Signatures

Concerning Outlook (2003) in Exch Svr environment.

Is there a way to have Outlook determine if the outgoing
message is addressed to someone internal or to someone
external and insert a signature based on that? Maybe Addin?

TIA
--
Len
remove nothing for valid email address.

0
Len

No, but Exchange can. See;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/corporatesignatures.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

".Len B" <gonehome@internode0.on0.net> wrote in message
> Concerning Outlook (2003) in Exch Svr environment.
>
> Is there a way to have Outlook determine if the outgoing
> message is addressed to someone internal or to someone
> external and insert a signature based on that? Maybe Addin?
>
> TIA
> --
> Len
> remove nothing for valid email address.

0
Roady
4/20/2010 8:19:19 AM
Thanks Robert,
This has been something that I set then forgot until I was CCed
at the end of a ping pong of internal messages. Sorting who said
what from disclaimers longer than the message itself got my goat.

--
"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
in message news:1C5F6542-1483-4A93-B982-8A9EF8A9BBE5@microsoft.com...
| No, but Exchange can. See;
| http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/corporatesignatures.htm
|
| --
| Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
| Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
| http://www.howto-outlook.com/
| Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
|
| http://www.msoutlook.info/
| Real World Questions, Real World Answers
|
| -----
|
| ".Len B" <gonehome@internode0.on0.net> wrote in message
| > Concerning Outlook (2003) in Exch Svr environment.
| >
| > Is there a way to have Outlook determine if the outgoing
| > message is addressed to someone internal or to someone
| > external and insert a signature based on that? Maybe Addin?
| >
| > TIA
| > --
| > Len
| > ______________________________________________________
| > remove nothing for valid email address.

0
Len

Digital Signature
I am trying to apply a digital signature to my XLS doc. I have created a couple of macros and when I go into the VB editor and go to Tools>>Digital Signature and select my Digital ID It shows [No Certificate]. I then proceed to select choose and select my Digital ID from the list. After hitting ok it will now show The VB project is currently signed as [my Digital ID] but when I exit out of the VB editor and out of excel and reopen the xls it doesn't have the digital ID attached anymore. It shows The VB project is currently signed as [no certificate] Am I missing a step he...

Globally Adding Corp Email Signature
Hi, We're a smaller movie studio and we'd like to help promote our next release by enabling our users to use an HTML email signature if they choose to at the footer of each email. The animated GIF in the HTML signature (51K)would be too much to embed in all our emails (about 2-3GB of data/day). So we'd like to just use HTML code to reference this animated GIF over the internet in the emails so they stay small and don't impact our servers so heavily. Looking at the Microsoft site, this takes about 7 steps to accomplish this for the end user. Is there a script or some typ...

Using HTML content as a Signature on Outlook 2000
Hi All, Have a HTML file that I need to setup as my signature in Outlook. I have been able to copy the Source, but the Preview Pane, and also the New Email window lists the Source and not the Resultant output. Have tried the above setting using the Message Format as HTML. Would appreciate assistance on the same. Warm Regards, Amar ...

Default Signatures using Outlook Web Access
Because I primarily access email via Outlook Web Access (do not use desktop version of Outlook), I would like to have new/reply messages in OWA default to use a standard signature. I know how to set this up with the desktop version of Outlook. I have also seen how a signature can be picked if your desktop version of Outlook is "configured and runnable" when you are using OWA. However, can a standard signature be set up when only using OWA? Thanks, I would appreciate any help. What version of Exchange are you using? Exchange 2003 OWA offers a default signature. There are a...

How do you get Signatures to be in the email all the time?
Hi, I have a simple question. I have been using Windows Mail Desktop for awhile. I love it, except for two things. The one problem I have is when I am on the internet and there is a link to an email, if you click on it it brings up a window for sending an email. My signature does not show in that. How do I get it to show in that? I looked at all the options and I didn't see where I could do that. My sigature only shows when I click new messages, or replying. Not when I open up an email window from a link on the internet. How do I do that? Also, I asked this before but ...

