sharing of folders

I tried configuring my folder to share it with the others
but unfortunately as i tour around the outlook i could find
the permissions tab when i right click the properties of a
certain folder. What should I do with this problem? Is
there other way in order I could share my folder? Pls. help
Thanks and regards
0
abellarb (1)

You'll have to tell us more about your Outlook version and mail environment.
In the meantime, you might want to take a look at
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"mel b. abella" <abellarb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I tried configuring my folder to share it with the others
> but unfortunately as i tour around the outlook i could find
> the permissions tab when i right click the properties of a
> certain folder. What should I do with this problem? Is
> there other way in order I could share my folder? Pls. help
> Thanks and regards

0
suemvp (4038)

Delete Public Folders #2
Hi all; I have no idea how to solve this one: I need to delete some outdated public folders, (exchange2003 on Win2003) but whoever created them removed all client permissions above "Editor", so not only can I not delete them, I can not add anyone to the folder with permissions to do so. I have given myself all permissions in "Admin rights" and "directory permissions", but cannot change anything in "Client Permissions". I have no inherited deny's, as I am Exchange view only admin at the moment, with all non inherited permissions manually added....

Unable to view contacts list in Public Folders
These are not contacts that the user is creating but contacts listed in Outlook public folders so all who have been granted access can see. I have a user that cannot see any contacts that are list in public folders. If that user creates a new contact in the public folders which everyone granted access cans see. The user cannot see the contact that they just created. I have deleted the users local profile form the PC and roaming profile for the domain. Let them log back on to there PC, start outlook go to the public folders and then the contact list and she can't see anything. If I ...

Macro to Export Default Folders
I have been working on a Macro that needs to work in Outlook XP and 2003. The goal is to export the default folders (Contacts, Tasks, Calendar) to an Excel file that will be used to 'sync' the files to the users other remote computers using their VPN connection. I chose Excel to avoid the security issues in Outlook. All folders except the Contacts will export perfectly, but for some reason, I always get a stop error when it tries to export the Contacts folder. I even tried the sample code MS provides to check the export and it stops as well. I am not master of VB and have a friend ...

Shared Mailbox Permissions
Hi there, We have a shared mailbox on the exchange server, when we setup permissions on that folder it appears not to be effective. We have setup, default and anonymous permissions/role to 'none' and we have setup our Group to 'reviewer' which only gives read access... but we are still able to move folders around and to delete files. Is there something we are doing wrong ? Any known problems ? We use Exchange 2003 TIA ...

Sharing Mutliple Calendars
Greetings, I have a customer who wants to create calendars as subfolders to their main calendar. They connect to an Exchange 5.5 server. Is it possible to share these sub-calendars to other Outlook/Exchange users in the site? Is Office 2003 required? Any help is appreciated! John Kirkland MCSE 2000 To access a shared folder that isn't one of the folders listed on the File | Open | Other User's Folder dialog, the mailbox owner needs to grant Reviewer permission to the root of the mailbox, as well as appropriate permission on the folder. The user who needs access then goes into...

Using the "In Folder" rule
Using Outlook 2000 at both home and office. Also use the same email address at both locations. I often send messages from one location to another and have set Outlook to color-code messages received from myself in green. The "problem" is that everything in my Sent Items folder is green since it matches the rule "sent by me." I could probably just create a view called "messages - sent items" and use all of my formatting rules from "messages" except the color-coding, but that would be to easy. I would prefer to modify my "messages" rule and us...

Sharing Contacts and Caladers
Could someone explain to me how to share contacts and calanders between several users on the same network. Do I need to do this through Sharepoint and/or Exchange 2003, and if so, how? The users are all XP Pro and the server is SBS 2003 You'll need to use Exchange, sharing either public folders or mailbox folders. Outlook 2003 is the first version to support data sharing with SharePoint. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "new...

