setting up word for sending emails

New Microsoft Office-Microsoft Internet Explorer has been installed but I
don't know how to set up forward emails to send
0
skmom29 (2)

SEt up Outlook using your ISP instructions for incoming/outgoing server.
Test Account Settings in the Account setup will tell you if you are
successful.  If not, then post the error message here and someone can help.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, skmom29 asked:

| New Microsoft Office-Microsoft Internet Explorer has been installed
| but I don't know how to set up forward emails to send

0
MillyS (3228)
4/30/2005 3:50:13 PM
how do i get back to setup outlook? Do i know what ISP instructions are? My
cable internet connection didn't ask me to change anything when I installed
Office 2003.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> SEt up Outlook using your ISP instructions for incoming/outgoing server.
> Test Account Settings in the Account setup will tell you if you are
> successful.  If not, then post the error message here and someone can help.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, skmom29 asked:
>
> | New Microsoft Office-Microsoft Internet Explorer has been installed
> | but I don't know how to set up forward emails to send

0
skmom29 (2)
4/30/2005 6:47:01 PM
ISP = Internet Service Provider.  You'll need to know what settings they
need you to use.  Ask them. Once you get past that step, maybe your problem
is an Outlook one that someone here can help you with.

Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook]
Acorn Training and Consulting
www.acorntraining.com.au

"skmom29" <skmom29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i get back to setup outlook? Do i know what ISP instructions are?
> My
> cable internet connection didn't ask me to change anything when I
> installed
> Office 2003.
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> SEt up Outlook using your ISP instructions for incoming/outgoing server.
>> Test Account Settings in the Account setup will tell you if you are
>> successful.  If not, then post the error message here and someone can
>> help.
>>
>> --�
>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
>> the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
>> account will be deleted without reading.
>>
>> After furious head scratching, skmom29 asked:
>>
>> | New Microsoft Office-Microsoft Internet Explorer has been installed
>> | but I don't know how to set up forward emails to send

0
gleeson_judy (322)

Intelligent Pivot Table with Large Data Sets
Pivot Tables are great with small datasets. Does anyone have suggestions of products that can datasource from a ODBC source and manage large datasets (1M+ rows), visualizing the dat in a crosstab/pivottable format ? Unfortunately the underlying logic in the PivotTable/MSquery link isn' too intelligent in that is always wants to read the whole darn databas table before even presenting a field list. I assume this is due to th abstraction of the data created by sticking MS/Query inbetween th Excel pivot table service and the actual datasource? Seems pretty simply from a conceptual POV: 1. ...

looping emails
I need to send emails to locations which come up in the query SELECT [LOCATION],[CUSTOMER],[ACCOUNT],[CUSTOMER_NAME],[PHONE] FROM [vw_PAST_DUE_LESSONS_EZPAY]' , each location shud get there own information emailed to them i have a temp table which i have created that stores the email addresses am reallly reallly new at this On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:26:42 GMT, "dtrivedi" <u62248@uwe> wrote: >I need to send emails to locations which come up in the query > > >SELECT [LOCATION],[CUSTOMER],[ACCOUNT],[CUSTOMER_NAME],[PHONE] >FROM [vw_PA...

difference send as / receive as
Hi, I know that if you want under E2K "service account" access to mailboxes you must give yourself "send as"/ and "receive as" access ". But can anyone please tell me the whaht is the difference between the two permissions ? Regards Jenny Jenny wrote: > Hi, > > I know that if you want under E2K "service account" access to mailboxes you > must give yourself "send as"/ and "receive as" access ". But can anyone > please tell me the whaht is the difference between the two permissions ? > > Regards Je...

How to export text from Excel to Word #2
Hi, Someone has given me a whole text document written in Excel 2002 and I wish to use it in Word as a doc file. I have copy pasted it but the cells come over too. I can't unformat it so I can manipulate the text as I need to. Can I get the text as plain text without the cells or should I get him to write it all out again this time in Word? I have searched around but now need to ask the experts. Thanks Rock Paste special as text? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law...

