Signature gets deleted

I create a message, insert a signature and click on which account to use to
send the message.  As soon as I select an account the signature gets deleted
(rest of the message remains intact).

If I create the message and select the account to use before inserting the
signature all is fine.

Any idea what is going on?

PE, you  wrote on Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:46:54 -0000:

> I create a message, insert a signature and click on which account to use to
> send the message.  As soon as I select an account the signature gets deleted
> (rest of the message remains intact).
>
> If I create the message and select the account to use before inserting the
> signature all is fine.

This happens because of you have apparently set a standard-signature for
only one of your accounts. Set a standard for all your accounts and
everything will be fine ;-)

Tools | Options | E-Mail-Format

Below in this dialog box you are able to set the signatures for each
account.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

This used to work fine in Outlook 2003 but not in 2007.

PE, you  wrote on Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:46:16 -0000:

> I have not set a standard signature for any of the accounts.

Beats me! Either it's by design or it is a bug in OL2007.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, PE asked:

| I create a message, insert a signature and click on which account to
| use to send the message.  As soon as I select an account the
| signature gets deleted (rest of the message remains intact).
|=20
| If I create the message and select the account to use before
| inserting the signature all is fine.
|=20
| Any idea what is going on?
0
MillyS (3228)
3/3/2007 7:54:58 PM
None of the signatures are defined specifically for an account - none of the
accounts have a defined signature.  I just pick the one most appropriate to
the message.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
Do you have a defined signature for the account you selected after composing
the message?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, PE asked:

| I create a message, insert a signature and click on which account to
| use to send the message.  As soon as I select an account the
| signature gets deleted (rest of the message remains intact).
|
| If I create the message and select the account to use before
| inserting the signature all is fine.
|
| Any idea what is going on?

Then were using the outlook editor, not word. Set a sig for each email
account and it won't disappear.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"PE" <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have not set a standard signature for any of the accounts.
>
> This used to work fine in Outlook 2003 but not in 2007.
>

> "Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message
> PE, you  wrote on Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:46:54 -0000:
>
>> I create a message, insert a signature and click on which account to use
>> send the message.  As soon as I select an account the signature gets
>> deleted
>> (rest of the message remains intact).
>>
>> If I create the message and select the account to use before inserting
>> the
>> signature all is fine.
>
> This happens because of you have apparently set a standard-signature for
> only one of your accounts. Set a standard for all your accounts and
> everything will be fine ;-)
>
> Tools | Options | E-Mail-Format
>
> Below in this dialog box you are able to set the signatures for each
> account.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
> http://www.outlookfaq.net

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/3/2007 9:29:25 PM
I was using whatever the default editor is in Outlook 2007 - it does not
give you the option to use Word.

Then were using the outlook editor, not word. Set a sig for each email
account and it won't disappear.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"PE" <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have not set a standard signature for any of the accounts.
>
> This used to work fine in Outlook 2003 but not in 2007.
>

> "Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message
> PE, you  wrote on Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:46:54 -0000:
>
>> I create a message, insert a signature and click on which account to use
>> send the message.  As soon as I select an account the signature gets
>> deleted
>> (rest of the message remains intact).
>>
>> If I create the message and select the account to use before inserting
>> the
>> signature all is fine.
>
> This happens because of you have apparently set a standard-signature for
> only one of your accounts. Set a standard for all your accounts and
> everything will be fine ;-)
>
> Tools | Options | E-Mail-Format
>
> Below in this dialog box you are able to set the signatures for each
> account.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
> http://www.outlookfaq.net

In Outlook 2007 and you need to set signatures for each account in tools,
options, mail format, signatures as they are per email account and will
change/disappear as you change accounts. If you want the same sig for all
accounts, just choose the same sig from the list.

