Sharing Categories in your Public Categories with Other Users.

Is their any way that you can share the Category information that
you've tagged a certain contact information and other users on your
network can see that category you've assigned it (since it's in a
public folder)

For instance, we have a public folder which has a list of our
contacts, we want to categorize them since their is a vast number of
them and it's become unmanageable.

If I click on the contact and assign it a category, it seems that I
can only see the category that i've assigned it on my workstation, but
i can't see what I assigned it on my colleagues computer.

We want to be able to universally assign categories so everyone in our
company can see what category it belongs to once assigned in our
Public Folders.

I've read a little about the category master list being stored in the
registery, and one can export it, but that seems a little cumbersome +
would be hard to update everytime we add a new contact.  Also it seem
that would just export the category OPTIONS and not the individual
tags of the contacts and what categories they belong to.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

The category that you assigned to it should be viewable
by all persons with permissions to that public folder.

The registry storage that you refer to is only to make the
Master category include that category in the list to use
when assigning the item. Once an item has been assigned
then everyone should be able to view by category.

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"ninjaking" <adel.ather@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
[...]

Yes your right, I would think that would work.  But for some reason
when I assigned say a contact name in our Public Folder to say
"Business" or "Gifts" a standard category (Not custom made), when I go
on someone else computer it doesn't work.

Our Outlook works great otherwise, and seems to be configured well, as
we often pass task to each other and Calender / Schedule Events.

I can't seem to think of any other criteria which seems to fit the
bill as to what I'm missing.... HELP!!!!!!

"Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#SOUDxEmDHA.1960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> The category that you assigned to it should be viewable
> by all persons with permissions to that public folder.
>
> The registry storage that you refer to is only to make the
> Master category include that category in the list to use
> when assigning the item. Once an item has been assigned
> then everyone should be able to view by category.
>
> --
> Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]
>
> "ninjaking" <adel.ather@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Is their any way that you can share the Category information that
> you've tagged a certain contact information and other users on your
> network can see that category you've assigned it (since it's in a
> public folder)
>
> For instance, we have a public folder which has a list of our
> contacts, we want to categorize them since their is a vast number of
> them and it's become unmanageable.
>
> If I click on the contact and assign it a category, it seems that I
> can only see the category that i've assigned it on my workstation, but
> i can't see what I assigned it on my colleagues computer.
>
> We want to be able to universally assign categories so everyone in our
> company can see what category it belongs to once assigned in our
> Public Folders.
>
> I've read a little about the category master list being stored in the
> registery, and one can export it, but that seems a little cumbersome +
> would be hard to update everytime we add a new contact.  Also it seem
> that would just export the category OPTIONS and not the individual
> tags of the contacts and what categories they belong to.
>

> Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Did you make a CUSTOM form to use in the public folder?

--

Yes your right, I would think that would work.  But for some reason
when I assigned say a contact name in our Public Folder to say
"Business" or "Gifts" a standard category (Not custom made), when I go
on someone else computer it doesn't work.

Our Outlook works great otherwise, and seems to be configured well, as
we often pass task to each other and Calender / Schedule Events.

I can't seem to think of any other criteria which seems to fit the
bill as to what I'm missing.... HELP!!!!!!

"Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The category that you assigned to it should be viewable
> by all persons with permissions to that public folder.
>
> The registry storage that you refer to is only to make the
> Master category include that category in the list to use
> when assigning the item. Once an item has been assigned
> then everyone should be able to view by category.
>
> --
> Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]
>
> "ninjaking" <adel.ather@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Is their any way that you can share the Category information that
> you've tagged a certain contact information and other users on your
> network can see that category you've assigned it (since it's in a
> public folder)
>
> For instance, we have a public folder which has a list of our
> contacts, we want to categorize them since their is a vast number of
> them and it's become unmanageable.
>
> If I click on the contact and assign it a category, it seems that I
> can only see the category that i've assigned it on my workstation, but
> i can't see what I assigned it on my colleagues computer.
>
> We want to be able to universally assign categories so everyone in our
> company can see what category it belongs to once assigned in our
> Public Folders.
>
> I've read a little about the category master list being stored in the
> registery, and one can export it, but that seems a little cumbersome +
> would be hard to update everytime we add a new contact.  Also it seem
> that would just export the category OPTIONS and not the individual
> tags of the contacts and what categories they belong to.
>

> Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Custom Form?  I don't think so but i'm not sure, these forms we're
created by someone else and we're here before I got here.

