Shared Calendars not Displaying User Name

Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched  and running on XP Pro SP2.
Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of calendars
only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared calendar owner.
How can I get Outlook to display the username, please.  At the moment I have
multiple calendars open and they all  are headed "Calendar".  Not very
useful :-(
TIA,
Bill

0
billyg1943 (67)

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Bill Glidden" <billyg1943@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched  and running on XP Pro
> SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of
> calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared
> calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please.  At
> the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all  are headed
> "Calendar".  Not very useful :-(
> TIA,
> Bill

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/2/2006 3:20:11 AM
Thanks, Diane.
I still can't get usernames displaying when I have multiple calendars ticked
and displayed - still says "calendar".  I followed your tip 282 - have I
still missed something?  I couldn't find an "other Calendars" section.
Cheers,
Bill

> http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Bill Glidden" <billyg1943@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched  and running on XP Pro
>> SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of
>> calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared
>> calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please.
>> At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all  are headed
>> "Calendar".  Not very useful :-(
>> TIA,
>> Bill

0
billyg1943 (67)
10/2/2006 5:33:20 AM
I'm having the same problem.  I have an added email account and the generic
calendar appears under My Calendars.  When I go to Open a Shared Calendar,
nothing happens.  I'm unable to add this calendar so that I can see the
Display Name.  Thanks for any info.

"Bill Glidden" wrote:

> Thanks, Diane.
> I still can't get usernames displaying when I have multiple calendars ticked
> and displayed - still says "calendar".  I followed your tip 282 - have I
> still missed something?  I couldn't find an "other Calendars" section.
> Cheers,
> Bill
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >

> > "Bill Glidden" <billyg1943@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched  and running on XP Pro
> >> SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of
> >> calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared
> >> calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please.
> >> At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all  are headed
> >> "Calendar".  Not very useful :-(
> >> TIA,
> >> Bill

0
LeslieD (1)
10/13/2006 6:13:02 PM
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Leslie D asked:

| I'm having the same problem.  I have an added email account and the
| generic calendar appears under My Calendars.  When I go to Open a
| Shared Calendar, nothing happens.  I'm unable to add this calendar so
| that I can see the Display Name.  Thanks for any info.
|
| "Bill Glidden" wrote:
|
|| Thanks, Diane.
|| I still can't get usernames displaying when I have multiple
|| calendars ticked and displayed - still says "calendar".  I followed
|| your tip 282 - have I still missed something?  I couldn't find an
|| "other Calendars" section. Cheers,
|| Bill
|| "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
||| http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm
||| --
||| Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
||| Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
||| Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
||| Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
||| Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
||| Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
||| Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
||| Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
||| EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
||| "Bill Glidden" <billyg1943@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
MillyS (3228)

named range scope...
i get confused... a named range can have: a global level (to the entire workbook), or a worksheet level (to the active worksheet), or a ... also, i've really looked, but can't find good information on how to define 1 level name vs. the other... (any direction on this ?) Mark, Just the two. A workbook name is created by just inserting a name in the Names box, such as myRange. A worksheet name is created by adding the sheet name to the name in the Names box, such as Sheet1!myRange. You can then also create Sheet2!myRange. You can only add a worksheet name if ...

User Deleted From Active Directory Still holds a License
Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she still holds a license. How do I free up her license. I have tried threw the front end but it gives me the error "make sure object exsists in the active directory." any ideas Mark See the answer above. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:09:03 -0800, "ACDMark" <ACDMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she st...

Return the name of the object I click on in a form
Hi, How do I go about returning the name of an object on a form. For example if I set the "On Click" event procedure on a rectangle object to return: MsgBox Me.Name I get the form name. What I want to do is click on the object and be abe to reference it's properties such as Tag to run other code based in these values. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated. Regards, John Dumay For the name of the control try Screen.ActiveControl.Name For the control itself use Screen.ActiveControl -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "John Dumay" <JohnDumay@dis...

File Name Length
Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office 2004? Thanks. In article <19bee01c41cec$47393e90$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "JM" <doubledawg9498@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office > 2004? Thanks. FIrst, you *can* have filenames longer than 31 characters in Office v.X already - you just can't generate them. While v.X apps display a hash at the end of a long filename, it keeps the filename intact when you save. MS hasn't announced anything regarding long file names in 2004 ye...