Error synchronizing folder in outlook 2003
I get the following message when I used the cached exchange settings for my mailbox. Problem is, I have done ALL the things that it mentions to do and I still cannot get rid of this error. To compound problems, because of this errror I havn't been able to get any email since 1/30/2004. Any ideas will be greatly apprecaited. Please note that the microsoft article referenced applies to outlook 200 so you would have to make educated guess's on how to accomplish those things in outlook 2003. Please email me any ideas you have at: idavies@turningpointonline.org Thank you :) 16:04:51...

drag and drop from Inbox to personal folder
MS Outlook freezes up when trying to drag and drop mail from Ibox to a personal folder? ...

Mail-disable public folders?
Hi all, hope you can help here, I have ended up with some sort of mailed enabled inheritence or default for all the public folders; this was a new install of exchange 2003 SP2 (SBS); I am pretty sure that normally the default is NOT to mail enable public folders and the administrator has to explicitly email enable each one required. Apart from not wanting hundreds of email addresses being active, it actually means that some addresses are associated with folders and they should be used elsewhere e.g. associated with a user account. What may have caused this is that I populated the new ex...

Move message to storage folder > CRASH
Most of the time I right click an email in my Inbox and select Move to Folder, Windows Live Mail (desktop app), crashes when I click OK to execute the move. When I restart WLM my Inbox still shows the message entry, although there is no message body. The folder where I directed the message to move contains a copy of the email (including message body) and the From entry appears within quote marks. The quotes do not appear in the opened message, only on the storage folder's message list. Any idea why this is crashing so often, or how to stop this behavior. This is frustra...

Running Rules in Special Folders (Outlook and CallPilot)
Software: Outlook 2000 SP-3 and CallPilot Desktop Messaging 2.50 Background: Incoming voice messages are placed in the Callpilot Desktop Messaging Inbox in Outlook. A small icon lights up to indicate that a new message has been received. Question: How can I use a Rule in Outlook to also play a sound in a special folder? So far I am unable to have a rule continuously checking this particular inbox. Thanks, Lee Outlook rules doesn't support that - you might be able to use VBA to alert you - see outlookcode.com if you need help with VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teac...

pst: import of the back-up
I needed to reinstall Vista, so, using the (.pst) export file wizard, I backed-up a copy of my Outlook 2007 file. I reinstalled vista and Office 2007 and the only content I can access in Outlook are the Inbox and the sub folders. There are no contacts/calendar detail - which I'm not too concerned at. However, all the content from sent mail is missing - the folder is empty - does a .pst backup not include the sent mail? If the backup should include the sent mail, how do I access them? I've ran the repair tool but it's made no difference? Why would you export to ...

SharePoint 2003-2007-2010 Servers sharing files
I am working in a project where we have a location that has upgraded to SharePoint 2010, we run the main location files with SharePoint 2003 and other locations with 2007. The work that is being done on the 2010 version needs to feed some of the content to our 2003 Sharepoint intranet. we are trying to avoid having to do this work twice to mirror the content in the two locations. and we are looking for a file share method. I am not a developer, please help with any suggestions you may have. thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Auto Deployment...

2 personal folders causing Outlook to hang
Please help! I have got myself into difficulties with Outlook 2003. I imported data from Outlook on my previous PC that used Win2K. I now use XPProf. Somehow I have managed to create 2 personal folders within the email folder section of Outlook. I can't delete one as the Personal folder can't be deleted within Outlook. My Contacts, diary and other sections seem OK. The .pst file is about 280Mb. The program lets me look at my emails (with the preview pane off) but hangs on any email with an attachment. I have now uninstalled Outlook. I have the SP1 ready and WinSP2 to install....

Problems creating a new Public Folder Store
I have a problem where I cannot mount a new public folder file (e.g. none exists and it is a fresh install and file) I am getting: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object ID no: c1041722 Exchange System Manager I have worked through all of the articles from MS Support, but the issue doesn't seem to be related to the permissions. The only thing out of the ordinary is that this is a small business server. Thanks Alot! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555146 ...