How can I tell?  The headings are, Full name, Job Title, Company, File
As, Business, Home, Business Fax, Mobile, Email, Web Page Address

If it we're a CUSTOM FORM would that perhaps be part of the PROBLEM ?
I mean would that be what is preventing others from seeing the
categories ?

"Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<OKHe#zdmDHA.3316@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Did you make a CUSTOM form to use in the public folder?
>
> --
> Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]
>
> "ninjaking" <adel.ather@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Yes your right, I would think that would work.  But for some reason
> when I assigned say a contact name in our Public Folder to say
> "Business" or "Gifts" a standard category (Not custom made), when I go
> on someone else computer it doesn't work.
>
> Our Outlook works great otherwise, and seems to be configured well, as
> we often pass task to each other and Calender / Schedule Events.
>
> I can't seem to think of any other criteria which seems to fit the
> bill as to what I'm missing.... HELP!!!!!!
>

> "Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The category that you assigned to it should be viewable
> > by all persons with permissions to that public folder.
> >
> > The registry storage that you refer to is only to make the
> > Master category include that category in the list to use
> > when assigning the item. Once an item has been assigned
> > then everyone should be able to view by category.
> >
> > --
> > Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]
> >
> > "ninjaking" <adel.ather@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Is their any way that you can share the Category information that
> > you've tagged a certain contact information and other users on your
> > network can see that category you've assigned it (since it's in a
> > public folder)
> >
> > For instance, we have a public folder which has a list of our
> > contacts, we want to categorize them since their is a vast number of
> > them and it's become unmanageable.
> >
> > If I click on the contact and assign it a category, it seems that I
> > can only see the category that i've assigned it on my workstation, but
> > i can't see what I assigned it on my colleagues computer.
> >
> > We want to be able to universally assign categories so everyone in our
> > company can see what category it belongs to once assigned in our
> > Public Folders.
> >
> > I've read a little about the category master list being stored in the
> > registery, and one can export it, but that seems a little cumbersome +
> > would be hard to update everytime we add a new contact.  Also it seem
> > that would just export the category OPTIONS and not the individual
> > tags of the contacts and what categories they belong to.
> >

> > Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Hello

Look at www.olcat.com, where there's a program designed to make work with
categories a lot easier.

Jacques

"ninjaking" <adel.ather@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Yes your right, I would think that would work.  But for some reason
> when I assigned say a contact name in our Public Folder to say
> "Business" or "Gifts" a standard category (Not custom made), when I go
> on someone else computer it doesn't work.
>
> Our Outlook works great otherwise, and seems to be configured well, as
> we often pass task to each other and Calender / Schedule Events.
>
> I can't seem to think of any other criteria which seems to fit the
> bill as to what I'm missing.... HELP!!!!!!
>

> "Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The category that you assigned to it should be viewable
> > by all persons with permissions to that public folder.
> >
> > The registry storage that you refer to is only to make the
> > Master category include that category in the list to use
> > when assigning the item. Once an item has been assigned
> > then everyone should be able to view by category.
> >
> > --
> > Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]
> >
> > "ninjaking" <adel.ather@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Is their any way that you can share the Category information that
> > you've tagged a certain contact information and other users on your
> > network can see that category you've assigned it (since it's in a
> > public folder)
> >
> > For instance, we have a public folder which has a list of our
> > contacts, we want to categorize them since their is a vast number of
> > them and it's become unmanageable.
> >
> > If I click on the contact and assign it a category, it seems that I
> > can only see the category that i've assigned it on my workstation, but
> > i can't see what I assigned it on my colleagues computer.
> >
> > We want to be able to universally assign categories so everyone in our
> > company can see what category it belongs to once assigned in our
> > Public Folders.
> >
> > I've read a little about the category master list being stored in the
> > registery, and one can export it, but that seems a little cumbersome +
> > would be hard to update everytime we add a new contact.  Also it seem
> > that would just export the category OPTIONS and not the individual
> > tags of the contacts and what categories they belong to.
> >

> > Any help will be greatly appreciated,

And this works in an Exchange Server environment (Our setup) ?

