Size of mail to download

Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system.  I want to tell Outlook to not
download mail from the server if it is over a certain size.  How do I do
that?  I've looked at rules and can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Jeffrey Needle
jeff.needle@gmail.com

Jeff Needle <jeff.needle@cwnet.com> wrote:

> Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system.  I want to tell Outlook to not
> download mail from the server if it is over a certain size.  How do I
> do that?  I've looked at rules and can't figure it out.

Outlook has no rules that will selectively download from the server.  You
can modity the Sedn/Receive group to download only the headers for messages
larger than a specified size, however.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
> Jeff Needle <jeff.needle@cwnet.com> wrote:
>
>> Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system.  I want to tell Outlook to not
>> download mail from the server if it is over a certain size.  How do I
>> do that?  I've looked at rules and can't figure it out.
>
> Outlook has no rules that will selectively download from the server.  You
> can modity the Sedn/Receive group to download only the headers for
> messages larger than a specified size, however.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Can I ask you how to do this?  I didn't find anything like it, going through
the headers.

Thanks!

Jeff Needle <jeff.needle@cwnet.com> wrote:

> Can I ask you how to do this?  I didn't find anything like it, going
> through the headers.

Tools>Options>Mail Setup>Send/Receive.  Select your Send/Receive group
(probably "All Accounts") and click Edit.  Select the account and examine
the settings are the lower right.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Unread mail not showing up in Inbox
Hi, My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the "From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose. Also, some additio...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. #3
I disabled this prompt always when it first started coming up and now, I need it again. Anyone know where I can reset it? You can't disable the prompt as an end user, so I'm baffled as to what you did and what you're now trying to do. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "connieh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d0101c47f27$61d33420$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I disabled this prompt alway...

Transfer Outlook express e-mails
How do I transfer my messages on outlook express to a CD so I can format my hard drive and reinstall these e-mails when completed Hi, Chuck - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for...

How to Bounce mail
I run Xp outlook SP3 and would like to "Bounce" (return) certain mail -- automatically back to the sender. Can this be done ? david David wrote: > I run Xp outlook SP3 and would like to "Bounce" (return) certain mail -- > automatically back to the sender. Can this be done ? > david Fake bounces are considered deliberate backscatter and are reportable as spam. Expect to get added to public and private blacklists as a spam source. YOU have no guaranteed information in a received e-mail as to who was the true sender of an e-mail. The only ...

Unable to open links in Outlook mail
I've seen a number of postings from people getting the following error when trying to open a link in an Outlook email "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." After having the same problem I figured out it happened after installing then uninstalling Google Chrome. With that, I looked on line and found the following instructions which I tweaked slightly and it fixed the problem. "If you received this error after uninstalling Google Chrome (or Firefox) browser you may need to change the HTM/HTML association in the re...

Sendinf personalised mails to a group using Outlook
Hi All, I would like to know how to send personalised mails to a group (keeping the groups in bcc) using outlook 2003/2007. Please share your thoughts. regards, Jaseel You have stated contradictory points. BCC does not "personalise" it just hides the recipient list. If you want to personalise, ie use data fields like first_name and last_name, you need to do a mailmerge to email. There are many posts here on how to do that. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "Jassy" <Jassy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Exchange 5.5 size-constraint-violation
Hi to all. We have a strange problem with our exchange system (5.5 SP4). In our site we have 4 mailboxservers (3500 users) and one bridgehead server. Since the rollout from Office 2003/Outlook 2003 we got ndr's with id 290. In the logs i see the following event: "A non delivery roport (reason code transfer-failure and diagnostic code size-constraint-violation) is being generated ... and was redirected ..." No one get's the ndr and the mail is lost. If the sender send's the mail a 2nd or 3 rd time the mail arrives. If i move the sender and the recipient to the same ex...

how do I change font size in a dropdown menu I created?
The size of the font in the dropdown menu I created is very small so is there any way of making it larger? Any help much appreciated thanks THECORBYLOON, is this a Data Validation dropdown list? If so there is no way built into excel, have a look here for a workaround http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "THECORBYLOON" <THECORBYLOON@discussions.microsoft.com...