Page format changes when document is shared
I have an Excel document that was created by someone else. I saved it and shared it. When printing, the page format is different for others than it is for me. Also, the page format changes for those users if I turn the "save" function off. How can I get the page format to be the same for each user. Everyone is using the same version of Excel. ...

public folder woes
I have just setup an Exchange 2k server, I setup a load of public folders, and everything was working wonderful, I could mail to them as well. the last thing I did was to install The IISLockdown tool, after I did that people complained that they couldn't get into their webmail, so I took the lockdown tool off. Now the public folders went wrong. the permissions for some reason got all messed up, and while looking in outlook, the owner of the folders was changed to a publishing editor. I couldn't change the permissions there, so I went into ESM and tried to get the permissions to change...

Permission in a folder of file server
I used code "ds.WriteXml" to export dataset to xml to a file server (Not web server. This folder do not have web share) server name: allorder folder and path: d:\order2009\ file name: neworder.xml How to tell newwork guy to setup permission for this folder (order2009)? I got answers as below. Which one is right? So far, I assign everone for full control but boss do not want to use EVERYONE. 1) <MACHINE NAME>\ASPNET 2) NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/200911/1 ...

Help with mail enabled public folder
We have a newly created mail enabled public folder which internal users can send email to but when Internet users send email to the public folder it bounces back undeliverable from our Postmaster with the following Final-Recipient: rfc822;HedgeFundResearch@xxxxx.com Action: failed Status: 5.2.1 X-Display-Name: Hedge Fund Research Any thoughts? We have other mail enabled PF with no problem. Thanks, Dave Myles have you granted at least "Contributor" rights to "anonymous"? "Dave Myles" <dmyles@strategicgroup.com> wrote in message news:DCFA8EE7-21E8-4775...

OWA, Can View Folder/Mail, but Cannot Send.. Why ?
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:aFtYb.86583$cE3.30504327 @news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net: > When using OWA, I can View my Emails on > the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can > use Find Name, and it will Search.. > > But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops > up and says: "Failed to Send Item&quo...

Slow or no communication witg shares on SBS2008
Hello all. Since I'm new around here, please let me know if this is the right place to post this. I've been checking these forums for a long time now, but fortunately I always found what I was looking for and never had the need to post. For that, I want to thank you all for the tremendous work (and help) everyone participating here have been given throughout these years. The problem that brings me here today, relates not entirely to the SBS 2003. What happens is that we have several MAC OS machines connecting to several shares in a SBS 2003. Everything was ok till one of ...

Too Many Personal Folders
I move my outlook.pst file back and forth, by "import" between my home and laptop computers. I do not import duplicate entries. Somewhere in this process I have "acquired" several new Personal Folders. In the folder list there are four of them. The active data appears in the second one, counting from the top and the third and fourth seem to be duplicates. How do I safely reduce all my data to just one Personal Folder, and how do I prevent this growth in the future. TIA, Dave Harding in PA. Dave Harding <davejean1@comcast.net> wrote: > I move my outlook.pst...

downloading pop messages to different folders
As stated in the subject, I would like to be able to have my different pop servers download the messages download to different folders, not all into the "inbox" any help would be greatly appreciate. Ben Gnoinski go to Tools -> rules wizard and start creating rules. Its pretty self explaintory. - M "Ben Gnoinski" <bgnoinski@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:423a01c47fb3$ee15b4d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > As stated in the subject, I would like to be able to have > my different pop servers download the messages download to > different folders, not all into ...

links to public folder documents
I need to create an email message that includes a link to a document in an Outlook Public Folder. Can anyone tell me how to do this? TIA The link needs to be in this format: <outlook://Public Folders/All Public Folders/YOUR PUBLIC FOLDER PATH/~ITEM NAME> You need to include the "~" before the item name. The "<>" on each end of the link keep it intact in case it breaks across two lines. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! &quo...