Setting up Yahoo account in Outlook Express

My question is about: How do I configure Outlook Express
for POP access?

ISP:  I'm on a server at work

Email Client: Outlook Express

Type your feedback here:
 I can receive, but not send my Yahoo!
email.  I have followed the
instructions exactly to setup an
account on my Outlook Express 6 and my
Outlook 2003 at work.  Error messages
from OE are as follows:

The connection to the server has
failed. Account: 'Yahoo',
Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

Thanks for your help.  I'm giving up on hotmail, and
wanted to switch to Yahoo! I bought the $20 package from
Yahoo! that supposedly gives you POP3 access.

Jeff
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi - this is an Outlook newsgroup, not an Outlook Express one. Have you
checked with Yahoo's support pages for help with configuring your mail
client to use Yahoo via POP?

Can you go to a command prompt and type

telnet smtp.mail.yahoo.com 25 <enter>

and see a reply?

For OE questions, post in an OE group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services Community Newsgroups  web interface, click
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number.

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

Jeff wrote:
> My question is about: How do I configure Outlook Express
> for POP access?
>
> ISP:  I'm on a server at work
>
> Email Client: Outlook Express
>
> Type your feedback here:
>  I can receive, but not send my Yahoo!
> email.  I have followed the
> instructions exactly to setup an
> account on my Outlook Express 6 and my
> Outlook 2003 at work.  Error messages
> from OE are as follows:
>
> The connection to the server has
> failed. Account: 'Yahoo',
> Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
> No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0E
>
> Thanks for your help.  I'm giving up on hotmail, and
> wanted to switch to Yahoo! I bought the $20 package from
> Yahoo! that supposedly gives you POP3 access.
>
> Jeff

0
lanwench (7567)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

Outlook Recall Msg Process

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?