Signature
I would like to know if there is any way to change the font style and color when I use the signature option on Outlook Express. I'm using version 6.0 and it just gives me a text box to type in my signature information. It does give me the "file" option also. When I try to use this, with a txt document that has a different font style and color it "defaults" to the standard arial 14pt. font. ...

OutlookXP and HTML Signature
I have encountered it a couple of times on windows 2000 computers with outlook XP. We have a custom created HTML signature that works on almost all computers. On 3 computers, outlook displays the signature as the HTML code, in and HTML email. I made a workaround to use Word as the default email editor. This displays the correct signature but is very slow and would like to use outlooks email instead of word. Any help? ...

MSCRM Web: E-mail signature
How can you get MSCRM Web version to stamp each e-mail with "signature" containing name, address & phone. It appears that you can's attach a text file "signature" without resorting to an e-mail template. This is bad - even for a 1.0 product from MS. While we are talking about e-mail probems on the e-mail client version... 2 more questions 1. Is there a "fix" for e-mails (in & out) to have the normal word wrap - instead of one continuous line? 2. The enter key returns 2 lines instead of one. Why? A shift-enter provides a single line. Any wor...

OL2003/Word2003 email signatures and multi-accounts
Word2003 refuses to auto-insert the appropriate email signature for the email account selected even though I have been through the help etc and made sure that I am doing everything according to the book. HTML is selected as the email format. I am up to date on patches etc TIA Ken Fixed this myself. Word assumes that you have a signature for your default account; if it's not there it wont insert a signature for another account. >-----Original Message----- >Word2003 refuses to auto-insert the appropriate email >signature for the email account selected even though I &g...

Outlook 2003
Either I've found a bug, or I've got something really broken. With Outlook 2003 (latest patch installed) if I select to reply or forward by attaching the message, my signature isn't placed in the message. If however I select the option to include the text then the signature is attached. This is completely reproducable and I can't find anything about it online. So, anybody else see this? Anybody know how to fix it so that the signature is attached, even when I attach the message to a reply or forward? Thanks. Rob Yes, I'm having the same problem and haven'...

Signature Removes after Office Updates
All clients have signatures setup with disclaimers. However, after applying Microsoft updates via WSUS, the settings for the signatures are removed and are not automatically showing on new mail and replies. Can anyone provide some direction on what to look into to get this corrected? This client must have the disclaimers show on every new mail and reply coming from within the network. Thanks !!! ...

Locate Physical Drive Signature and it associated Logical Drive Na
Hi I can determine physical disk signatures by : gwmi Win32_DiskDrive | Foreach-Object { $_.Signature } I can determine logical drives by : gwmi Win32_LogicalDisk | Foreach-Object { $_.DeviceID } But I'm not able to get my head around WMI ASSOCIATIVE CLASSES. How do I associate these classes so that for each PHYSICAL drive I can easily list it's signature and logical drive names? I have this vbscript but cannot convert it :( (I need alot more powershell practise) wscript.echo "Disk Drive Signatures" wscript.echo "====================="...

Resizing photo in Outlook e-mail signature
I am trying to use a jpeg photo in an Outlook e-mail signature. When I try to insert it, it is huge, even though the actual file size is 1.3 x 2 inches. ...

Images in Signature show up as attachments!!

Electronic Signatures
Can a process be approved with electronic signature module from a different workstation than the one running the process? What are the scenarios where electronic signatures would be used vs batch approval? Thanks in advance. ...

Background in Signature
Hi there, is it possible for Outlook 2002 to have a background image as part of the signature? I had a look here, http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm but could not find anything about this. I tried to create a signature with a background and linked it to a file on the web, but could not get it to work. It does link my Stylesheet and other graphics though. Any suggestions? Deon No, because the signature is appended to the mail message and doesn't affect its overall format. You need to use stationery to get a background. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Mi...

graphic signature #2
Does anyone know of a script for adding a graphic image as a default signature? Charles <ckeast@shaw.ca> wrote: > Does anyone know of a script for adding a graphic image as a default > signature? Just include the graphic in your signature file. See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm -- Brian Tillman I too am having difficulty with this task. Have you had any success? I have done everything described in demo's, confirmed proper settings in Outlook etc. and it still does not display the graphic. Only that good ol' "red X"...