Unable to connect to other users mailbox
Hello, I’ve just added a second exchange server to our Org, and found that users on the new server can not open mailboxes on the old server after I moved their mailbox, which they were able to do before the migration. It’s been 2 days now so I know AD replication is not the issue. When someone attempts to open a mailbox on the old server, Outlook (2003) throws the error: “Unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened.” I have read article 830830 from the knowledge base. I did not follow the instructions because the msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor attribute exi...

Word default paper size- networked user accounts
Word 2004- processors various, OS 10.5 How do I get Word to default to A4 (instead of US letter) for networked accounts? Hi Jeremy: The succinct answer to this is "By ensuring that your operating system locality preferences are set correctly before you install." Microsoft Office picks up all its global settings from the "Language and Text" system preferences in OS 10.6 (I think they were called something else in 10.5). If this has been done wrongly at installation, you need to set the System Preferences correctly and then delete the individual user's...

How to display page tabs vertically?
How do I set tab pages be displayed vertically (left side). By default, they are set on top, I need them on the left side. Please assist. Thank you for any tip/help provided. Adnan -- Please post all your inquiries on this community so we can all benefit - Thank you! "Adnan" <te_adnani@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:B06E82F0-ED1C-4E9A-B65C-FB6D7C48248C@microsoft.com... > How do I set tab pages be displayed vertically (left side). By default, > they > are set on top, I need them on the left side. Please assist. > > Thank you for any tip/he...

shared email, can't privatize appointments
I have 2 secys who share an email address. THey eachmade an Outlook calendar for themselves on their own laptop. However they say they can't keep any appt "private" from the other person--that "private" doesn't work. Is this true, and is there a way around it? -- kamp "kamp" <kamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D667C78F-D0FD-4E82-A4FF-2EA717E4B66E@microsoft.com... >I have 2 secys who share an email address. THey eachmade an Outlook calendar > for themselves on their own laptop. However they say they can't ...

User Activity window in GP 9
Hi! Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Hi Marisol, Now found under Tools --> Utilities --> System Robert Marisol wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under > Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system > without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks ...

Forward misspelled names to user account if doman is correct.
Is it possible to catch for instance a misspelled name like moike@domain.com that should be mike@domain.com and forward it to another account? It should be able to pick up anything (like *@domain.com) and forward it to joe@domain.com. Thanks in advance. Mike Are you really sure that you want to do this? If so, you can take a look at the methods listed here. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "pakitloss" <pakitloss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24DB863D-49F5-457A-BA47-B7D26F422...

Net display extended desktop
I've created a html page with microsoft frontpage and in it theres a wmv video. When i open the page, I can watch the video in my main screen, but then when I move it to my extended screen, theres nothing but a black screen. Is there a way I can fix this? Thanks. When you go to your POS screen and press ctrl+F6 is 'show net display' enabled? -- Jenny "Mike" wrote: > I've created a html page with microsoft frontpage and in it theres a wmv video. > When i open the page, I can watch the video in my main screen, but then when > I > move it to my ext...

Exchane 5.5 IMC Naming
I need to change the FQDN display name on a 5.5 Exchange IMC. Currently the server displays netbiosname.localdomain, where it should read the FQDN of the server. I've searched the registry and misc. config files in the Exchange directory to no avail. In Exchange 2K + you can set this in the server SMTP config. However there is no place to set this in 5.5. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. We ran into a similar issue. We found our options to be either configure our reverse lookup records to our internal namespace or change the domain suffix of the smtp machine. We ended up changing ...

need registration name and key for reinstall
I purchased Money 2007 Premium in August, 2006, via Digital River download and I also ordered a backup CD. Everything worked fine until my computer died. Now I am trying to install Money on a new computer using the same backup CD. But it pops up a window entitled "Key Expired". It appears that I need a "registration name and key", "exactly as given to you". Perhaps I did receive this information before but it would now be lost on my dead computer. Is there a way to retrieve the requisite magic cookies from someone's web site? And what credentials...

Unwanted Formula Display #2
I'm using Excel XP, preparing cost estimates. In my summary page, cell references display the name and total of each category, from the associated category page in the document. When I insert a new line for a new category, and "point and shoot" to assign the formula, e.g., ="A425", it displays the formula rather than the cell reference value, e.g., "Carpentry". I've tried formatting the cell as Text and General, copying another cell reference that is displaying correctly, and then editing the formula, and painting the new cell from one that is wor...