"Jacques Francis" <Jacques_nospam_Francis@no_spam_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:<ervMMemnDHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Hello
>
> Look at www.olcat.com, where there's a program designed to make work with
> categories a lot easier.
>
> Jacques
>
> "ninjaking" <adel.ather@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Yes your right, I would think that would work.  But for some reason
> > when I assigned say a contact name in our Public Folder to say
> > "Business" or "Gifts" a standard category (Not custom made), when I go
> > on someone else computer it doesn't work.
> >
> > Our Outlook works great otherwise, and seems to be configured well, as
> > we often pass task to each other and Calender / Schedule Events.
> >
> > I can't seem to think of any other criteria which seems to fit the
> > bill as to what I'm missing.... HELP!!!!!!
> >

> > "Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > The category that you assigned to it should be viewable
> > > by all persons with permissions to that public folder.
> > >
> > > The registry storage that you refer to is only to make the
> > > Master category include that category in the list to use
> > > when assigning the item. Once an item has been assigned
> > > then everyone should be able to view by category.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]
> > >
> > > "ninjaking" <adel.ather@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > > Is their any way that you can share the Category information that
> > > you've tagged a certain contact information and other users on your
> > > network can see that category you've assigned it (since it's in a
> > > public folder)
> > >
> > > For instance, we have a public folder which has a list of our
> > > contacts, we want to categorize them since their is a vast number of
> > > them and it's become unmanageable.
> > >
> > > If I click on the contact and assign it a category, it seems that I
> > > can only see the category that i've assigned it on my workstation, but
> > > i can't see what I assigned it on my colleagues computer.
> > >
> > > We want to be able to universally assign categories so everyone in our
> > > company can see what category it belongs to once assigned in our
> > > Public Folders.
> > >
> > > I've read a little about the category master list being stored in the
> > > registery, and one can export it, but that seems a little cumbersome +
> > > would be hard to update everytime we add a new contact.  Also it seem
> > > that would just export the category OPTIONS and not the individual
> > > tags of the contacts and what categories they belong to.
> > >

> > > Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Hi
Did you get this resolved?  I have a similar question.  Also, did you get step-by-step directions from anyone?
Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

User email routing
Can we setup a routing rules in exchange at user level Lets say, I have a user username@remend.com I want to route any incoming emails like username-1@remend.com, username-2@remend.com etc etc to that username It is possible to create few addresses like these as his secondary smtp address. but if I want to create a policy that any email with username-*@remend.com should automatically go to username@remend.com thanks in advance, -Pankaj - If that's your default SMTP domain, you can simply add additional email addresses in user's properties | Email addresses - like username-1@re...

How to tell Exchange to route unknown users to a said server ?
Hello all, We are testing an Exchange solution for some users in a particular configuration (well, not THAT special case but still difficult to understand). One of our clients is willing to upgrade its mail solution to Exchange. The migration process implies a pilot phase, for some users. here are the basis : - production solution (qmail) is using domain name COMPANY.COM. So all users have a mail address looking like user@company.com - pilot population must use their old mail address (user@company.com) but on another mail server (actually, exchange server), with different public address - ...

Category Groups #9
MS Money 2008 Plus Premium I'm in the process of creating many categories and sub-categories for all of my income and expenses and I'm trying to decide which "Category Group" to associate with each of these categories and sub-categories. What consequences are there if I associate a category and it's sub- category with two different category groups? Example: Category - Housing Sub-Category - Property Taxes Sub-Category - Home Insurance It seems logical to me to assign the "Real Estate Taxes" category group to the "Property Taxes" sub-category, as w...

Copy all emails to another user/pub folder automatically
Does anyone know a way to have all email being sent from some specified users CC'd to another user/public folder? I know on the properites of the store I can select the archive all emails option, but that's for loddy-doddy-everybody. Other than relying on the users to CC the other person, is there a way to modify the new mail form or some other way (NATIVE to EXCH2003) to do this? It would also be good if the sender can't remove the CC, but not 100% necessary. TIA -Joel On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:33:43 -0500, "Joel" <nunya@biz.org> wrote: >Does anyone kn...

Need Help! OL2003, Couple sharing calendars, tasks, contacts, on ONE PC???
I read a couple of postings on being able to share calendars, tasks etc., using the same pc but still having 2 different email address accounts? I am sorry but I got totally confused. My wife and I want to be able to view each others schedule and tasks' without having to buy any programs. We did see some solutions to this, but got confused. Can anyone help? You can also send an email to nashville_michael@yahoo.com thanks, if you reply, please be specific. What program and version are you using currently? <nashville_michael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1142286101.922935.230...

Exchange 2003 with user accounts on isp
Hello , I have a question t o a somewhat problematic situation: My domain mydomain.com has an exchange server 2k3 with recipient policy for user1@mydomain.com and user1@local.mydomain.com. user1 is actually hosted both on my isp as user1@mydomain.com and on my exchange domain under the same name now, if this user1 is sending mail to user2@mydomain.com through the exchange account it is going directly to the user2 in exchange server, while i want it to go to user2@mydomain.com pop mailbox that is hosted on my isp. I tried setting mx records with higher priority to the isp pop server but exch...