Signatures 05-12-10
I have another small but annoying problem...... I always end my emails with a signature. The first line is my actual email address which is in blue as it is a link. The blurb underneath used to be black and now it is always red. Anbody got any ideas please? blahblah@blahblah.com "Old age? The time of life when actions creak louder than words" Post your html code. Change any personal information. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "effie" <smallridge@newbury.net> wrote in message news:82d6ebbb-3b6f-4d01-82cc-fac23fad3921@h39g2000y...

Creating signatures but leaving them optional
Hello -- I've just had to re-load my operating system and then Office (and Outlook). The way I used to be set up, I had a signature that I could include in an outgoing email message by going Alt-I-S (and then I think the first letter of the name of the signature). In more than half my emails, I don't use a signature, but in others, I have a standard signature I want to include. So I'd like to be able to include the signat ure with a simple key-stroke combination, but otherwise leave messages unsigned. I can't figure out how to do this now -- if I create a signature, i...

company wide signatures?
I get quite a few emails with standard "proprietary messages" attached to the bottom. Is this something that can be added company wide in Exchange 5.5 or newer? -- Scott ExoTech R&D, Inc. Yes, it is. See the post with subject "Disclaimer message - Exchange 2003". However the MS article quoted in that reply doesn't apply to 5.5 Steve "Not Really Me" <scott@exoXYZtech.com> wrote in message news:%23LAQv%23SLEHA.1120@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I get quite a few emails with standard "proprietary messages" attached to > the bottom. &g...

Double signature in 2007 template
Hi, I have been using Outlook 2007 templates for a year and a half now at work. Starting yesterday, after about 30+ Window updates, there are double signatures when I open a new template (Tools > Forms > Choose a Form > User Templates in File System). Has anyone else had this problem? See the thread titled Duplicate Signatures from 1/20/2010 SWSprWmn wrote: > Hi, > > I have been using Outlook 2007 templates for a year and a half now at work. > Starting yesterday, after about 30+ Window updates, there are double > signatures when I open...

Auto Signature in Excel Send
Excel 2007 and Outlook 2007. When sending a worksheet from Excel, (OB, Send, Mail), it creates the email with the workbook attached with the subject line populated. All correct. Outlook is set to always add a signature to every email, but when the email is initiated from Excel or Word, the signature is not automatically added. It can be added, but what happened to the auto signature? -- Doug P It was never there. This is not a 2007 issue. It has always been that way in all versions. Kind of a nuisance if you ask me. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Doug" wr...

Align Second Signature to the right
Hello, I have a report that combines a series of text boxes, with text and fields to create a letter. The letter sometimes has a second signature. My problem is getting the second signature to be over to the right on the page, like this: [Name1] [Name2] [Title1] [Title2] Can I use a sort of tab function or assign the second signature to a column number to get it to be in the same place regardless of the lentgth of Name/Title 1? If I concatenate using spaces like this: [Name1] & " ...

changing computers; how to get all of my emails/signatures over
We often build new computers at the office and now I am getting a new machine. How do I get all of my old emails and signatures onto my new computer? I will still be using outlook. Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "ops man" <cs@gigagolf.com> wrote in message news:f26aa101.0311180604.98bd612@posting.google.com... We often build new computers at the office and now I am getting a new machine. How do I get all of my old emails and signatures onto my new computer? I wi...

Cant use a signature
When I go to tools options and try to set a defoult signature, right when i click on the signature that I want to use I get an error and asks if I want to send the message to microsoft ( I choose not to send). Can anyone help me with this problem?? FYI. I'm using outlook2003 microsoft exchnage. "jp614" wrote: > When I go to tools options and try to set a defoult signature, right when i > click on the signature that I want to use I get an error and asks if I want > to send the message to microsoft ( I choose not to send). Can anyone help me > with this problem...