slow emails

We are using exchange 2000 sever.  and we have one user on
one machine that her emails take awhile to process, up to
3hrs possibly.  She is running outlook 2002, with all
updates as of 10/9/03.  I have figured in the past that it
was just the other servers the mail was going through that
was slowing it down.  But when she uses, another persons
acount on another machine it runs fine.  Is this and
outlook/machine problem, a server problem, or a problem
that is out of my hands?  Or is there a problem at all?
0
nicks1 (1)

machine, verify her logon is correctly setup for roaming
profile, and if using Win2K or XP on either or both, see
that her network user account is setup under Local
Administrators group.  If she doesn't have good enough
local rights, she'll be denied or slowed up connecting to
Exchange server.
0
notneeded (11)
10/14/2003 6:58:38 PM
The users porfiles was nto set up completly correct, she
didn't have permission to save it when she was done.  I
got that fixed, but the emails that she sends and recieves
out of the office is still really slow.  Any other ideas.

Nick

0
anonymous (74722)
10/23/2003 10:01:00 PM
Oh and she does have addministratoive rights.

Nick

0
anonymous (74722)

Emailing report sections
Access 2007 I have a report that I sorted bye sales groups, In each sales group are the details. I need to email to each group their part of the report. I would even be ok with coping and pasting the groups. So far I have run into a blank wall.. Thanks in advance Bob Biss wrote: > Access 2007 > > I have a report that I sorted bye sales groups, In each sales group are > the details. > > I need to email to each group their part of the report. I would even be > ok with coping and pasting the groups. > > So far I have run into ...

Bulk Emails
Hi There I am having problems sending bulk emails. I have ensured the Bulk Email service has started which it has, the test that I done sending one email from a campaign is sitting in my Exchange Server Queue (not in CRM queue) Small Business SMTP Connector. It seems to have created two emails aswell? Has anyone experienced this before? Kind Regards Peter ...

Email #79
Is there a way that you can have an email sent back to you that lets you know that the recipient of your email has opened it? You can request a "read receipt" but the recipient can deny it. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "MaryBethK" wrote: > Is there a way that you can have an email sent back to you that lets you know > that the recipient of your email has opened it? In news:8C1B8A4D-F928-4F62-AA57-61965E6333C1@microsoft.com, Mary...

Email replies #2
Running OL 03, and would like to know if there is a way to automatically have set-up CC reply to's, without having to manually type in set contacts each time? Thanks, RED anglirich <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote: > Running OL 03, and would like to know if there is a way to > automatically have set-up CC reply to's, without having to manually > type in set contacts each time? Check your sending rules. You'll see that there is one that will add Cc contacts automatically. It's "Cc the message to people or distribution list". -- Brian Tillma...

Email #87
I cant connect my Hotmail email address to outlook. How do I do this Don't know. No details =3D no answer. Provide your version of Outlook = and your Hotmail subscription status for an answer... or go as the = Hotmail support folks. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, George asked: | I cant connect my Hotmail email address to outlook. How do I do this "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.co...

Unable to open URL in email
I'm a little embarrassed to ask this but I'm so tired I can't think straight. I should know the answer to this but am going blank. I turned on my machine this a.m. and discovered that I am unable to click on a URL in received email and get Internet Explorer to open up. I get a Microsoft Office Outlook error window "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" I've probably looked right over the required setting and missed. I would much appreciate someone screwing my head on correctly! Thank you ed boyd, seaboyd@comcast.net Absol...

Most html email shows up garbled!
why all of a sudden does most of my html email show up garbled? It started a while ago, but now most of it is recieved that way. "jeepers14702" wrote: > why all of a sudden does most of my html email show up garbled? It started a > while ago, but now most of it is recieved that way. I guess I mean no pictures in html mail, just text. Mial that I use recieve just fine, is now just text. "jeepers14702" <jeepers14702@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43BA951A-9E94-44BF-926A-7C5F4409E956@microsoft.com... > why all of a sudden does most of ...

email problem
i am having a problem when i open my email, a window comes up asking for a password even though i have already entered it in the window where you save it so you don't have to keep re-entering it. I have tried creating a new identity and a new password, and no luck. Please help. I am having the same problem. If you find out, please post the resolution (and I'll do the same if I find out). It's driving me crazy! >-----Original Message----- >i am having a problem when i open my email, a window comes >up asking for a password even though i have already >entered i...

Limit in the num. of emails in a single Outlook folder
Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain in a single folder? If so, does that limit include all the email contained in its subfolders too? lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain > in a single folder? Every folder can contain at a minimum 64K items (size doesn't matter) and the entire data store can contain at a minimum 20GB. -- Brian Tillman > lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > > > Is there a limit in the number of...

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 64 bit SLOW download of mail
I've read most of the posts I can find related to the slowness of Outlook retrieving mail and I still can't resolve this. I have a POP account at Roadrunner. My normal downloads are very fast. Sending mail is fast. Receiving mail - I can watch the count of BYTES going up about 30 at a time... BYTES not KB not MB. THe typical fix I see doesn't appear to be valid in Win7 only Vista (the Autosize window or something like that). I thought I'd take a chance and try the Beta of Outlook 2010 and guess what? It;s still slow. Any thoughts? This is really a dog. Open...

Cant send email through SMTP (post Office s003 SP1)
I have recently installed Office 2003 SP1 - I'm not sure if this is the problem; I've only just noticed the problem, so can't guarantee that SP1 is the cause. I have multiple accounts configure in Outlook at both home and work. Up until recently, all the accounts on my work machine worked fine; they included one exchange account and several pop3/smtp accounts. My Exchange account still works fine. My yahoo accounts still appear to work. But 3 other account with 3 different mail servers cant send outgoing mail. The problem went unnoticed for a while because when I sent an email fr...

