show this folder as an e-mail address book

When I create a public folder that contains contact information the 'show
this folder as an e-mail address book' for all Outlook clients is un-checked
by default. Is there anyway to have this checked by default for all my
clients?

Thanks.

Jeff

It can be done by having each user run a script that uses Outlook =
automation to set the ShowAsOutlookAB property for that folder to TRue.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"J Miller" <jmiller@*nospam*pcsdps.org> wrote in message =
> When I create a public folder that contains contact information the =
'show=20
> this folder as an e-mail address book' for all Outlook clients is =
un-checked=20
> by default. Is there anyway to have this checked by default for all my =

> clients?
>=20
>=20
> Thanks.
>=20
>=20
> Jeff=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

E-mail Queue
Hello, I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and have e- mail queues working from external addresses. How do I get e-mail to flow to these queues from internal Exchange addresses? We would like to use CRM email exclusively for this account. Thanks for any help. Scott Internal email can't be routed to queues unfortunately. I am not aware of anyone finding a workaround for this issue either. Anyone heard of anything? Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scott" wrote: > > Hello, > > I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and hav...

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

Mail size limit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Every time I try to send an email with an attachment over 2GB, I can get an message unable to send due to file size exceeds limits. Is there a fix or ideal solution to increase the limit or to turn off size limitations? Unfortunately most mail hosting company's have a size limit no more then 50mb. This is considered a standard. <br><br>Recommend splitting the file into smaller .zip or .rar files or transferring your data directly to a server where people can access using FT...

how do you hide a name from the globel address book?
in exchange 2K. Thanks ADUC Properties of the user Exch Advanced Check the Hide from Address Lists box On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:34:05 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >in exchange 2K. > >Thanks > Thanks. Sorry I missed it. "Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message news:aii4k014g54q5v7dic5a7r568lq31moanr@4ax.com... > ADUC > Properties of the user > Exch Advanced > Check the Hide from Address Lists box > > > On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:34:05 -0400, "Dooma" &...

Outlook 2003
More than 50% of my contacts do not have email addresses, so it therefore clutters the Address book unnecessarily. Is there anyway to allow the address book (the popup which appears when clicking on "To:") to only show contacts that have email addresses? I can use categories to assign contacts as ValidEmailUser, but I can't seem to find a way to force the address book popup form, to show based on a category. Thanks. That's odd. I have never seen the Outlook Address Book display Contacts without electronic addresses. It simply won't do that. Do these Contacts ...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

Print or Print Preview not showing text
Print or Print Preview not showing text using PP2007 just released SP2 for office Now when we try to use print or print preview only see some of the text headers. None of the text is showing or the background or images, using built in templates. Worked bofore After testing, I found I have to set the color/greyscale - to colour to actually use the print preview. But it previews in grey scale, can't even see the preview in color. Unless I also go into printer settings and change that to color then get colour in preview. If I set it to grey scale and my printer is a ...

Avoid creation of new folders in my document when I open outlook?
Hi, each times I open Outlook, new folders are cretaed in my documents and each times I attach files to an email, Outlook creats new folders in the file where the attach file was. How can I avoid this? is this a dell laptop with media direct? if so, uninstall the outlook setup add-in. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

How to send Outlook rule reply to reply-to address (not from address)?
By default Outlook 2002 sends rule-based replies to the From: address of the incoming email message. Is there a way to set-up the reply rule to send to the Reply-to: address instead? Thanks, -Keith ...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

address book not finding contact when putting in letters
I guess I have general questions about the find function on the top of the toolbar, I have a contact in the company field called netflix, when I type net in the find box, it does not show up, but if I type netflix, it does show up??? why is that , I have noticed this on several contacts Same thing with me I have a name and email address in the Outlook Contacts When sending an email, sometimes as I type the name the email appears, sometimes it does not "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:epF4Pp1rEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I guess I have general questions...

Cannot add customer statement email address in Smartlist
On the Debtor Maintenance Options screen you can chose the checkbox to Send Email Statements to a customer and then enter the To, CC or BCC email addresses. In Smartlist under the Customer folder, while you can choose to add the Send Email Statements column you cannot select to add the To, CC or BCC email address fields. You should be able to do this so you can easily view the information. These columns should be standard columns that you can select for Customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

OWA reply shows broken link in the form area
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, When I reply to a message from within OWA, I get a broken link in the = areas where I would type. It's as if it can't find the form or = something. It's not a signature file problem from what I can tell. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &q...

Attachments to E-mail
When typing email and go to add attachment, it puts attachment in body of e-mail and reipeinets can't see. every once in a while the attachment gets put into seperate attachment area and then ok to see. Any recommendations. Thanks Versions would help troubleshooting, but I'll take a stab anyway. Does this occur when you send email with attachments to yourself? It could be that you're sending a type of file that the recipient has blocked in their configuration. It could be an issue between sending messages using HTML vs Plain Text. Not everyone can read HTML. It may ...

