show this folder as an address book

Hi,
 this tick box is greyed out on my outlook 2k , and i'm unable to view the
contacts as an address book when i compose a message.

Can someone refresh my memory what i need to do to correct it?

Rgds Stu

Right click on the contacts group you want to add.  Click
properties.  Check 'Show this folder...' on the 'Outlook
Address Book' tab.

Then pulldown 'tools', 'address book', 'tools', 'options'
and add the contacts list you need.

Good luck.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/5/2004 1:24:14 PM
Won't help if the option is greyed out.

Add the Outlook Address Book to your profile in Tools > Services...

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Riki" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Right click on the contacts group you want to add.  Click
> properties.  Check 'Show this folder...' on the 'Outlook
> Address Book' tab.
>
> Then pulldown 'tools', 'address book', 'tools', 'options'
> and add the contacts list you need.
>
> Good luck.

0
russval (3097)
5/5/2004 9:35:56 PM
Riki <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Right click on the contacts group you want to add.  Click
> properties.  Check 'Show this folder...' on the 'Outlook
> Address Book' tab.

He already said it was greyed out.  Don't you read?

Stu <stu_martin65@blahblahblahhotmail.com> wrote:

>this tick box is greyed out on my outlook 2k , and i'm unable to view the
>contacts as an address book when i compose a message.

You need to add the Outlook Address Book as a service.
Tools>Services>Add>Outlook Address Book.  After adding it, the box you
mentioned will be active.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Global Address List #23
I have several disabled user accounts, and would like to remove their email addresses from the global address list. In other words, when users send an email and are selecting the recipient, I do not want my disabled users mail addresses to be seen. I know that you can select 'hide address from lists' under advanced features, but that only hides the address from the public folder. Does anyone know how I could do this? ...

Virus Mydoom found in the IN folder
I got the Mydoom virus this weeken on my exchange sever and it quarantine 6 files in the IN folder starting with DY6WQ9 then the next two letters are different for each file. My question is once I delete these files will I be ok, Or have to recover these files from a backup? Its funny there is no sign of the virus in the Registry or from the removal tool. I am fully protected with Symantec Corporate Edition Plus Norton Exchange. You need to configure your file based AV to exclude the \Exchsrvr folders and let your Exchange AV handle the email. You are not doing that currently. This is a...

Is there a way to empty the Deleted Items folder by date?
Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 month, ???)? I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes want to recover a file a few days later. FivePoundBag wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items > folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 > month, ???)? > > I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes > want to recover a file a few days later. Use AutoArchive. Enable the global...

Exchange/Outlook Groups not showing in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange I work in a PC environment. Our organization uses Exchange Server and Outlook. I use a Mac and Entourage. My Common Contacts book shows all the email addresses but none of the GROUPS show up. Therefore I am unable to send emails from Entourage to GROUPS within the organization. These groups show up just fine in OUTLOOK. Also in Outlook the EMAIL TYPE for address show as SMTP while GROUPS are EMAIL TYPE: MAPIPDL <br><br>Our IT is pretty swamped with other issues to be able find...

Outlook Client: Change the On Line Server address
Hi, Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook Client uses to syncronise? -- Thanks in advance Chris Hi Chris, You can make this change by editing the following registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl. The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits! HTH, Niths "BoltonWolf" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook > Client uses to syncronise? > -- > Thanks in advance > Chris Thanks for that, I think that works ok. I'...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

Formulas showing in cell???
I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit i (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. How can I make the formula go awaw and simply show the results whic when edited the results shows correctly? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi probably the cell is formated as 'Text' change the cell format to 'General' and re-enter your formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit it > (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. >...

Tie Contact address to Send From address?
Hi, Outlook Express (if not, then Outlook) Can you tie a particular contact to a Send From address? In my contacts, there are people I want to ensure I only send from one email address, which isn't the default address. I thought about using a second client, but I like to keep all email in one client. If I can't do this in Express, but can in Outlook, then I'll migrate to Outlook. Thanks, Andrew "narrator" <narrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1B4C7A-9849-4AD6-9630-87ED2F418C2B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Ou...

To auto-fill using names no longer in address
Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill feature that are no longer in the address book or contact list? If they are selected the properties for the entry states name is no longer valid Address Book entry. Thanks. State your Outlook version and what you mean by "autofill." Outlook has two different functions this could be: autoresolution or autocompletion. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e601c4913a$f07a15c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the names for the au...

SFO CRM folders won't display page
SFO appeared to install correctly. The CRM toolbar buttons work fine in SFO. But when I click on a CRM folder such as accounts, I get the following Action Canceled error. I am running CRM 1.2 and this is on a Windows XP client. I have installed the SP2 and SFO enhancement patches and cleared forms cache in Outlook. I also uninstalled and reinstalled SFO. SFO works fine on all other laptops within our organization. Here is the error which occurs when I select any folder within SFO/CRM. Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might ...

show pictures in a form
i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a picture i have two question 1) is the hyperlink the best choice to use for the picture 2) how do i make the picture visble on a form thank you for your help sorry i sent this to the wrong newsgroup how every any advice would still be appreciated "William Storey II" <billstorey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:zguub.30991$TL5.30867@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a > picture > > i have two question > &g...

when I type a long number it shows up as smaller number and +
when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers get condensed into a smaller number with a letter, a plus sign and another number. example: 100020013120 turns into 1.0002E+11. Any way to get rid of this? Thanks, Yes, just specify the format that you want. Format Cells...>Number>0 decimal places Regards, Fred "SandyC" <SandyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA52E426-360E-4BE5-B63B-1209E673CA65@microsoft.com... > when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers > get conde...