Public Information Store Queue
Hi, I've been running Exchange 2000 native on 3 servers until last night when I did an in place upgrade on one of them to Exchange 2003 SP1 (upgrading the server from Win2k to Windows 2003 SP1 in the process). The upgrade has gone smoothly but for one thing. In the SMTP Queues on the 2k3 server I now have an entry called "Public Information Store (SERVER-NAME)" with an ever growing number of messages sent from my other 2 Exchange 2000 machines. These have been accumulating since I did the upgrade (the first messages in the queue date from the time the upgrade was all finished...

Capture, modify and redisplay of graphic user interface
Hello I am try to capture graphical user interface of any program running on Windows (or for whole desktop) then to do something with it and display it back on the screen directed by my "program". My "program" will capture the user interface (like mouse and keyboard) and will redirect it to the appropriate running program. I have worries about first part of that idea – How I can capture all graphical information. After researching in last days I come to conclusion that I have to develop my custom video driver (with DDK/WDK) where all drawings from other pr...

CC Incoming/Outgoing mail to another user
Hey everyone, I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 enviornment and would like to know if the following can be done, if so, how? I would like to know if Exchange can copy all outgoing and incoming mail of a certain user to another users mailbox? For example, all email sent and received from userA@domain.com, userB@domain.com will also get it all. Cheers, Matt "OzPacific" wrote: > Hey everyone, > > I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 enviornment and > would like to know if the following can be done, if so, how? I would > like to know ...

Public Folder permissions for Groups/DL's and Native mode.
Running Exch2003 SP2 in Win2003. I've got problems assigning permissions to public folders using groups/distribution lists. I get an error the permissions cannot be saved. Using individual users however does work. At first I thought this was due to the fact the we were still running Exchange in mixed-mode. That's also what the event log tips me about. I switched to Native Exchange mode since I don't need pre-Exchange2000 servers, but the error is still there. I rebooted all Exchange servers. My active-dir is still in mixed-mode, but I'm pretty sure I read that the to m...

combo box for new excel user
how do i add a drop down list from a combo box? You can use Data Validation to create a dropdown list in a cell. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you could provide a few more details, and someone may be able to help. Lilydog7 wrote: > how do i add a drop down list from a combo box? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html It is easy once you create your Combo Box in excel. Stay in design mode and Right Click...

user and query criteria
Hi All, I want to be able to switch of the query criteria of my form record source, depending on the user name.May be On Load even of my form wee need to write some code but I always fail. Please help: If the user is A then the query's criteria is : WHERE ((([Inspection result_tbl].Model)=[Forms]![Find data_frm]![list_Model]) AND (([Inspection result_tbl].[Lot no])=[Forms]![Find data_frm]![list_Lotno])) And if the user is B the query's criteria is : WHERE ((([Inspection result_tbl].Model)=[Forms]![Find data_frm]![list_Model]) AND (([Inspection result_tbl].[Lot no])...

some users can't authenticate in OWA but pop3 and smtp is fine
I added a user on SBS 2003. The only thing unique about this user is the first and last name happened to be the same as another user. The login name was different. Ever since, neither of the two users have been able to successfully log in to OWA. They can both use pop3 and smtp just fine. Any ideas what happened here, where to look for junk, and how to resolve? if the user has the same alias in the exchange general tab it won't be able to access owa. Did you check that? "robrich" <robrich@community.nospam> wrote in message news:6EF711F1-19E6-4F91-84AF-C255F9424...

Assign category to all transactions of one payee
Hi, I got Money 2007 Home&Business. After downloading 5 years worth of data from my bank, I'd like to assign categories to each transaction. I remember, in previous MSMoneys I could select a Payee, view and select all transactions, right click and assign a category to all the transactions for that payee. In Money 2007, you can't right click anymore and multiple selections. Now, am I missing something or is not possible to batch assign categories to transactions no more? I certainly don't want to go through all the transactions one by one and assign categories to them. ...

Removing Unused Public Folders
I've been tasked with cleaning up the public folders within our Exchange 2003 servers. Anything that has not been used within the last 6 to 12 months, I need to remove. Is there a way to find out when was the last time a public folder was used??? On 21 Jun 2006 12:28:10 -0700, "Trey" <treytechie@gmail.com> wrote: > >I've been tasked with cleaning up the public folders within our >Exchange 2003 servers. >Anything that has not been used within the last 6 to 12 months, I need >to remove. >Is there a way to find out when was the last time a public fold...