Automatic email of reports
Hi all Can reports be generated and sent automatically to given mail ids on a regular basis ? Pls advice via Crystal Reports, not an option with current out of box version v1.2. You can try externally controlling it via SDK approach. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Parasuraman" wrote: > Hi all > > Can reports be generated and sent automatically to given > mail ids on a regular basis ? > > Pls advice > > > ...

Still sending emails internally.
The situation . . I had two domains set-up to receive emails via exchange, I have transferred one domain out to a hosted service, when I send emails internally the emails are being delivered internally which is wrong I need them to hit the outside world instead of being delivered internally how can I achieve this . . Thanks JON Can you provide more details? Sounds like your server still thinks it's hosting the domain you've tried to offload. "jonnycool" <jonnycool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC071409-0316-41A1-A2C2-C2FA5AB8AC66@microsoft....

Best solution to retrieve email on the road using 56k dial up
Got a situation here. My boos who often travels home to the East Coast only has 56k dial up available. We host our own SMTP Exchange server here so normally via DSL he has a few options. OWA, Citrix, RWW. however he complains this takes to long to download and read his emails. He wants to be able to download and go offline. We do not use VPN so downloading to his Outlook is not an option. We all have POP3 mailboxes at our ISP for backup in case our Exchange server becomes unavailable. I'm thinking if there is a way I can turn off his email from coming here to the Exchange server so ...

Corporate or Workgroup, send from different accounts
I have been using Outlook 2000 (CW) in order to attach history to my contacts in ACT! This has been running well. The problem I've run into is I used to be able click on the "Send" button and choose a different email account to send from, I no longer have that option since I set up the workgroup settings. The email account that I can't send from is a Linux firewall account we use for internal emails...I can receive emails, but I can't reply or send new messages. They keep coming back as undeliverable. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. ...

printer security settings in registry from MFC or Win32API
Hi to all, I am trying to make a service for controlling print jobs for Win NT/2000/XP platform. I realized it would be very convenient to set the following printer security settings for USERS or Everyone Groups: Allow Print, Deny manage documents. I saw that it is possible to do that for 2000 and XP, but I did not find anything about setting Deny manage documents for NT. So, my first question is: Is it possible to set Deny manage documents for NT 4.0 in some other manner?? Later, I realized that registry value KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printe...

missing toolbar in Word's Help screen
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC When I try to access the Help system from Word 2008 (or Excel, for that matter), there is no toolbar at the top of the Help screen--there's no Search box, Topics, Back/Forward, Home, or Print buttons. The PowerPoint Help screen, on the other hand, does have its toolbar. I'm on a Mac PowerPC G4 running OS 10.4.11. <br><br>How can I make the toolbar available for Word's and Excel's Help screens? Click the oblong button at the right end of the Help window's Title Bar. HTH |:>) ...

Can Not Send Large Attachment? Maybe? Maybe Not?
When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the following error message: #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient ## My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server. I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange server? My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange server because the attachment was too large I would receive: 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit message size exceeds...

Set form field on double click
I am using MS Access 2003. I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review". The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field. That part works fine. I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and Title of Document. I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen: 1. Open another form "publications" 2. Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on. PLEASE help. I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused. As a kick in the right ...

Moving email folders/email msgs. from older version to Outlook 200
Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. Need help finding correct files and import/export process. "Greg G" <Greg G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C04831-4559-4F9A-9210-7B67575AC3CF@microsoft.com... > Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. > Need help finding correct files and import/export process. How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assi...

Editing a Visio drawing in Power Point sent via email?
I am trying to edit a flow-chart created using Visio 2000 and sent to me in a Power Point document, via email. I am using Visio Professional 2003. Thanks. is it really embedded (then of course where is the vsd file that it is related too)? Of course the flow chart addons are incompatible anyway. al "jim@techheat" <jim@techheat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B248240-4DF1-43C3-A2B3-881381462F09@microsoft.com... >I am trying to edit a flow-chart created using Visio 2000 and sent to me in >a > Power Point document, via email. I am using Visio Pro...