ERROR : Unable to determine physical sector address for logical se
Hello, what is the error "Unable to determine physical sector address for logical sector" from FLASHDRV.DLL when my system starts ? It has a hive based registry on NAND Flash. Is There any problems on the flash ? However, after these messages the system works fine. Thanks, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer It typically means the flash file system hasn't been formatted yet. The message is expected in that case. Do you get the message after formatting the flash file system? Note that the file system might be formatted automatically when th...

Users not showing up??
I'm having trouble adding users and mailboxes in Exchange 2003. My Exchange 2003 box is connected to a Windows 2003 DC. On the Exchange box, whenever I add a user in the Active Directory, it shows up as an account, and all the Exchange tabs are assigned to the user....however under Exchange System Manager no mailbox is created...even though I've run Exchange Tasks in the AD on that same box. Is it because I have to somehow sync the AD on the Exchange box to the DC, or is it something else? Please help!! On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:42:02 -0700, "Scott S." <ScottS@discussio...

failed recipient, trying to delete address exchange 2003
I get this error when trying to delete an invalid email for a recipient in Exchange. I saw no postings for this error on the net! "this is the home email-address for this recipient, it cannot be removed." ID # c10312e8. I have another address that I have made primary. But still cannot delete this one. Try manually updating the Recipient Update Service on ESM or wait for replication to occur. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "media" <timisme@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1161757808.425153.274250@f16g2000cwb.g...

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

Multiple e-mail addresses #3
When a Contact has multiple e-mail addresses, how do I set one of them as a default? Now, emails are going to ALL of their addresses. Thanks-Rose ...

Mail addressed to user delivered to domain
Hi Guys, My client is running SBS2003 and exchange SP1 I have had a meeting request from an external source sent to a user in the organisation. It has then been received by all users within the organisation. I have opened the meeting request and it is only addressed to the user. I have checked the exchange logs and it clearly shows the message received by everyone, then an NDR sent for any users who were disabled. I am at a loss to explain how this could occur. Does anyone have any ideas? On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:30:08 -0800, Thorny <Thorny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

No "Sender" or "Subject" showing
Suddenly, about 1/2 of the messages downloaded have no Sender or Subject showing, and the message displays in HTML coding. Any clue what's causing this? WLM Support Windows Live Solution Center for Windows Live Mail http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=15 Windows Live Mail Forums http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=15 Windows Live Mail Solutions http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=15 -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "alsmithfl" wrote in message news:785170FE-56BD-4ACD-9CA3-A2934E476650@microsoft.com... Sud...

Public Folders replicas
I move mailbox and public folder from an old server to new server (Exchange 2000). I follow the instructions on the KB 307917, for public folder. Accindentally, I uninstal Exchange 2000 on the old server before to remove public folders replicas on the new exchange server. Outlook client can work on the public folders of new server, but I can not work with public folder (to remove public folders replicas) with Exchange System Manager (ESM). How I can proceed?? I must to follow the KB 275171???? Who can help me? What is the specific errror you are seeing in ESM? Are you using ESM on the ...

Unable To Access Folders From Outlook Today
I have Outlook 2002 which I have installed and uninstalled a couple of times due to expirimenting with different OS's. If I set up my folders in Outlook Today: Inbox, Saved Items, Tasks, etc., I get an error message "Outlook unable to access the folders." I can however access all my folders from the drop down menu. Could someone point me to the configuration files that might be at fault or a way to rememdy the situation. I would like to start using Outlook as my default email and calendar program once again, but really like the Outlook Today feature. Have been using Ubuntu Linux ...

Can I search for a FOLDER
Hi, Is there a way to search for a FOLDER in Outlook (2002)? If I have hundreds of sub folders within folders and forgot where I put one specific folder, is there a way to search for this folder? I seem to be able to search for e- mail items in specific folders but not for folders themselves. Any ideas? Thanks. Kikilein Nope, you can't search by folder. Advanced Find has an "In folder" option on the advanced tab you could use to find all messages in the folder (search the entire mailbox), but you won't find the folder path. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Aut...

Chart Legend Items: hide/show
How do I hide/show a series on a chart legend (scatter plot.) I tried a null string (""), but the trace still shows. I also tried #N/A. But it then shows "#N/A"; the same with function: NA(). What I am trying to do is to have a control button to show or hide a series from the chart. I can set all the series values to #N/A which hides it, but I am having trouble trying to hide the legend for the series. I also tried an "if" function in the chart->series dialog, but It evidently will only accept a cell pointer. "Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@p...

Outllook Express Address Book
I am using Outlook Express with Windows ME. I have 3 accounts that I manage and I cannot get them to keep their address books independent of each other. When one is added to one account it shows up in all three. How do I keep the address book unique to each account? This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: m...

Outlook remembers old Exchange addresses
Hi, We just changed our Exchange box with a move from 2003-2007. However, when we try to send email from outlook, it remembers the old names! Any way to change that? Thanks Hi ecb, what do you mean with "remember"? Maybe you mean the autocomplete function? http://www.ingressor.com/autocompletetips.htm Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "ecb" <e.bellamy@fast247.biz> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1183457563.08...