--

>I was using whatever the default editor is in Outlook 2007 - it does not
> give you the option to use Word.
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> Then were using the outlook editor, not word. Set a sig for each email
> account and it won't disappear.
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "PE" <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote in message
>>I have not set a standard signature for any of the accounts.
>>
>> This used to work fine in Outlook 2003 but not in 2007.
>>

>> "Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message
>> PE, you  wrote on Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:46:54 -0000:
>>
>>> I create a message, insert a signature and click on which account to use
>>> send the message.  As soon as I select an account the signature gets
>>> deleted
>>> (rest of the message remains intact).
>>>
>>> If I create the message and select the account to use before inserting
>>> the
>>> signature all is fine.
>>
>> This happens because of you have apparently set a standard-signature for
>> only one of your accounts. Set a standard for all your accounts and
>> everything will be fine ;-)
>>
>> Tools | Options | E-Mail-Format
>>
>> Below in this dialog box you are able to set the signatures for each
>> account.
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards
>> Christian Goeller
>> http://www.outlookfaq.net

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/4/2007 12:37:39 PM
Hi Diane,

I understand that was the design intention in Outlook 2007.  However, to my
dismay, it's not quite working right.

I have two accounts, A and B - I set A to have a default signature, and B
without.

If I open a new message or reply from A account, the functionality works
properly, and the signature appears and disappears if I select account B.

However, if I select a new message in account B, and then switch to account
A, the signature does not appear!

A minor bug, but it's frustrating as I have to insert the signature manually
everytime.

Please help!

Thank you,
Amorphous Zingaro

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> In Outlook 2007 and you need to set signatures for each account in tools,
> options, mail format, signatures as they are per email account and will
> change/disappear as you change accounts. If you want the same sig for all
> accounts, just choose the same sig from the list.

0
Zingaro (1)
3/17/2007 2:18:03 PM
It's not a bug - B had no signature, so it can't be swapped when you switch
to A since there is no sig to swap. It;s not like they always add a
signature block even if you don't want to use it. Create a blank signature
for B (I use -- and enter, then a space for blank sigs so I can see where it
begins) and it will work as you desire.

http://www.slipstick.com/wordmail/sig.htm -it works the same in 2007 as in
2003 with word as the editor.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Amorphous Zingaro" <Amorphous Zingaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F2D75A20-1FFF-40CB-8672-E11C5415EED9@microsoft.com...
> Hi Diane,
>
> I understand that was the design intention in Outlook 2007.  However, to
> my
> dismay, it's not quite working right.
>
> I have two accounts, A and B - I set A to have a default signature, and B
> without.
>
> If I open a new message or reply from A account, the functionality works
> properly, and the signature appears and disappears if I select account B.
>
> However, if I select a new message in account B, and then switch to
> account
> A, the signature does not appear!
>
> A minor bug, but it's frustrating as I have to insert the signature
> manually
> everytime.
>
> Please help!
>
> Thank you,
> Amorphous Zingaro
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> In Outlook 2007 and you need to set signatures for each account in tools,
>> options, mail format, signatures as they are per email account and will
>> change/disappear as you change accounts. If you want the same sig for all
>> accounts, just choose the same sig from the list.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Source File that is Linked getting "file not found"
hello: I created a master (source) excel document and linked the multiple graphs to a poweroint. Both files are in a shared lan where multiple people have to go in and update the master excel. When I open the master excel I get a pop up asking if I want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook (it is linked to)? Confusing question. But when I say yes, I get an error pop up box that says "file not found" and it takes me to my hard drive directory. As this is a shared document I keep getting asked what to answer and why they get the error messa...

Switched hard-drive in laptop, can't get archived Anything??
I bought a larger hard-drive and installed it in my laptop. I did an archive (to an external hard-drive) to save my Outlook. Now I can NOT retrieve it back. I tried the normal way to retrieve it an No go. Any thoughts??? THANKS!! An outlook Archive data file is not a backup of outlook data. What do you consider the 'normal way' of retreiving data? Is the old hard drive still installed or? "croundstream" <croundstream@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AA1C5C7-1926-4F5A-89D5-1362CC21D5A2@microsoft.com... >I bought a larger hard-driv...

Deleting the first information store
I want to delete the first information store. I do NOT want to recreate it. I'm using exchange 2000 sp3 enterprise ed - all the mailboxes have been moved except for the "system attendant" mailbox Can I right click on the information store and choose delete and then restart the system attendant service and the mail box will be recreated in another information store. ( I can only find this blog - no Ms article on this http://blogs.technet.com/evand/archive/2004/12/21/329172.aspx ) I do NOT want to recreate the old information store. thanks As long as all mailboxes have...

