showing tasks in calendar

When I create a task with a due date and select a
reminder, shouldn't that reminder show as a calendar item?
If so, I cannot see the reminder in my calendar.
0
nschuster (1)

No.  Tasks and Calendar items are separate in Outlook.  If you have created
a task and then want to create a calendar item from it (or vice versa),
right-click and drag the item to the other folder and choose your preferred
copy/move action from the popup menu.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:06c801c3a0ff$5197bfb0$a601280a@phx.gbl,
neil schuster wrote:

> When I create a task with a due date and select a
> reminder, shouldn't that reminder show as a calendar item?
> If so, I cannot see the reminder in my calendar.

Exporting Windows calendar to Office Outlook
I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the import/export function but it did not do a complete job, somewhat only partially. What am I doing incorrectly? "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C33E5A0-14D5-4A9B-8226-FBB1A6AF8058@microsoft.com... >I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer > that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the > import/export > function but it did not do a comple...

New fonts do not show up in Visio 2003
I purchased a new font in both postscript and trutype formats. After installing them, they do not appear in the font list in Visio. They do however show up in the font list of other Office products. ...

How to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? 09-27-07
Hi I have subform with datasheet view and I need to know how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? Thanks Forget my last post. I misuderstood your question. The code I gave will give the record "number" (sort o count from the table start) not the refered to record. -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Wayne-I-M" wrote: > Hi > > There are other methods but a simple one to use would be > > DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "MainFormName", acGoTo, > Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName.Form!LinkIngPrimaryField > > Chan...

Moving Tasks
Hi, I have a baseline plan which has two phases (initial and final). Few tasks in the initial phase are not done due to the non-availability of planned resources. Final phase is planned to start from next week and please let me know how to move those tasks from initial to final phase. Regards Naga What is it you did you distinguish in Project the difference between the initial and final phases? What "barrier" is stopping uncompleted work moving forward when you update the schedule with progress? Perhaps you have constraints on the tasks in the initial phase (...

How do I associate task list with another calendar?
I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be reentered? "holyharvester" <holyharvester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A0249B2-3A52-43ED-9509-E65851724BD9@microsoft.com... >I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like > it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be > reentered? You first: state your Outlook version. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Only the default task list dis...

Create and assign an outlook task using VBA?
I have code that creates an Outlook task for me. I want to be able to automatically assign a task to a certain e-mail address recipient. Is this possible? It seems that the right properties are available, but I can't seem to get it to work. Here is my code... Private Sub Create_It_Click() 'Create the Task in Outlook On Error GoTo AddAppt_Err Dim outobj As Outlook.Application Dim outtask As Outlook.TaskItem 'Dim objApptOccur As TaskItem Set outobj = CreateObject("outlook.application") Set outtask = outobj.CreateItem(olTas...

Outlook 2000 Multi-Calendar Viewer
Did Outlook 2000 Multi-Calendar Viewer works with Outlook XP? Did Outlook 2000 Multi-Calendar Viewer works with Calendar that created in Public Folders? Thanks Guy I seem to remember I was using with Outlook XP way back in the day without problems. I do not think, however, it would work with Public Folder Calendars. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of Office XP here at the office I can test with at the moment. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! &...

Outlook 2007 Calendar question.
I want to set up a rule when a meeting request comes in it will automatically color code it to a color that I choose if there is writing in the message part of the meeting request. This would be helpful if someone has typed more information in the meeting request other then the subject. I’ve looked under automatic formatting and don’t see anything under the advanced section. That would allow me to do this. ...

Outlook shared calendar
Hi, I've got exchange enterprise running for about 40 users. A common problem we have is that some users will double book the meeting / boardrooms in the shared calendar. Even though these users see there an existing appointment in the time slot, they go ahead and add their own appointments to that time slot anyway. Is there anyway within outlook / exchange possibly using custom forms to disable the ability to add an appointment to a time slot if an appointment already exists, thereby securing that time slot and disabling the ability for anyone else to edit it other then the owner. A...

Updating task list in calendar view
I have just recently begun using Outlook, so please forgive the newbie question. Whenever I get a daily calendar view with the task pane on the right, the task list includes all tasks, current and future. I can configure the Outlook Today window to just current tasks and I know that there has to be a way to do the same thing with the calendar view. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Charles right click on the task list and change the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual...

Sharing Calendars
When sharing a calendar... I must do it from the Office Tools > Options > Delegates dialogues instead of simply clicking on Share my calendar in the Navigation Pane as my colleagues are able to do. Have I missed a setting of some sort. When I click on Share my calendar.... a dialogue box opens with four tabs. "General" "Home Page" "AutoArchive""Synchoronization" I do not see what my colleagues see... which is a tab that includes "Permissions Can anyone enlighten me on what Frieght Train sized option I've overlooked in my search to co...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

Resource Calendars
I have downloaded and implemented the Microsoft AutoAccept agent. Everything is working fine except that when a meeting is cancelled, the agent does not remove the meeting from the calendar. It simply replaces the entry with a "Cancelled Meeting" entry and makes the time free again. Is there anyway of automatically removing those entries? We print of the calendars of the conference rooms every day and don't want the "Cancelled Meeting" entries to fill up the print out. On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:08:19 -0700, "Paul Goldman" <paulgoldman1948@hotmail.com...

