several e-mail accounts not shown in expanded

Hi,
I have three e-mail accounts n outlook.
Whenever I open outlook these accounts
are not expanded i.e. the folders under it are not shown
and everytime I need to push the plus sign on the left.
Is there a way to make outlook expend the e-mail folder view
automatically?

0
t24680 (116)

exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have three e-mail accounts n outlook.
> Whenever I open outlook these accounts
> are not expanded i.e. the folders under it are not shown
> and everytime I need to push the plus sign on the left.

Don't confuse "account" and "Personal Folders" (PST) file.  They're not the
same thing.  Typically, all POP and Exchange accounts in Outlook use the
same set of folders.  If you have multiple sets, then you added the PSTs
yourself and you sort incoming messages using rules to the appropriate PST.
While you may sort based on the incoming account, the PST isn't tied to that
account in any way.

> Is there a way to make outlook expend the e-mail folder view
> automatically?

For Outlook 2003 that I use at work, both my Exchange mailbox folders and my
PST folders remain expanded, while my IMAP folders do not.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
6/14/2005 2:26:29 PM
my 2 pop and 1 imap folder do not remain expendad and I still dont
understand why.
In outlook express they were always expended but in putlook they are not.
I dont know why a simple expansion can not be done in outlook.

> exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have three e-mail accounts n outlook.
>> Whenever I open outlook these accounts
>> are not expanded i.e. the folders under it are not shown
>> and everytime I need to push the plus sign on the left.
>
> Don't confuse "account" and "Personal Folders" (PST) file.  They're not
> the same thing.  Typically, all POP and Exchange accounts in Outlook use
> the same set of folders.  If you have multiple sets, then you added the
> PSTs yourself and you sort incoming messages using rules to the
> appropriate PST. While you may sort based on the incoming account, the PST
> isn't tied to that account in any way.
>
>> Is there a way to make outlook expend the e-mail folder view
>> automatically?
>
> For Outlook 2003 that I use at work, both my Exchange mailbox folders and
> my PST folders remain expanded, while my IMAP folders do not.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
t24680 (116)
6/14/2005 3:03:05 PM
exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote:

> my 2 pop

There's only one PST used as the delivery location no matter how many POP
accounts you have.  If you use more than one PST it's because you have rules
that move messages from the delivery PST to the second PST.  Are you saying
that the delivery PST doesn't remain expanded either?

> and 1 imap folder do not remain expendad and I still dont
> understand why.

I don't think IMAP PSTs stay expanded ever.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
6/14/2005 5:33:44 PM
I have no problem about personel folders.
I am talking about usual hotmail accounts that I use in outlook.
I have 2 hotmail accounts and I use them in outlook.
and everytime they are opened not expended.
THAT IS IT!
MY PRBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PST!

0
t24680 (116)
6/14/2005 5:41:11 PM
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:41:11 +0200, "exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have no problem about personel folders.
>I am talking about usual hotmail accounts that I use in outlook.
>I have 2 hotmail accounts and I use them in outlook.
>and everytime they are opened not expended.
>THAT IS IT!
>MY PRBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PST!

Hotmail account folders cannot be made to open expanded.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Chicago, Illinois, USA
exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have no problem about personel folders.
> I am talking about usual hotmail accounts that I use in outlook.
> I have 2 hotmail accounts and I use them in outlook.
> and everytime they are opened not expended.
> THAT IS IT!
> MY PRBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PST!

Well, even Hotmail data is kept in a PST.

Like IMAP folders, I don't think Hotmail folders ever stay expanded.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Can't find LDAP Directory Server for sending my mail
I am using my Outlook a lot. Have many contacts in my outlook system. When I like to look them up as a list, I get "Cant find LAPD directory server (81). My address book is not listing all the contacts that I have emailed to. Hope that you can help. Arthur Grin agrin <agrin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using my Outlook a lot. Have many contacts in my outlook system. > When I like to look them up as a list, I get "Cant find LAPD > directory server (81). My address book is not listing all the > contacts that I have emailed to. Hope that you can help. ...

Exporting mailing list to MS Word using Mail Merge
I am having trouble using the Mail Merge fuction on MS Word 2003. I cannot import list from saved .xls file in Excell 2003. I have full customer information fileds including name, address, and city/state fields but cannot import these fields to Word to create mailing labels.Need help! Thank You Each entry in the excel file needs to be on one row. Example: A2 = lastname1, B2 = firstname1, C2 = Address1, D2 = state1 ... A3 = lastname 2, B3 = firstname2 etc etc Make sure there is no other information on that sheet (except possibly column headers) Then in Word, using the mail me...

