Show Names drop down box not working

I recently graduated to Office 2003 and I'm having a problem I don't know how
to get around.

I want to send this email to a large number of people, so I want to select
several names from one of my contacts folders. But it won't let me. Here are
the steps I'm going through: From the Mail Screen, New, To, then I want to
click on the "Show Names from the" drop down box, but it won't let me. When I
click on the drop down arrow, nothing happens. I have used Outlook in its
various versions for years and have always used this feature.

These files were imported from an Outlook 2000 pst file. I don't know if
that makes any difference or not.

Would greatly appreciate any help.
0
Valerie (31)

If you imported Contacts, you most surely will have trouble. Since you
provided no details, read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2003

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Valerie" <Valerie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently graduated to Office 2003 and I'm having a problem I don't know
>how
> to get around.
>
> I want to send this email to a large number of people, so I want to select
> several names from one of my contacts folders. But it won't let me. Here
> are
> the steps I'm going through: From the Mail Screen, New, To, then I want to
> click on the "Show Names from the" drop down box, but it won't let me.
> When I
> click on the drop down arrow, nothing happens. I have used Outlook in its
> various versions for years and have always used this feature.
>
> These files were imported from an Outlook 2000 pst file. I don't know if
> that makes any difference or not.
>
> Would greatly appreciate any help.

0
russval (3097)
9/25/2004 12:14:53 AM
That solved my problem. That you so much!

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> If you imported Contacts, you most surely will have trouble. Since you
> provided no details, read this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2003
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Valerie" <Valerie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently graduated to Office 2003 and I'm having a problem I don't know
> >how
> > to get around.
> >
> > I want to send this email to a large number of people, so I want to select
> > several names from one of my contacts folders. But it won't let me. Here
> > are
> > the steps I'm going through: From the Mail Screen, New, To, then I want to
> > click on the "Show Names from the" drop down box, but it won't let me.
> > When I
> > click on the drop down arrow, nothing happens. I have used Outlook in its
> > various versions for years and have always used this feature.
> >
> > These files were imported from an Outlook 2000 pst file. I don't know if
> > that makes any difference or not.
> >
> > Would greatly appreciate any help.

0
Valerie (31)

Coutry drop down
Is it any way to make the country a drodown list where the user can pick rather than type it ? Thanks Answered in the developer newsgroup. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup ---------------------------------------------------------- "Carlos" <ftepalcar@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uRTB4y1gHHA.4208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is it any way to make the country a drodown list where the user can pick ...

Right click , drag and drop and cut , copy paste facilities
Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and paste facilities in any of the record forms Pretty limiting eh? Just chalk it up as one of many CRM shortcomings. Sometimes you can right click, sometimes you can't. Just get in the habit of using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Nitin" <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2223FB31-B10E-4EA7-87C0-ED483F5F6E23@microsoft.com... > Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and past...

cell looses name after sorting
Can someone help me with the following problem in Excel 2000: in a table I have attached serveral cells with unique cell names, the values in these cells are used in other sheets. the problem is that when I sort the table, the cell names stay in the original rowposition; they are not sorted! while their values are. So Cell names get different values, and other calculations on my other sheets get messed up! How can I make the cell names relative instead of absolute? thankx in advance, Jim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "jimfx >" <<jimfx.109zcv@exc...

Any XML Naming Conventions?
Does the use of DTD, XML Schema and similar constructs adopt the use of C# naming conventions? If so how do I make the distinction of how to apply C# conventions with XML elements, attributes and so on? Any referrals to resources that discuss or document XML Naming Conventions? -- <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost" Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ clintonG wrote: > Does the use of DTD, X...

Z Report shows zeros for an entire shift
How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed correctly, and all transactions seem to be successful. However, the Z report that is run at the end of the shift prints all zeros? Any ideas??? I am having the same problem. All the transactions are successfull and I can see the sale amounts and etc at crstal reports but all the z, zz and x reports print "$0.00" amount. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? "Maakus" wrote: > How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed > correctly, and all transactions seem t...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

Comparing first and last names in two lists

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

DLookup not working
My code is If DLookup("Mechanic", "PartSuffixTbl", "Mechanic = " & CLng(MechanicList.Column(0)) & "") = MechanicList.Value Then MechanicList.SetFocus MechanicBox.Value = "" MessageBox = "This Mechanic cannot be modified because" MessageBox2 = "there are Wheels assigned to it" Me.refresh This is to look in the Mechanic column of PartSuffixTbl and if the MechanicList.Value is found, the following code takes place. I have and else also but the problem is...

