Size of the PST file too big w/ Outlook 2000

Hi you all!
I am using Outlook 2000 and I want to decrease the size of my outlook.pst
file. I know that when you get over 1GB, you're heading for problems...
I run the archiving on a few folders; it did fine and created the archive
files, but the original outlook.pst file has not changed at all in size.
Any idea?

Nicolas

0
macarez (122)

You need to compact the file.  Right click on outlook today/personal folders
and select properties.  select advanced and then compact.

"Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi you all!
> I am using Outlook 2000 and I want to decrease the size of my outlook.pst
> file. I know that when you get over 1GB, you're heading for problems...
> I run the archiving on a few folders; it did fine and created the archive
> files, but the original outlook.pst file has not changed at all in size.
> Any idea?
>
> Nicolas

0
neoheart (690)
5/12/2004 5:03:11 PM
It worked fine!
Many thanks
Nicolas

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote in message
> You need to compact the file.  Right click on outlook today/personal
folders
> and select properties.  select advanced and then compact.
>
> "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message
> > Hi you all!
> > I am using Outlook 2000 and I want to decrease the size of my
outlook.pst
> > file. I know that when you get over 1GB, you're heading for problems...
> > I run the archiving on a few folders; it did fine and created the
archive
> > files, but the original outlook.pst file has not changed at all in size.
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Nicolas

0
macarez (122)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Maximum file sizes

Outlook Sales

Linking files 2 ways

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

File size #11

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

find action on log file

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

how do i increase font size beyond 72
highlighting figure in font size box and trying to put larger number in myself does not do it. is there another way? thanks High-light the number, type your number, hit return. It that doesn't work for you, on the toolbar, format, font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Polly Vincent" <Polly Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BDAEB5E-C30C-4721-BB51-F89C1B4332E2@microsoft.com... > highlighting figure in font ...