So, I guess I am in need of help with an "IF THEN" statement here... I have 18k records on a sheet. I am trying to 'auto-evaluate' the database - I don't want to send 10 catalogs to 1 address if there are 10 customers. I just want to send 2 for up to 5 customers, 3 for 5+... I don't want to waste that much paper (both capital, and physically, paper). I was hoping I could simply filter down the listings, not from 10 to 1, but from 10 to 3, and from 5 to 2... Does this make sense? Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks, ...

how do I copy several lines of word text into one excel cell?
In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each line pastes into a different cell) You can either double click the cell or press F2 key to get into edit mode for the cell, then the text pasted would all go into the cell. -Simon "jhh" wrote: > In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one > excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each > line pastes into a different cell) thank you SO much Simon CC - ...

adding Associated External Account en masse?
I have 2 seperate Active Directory domains/forests (A (2003), and B (2000)). The A domain has an Exchange 2003 server in it. The B domain has 400 user accounts in it and no email server. I have created a 1-way outgoing Trust going from domain A(trusting) to domain B(trusted). I also created user accounts in domain A that mirror all of the accounts in domain B. I can successfully add a user account from B to a mailbox in A and assign the external associated account permission to it. Does anyone know of a script out there that could automate this process for me? We wrote a similar script fo...

Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook
Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook after recent updates any suggestions ? Thanks JGM -- "Oh Lord, may I be directed what to do and what to leave undone. " (Fry) What happens when you try? What version of Outlook and what updates did you apply? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23vukPCwrDHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, JGM wrote: > Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook after recent updates > > any suggestions ...

How to stop Outlook 2K/XP from popping up asking for permission to send mail from a VB application
Once applied the latest security patches from Microsoft, OL on our VB app client machines keep popping up dialog box asking for permission to send mail using OL. Is there anyway to by pass this programmatically or by configuring OL client? Thanks a million. Bill Hello Bill, I don't think so, and I don't think there is a registry setting either. But having just retired (from an IT helpdesk position) I know our department seriously looked into this and in the end opted for "ClickYes" as a workaround until they got the software modified. I have pasted a hyperlink below. http...

recover deleted account in CRM 3.0
I have a user that deleted an entire account. What is the easiest way to recover it? Hi, if you have deleted it as opposed to deactivated it - sorry to say - you will need to reenter the account and its details. Once you delete an account it will be flagged for deletion by the crm deletion service. If you deactivated it - just re-activate it. Regards Mike "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F112C299-077A-4C66-A656-88DE8C21F9C0@microsoft.com... >I have a user that deleted an entire account. What is the easiest way to > recover it? ...

e-mail indvl rows to e-mail address w/in row
This is a longshot.... Any ideas on how to send individual rows of data, in separat documents, through Lotus R.5, to the e-mail addresses entered in Colum A of each row, preferably complete with the column headings -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following *may* give you a clue: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip86.htm Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "upstate_steve >" <<upstate_steve.16yz4c@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Ne...

Investment Account will not Delete
Hello, I have an ING account that I no longer use and is closed now. If I try to close or delete the account when I come back into Money another appears. I now have several ING Investment Accounts listed in Money (i.e. ING Direct Investment #1, #2, #3, etc) due to my multiple attempts to remove or even close so it would not show up. Any idea on how to fix this bug in Money 2007 Premium. My version is 16.0.125.1303. Thanks for any help in advance! In microsoft.public.money, Steven wrote: > >I have an ING account that I no longer use and is closed now. If I try to >c...

Junk mail limit?
When I try to create a new rule to move certain addresses into my junk mail folder, I get the following response "This Rule Could Not Be Created. Check Your Folder Options." I already have quite a few addresses going directly to my junk mail. Is there a limit on how many are allowed? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks! ...

Report showing dates of when accounts are balanced
Hello. Is there way in MS Money 2005 where I can recurse each of my credit card and bank accounts and create a report showing when it was balanced. As it is, I have to go to each account and look over to the left to see the "Balanced on" date. Just wondering if there is a faster way to view the info on a single page. Thanks for the help! John There used to be, but the page showing it disappeared in 2005 :-( -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your pr...

printing account register
Is it possible to print a portion of the account register? I want to print the register between certian dates, such as the current year, but I can't find the command to do that. Can anyone help? I thought I had been able to print this way in the past. Thanks. Reports|Income and Expenses|Account Transaction Report|Customize??? (I think that's the path, anyway.) "sbrown" <scbrown4@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:069101c37227$dc64cb30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to print a portion of the account > register? I want to print the register between cer...

New identities/accounts
I have 2 identities on OE and when I go through Message > Accounts > Add etc. I fill in the details and the new account shows in the accounts panels but the Inbox, Sent Items etc. don't show in the main OE screen. Does OE only allow two identities? BTW, for hotmail (actually, an address ending in .live.co.uk) should I use POP3 and SMTP? Which ports? WTIA. You are confusing Identities and Accounts. You can have one or more identities (File, Identities) each identity can have one ore more accounts (Tools, Accounts). Identities are used to keep mail separate as...

