Sharing Outlook 2003 .pst on 2 computers (not simultaneously)

I hope someone can help me here.  I have 2 different offices, both
running outlook 03, and i would like to find a way to carry the .pst
with me, on an ipod, or USB memory stick.  can you do this??

i run into the situation where i need to access email on one computer
when i'm at the other office.  i get a stupid amount of emails during
the day, so i have to touch each one twice.  i'm trying to figure out
a way that i can have just one disk, portable media or put the file on
a vpn server, so when i launch outlook (only one will be running at a
time), they use the same .pst file.  This make sense?

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  it's driving me up the
wall.

thanks!
jeff

The easiest way is with an Exchange acct (hosted Exchange for small
businesses works great). IMAP also works ok. You can put a pst on a USB
stick but you need to make sure outlook is closed before you remove it or
the pst may be corrupted, losing your data. I'd probably try using the pst
on a stick as your default message store.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"jeffromnc" <jeffhaigler@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I hope someone can help me here.  I have 2 different offices, both
> running outlook 03, and i would like to find a way to carry the .pst
> with me, on an ipod, or USB memory stick.  can you do this??
>
> i run into the situation where i need to access email on one computer
> when i'm at the other office.  i get a stupid amount of emails during
> the day, so i have to touch each one twice.  i'm trying to figure out
> a way that i can have just one disk, portable media or put the file on
> a vpn server, so when i launch outlook (only one will be running at a
> time), they use the same .pst file.  This make sense?
>
> If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  it's driving me up the
> wall.
>
> thanks!
> jeff

0