show info commandbutton
Hi, I have a commandbutton start and I want it to show a description botton with the word form when I put the mouse over. Thanks!! I'm not certain what you mean. Do you mean you want a form to appear when you hover over the button? This is not possible. You must click on the button. And it must have a macro assigned to it to display the form you create. Robert Flanagan http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "canvas" <spyele123@gmail.com> wrote in message news:060e12f9-68c5-4221-ac9e-d22509f7b8f7...

viewing another users calendar
Hi All, When attempting to view one certain users calendar the message "unable to display the folder. the calendar folder could not be found" is displayed, this is also the same for the inbox etc. This is only happening for one user. All other users can view this calendar and i can view all other users calendars. Does any one have any suggestions? ...

Sounds, PPT 2004 11.3.5 ICONs show during slide show
I need help with sounds and not being able to hide the SOUND ICON from showing during the presentation. I have a large presentation and about 20 slides have sounds (bird songs, music clips) to go with the photos. I have used the same presentation and the sounds worked flawlessly many times over the last few years. I now have a problem. Unlike before, the sounds do NOT play for several of the slides, (except as explained below) On those slides for which I have wave files indicated by the icon that looks like a speaker (with a blue circle in the middle) the sounds work fine. I hide the icon by p...

How to compute Over short amount that shows in the z report
Hello, can anyone tell me how the over short amount in the z report is calculated? I am looking for the exact tables and its fieldnames for this computation. -- Thanks in advance, HNLuhar Hello HNLuhar....I copied and pasted this from the batch list report.....it reads the batch table to calculate "over/short"- hope this helps..... PaidOut + Dropped + LayawayClosed + PaidOnAccount + CustomerDepositRedeemed + ClosingTotal) - (OpeningTotal + Sales + Returns + Tax + Shipping + LayawayPaid + PaidToAccount + CustomerDepositMade + DebitSurcharge + CashBackSurcharge "HNLuhar...

Any way to change the day headings in Calendar?
At the moment each column (in week view) is headed by the date in the format '16 September'. Can I alter that to show 'Thurs 16 Sept' or something similar? Also, can I have a bold heading for today's column? -- Murphy's ultimate law is that if something that could go wrong doesn't, it turns out that it would have been better if it had gone wrong. GB wrote: > At the moment each column (in week view) is headed by the date in the > format '16 September'. Can I alter that to show 'Thurs 16 Sept' or > something similar? Also, can I...

How to have auto dialog box showing when selecting cell
I would like to have a dialog box appear each time a cell is selected in a column. I need the dialog box show the next cheque number and allow the user to change that if necessary. The cells cannot have a formula in it as that would cause problems when sorting. Is there a way to do this? Rob You could use data validation to do this. Firstly in an empty area of the worksheet define a cell that is equa to max(column range where the cehque numbers are shown) + 1. (ie max(a:a) + 1 Then set the data validation for the whole cheque input range to list list = the address of the new cell. Th...

outlook inbox showing (-1) emails & 4294967295 unread messages
Hi Peops Have a very strange problem with one of my users on the network and have not found any thing relating to this problem anywhere on the web. Whats happening is i have a user running outlook xp and even though he has no new emails in his inbox he has a blue (-1) sign next to his inbox, and in the bottom left of the screen it says he has 4294967295 unread messages... But once a new email comes in then it goes back to normal, once the user reads the email the figure goes back to -1 again, never come across this before in 6 years, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers ...

Converting mails to tasks
Hi All, Is there a way where we can convert the incoming mails to tasks using some task template? If so, please let me know how. Thanks, Vinay. Check this page for some possibilities: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/tasks.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b0301c3a9af$814353b0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Vinay Urs wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a way where we can convert the incoming mails to > tasks using some task template? > > ...

show attachment in e-mail header
I would like to cosutomize the e-mail header that it shows the e-mail as example below: "from:" "sent:" "to:" "Subject" "Attachment" Thanks, Ursula A. and here's the question: At present my e-mail settings do not show the "Attachment", so when I send out an attachment it is not mentioned. How can I add this item? >-----Original Message----- >I would like to cosutomize the e-mail header that it >shows the e-mail as example below: >"from:" >"sent:" >"to:" >"Subject"...

How do I add the next month to a calendar w/o loosing cust format
Created a calendar page for the office with custom logo and address info. The calendar wizard changes everything back to the default when changing the date range. Help file says to add dates to retain custom elements but not 'How' to add dates. What's the best way to create a custom calendar and retain the formatting? The address lines and the logo are determined by your personal information. Look under Edit, the personal information is the very last item in the menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

outlook to word calendar add in
When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 version of this sort of thing? One of these perhaps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Alan Smithee Jr. asked: | When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook | Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 v...

Exchange Free Busy Calendar
We are funning MS Exchange 2003. I have found that some of our users are computer clocks are set to update for day light savings time and others are not (they are all in the same time zone). Because of this when users send appointments if the person they are sending them to has a different daylight savings time setting the appt shows up differently.(in most cases an hour off for the correct meeting time). If I go around and adjust everyone’s clocks to be the same events the user entered show up incorectley in their calenter. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can correct this. ...