Excel.Application User-define Error
In trying to solve a Access to Excel data linking problem from Microsoft's site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904953 I am trying to run the example and it dies on Dim xlApp As Excel.ApplicationThe error message I get is "Compile error: User-defined type not defined." Is there something I need to add like a reference in order to get this to work?Mike You need to add a reference to Excel (through Tools | References while in the VB Editor). Personally, I prefer using Late Binding, since setting a reference then limits your application to only those users with the same ...

New to mac...how do you make a calendar?
Hi, I am a teacher and have previously made my parent volunteer calendars with my pc on Publisher....how do I create similar calendars on a mac? Thanks! Hello Melissa, Publisher is PC-only. Would Entourage's Project Center be suitable? See http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/mac/library/how_to_articles/office2004/en_proj ectcenter.xml See also "Print a custom calendar in Entourage" http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/m...

Counting of Names ?
I have some names in some cells like " Abraham" " Sathish " etc . I want the number of occurances of each name Counted ,within a range of cells and made known at a perticulat cell Like Name No of Times Abraham 110 Sathish 20 Regards Vijay Hi Vijay! Put the unique names in a column and use (eg) =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,D1) If you want a fast way of extracting the list of names see: Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingUnique -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (...

Portfolio does not Display
Besides buying Money 2007, is there anything else I can try to get my Portfolio View back? I have 2005 Premium. When I click on the Portfolio button, the page displays but none of my data is displayed. But if I go to Accounts they are there. I've tried changing the View in Select View, and the dates but still nothing. BTW, this was working great for more than a 18 mos, then what seemed like all of a sudden, it stopped working. My data file is about 12M in size if that matters. I have XP on a Pentium Dual if that matters. Any help would be appreciated. Tony I also just fou...

2003 calendar free/busy times
New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from site to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a meeting notice could check to see if the time was available. I can't seem to find out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative groups servers to another the calendar info? TIA Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com in the ESM, go to your AG, then "Folders", then "Public Folders"...right-click, and select "View System Folders"...under "Schedule+ Free Busy", select the appropr...

map data (x-y axis) with diffent series name
I have a set of x-y coordinate data set and i would like to plot them showing the respective series name. Is there an automatic way of doing this without haing to plot the data points separately. eg Name x y A 1 6 B 2 3 C 3 4 D 4 2 E 5 5 .. . . .. . . .. . . I will like to have a plot of x and y with A, B, C as series name without having to plot the points one after the other. Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Char...

Editing a shared spreadsheet simultaneously
We are currently networked using Excel 2000. If one of us has a spreadsheet open, the other can only open the same spreadsheet in 'Read Only'. Is there a newer version of Excel which will allow two people to have open, and edit, and same worksheet at the same time? If not, anyone know of another program which will allow this? Hi Alfred you can "share" a workbook in excel 2000 (which allows for more than one person to open & edit it at once) ... have a look in Help you'll find details on how to do it, but basically the steps are: On the Tools menu, click Shar...

Cusotm Office 2007 install for English, Spanish, & Chinese users
Hi, I'm working on creating a custom install of Office 2007 for my various sites. These sites include users that speak English, Spanish and Chinese. I am a bit confused on how to use language packs in order to provide multi-lingual support. From my understanding, I need to download the Spanish and Chinese language pack and place the .msp files in the Updates folder on my network install point? Does this mean when office gets installed on a Chinese computer it will be in Chinese automatically? Or does the user need to "flip a switch" to make it Chinese language? The ...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Display Field Name as Text Listing if Value True from Checkbox Fields
Hi everyone! I have 40 or so columns in a table using the yes/no data type. Each record in the table represents an audit of a paper form. Those items filled incorrectly or incompletely on the paper form receive a check on an access form during the audit process. I would like to create a feedback form based on the audit record that displays a listing of fields that received the check boxes, or rather, were incomplete or incorrect on paper form that was audited. On the feedback form, I only want to display something like this: "Your form had the following errors: ErrorFieldOneName Erro...

Page Cannot Be Displayed....
I have 2 clients that have intermittent loss of access to CRM 3.0 via the web browser. One is running XP, the other Win 2000. I have applied all patches and updates to Windows, Office, CRM and CRM Client, everything. There are times it will work one minute and not the next, and sometimes it will work for a day or 2. The Browser says Page Cannot be Displayed. Trying to access CRM through Outlook give an error saying something about an Authentication error. (I don't have the exact error message at this time). All other clients on the network are having no issues with CRM via the we...