Workflow Rule generated E-Mails
Hello: I have a Workflow Rule that sends an E-Mail every time a new Case is created which works quite well. It seems the Workflow Rule generated E-Mail by default attempts to send the E-Mil to the "Primary Contact" associated with the "Account". I do NOT want the E-Mail to be sent to the "Account", Primary Contact and would prefer not to alter the "Account", Primary Contact or E-Mail Address. How can this be accomplished? Thanks -Bill I'm assuming that you are using a template for the email. The problem with workflow is that you can e...

Logging Sent and Received Internet Mail?
Hi, Could someone out there please tell me how to log all sent and received internet mail on my exchange 2003 server. Thanks! Turn tracking on. Go to the properties on the server in Exchange System Manager (or if you have a server policy go to the policy), check enable message tracking and subject logging (optional) and set a time limit for removing log files. If you need to keep the logging info longer make sure you implement a backup strategy for the server.log folder where the logs will be kept. Glen "DM SysOp" <DMSysOp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Using RTF In E-mail
In Outlook 2000, how can one create or reply to an e-mail in rich text format, so that one could use font colors, etc.? You can use the Format menu when you have Outlook set as the e-mail editor or use the e-mail Toolbar when you have Word set as the editor. Note that RTF is the least compatible mail format and that upgrading a message format on a reply isn't considered nice. If you have specific needs to still upgrade the message format (for instance to use tables) use HTML-format instead. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; ...

Graphics and attached file in e-mail activity / quick campaigns e-mails
Hi. We have migrated from Siebel to MS CRM 4.0. We are happy with the decision, but very disappointed by the default options on e-mails, especially e-mails in quick campaigns: - Graphics cannot be inserted, e.g. a company logo - A file, e.g. a PDF, cannot be attached Can anyone help with a workaround, or any tips on a third party add-on / tool that can expand the functionality in CRM? We have tried deferent workarounds: - Export the targets e-mail addresses to Excel. Design the e-mail in Word, and send the e-mails from Word via the Excel list merge. That solves the graphics issue, but...

Windows Mail
I'm new to this but have always seem to have found the solution on the web...not this time. I have a Yahoo email acccount and recently got myself an Acer Extensa 5620. It's loaded with a hot key to the Windows mail. I've tried to get my Yahoo account to run through this program but the pop up log in screen will not accept my user name or password. I did set up the account with the right info and I've double checked it. Any help would be appreciated This is the forum for Dynamics GP. You would get better responses in other forums. Sorry I dont know which one but this i...

Cannot delete mail in Outlook Express
I could not an Outlook Express user group so I will post my problem here. All of a sudden I received multiple copies of the same emails. I could delete most of them but some will not delete. Would appreciate your help. Mo "M Weiss" <m2weiss@verizon.net> wrote in message news:EwcPi.15456$Cd7.10143@trnddc03... >I could not an Outlook Express user group This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an O...

Multiple e-mails sent from Outlook 2002
Whenever we try to send an e-mail that has a large attachment or multiple attachments the e-mail sets in the outbox and repeatedly sends itself to the recipient. To stop this you have to open the send recieve details, cancel all tasks, then delete the e-mail from the outbox. I have not been able to uncover a solution to this problem and it is happening on at least three of our XP Pro computers. ...

RUS does not allow mail boxes to be opened
When creating new user/mail box in AD on our Exchange 2000 server, the RUS generates a smtp address, but when user logs on Outlook reports 'Unable to open your default e-mail folders, you do not have permission to logon'. We have checked ADSI and the setting 'msExchUsserAccountControl' has a value of 'not set'. If you change this to '0', then the mailbox can be opened. Why is RUS not setting this value? We have tried creating new RUS and recepient policy and this does not make any difference. The user has permission to open his own mailbox. We have tried ...