How to get a newline
Hello, I am working on a small procedure and it's giving me a headache. I have a file that consists exactly of the following info: Name1/ Name2/ Name3/ I am trying to read each name into a string and display it in a lisbox. Here is what I am doing: TRY { pFile = new CFile(_T("C:\\Data\\SVG\\Web\\layers.txt"), CFile::modeRead | CFile::shareDenyNone); char pbuf [1000]; UINT nBytesRead = pFile->Read(pbuf, sizeof(pbuf)); int z = 0; int i = 0; int count = 0; CString layer; //GET THE DELIMITER NUMBER while (z <...

Can't delete mail
Hello, I have a piece of junk mail in my Deleted Items box that I can't get rid of. When I try to delete it from the folder, I get the message that I do not have access to the account. I know this isn't true because I have deleted all of the other items. I've tried deleting the folder but have the same problem. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it? Thanks What type of account and what version of Outlook? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Ale...

Get Identical Double E-mail Messages
I receive identical double e-mail messages when I receive e-mail. How can I stop getting double messages? Thanks in advance!!! What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? If you have Outlook 2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404 may help. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Paul" <alliance@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:041401c3531c$28f60f70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I receive identical double e-mail messages when I receive &...

Can I automatically delete old versions of email threads?
There should be an add in or option to only keep the most recent version of a long involved email thread in your inbox. When I come back from vacation, I want to have ONE version to read. However, sometimes people add new recipients or delete others, and there end up being multiple threads, so I have to check them all. Is there anything out there that does this? I'm not looking for one of the duplicate programs because they are not exactly duplicates. Currently Outlook does not have such an option. FWIW: Outlook 2010 will have a Conversation Cleanup feature. -- ...

recovery of deleted e-mails in Windows Mail
I recently permanently deleted several e-mails from the deleted file and need to recover them. I have seen different software packages claiming to do this. I am not a Geek (no ofense) and just have basic computer skills. My question - are these softward applications easy to use or do you need to to have higher skill levels? Is is safe to download directly from the internet? Any advice would be appreciated. Jake -- Jake428 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com You can try a file undelete utility, such as Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva Frankly, the success ...

How would I go about getting these results?
source: ContactID ProjectID RoleID 1 1 1 1 2 2 1 3 1 2 1 1 2 2 2 How would I return the results where the noly record to show would be the 3rd one where there is no one with the RoleID of 2. Stated differently, how do I exclude all records where there is someone with a RoleID = 1 AND 2 and return only records that have ONLY someone with RoleID = 1 I hope this makes sense. Thanks. I am missing something. Why is row 3 returned as Con...

rules getting disabled
Sometimes one or more rules are being disabled without warning. The rules work fine, then the checkbox in the Rules list gets unchecked. The rules run on an IMAP inbox and move or copy items to Personal Folders. Does anyone know why rules turn themselves off? More info: Outlook 2007, Windows 7 "Gitche Gumee" wrote: > Sometimes one or more rules are being disabled without warning. The rules > work fine, then the checkbox in the Rules list gets unchecked. The rules run > on an IMAP inbox and move or copy items to Personal Folders. Does anyone know > wh...

Deleting Identities
Hi,, I just setup outlook express to receive email from my husband and my account by using identities. I have the main identity and all messages are coming to my box if I open my identity first. So I deleted my husband's identity and I'm still getting his mail. How can I make it stop. Please email me back. Brandi It sounds like you have his account setup in your identity. To resolve this problem you will need to Open Outlook Express and go to Tools -> Accounts. Select the Mail tab and then you should see two accounts. You can look at the Properties of each to determi...

Deleting MDBData (Mailbox) Logs
We are running low on disk space on our Exchange Server 2003. Is it alright to delete the old logs in the MDBData folder? Thanks. Get a good full backup using NTBackup and they will get cleared when the backup completes. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Carolyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Getting "Enter network password" when trying to administrating PF
Hi We are now, suddenly getting "enter network passord" on the whole Public Folder tree. If we change folder or trying to access the properties on a folder. We didnt get this until recently (last days) Anyone that knows why we migt recieve this? It is exchange 2003 Ent. ...

