simply setting fonts in OL07?

OL07: tools/options/Mail Format/Stationery and Fonts (described as "to
change your default font and style").  If I set a font here for new
messages, and save/close it, and start a new message with Control-N,
shouldn't it use that setting? It doesn't seem to. Yes, I restarted
OL.

I did just set a theme, but it says "always use my fonts" so I assume
that means that the theme is not the culprit.

yes, it should use the font you defined for the message format.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

<zofficedepot@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> OL07: tools/options/Mail Format/Stationery and Fonts (described as "to
> change your default font and style").  If I set a font here for new
> messages, and save/close it, and start a new message with Control-N,
> shouldn't it use that setting? It doesn't seem to. Yes, I restarted
> OL.
>
> I did just set a theme, but it says "always use my fonts" so I assume
> that means that the theme is not the culprit.

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/18/2008 10:08:22 PM
On Jun 18, 5:08 pm, "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlook...@msn.net> wrote:
> yes, it should use the font you defined for the message format.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>
> <zofficede...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > OL07: tools/options/Mail Format/Stationery and Fonts (described as "to
> > change your default font and style").  If I set a font here for new
> > messages, and save/close it, and start a new message with Control-N,
> > shouldn't it use that setting? It doesn't seem to. Yes, I restarted
> > OL.
>
> > I did just set a theme, but it says "always use my fonts" so I assume
> > that means that the theme is not the culprit.

Hmm, well something else appears to override my action, which is
described above...
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\MailSettings -
along with markcomment, theme and template keys, you'll have 3 for fonts.
Close Outlook, delete the three font keys and the theme key and start fresh.
After restarting outlook, try changing the fonts again, 1 at a time and
creating a test message to see if they work. Do not set a theme until after
you verify the fonts work.

--

> On Jun 18, 5:08 pm, "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlook...@msn.net> wrote:
>> yes, it should use the font you defined for the message format.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
>> when requesting assistance **
>>
>> <zofficede...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> > OL07: tools/options/Mail Format/Stationery and Fonts (described as "to
>> > change your default font and style").  If I set a font here for new
>> > messages, and save/close it, and start a new message with Control-N,
>> > shouldn't it use that setting? It doesn't seem to. Yes, I restarted
>> > OL.
>>
>> > I did just set a theme, but it says "always use my fonts" so I assume
>> > that means that the theme is not the culprit.
>
> Hmm, well something else appears to override my action, which is
> described above...

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/19/2008 3:28:38 PM
On Jun 19, 10:28 am, "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlook...@msn.net>
wrote:
> Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\MailSettings -
> along with markcomment, theme and template keys, you'll have 3 for fonts.
> Close Outlook, delete the three font keys and the theme key and start fresh.
> After restarting outlook, try changing the fonts again, 1 at a time and
> creating a test message to see if they work. Do not set a theme until after
> you verify the fonts work.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>
> <zofficede...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Jun 18, 5:08 pm, "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlook...@msn.net> wrote:
> >> yes, it should use the font you defined for the message format.
>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> >> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> >> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> >> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> >> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> >> when requesting assistance **
>
> >> <zofficede...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hmm, well something else appears to override my action, which is
> > described above...

Very specific and helpful answer. Thank you!

There are 4 fonts there
ComposeFontComplex ComposeFontSimple ReplyFontSimple ThemeFont
In paranoia I simply renamed them (I could not figure how to copy the
contents of that type of registry key, which I first attempted in
order to follow your instructions to the letter). I also cleared
(renamed) "New Stationery" key.

I restarted OL07. BTW the plain text font was unaffected. I set the
new message and reply fonts.  Both succeeded.  Then I went back in to
Theme and grabbed Clear Day, and initially the font buttons were
disabled. I changed "use theme's font" to "Always use my fonts" (which
was my condition upon original post). I changed Arial regular 11 to
Monotype Corsiva regular 14.

And what the heck? New messages get the nice background, but Arial 10.

Returning to the stationery/font option dialog, Monotype (etc.) shows
for new messages.

Maybe that theme or something is not permitting "Always use my fonts"
despite the option dialogs signifying that it does use them.

How do you set all graph data points to black (multiple series)?
I have multiple series on a chart, all with different marker shapes as desired. How do I globally set all the data point colors to black without picking each series in turn and setting a custom color. You can't do it using the native Excel interface, but a little macro will handle it: Sub PaintItBlack() Dim srs As Series For Each srs In ActiveChart.SeriesCollection srs.Border.ColorIndex = 1 srs.MarkerBackgroundColorIndex = 1 srs.MarkerForegroundColorIndex = 1 Next End Sub - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and ...

Error message on subform
Hi all I have tried to find a solution amongst all the other postings, but have failed to find one - hence my cry for help... I have a form with tabs and subforms, all of which seemed to be working today. When I opened it tonight and try to add a new record to my subform, I get the following message... "The LinkMasterFields property setting has producted this error:'A problem occurered while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control' I have no idea what has changed to cause this. In the data field of the subform properties have the Client_ID as ...