Display different outgoing mail domain
We have purchased a domain name that we would like to use for our email. ie we use Stargate as a mail provider, but we want our outgoing mail to show person@companydomain.com instead of person@stargate.net. You could do this in previous versions of Outlook (tell it how to display outgoing email address), but I can't figure out how to do this in 2002 Outlook. Does anyone know if this can be done? ...

Multi incoming e-mail
Hi, I have a problem I have 9 e-mail domains that are incoming mail to an exchange 2003 server, what I want to do is this ! @domain1.com will be the e-mail address I will use But I will accept mail to @domain2.com and @domain3..9.com and when I get e-mail to those domain I want to rename them to @domain1.com and insert them into the exchange store. Is there anyway to do this ? with out having to insert e-mail address for each domain for each user have many user and short live :-) Thanks In Advance Aegir Thordarson ...

Help to get back to basic for incomming mail
Usu Outlook 2003 on one single PC. Normaly when I open Outlook the Inbox opens automatelicy and shows old as well as unread messages. Suddenly I have to klik on Inbox to se, what's hiding in it. It pis me of, do anyone know, what I have to change to get back to normal. I might have changed something without knowing it. I use imap, but that doesn't use to affect this. honest wrote: > Usu Outlook 2003 on one single PC. Normaly when I open Outlook the Inbox > opens automatelicy and shows old as well as unread messages. Suddenly I have > to klik on Inbox to se, w...

Default mail account in Outlook 2000
I use Outlook 2000 to send and receive email from several different POP accounts. Sometimes I want to send emails from one account, while other times I want to send them from a different account. I know that Outlook allows you to change which account a message is sent from via the "File | Send Using" menu option. My problem is that I often forget to use that option and just click the "Send" button on the toolbar. This sends out the message using the Default POP account. After it has been sent I remember that I didn't use the "Send Using" option. My quest...

Need to re-download and get product key
My computer was reformatted and I no longer have my copy of Money Plus Deluxe or the product key. I purchased it directly from the Microsoft site. How do I go about getting a new copy and my product key? Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Can't Click on Links in E-mail Messages
Starting today, whenever I click on a link in an e-mail message, the following box pops up: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact your system administrator. Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it so that I can click on links? -- Brett Hi Brett, The following Knowledge Base (KB) article addresses the issue that you are having. Please follow the steps outlined in this article and this should resolve your issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;307818 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE,...

Configure exchange to deliver e-mail for non-local 'domain users' to ISP instead of trying locally
Hello, I bet this question has been asked before but I can't find the answer: Problem description: Exchange 2000 (SBS config, local domain name: org.local) is configured to collect mail from 10 POPboxes under domainname organisation.com. This works fine. Now the organisation opens a second office with just two PC's with Outlook, collecting e-mail from the two extra POPboxes under the same domain: mtax@organisation.com and mtax2@organisation.com. This works fine as well. What doesn't work is sending e-mail via the Exchange server at the headoffice to mtax@organisation.com, becau...

Opening Draft E-mail Outlook 2000
Outlook 2000, Windows XP Pro Outlook hung when two e-mails were open, they are both sttill in Drafts folder. But they cannot be opened, an unknown error is returned when opening. Where are the temp files relating to these e-mails stored? If I open them in wordpad I can copy the contents out. Any ideas? Cheers, Richard Thorneycroft IT Systems Support Husky Group Ltd (01455) 555 340 They are stored in your PST. You can try to export them to another format (File | Import and Export) but those messages are possibly corrupt. "RichardThorneycroft" <richard-deletethis-@huskypr...

Internet Mail Service (5.5) Running on Win2000 box
Hi - I have been everywhere and checked everything and I am stumped. I am running Exchange 5.5 (SP4) on Windows 2000 (SP4 - no AD). Every 22 - 24 minutes like clockwork, the IMS stops, which stops the info store. I have it set up to restart automatically, but it is really annoying to all users. Either the requesting data box appears or a network connection error message pops up. 15 - 20 secs later the services are back up and I am good to go. I have applied every hotfix I can find and checked every setting with the server that process the mail coming into my server. Any help w...