Show / hide design grid
For some reason thedesign grid in one of the queries that I have created disappears. I can still see the tables and queries upon which the query in question is based but the actual design grid has gone. The grid cannot be located by doing a grid search using the scroll bars (all the way to the bottom; across to the right one step; all the way to the top; across to the right one more step\; etc etc) I cannot find any setting that will restore the query design grid and cannot find any reference to it on Google either. I have Googled "Show hide query design grid", "Cannot see...

Password not working
HI, I have been using my default folder set with a password for many years. Of late, i realised that I am not being asked for the password even when I restart the system. When I reset the password, my old password is being required for that. But again when I open Outlook, I am not being asked for the password. What could be the problem be? I recently installed YahooPop to have POP access to my Yahoo account. Could that be a possible reason for this? Thanks for any help. Regarsd Ramesh ...

Work spreadsheet issue
If I have multiple rows of data on a worksheet and on another worksheet I want various counts of rows that have certain things in common, how would I do that? Thanks. -- jenrenea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jenrenea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23098 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373900 Can you provide a sample of your data along with your expected results? -- Domenic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domenic's...

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

name badge labels
Now we have Office 2007 and I cannot figure out how to create a sheet of name badge labels. Are you using mail merge? If you are, select the your label from the page setup. If you are manually typing your badge labels, measure your labels and setup your page with grid guides. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carol in Texas" <CarolinTexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:626CC158-3AF1-4809-9BCE-C54E1FF42861@microsoft.com... > Now we have Office 2007 and I cannot figure out how to...

appearance of the real name in "sent"
I posted a message yesterday but nobody answered. So I try to do it again. I cannot find the answer to this question in help (OL 2000). I setup my contact list, with the names, the way I want them to appear, the email address etc... When I want to send an email, I click on the contact I want, action, etc... When it is sent, it appears with the email of the person. For example, I would like "John" to appear, and I get (and he too) say.. john@msn.com. It would be more friendly, and more polite and I know it can be done, as I receive some to my name. anonymous@discussions.m...

Import excel named range into Access error 3011
Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my particular problem. I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine. I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file into Access. This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working. I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within the Access VBA code, it looks like this: =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166 rather than this, which is what it should be: =Data!$A$1:$Z$166 When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in the immediate window, it also has the #REF error....

OWA using mix of machine name/FQDN, screwing things up with HTTPS
Hello, We have one particular customer whose SBS 2003 box is giving me some heartburn when it comes to setting up OWA. I've set it up for HTTPS only, and setup permissions the exact same as our other many working OWA systems. Here's what happens when I try and hit the "broken" one: When I go to: https://server.domain.com/exchange, I get prompted for a username and password, which works properly. After login, I get a warning that the page contains a mix of both secure and non secure items. If I don't display the non secure items, I see the two "panes"...

Look up column name, match rows (a/cnumber) & summing up....its confusing!
Hi All, Here is what I'v been trying to do but..! I'v 2 sets of data (data1 & data2) Column name may be sane/different in each data set and same applies to acct_no.. I want to prepare a report that combine product & accounts data show accumulatd result on another sheet/file. Data 1 - upto Jan 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B Prod-C 1001 51 10 30 11 1002 47 15 20 12 1003 80 20 15 45 1004 64 25 16 23 Total 242 70 81 91 Data 2 - Feb 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B 1002 7 5 2 1004 16 10 6 1009 9 3 6 Total 32 18 14 Report required Acct upto Jan'06 Prod - ...

Option for fields to show up in datasheet view
Hello, Since most people are more familiar with excel then access, my users prefer to see it in datasheet view. However, since it could be too long, anyone can help me how to make an option to show up only field that we can chose in the form. I remember there is a sample of database that has that one, but I do not know where is it now. Please help. Thanks in advance, Frank -- Frank Situmorang Simplest solution might be to set the Visible property of the controls on the form, based on the fields the user wants to see. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

Unread mail not showing up in Inbox
Hi, My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the "From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose. Also, some additio...