Deleting subform record causes form record to be deleted
I have two tables in a one to one relationship with Enforce Referential Integrity NOT selected. I want to delete the subform record but not the form record. When I attempt to delete the subform record, I get the following message? Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records? I delete the subform record and my form record is deleted also. ...

Get Rich
Take advantage of a great deal ...

How to get the selected video codec ? #3
Hello, in my webcam program I open the compression dialog from the webcam driver to select the codec for the video recording! Then I record with capFileSetCaptureFile(window->GetHWND(), filename); ! OK ! The video is generated with the selected codec. If I start the program again. The previous selected codec is lost and a default codec is set. To prevent this I want to get the selected codec, save it and at next start select the codec by program. But I don't know how to find out which codec was set in the driver based dialog. I would be very glad if someone could help me! Regar...

How to Get OperatingSystem User using Macro
Hi, I would like to display the Operating System User using VB Macro in Excel. I am using Ms Office 2000 Thanks Regards Mili Mili, You can use Application.OperatingSystem to return a string describing the operating system. E.g., Msgbox Application.OperatingSystem -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Mili" <mili_rao@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0b2b01c3a453$7481cb90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I would like to display the Operating System User > using VB Macro in...

Get Excel to accept negative values using time-format
Hello Excel seems to refuse negative values in cells that are having i time-format. Is there a way to solve this? (Yes, time can be negative. If you for example compare planned time with actual time, the difference can be positive or negative) Kind regards Marcus Hi Marcus Excel will not display negative time using the standard 1900 date system. It displays a series of #########'s. However, the result can be used in further calculations. If you switch to the 1904 date system, Tools>Options>Calculation>click 1904 dates. Beware of other changes to dates already entered as ...

Evidence of users who deleted records in MSCRM
Hello everyone, Is there any way to find out who deleted a record in MSCRM or in SQL 2000? I have checked out the SQL logs and checked out SQL Books online and no such luck as to find out who deleted a record in Opportunities. -- JDMcDonnell A+ MCP Certified Afraid not. You could try implementing an auditing solution. There is one from VAST that appears pretty powerful, though I have not used it myself. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF3D8A0-9DCE-4102-A518-EFFDCD5DD805@microsoft.com... Hello everyone, ...

Delete duplicates from a table
I want to delete duplicate records by comparing 25 fields( basically check all the columns) . I always use distinct to check a single column but not sure how I can check all the fields!! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:28:32 GMT, "mls via AccessMonster.com" <u55943@uwe> wrote: >I want to delete duplicate records by comparing 25 fields( basically check >all the columns) . >I always use distinct to check a single column but not sure how I can check ...

Report option has been deleted
We recently moved a company database to a new server. Now when we try to run any report options in GP, we get this message: "This report option has been deleted since you opened this window." Any ideas? We have many, many report options. Are your reports in a shared dictionary on the server? Does the Dex.Ini still point to the proper location or did you leave the Reports.dic on the old server and shut it down? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http:...

Signature in Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003
I have set up a signature that shows my name in script but when anybody gets it my name is in regular type. I have tried various, standard script fonts. Also, Word is my email editor, and I have tried bot HTM and rich text formats. Any ideas? Do they have the font on their machine? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, midwest482 asked: | I have set up a signature that shows my name in script but when | anybody gets ...

Folder Deleted
I have a windows 2003 server R2, I had a shared folder "Database" and under which lot of *.dbf files. All of a sudden the folder & files have one missing. I have checked the Recylce Bin it is not there... I have checked with softwares like Get Data Back, Active Undelete, Recuva, NTFS Undelete all these files have failed to even acknowledge the presence of such a folder. I am begining to doubt if the server had such a folder. Please help... Liju Liju wrote: > I have a windows 2003 server R2, I had a shared folder "Database" and under > which...

When I try to print a WORD doc, I get blank pages.
This is a new problem. I have no problem printing directly off the internet, but I have trouble with pdf texts as well Since the problem is not only with Word, I'm guessing it's the printer driver. Have you tried updating it or simply reinstalling it? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "mikeleo" <mikeleo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECEF3B1F-711D-4619-9545-63FFD322E6CA@microsoft.com... > This is a new problem. I have no problem printing directly off the > internet, > but I have trouble with pdf texts as well ...