Need help storing all my emails before i redo my pc outlook 2003
i have microsoft outlook 2003 on windows xp i need to redo my pc but i dont want to loose my emails and contacts and I have too many things stored in files it'sjust too many things to move one by one thanks iris The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "IrisR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a1b901c434bd$d94a3940$a...

insert multiple page Word document into Excel
How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the Word document? Hi this is IMHO not the way Excel will work (and I doubt this is possible) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S.W." <S.W.@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D7087D76-A4F3-46BB-90A9-FEB054B24AEB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view > the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the > Word doc...

word document erased and saved
Have a user (office 2007, vista business) who is working on a document. Something happens and document is cleared and saved as blank document. Is there any scenario (apart from operator error) explaining this? I take it you have checked that the text hasn't been inadvertently formatted as hidden or in white color? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dcovington" <dcovington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AE949F5-0928-4AF8-AB1C-12968D34B14B@microsoft.com... > Have a user (office 2007, vista business) who is working on a document....

why can't i find the send button and how do I configure e-mail
I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the message tells me my address is not configured? Did you create a profile for Outlook to use? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm "LJDICKER" <LJDICKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211018AE-F489-4002-864E-FAEEC141AF6F@microsoft.com... > I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the > message tells me my address is not configured? ...

Duplicate Emails #9
I keep receiving the same emails over and over again. Sometmes they are on the same day; other times a few days later. I have Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123 and Norton Antivirus. Thanks ...

Outlook 2002 sends blank body emails
Hi All, I've been having this problem on and off for a couple of months. The frustrating thing about it that it only happens on a few emails and I don't seem to be able to replicate the issue on demand. Problem. When sending and replying to an email the body of the email is sent blank. It is sent thru to the recipient as blank and also appears in my sent items as blank. I send my emails as HTML through an exchange server. I'm using Outlook 2002 SP-2 (10.4712.4219) and Windows 2000 Professional. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regard gibby157 ...

Not receiving emails in my inbox
Hi Corentin, Not sure why this just stopped working...It was working fine for the last three years until today. We are on an Exchange server that PC users have Outlook. The network is on a remote server. How do I check the POP or IMAP server settings? Are the settings on this Entourage application? Thanks! Glenn On 12/16/09 10:05 AM, in article C74E8B96.E217%gsimone@nospam.comcast.net.invalid, "Glenn Simone" <gsimone@nospam.comcast.net.invalid> wrote: > We are on an Exchange server Try Control-Clicking your Inbox in the folder list and choosing Folder ...

Exchange Email Router to compatible with SBS 2003?
Just upgraded my installation of CRM 1.2 to 3.0 without hitches. So far so good. One slight lack of due diligence is just biting me in the backside: During installation of the Exchange Email Router, CRM Professional tells me that it cannot install on Small Business Server 2003 (with Exchange). Message is 'operating system version 5.2 is not supported [...]'. I do have access to CRM Small Business Edition through my MSDN subscription. Given that I have CRM Professional on the CRM server, will the CRM SBS Exchange Router work on the SBS 2003 Server? Soenke I'm having the sa...

Local settings
In my app I need to display and enter values in a (derived CEdit) using ',' or '.' depending on localsettings. Regardless of the setting of 'Control Panel | Regional Options | Numbers | Decimal Symbol' it will use the '.' How can I make sure both possibilities will be handled correctly. If oneone has an example it would help a lot I think Here is a function I wrote to insert comma separaters... This might help. The function takes a "value" and creates a string formatted with commas. In this case I don't use decimals, but this could easily be ...

microsoft word activating
hi I don't know if this is the right group to answer this but here goes I installed microsoft word and put in an incorrect name to be licensed to Now a box comes up and it will not activate How can I change the license name on the license agreement that one fills in at the beginning thanks ...

uninstall fonts in Word 2003
How can I uninstall fonts from the drop down menu in this program? There are too many to choose from and I don't use most of them... hate looking through the list each time I want to change fonts. If they're fonts you're never going to use anyway, you Delete them from the Fonts folder in Start > Control Panel. (But if they weren't stored somewhere else in your computer and installed from there, you should move them to a storage folder instead, so that when you do want them back, you can Install them again.) In Word2007, recently used fonts appear in a group at t...