> User B "Roger" wrote: > Seems like a basic question but I cant see how to do it....... > > CRM User A contacts customer...

Recurring Calendar Appointment Error
Hey everyone, We are running Exchange 2003 w/sp2 and Outlook 2007. I have a user who has a recurring calendar apt. the covers a number of months. However, the meeting organizer deleted one ocurrence but it still shows up on his calendar. When he tries to open it he gets the following dialog box that pops up: Can't open this item. You changed one of the recurrences of this item, and this instance no longer exists. Close any open items and try again. Any ideas what I can do to fix this problem and make sure everyone on the list get this item deleted from their calen...

Appointment synchronization from outlook by invitation from outsid
Hi! I am experiencing difficulties with appointment synchronization between outlook and CRM. I got invitation from outside company to meeting, I accepted it and it appeared in my outlook calendar. Unfortunately when I try to "Track in CRM" this appointment, system gives synchonization error "There is a problem communication with the CRM server. " -- Liega Buracevska ...

Where can I find online appointment scheduling template?
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a template for publisher 2003 that allows a client to setup a date and time for a hair appointment online. For example; The client goes to the webpage and keys in the following: 1. Name 2. Date 3. Time 4. Hair style they desire. 5. Then either an email is sent to the shop or there is an online database that allow the hair stylist to login and see who's scheduled to see them for the next week, 2 weeks month etc. Thanks to all that comment, ...

Outlook Appointments off by 1 Hour on some Users Outlook Calendar
I have some users that have SOME appointments (both recurring and single instance) that are off by 1 hour. I have tried the Outlook Time Zone Move program on 3 separate computers (all runing Win XP Pro/Outlook 2007) and the program "finds no appointments that need fixing"...but there are clearly one or more that need fixed if I manually look in their calendar. The weird thing is that when I run the tool on my Outlook (Windows 7 Ult/Outlook 2007) it still shows no appointments need fixing but it gives me a "details" button to show my appointments where I can ...

Appointment check
We have a custom entity named approval that is linked to appointments. I would like CRM to not save an appointment when the duration of the appointment is 1 hour or more if there is no approval record linked to the appointment. How can I do this? Also, I would like a new approval window to open up when a new appointment is being entered and the duration is changed to 1 hour or more. Thank you for your help. Both things can be done, but they do require some development. Prohibiting an appointment to be saved can be done using a pre callout this can validate the duration of the appoi...

How do I print my calendar without private appointments?
I'm trying to print a calendar and hide my private appointments. I also don't want the word private appointments to be on my calendar too. I still want to keep my private appointments on my computer system, just not on the printed copy. I saw this question posted in 2006 and Sue Mosher's answer was to filter a view in Outlook so that private appointments wouldn't print. How do you filter a view in Outlook 2003? R-click in the calendar, pick Customize Current View, Filter...... paigehcm wrote: > I'm trying to print a calendar and hide my private ...

How do I disable the default reminder in appointments in CRM
Hello, When creating an appointment in CRM and it syncs with outlook we see a reminder of 15 minutes even after we disabled it in outlook. I heared there maybe a registry key setting that could disable that does anyone know how what it is or of another way to do this? Thanks Emad ...

Calendar continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder
Hi, I have a user who reports her Calendar (Outlook 2000) continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder. Server is Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. Any thoughts? Do they get added to the calendar before they are deleted? Does this person have the Resource Scheduling option under Tools->Options->Caledar set to automatically accept? Also, does the person have the option set to delete blank and voting options turned on? One last thing to check, does the user have any rules defined that affect appointment items? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to...

CRM 4.0
Hi, there seems to be some strange behavior with a CRM 4.0 workflow on an appointment entity that is triggered by the change of an attribute. Here it goes: 1/ When an appointment is saved AND there is no scheduling alert (like 'User' is not available at this time): the workflow always runs, even although the attribute did not change. >> Obviously I don't want that to happen. 2/ When an appointment is saved AND a scheduling alert occurs (like 'User' is not available at this time): a popup dialog window asks if you want to "Ignore and Save" or "Ca...

FA Phys Inventory Lists need to be recreated at some point in time
Physical Inventory List Reports need to be created at some point in time. These reports are used by clients for auditing purposes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.m...

Assign batch # to rcds so report can be recreated.
Hi, I'm running Access via Office XP Pro on Windows 7 Pro. I've cross posted this to the Report group (I hope) and I'm trying to develop a couple of SQL statements to help me recreate previously printed forms / reports. Goal / Background ------------------------ I want to print the actual invoice for all transactions that have NOT been previously been printed. The invoice numbers were assigned when the transactions were created. I just want to “group” all the transactions into a single batch so that I can re-produce that given batch at any given point i...

Tables recreated does not have table keys
When I recrete table in SQL Maintenance, the tables created does not have a table key. I am on GP90 b301. ...

how do I set appointments timescale to default to 15 minute interv
Outlook calendar appointsments meeting time dropdown box defaults to selecting appointments at 30 minute intervals, unless you type something else. This is a pain. My apointments are at 15 minute intervals. In the new appointment dialog, is there are way to get the time dropdown box to default to 15 minute intervals? Thanks JM if you are using the day view, right click on the time scale - select 15 min. You can also access the time scale by right clicking on the calendar and choosing other settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours ...

Adding Appointments to another calendar
I am in need of a solution that I can use so that I can add appointments to another user's calendar and still link to it in CRM. This functionality is easy to accomplish with just Outlook, but without creating a mess, I have not been able to do this with Sales for Outlook client. Ideally, I would like to create the CRM appointment for someone the same/or near the same as opening the shared calendar and adding the appointment. However, CRM defaults it to only your calendar. Thanks for any help you can provide! -Matt There was something called CRM Appointment Book developed by Accu...

Undeliverable message after creating appointment
I'll try to describe the problem with some names... The Problem: "Bill" has a mailbox with a calendar. When "Steve" creates an appointment called "Test" with Bill then Steve receives the following message: Subject : Undeliverable - Test Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Anderson, Pamela on 10-10-2005 11:13 The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the corre...

Smartart not displaying in outlook appointment
I have a user using outlook 2007 and sends a meeting request to several people and she includes a smartart graphic in the meeting request. The attendees can see the smartart graphic in the outlook inbox prior to accepting the meeting request. Once the meeting request is accepted and is on the calendar the smartart graphic is no longer visiable. Can you help me figure out what happened to the smartart graphic? Her operating system is Windows XP and using Outlook 2007. ...

Appointment End Time
When I enter a new appointment into Outlook Calendar, as soon as I enter a start time, the date of the end time goes up a day. How can I keep the end date the same as the start date? ...

How do I sort and print appointments by category each day
I need print an appointment schedule each morning. I need the categories separate such as small animal appointments on one page and large animal appointments on a separate page You will need to make some new Views which filter by Category. Then show the Small Animal view and print, show the large animal view, print etc. If you need instructions on how to do this, let us know your version of Outlook so we can be exact.. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Shattuck vet" <Shattuck vet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C73FF3B0-B981-49EE-9E...

Outlook Appointment NDR
When I send a particular user (userA) an appointment using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 the appointment goes through however I also get a NDR from an previously deleted user mailbox (UserB). The deleted userB used to be setup as a delegate for userA that I am sending an appointment to. UserB was setup to get a copy of any appointment sent to UserB that I am sending the appointment to. Currently there are no delegates set up for UserA so I am thinking that somehow the delegate reference is still there in some invisible form. Can anyone help? Hello: I ran into these problems many...