How can I set different print areas in the same Excel sheet?
I know very little about Excel since until recently all of my work was in Microsoft Word. However, people now email Excel documents to me to print and I get more confused with each one. Is it possible to set three different-sized print areas in one sheet, each with a different percentage of size adjustment? There are times when many pages of a sheet will go from A-H and the last one or two will go from A-AS. When each sheet is set to fit on a legal size page, the A-H pages are as microscopic as the last ones. What, if anything, could I do to even out the appearance and readabilit...

Bug setting user from restricted to non restricted node
When you set a user to be a non restricted account and you have run out of licenses then you get the folloing exception on 'save and close' Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F12. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropService...

Subform shows over control set to bring to front.
I have a text box and a rectangle filled in. I also have a subform that I wish to be behind the text box and rectangle until called. Subform is set modal=no, popup=no. Problem is: Even sending subform to back and controls to front....the subform always shows through. Is there a way to resolve? Or do I have to make all subforms invisible until called? -- Thanks for your help, Chris ...

Vertical font
Can a line of font be turned from horizontal to vertical. I've been known to use tables and/or columns to create the effect of a vertical font. If you make the column narrow enough and get the margins right if will move all the text into a vertical line. It is far from foolproof though, some letters, i.e. l, are narrower than others and so frustrate this work around. I am sure someone will be along soon with a much cleverer answer. Good luck. "Jonka" wrote: > Can a line of font be turned from horizontal to vertical. The only way I know is nothing autom...

How do I set Outlook to reply always in RTF?
Gurus, I have MS Outlook 2003 configured to compose messages in RTF. But when I reply, the default is to reply in the way the original message came in so if it came in HTML the reply is in HTML. How do I set Outlook to reply always in RTF? On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:07:39 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >I have MS Outlook 2003 configured to compose messages in RTF. But when I >reply, the default is to reply in the way the original message came in so if >it came in HTML the reply is in HTML. How do I set Outlook to reply always >in RTF? >...

How to print in a non-TT font?
Hello ppl... I hope you can help me with as you have helped me in the past, and for which help I'm really grateful. I'm using a specific monospace font in Excel which is not truetype or opentype but a .fon one. While I can use it on screen, Excel won't let me print with it. Any ideas how to solve this? Cheers Th No idea, but I just tried Courier (not Courier New) and xl let me print. Any chance there's a printer property that's causing the trouble? When you select a cell, then Format|cells|Font tab, and select that font, what kind of message do you get at the bottom...

Not all fonts listed in Publisher 2003
We just installed Publisher 2003 in our lab for creating web sites. When you go to the font menu, only a few fonts out of many are listed. Only truetype fonts, but not all of the installed truetype fonts are listed. Some only have 5 fonts listed. Thanks If you have only TrueType fonts selected in the Control Panel > Fonts, Publisher will only display TrueType and OpenType fonts. Not all fonts files will display, as different weights (bold, italics, demi-bold) etc will not display in the list. They are activated by the Bold and Italics commands. -- >-----Original Message---...

Excel 2007
In my old version of office, I could start writing a basic formula and mid-way scroll to another location on the worksheet to select a cell for the formula. I cannot find any way to do this in 2007 and have to use the scroll bar at the side of the worksheet - am I missing something (apart from the tooks menu!!) (Has anyone retroengineered a way to get rid of these thrice damned ribbons and get the old office back?) Any help appreciated! Thanks Click the Office Ribbon Button (colorful round circle at the top Left corner)>Excel Options>Advanced>Editing Options>C...

Taking settings across PSTs
Hi I need to replace my existing pst with a new one as existing pst is too full. Is there a way to transfer across Rules and Categories from existing pst to a new pst? Thanks Regards Outlook version please? Have you tried reducing your .pst file by removing attachments, emptying your deleted items folder, archiving, etc.? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, John asked: | Hi | | I need to replace...

WLM set up
How does one interface with Windows newsgroup using Windows live mail which is installed in my pc? When I try to setup an account I am not sure what to enter in the boxes. Comcast dropped support so I hope WLM will allow me to exchange comments with windows xp help and support and others. Thank you GIYF: "Add an e-mail, newsgroup, or contacts directory account" http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?market=en-US&project=WL_Mailv2&querytype=topic&query=OutlookExpressLivev1_PROC_AddAccount.htm [I believe the above is an excerpt from the WLM Help file.] --- Leon...

How do I set a standard shape size in Visio 2003
Im trying to design a set of work flowcharts. At the moment the basic shape size is way too large and im having to change each shape size manually. There must be a way to set the size of the basic shapes. Anyone know how? You can change the size of the shapes on the local stencil and any copy of that shape on the drawing will change. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.micr...