CAN'T E-MAIL BIZ CARD ATTCHMT
HI AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO E- MAIL AN ATTCHMT TO MY EDITOR, AND GOING NUTS...I WORK FOR A SANTA MONICA PAPER, IT'S A BUSINESS CARD W/GRAPHICS ON IT AND THE DARN M.PUBLISHER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALSO MY BOSS WANTS IT IN JPEG OR EPS(I DON'T HAVE EPS) AND THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED FROM PUBLISHER TO 'SAVE AS'. IT WOULD BE A BIG PROBLEM IF IT WAS A NEW CUSTOMER WHO ASKS ME TO DEVELOP SENT ART INTO A DISPLAY AD W/GRAPHICS & TEXT, BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S MY BOYFRIENDS' CO. BIZ CARD HE MADE IN M.PUB. ON MY COMPUTER FOR ME TO PUT IN MY...

where can i find the meaning of all icons next to a received mail
"Rolls" <Rolls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9729F859-6E44-46D8-A571-78E9A5977144@microsoft.com... > Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. Have a look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...

Wrong Bill To Address
Hi all, I'd like to customize SOP Return Blank form since I discover that the default report from MGP gives the wrong Bill To address (Same as Ship To address). I realise that MGP v8.0 don't store Bill To and Ship To address on the documents so I think the only way is to create a table relationship with "RM Customer Address"? Any one can help me out? Thanks, Sugih Hi Sugih Just a question - When you create a debtor do you change the Bill to Ship to and Statement to - addresses, because I know that if you do not do this it defaults to the Ship to address (its on the ...

Pictures not opening. Little red X. email address
My email address should anyone have the answer to the question I posted today about pics not opening in forwarded email. thanks. This is caused by using WORD as your editor and having your options in word set to "Show placeholder" for pictures. Open Word, Select Options and poke around a bit until you see the option, then turn it off. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "cr" <crrsr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00de01c3dc69$5c3c0520$a501280a@phx.gbl... My email address should anyone have the answer to the question I posted today about pics not opening in forw...

returned mail undeliverable
Hi, I have posted before but the methods that were explained to me didn't work. My isp is Freeserve, but I do not use thier e mail account. I have one private domain and one Yahoo account set up in Outlook. Everything has been working fine up until a few weeks ago when I started to get Unable to send messages and undeliverable message returned mail. Now I have sent test messages to myself from either account and replied to them and all seems to be working fine. I have had family mail me as a test and I have replied with no problem, so why am I getting undeliverable messages and returned ma...

Learning C# properties from O'Relly book
In a simple time class, int hour /* public int Hour // This works { get { return hour; } set { hour = value; } } */ // Automatic property? public int Hour { get; set; } // This doesn't set hour ! // Client code Time t = new Time(now); int theHour = t.Hour; Console.WriteLine("\nRetrieved the hour: {0}\n", theHour); theHour++; Console.WriteLine("\nUpdated the hour: {0}\n", theHour); Michael Hanson wrote: > [...] > // Automatic property? > public int Hour { get; set; } // This doesn't set hour ! W...

Outlook won't break lines in received plain text e-mail
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I moved my .pst file from another Outlook 2000 on Win98. Plain text e-mails show no line breaks. I remember on the previous Outlook I modified a registry key so they would show correctly. Do you know how to fix this? Example: MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIFORNIA 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 http://jpl.convio.net/site/R?i=I- hdBIN6ChJO-3BCLCXxIg.. http://jpl.convio.net/site/R? i=QKroV09E4GFO-3BCLCXxIg.. Guy Webster (818) ...

Booking a meeting trough OWA
Hello to all. We have an Exchange 2003 front and back setup. When we connect to the OWA from a Win XP client and we try to book a meeting, we kept receiving the dialog asking if we want to save the changing. However, the same procedure works fine if we open the OWA mailbox from a Windows 2003 server. Any idea is welcome, Oren "Live With PASSION!" ...

Renaming a mail site
Is it possible to rename our existing mailsite in Exchange 5.5? Sorry, nope. If its just for display sake you can change the display name on the properties of the Site. This can get confusing down the road though. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a37501c44e55$f6423fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possibl...

Publisher 2003 Bug: Print Preview shows deleted objects.
Print preview in Microsoft Publisher has a serious error: it shows deleted objects. This ocurs whether the changes to the page have been saved or not. The objects are displayed in the preview but not on the edit page, and so they cannot be editied out. This is a (yet another) serious error in Microsoft software and requires urgent correction. Kenneth Spencer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...