Emails not saved in "sent" folder
The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, the item I supposedly sent does not appear in the sent folder. Help?! Chuck Humphrey Chuck Humphrey, you wrote on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:10:55 -0700: > The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a > known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with > the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, > the item I suppos...

Why do I receive emails with email inside of them?
Frequently when I receive emails that I am being forwarded, the email I'm being forwarded is an attachment in the email. Sometimes it's embedded several emails deep. So once I've finally got to see what I actually want to see, there are 2, 3, 4 or more emails open on my task bar. I hope that that is clear what I mean. Is there any way I can disable this? I'm using outlook 2002 BTW. Thanks, Darren Barnes wooba [at] gmx [dot] net ...

Two Email Accounts not able to reply out of one of them
Hello All, I was wondering if someone here has ran into this problem. I currently have two email accounts setup in Exchange I can receive email in both of these accounts and view the email in Outlook 2003. In my default account if I receive an email I can reply back. But in my secondary mailbox if I receive an email I cannot reply back I get a error message which is listed below. On the secondary account I have added my username under permissions and gave it full access but I am still getting the below error. Anything will help thanks. Your message did not reach some or all of the inten...

outlook 2010 folder display missing after email moved into it
After you move a message into a folder, the folder name on the folders display pane on the left disappeared... the only way to get it back is to exit and restart outlook 2010 However, this doesn't happen if you move a message into a subfolder.. ...

lost email #2
Hello, on exchange 2003 sp2 I have made some error modifying the criteria adressee and not delivery more the mail in the cases of the customers, now I have replaced all to place, but where they are the email unloaded from the connector pop3 and not delivered? Thanks to all ...

Public Folder Email Address
I need to extract a list of the email addresses that are used for mail enabled public folders, there are many folders that have built up over the last few years and some of the folders have several address's associated with them. We run exhange 2000. Does anyone know of any tools i could use or reports i could generate from exchange? Many thanks, Charlie. you should be able to run a query in ADUC looking for all PFs that have smtp addresses... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E20828C-5908-4948-B845-9BEF19...

red x when email from charter.net ubuntu
I am using xp ie7 outlook express 6..when i receive emails have red x..message source says from mta21.charter.net..checked on internet says ubuntu..is this spam or do I just have problem I tried sending it to myself says one or more pictures can't be found send anyway still get red x..hope this not too long but I very little about all this -- Thanks for help! I assume these messages had been Forwarded to you, yes? Unless you're seeing these "red x" placeholders in other emails containing embedded images or on a web-page, the problem is not on your end, Katy....

XP slow to load programs
This is one of those questions that I don't think anyone has an answer to. The programs on my xp machine are very slow to load ie outlook takes 3 minutes. The loading time keep getting longer and longer over time. I did all the standard stuff, defragged, ran three spyware programs, three registry cleanup programs, ran windows update, limited the number of startup programs, ran disk cleanup and etc. I have 2 gig or ram and half of my 200g hard drive is empty. It just keeps slowing down over the months. Sadly, I think that this is just standard windows behaviour that we have ...

email by rows
hello All: I'm looking for a macro that will go down a sheet and look for th email address and mail every thing in that row to *ONLY* that person n matter if it has 10 columns or 20 columns I have a sheet set up lik this Employee Name LAB Degree Section E-Mail Address paper1 paper2 paper3 I will be adding more columns as the year goes on that is why it nee to be able to send different size rows. Any help would be appreciated Dal -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi DaleL Which mail program do you use -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "D...

How do I back up just my Outlook email?
Hi all, I have MS Office Professional Edition 2003 installed with Outlook 2003. I was wondering how I can create a backup of all my emails, inbox and sent emails in paticular. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Thanks in advance!!! Regards, Steve B. PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Steven B." <PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com> wro...

email forwarding #20
am running Exchange 2003 and I want to set up email forwarding to send email from one some in our Active directory domain to an external recient. It works fine when the e-mails are originated in my Exchange Server environment but it does not work for those messages coming from outside. I have exchange in a front-end-back end configuration. It will work just fine if front end server is down, but when up the emails in up in the Queue. Any thoughts? I think this is by design because exchange sees this as a relay, what's the ndr you are getting? James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, M...

Missing email options in Publisher 2003
When I go to send email in Publisher 2003 I only get send email as an attachment and not the option to send message as an email or to preview the email. The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 Is Outlook your default email program? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "lljoseph" <lljoseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E71FD640-C3E3-4EF3-AAB4-90...

Images in emails not showing
My wife and I both have the same Outlook XP installed on our computers, but when someone sends me an email with images "Inserted" into the body of the page, when I open the email they are at the top as Attachments. But they don't on hers, they show as they should in the body of the letter. Even if I forward said letter after opening it and seeing that they are at the top, when she opens her email, the images are inserted in the body of the letter. I know there is a setting somewhere, just can't find it. Tried Options>Security>(set to:) Internet. Is there a regist...

emailing pdf files
I'm trying to launch a web-based business. I'm there, ready to go, bu I'm having some problems with my email. I have my accounting software setup to print my receipts to an adob pdf file, and it does so beautifully, but I can't send the darn thing I've tried several e-mail accounts, outlook97 & outlook express(v?) Outlook errored that there was "no transport provider available" whic is apparently a common error in OL'97, and I've tried all the fixe from the microsoft website that apply, but still no go. When I sen directly from a webmail account, it ...