In Publisher, how do I set up a document, like a postcard, to pri.
I've created a postcard in Publisher 2000 that I want to print on Avery cardstock that would have 4 cards on one page. The program settings I've played with only allow 1 card in the middle (like you would take to a printer), and I can't find a way to print four on the page. Help? Have you checked your Page Set-up settings? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Elitewriter" <Elitewriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46C3B63F-B196-4634-8A5C-C0D20273FE65@microsoft.com... > I've created a postcard in Publisher 2000 that I want t...

how do i set up a two-fold card in word?
i simply want to make a two-fold card in word. . . surely there's a way! Word is a word processor.. Publisher is a desktop publishing program.. "gypsiesoul420@hotmail.com" <gypsiesoul420@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AC70767-CE42-4F3A-BE51-17B179D3F62A@microsoft.com... >i simply want to make a two-fold card in word. . . surely there's a way! gypsiesoul420@hotmail.com wrote: >i simply want to make a two-fold card in word. . . surely >there's a way! =========================== Go to the Microsoft Office website and hav...

Gigantic Font
I've seen this a few times. I just received an email and I want to forward to another person. The font change to a gigantic font only in the body of the forwarded email. Why? It doesn't happen to all my inbox emails, just random ones. "Kristina" <Kristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B073C9D7-0DFC-4ECB-985C-31DDA59B6E48@microsoft.com... > I've seen this a few times. I just received an email and I want to forward > to > another person. The font change to a gigantic font only in the body of the > forwarded email. Why? It doe...

Word Art font size problem, Publisher 2007
I am trying to create a document in Publisher 2007. When I pick a font size (18 point, Frutiger Linotype) and the text I am typing in is 3 lines long, I get the height of the text looking one way. But when I create a new Word Art box and type in a single line of text, the text height is very high compared to the old. Same font, same font size chosen, same boldface and italic. Ok. I just tried something. I took the single line of text, opened the Word Art and added three more lines. Now I get a very squished version of what I had before. What is going on here? How do I get co...

Syntax to set set cells to be zero
Actually i have created a button for retreiving teh data (numerical figure) from one worksheet to another worksheet but that requires some addition and subtraction on the original value. I now would like to make every "to be filled cells" to be "zero" which can help me to do the subtraction later on. So I wonder if there is anyone can teach me some the syntax for that operation. ( i would like to make a button to set those cells zero first) Anyone please help! ...

How do I set up a double chart using two sets of information?
I'm trying to compare figures between monthly and weekly figures and wanted to set up a double chart using the same legend and heading.......I've seen bar charts and also background and foreground charts done this way and wanted to do the same if possible in Excel........ ...

problem with verdana font???
Hi, I have an excel file which I've used for a while. When I opened it up today I couldn't see any of the text on the worksheets. I tried to change the font colour and size etc, but it seems excel doesn't find the verdana font. I can see the text if i change the font to tahoma for example. Does anyone know why this might happen? If i type anything in verdana the whole row just blanks. Thanks, James ...

ChtmlView set property
Hello I am using CHtmlView to view web pages...works fine and behaves like IE. I would like to know how to control some settings however; specifically there is an IE Option to display or not to display images (Tools->Internet Options->Advances->Show pictures) How can I set that option in my CHtmlView ? Override OnAmbientProperty Knowledge Base Q183412 PRB: WebBrowser Control Clients Share Global Settings http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/hosting/wbcustomization.asp -- Command what is yours Conquer what is not Microsoft Most Valuable Professional [VC++] http://www.csdn...

Two codes in one set.
I have these two codes (below) in two seperate workbooks. Is it possible to combine these two codes in one set of code in a single workbook, since someone told me that I cannot have two Workbook_Open events in one workbook. Just to tell you that I am a very beginner in programming. Code 1: In ThisWorkbook: ------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() StartBlink1 End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) StopBlink1 End Sub In Module: -------------- Public RunWhen As Double Sub StartBlink1() With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(&q...

How to set the orientation just to specific pages and not all?
How can I set the orientation to landscape to specific pages and not all the pages? You can select the relevant pages and then, in the Page Setup dialog box, choose to change the orientation for "Selected text." To display the dialog box, click File | Page Setup (Word 97-2003) or click the dialog launcher button (the little arrow on the bottom right) of the Page Setup group of the Page Layout tab. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LadyPhillip" <LadyPhillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A42CE5B-F85B-44B6-9F5B-1DC60661E15...

How do I set up MSN emails account to Microsoft Office?
I am having a problem setting up my MSN email account to be pulled down into Microsoft 2007. I cant seem to get the server information correct. Any help? Incoming=pop3.live.com Outgoing-smtp.live.com -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "RGM" <RGM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C03767-6BAB-4DCF-81A4-36E801EC9CCE@microsoft.com... >I am having a problem setting up my MSN email account to be pulled down into > Microsoft 2007. I cant seem to ...

excel: How to set up a formula for a range of numbers ie. 3.5-5..
in a spreadsheet i have a range of numbers that needed to be counted ie. phos levels between 3.5-5.5 I can't find a formula to support this. Can you help "LadyK974" wrote: > in a spreadsheet i have a range of numbers that needed > to be counted ie. phos levels between 3.5-5.5 I can't > find a formula to support this. You're a little light on details. A concrete example might help to ensure a clear understanding of your needs. If you have "phos levels" in the range A1:A100 and you want to determine how many are between 3.5 and 5.5...