Restoring Public Calendar
Is there anyway to restore a public calendar once it has been deleted. The backup program wasn't backing up the *.edb files, only the log files since the service was running. They use Backup Exec 8.0 and didn't have the exchange module. I didn't know if you could rebuild from the logs anyway. Thanks!!! If you have a public store delete retention time setting, and you are not beyond that date, and you have the dumpster always pn setting enabled in outlook, you could recover that folder without restoring a backup. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server ht...

Can't create public folders
I'm in the middle of setting up and deploying a new Exchange 2003 server. This is a new server and was not upgraded from a previous version of Exchange. This is also the only Exchange Server in the organization. I am able to create a public folder from my Outlook client. This folder is available to other users but it does not show up in AD Exchange Objects. When I go to System Manager, it does show up under Servers/Server/FSG/Public Folder Store/Public Folders. It does not show up under Folders/Public Folders. When I try to create a new folder in SM under Folders/Public Foldes it...

User Defined Function
How would I write a MinIf function that could be used in the spreadshee in the same way the "CountIf" function is used. It would be great to be able to min a range, selecting all values abov zero. Any thoughts greatly appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try something like: In B1: =MIN(IF(A1:A100>0,A1:A100)) Array-enter with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (instead of just ENTER) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "dovrox >" <<dovrox.17tzmb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:...

Sharing Microsoft Calendar
How do I set up Microsoft so that either multiple computers access the same outlook calendar from a server or share a calendar. You could make a public folder on the Exchange server that is of the Calendar type or one user could assign the other users as delegates with permission to view the calendar. The other users would have to choose File...Open...Other User's Folder every time they wanted to see it though. Option 1 is the easiest way. "Colin Whiteneck" <colinw@elitepc.com> wrote in message news:013601c361c6$f3568b60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I set up Micros...

Public folder "send as" permissions in Exchange 2000
We are running Exchange 2000 native in a Win2K native AD, and have a GROUP of people that want to be able to "send as" a public folder. We created the email-enabled public folder and the global security group... and populated the security group but can't seem to find the right place to put the security group to give them the right to "send as" the folder. Most of the info we have found on the subject deals with someONE's mailbox, not a public folder. Suggestions? Directions? Please!!! Thanks! Mike ...

Outside users
I have some users that are not on site. Ever. They sometimes VPN in to get some files, but beside that, they are on their own. I am about to implement an exchange server, but if I do, I'm going to have to get the outside users on exhange as well, and it would be simpler to leave them be. I will be using the pop3 connector to retrieve the mail, and was wondering if there is a way to tell exchange to send the mail outside the server if mail from someone with an exchange account internally send mail to the external users. They are all using the same domain, so right not exchange l...

Windows Media Player 11 doesn't monitor shared network folder
Hi I am using Windows Media Player 11 in my Paralles virtual machine on a Macbook. I share my iTunes music folder with Windows XP in Parallel and added that shared network folder to WMP as a monitored folder. However, when there are new songs added to the iTunes folder on my mac, WMP doesn't show them in the WMP library automatically but only after I clicked on "File - Add to library" again and scanned this folder manually. I thought monitoring means that all new files in the monitored folders will be added automatically to the WMP library? Any suggestions? O...

Restricting the user to make just ONE CHOICE in a set of radio buttons, within an option group
As a newbie I took for granted that by simply defining an option group and place a set of radio buttons inside the group of my form, MS Access 2007 will automatically restrict the user to make just ONE choice (like an old - or retro-designed - radio's buttons would work in real life) This seems not be the case, so I kindly ask you guys for some help here. I have really been spending hours to find a solution (i.e. without bothering you) by scanning through 12 th. messages in the public.access news group, however with result = nil. I guess my question could be too simple, or?...

Shared Workbook #15
How do I share an Excel wookbook when the tools-shared workbook option is grayed out? Someone else must have already protected and shared the workbook to disallow users to change the sharing permissions. mtc13 wrote: >How do I share an Excel wookbook when the tools-shared workbook option is >grayed out? How can I change the protection of this workbook if I get the orginal username and password. "City Girl via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > Someone else must have already protected and shared the workbook to disallow > users to change the sharing permissions. > > mtc...

Create Hidden User
Googled quite a bit about creating hidden user and all solution look a bit flaky so i suspect it's not possible but is it? 1/ I need to hide a user from main logon screen - can it happen? 2/ If it's hidden how to i logon? I still want to retain the quick logon screen for other users I also struggled to get to access advance user settings - unlike XP it's not on "My Computer>Manage>Users" - and the advanced setting in control panel simply dont work Might this work? http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/02/21/how-to-create-hidden-user-account-hi...