Printing Mailing Labels
My Application creates labels used to id products to be shipped to customers. It works very nicely, except when a customer's name is exceptionally long and when combined with other required info on the line, forces the text to wrap which then caused everything to get out of sych. I can't limit the length of text at the input stage, this data is used through out the application and is needed in its entirety. I have two thoughts. First, I thought there must be a way to get the system to truncate the last (right most) field, rather than wrap. Second, although this is probably ...

issue sending direct E-Mail
I am not able to send direct emails from our CRM 3.0 deployment. - We use an SMTP service - Sending email for a spceific account works fine. But sending "Direct email" for a bunch of selected accounts does not work. I do not see any error messages, but nothing ever happens. - I verified that the bulk email service is up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated Check the CRM Workflow Service is also running -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "appsmr" wrote: > I am not able t...

Blank E-mail After Upgrade to Outlook 2003
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 and now many of my e-mails (it appears that many are html) are coming across blank. Additionally, many of my messages are being downloaded twice. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues? ...

Money Into Your Paypal Account; As Shown On Oprah!
Read this message until the end, and you will find out how the money flows in easy !!!!. Follow the steps and it WILL work. Trust me !!!!!. It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. PROVEN ON OPRAH! Reported in the Wall Street Journal!!!! The only thing you need is : - E-MAIL ACCOUNT - PREMIER (FREE) or BUSINESS PAYPAL ACCOUNT - $6 on this account (The only investment) - 30 minutes of your time There is no limit on how much money you can recieve, and you haven't got anything to lose with this Business program. I will explain how it works !!!!!. Follow these 4 easy steps and i...

searching for mail address in outlook 2007
Hi, When I use instant search in outlook 2007 and search for part of an email address i don't find any mail, although I know for sure they exist in the mailbox. E.g. if I want to find all mail from people working at company X and I know they all have e-mail addresses ...@company_x.com. If I then search for company_x I get zero hits. Why? If I know one of their co-workers is named John Doe and I search for John Doe I find all mails from him. Jonas ...

Send mail
Hi. I have one external pdf writer from hp that use my exchage server for sending mail. After we have uppgrade our exchange servers to 2003 we can no longer use it. I can se that the unit is leaving mail at the smtp que but after that the are gone. When tracking the message we recive this : smtp:message submitted to advanced queuing smtp:started message submission to advanced queue smtp:message submitted to categorizer Hp says is pointing at that we are require autentication for the server. But what I will say is that we allow anonumus. I am able to logon with Telnet and send mail from a cp...

e-mail errors
I used to have Outlook Express e-mail. I can no longer get it. It is now microsoft and that is not my default e-mail anymore. How can I get my e-mail now? "Marilyn" <mkeene@grande.com> wrote in message news:37EEFE75-68DD-4A63-8110-0415A7913C7B@microsoft.com... >I used to have Outlook Express e-mail. I can no longer get it. It is now >microsoft and that is not my default e-mail anymore. How can I get my >e-mail now? Windows Mail is the same as OE as far as setting it up. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windo...

send mail fail using cable modem
I cannot send mail using a cable modem. receive works fine. I installed outlook express and it can receive/send using same account as outlook, but outlook fails to send. do not get ans error message, email just disappears in a "black hole" -- outlook version 9.0.0.3821 -- using a linksys LNE100TX nic Surely it is because the email account (SMTP server) is incorrectly setup. Re-read your mail service provider's instructions. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms curtis wrote: > I cannot send mail using a cable modem. receive works > fine. I install...

email AWAYS from one account even I tell it to use another email
I'm using Outlook 2003 fully patched, ok I haven't patched the French grammer checker and the infopath (neither of which I use) on Win XP Home SP2 fully patched. Anyhow, all my emails going out are showing up in the sent box with an incorrect email address. When I Create a New Message, one of the first things I do is select which email account the email message is to go out from. I'm selecting my pop3 email account. (The check mark is beside the pop3 account!) I type in my message, press the send button, and the email shows up in my sent box with a hotmail account on ...

how do i D/L E/M attachment 609031.pdf (49KB)
i have receiver an email attachment 609031.pdf (49KB) and dont know how to open it can any help me i am 82. The extension 'pdf' indicates that it is an acrobat portable document format (pdf). Thus you need to have a pdf reader installed on your computer. You can download one for free form http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html once installed by double-clicking on the attachment and selection open it should open for you. -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "alan rex bartholomew" wrote: > i have receiver an email attachment 609031.pdf (49KB) and don...

How can I set all mail in inbox as unread?
After I read email, it isn;t showing as opened. I tried to change it so it owuld and inadvertently changed all emails to show as opened. How do I switch it back. My computer was stoeln (with no backup) and trying to recreate what I had before is a REAL challenge! You can select the messages which you want to mark as unread again and then use Edit-> Mark as Unread or press CTRL+U. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Re...