Setting Up Multiple Users for Outlook 2003 with windows XP #2

Hi Kathleen - I originally installed office (Small Business Edition) over a
year ago. I entered my name and accepted the EULA at that time. Outlook has
run just fine since then for my original account with supervisor rights.

I created the new XP user account a few days ago, and would like to be able
to get Outlook running with this account using a separate .pst file and
email account.

When I try to run Outlook when I am logged in to the new account, I am not
given the opportunity to enter anything. The Windows Installer box runs for
a few seconds and then closes, and the second box opens with the error
message.

It appears that something is messed up - running under my original account
(with admin rights) when I inserted the Office Installation cd it could read
it ok (Windows Explorer box opens and displays file list), clicking on setup
starts the installation process, but after a few setup files are copied it
gives the message "The installation source for this product is not
available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it." Given
that the installation cd is still in the drive this is kind of puzzling.

I can get Outlook Express operating ok for the new account, but would really
like to get Outlook working.

Thanks

Dave Broughton

"K. Orland" <KOrland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Did you enter the username and accept the EULA in Outlook before you
> opened
> it?
> --
> Kathleen Orland
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "David Broughton" wrote:
>
>> Hi - I would like to be able to access Microsoft Outlook 2003 from each
>> of
>> two user accounts on a Windows XP home pc.
>>
>> Outlook works fine on my primary account which I have setup with
>> administrative rights. I added a second account (without administrative
>> rights).
>>
>> When I try to run Outlook from the new account it initiates a Windows
>> Installer box with a preparing to install message. This box disappears to
>> be
>> replaced by a Microsoft Office Outlook message box that says "The
>> operation
>> failed due to an installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If
>> the
>> problem persists, please reinstall".
>>
>> There is a corresponding entry in the event viewer application log as
>> follows
>>
>> Event Type: Warning
>> Event Source: MsiInstaller
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 1004
>> Date:  10/21/2005
>> Time:  9:50:20 AM
>> User:  USER-0MBOMQ6UXR\MaryJane
>> Computer: USER-0MBOMQ6UXR
>> Detection of product '{91CA0409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}', feature
>> 'OutlookUserData', component '{8ADD2C9C-C8B7-11D1-9C67-0000F81F1B38}'
>> failed.  The resource
>> 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\UserData' does
>> not
>> exist.

>> Needless to say the provided link does not provide any useful
>> information.
>>
>> I have the Office SP2 installed.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Dave Broughton

Ingenico i6550 on 2.0.0114
Hi All, I am having a hard time finding any information on installation and configuration of the i6550. Would anyone out there be willing to share their documentation and/or procedures with me? I followed the KB article 935588 but all I get is a blank screen once the device boots. I have gleaned that I need several things to make this work: Form Designer for the device Ingenico OPOS driver newer than 2.4 (?) Better configuration documentation Sample receipt template (?) I would appreciate any detailed documentation that I can get my hands on. Thanks all very much! I installed 7 of th...

Help! Can't open my Outlook 2003
Message I get is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Need suggestion on what to do please. What type of email account do you use? Did it work before? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

outlook not good
Help: Since I loaded Outlook on Thursday (as part of an Office 2003 upgrade) I have not been able to find (or receive?) e-mails on Outlook whereas I still receive and find e-mails easily on Outlook Express (which came with my Comcast broadband service) ... any clues as to what I'm doing wrong regarding Outlook e-mail? Thank you in advance for your help. any clues? - not really you dont give any error msgs or? Tried, in OL, Importing yr mail settings from OE? David "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391701c3e297$a9268980$a401280a...

how to implement User Interface Thread.
Hi guys, i am performing some task on picture Box rectangle under worker thread, in between i am changing size of picture box rectangle , and immediately i got error message RtlFreeHeap(), i think this is due to i am changing rectangle size that are used by worker thread. so what is the solution of this problem , user interface thread is the solution of this problem, i am not very sure about the solution, please tell me what is the exact solution of this problem. Not sure exactly what you mean but you should not change the size of a window from worker thread. You should post a custom messag...

sheet tab #2
I want to change font size of sheet 's name. What should I do? thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=46907739-afa1-4f71-aca6-a3a341bef4ec&dg=microsoft.public.exc...

action when window becomes visible
Hello, I am using the DoModal() function to open a dialog. I want this dialog to automatically call some functions when it has become visible. Is the a windows message which is called when a window has become visible? Greeting Marco Try simply posting a custom message at the end of OnInitDialog. In its handler you can call the functions you want. If that does not work for you, try OnShowWindow. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Marco Jonker" <mjonker1@acta.nl> wrote in message news:epGzc5ikDHA.2964@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... | Hello, | | I am using the DoModa...

Comparing 2 columns
Column A is full of names (none repeating). Column B has names as well, and the same name MIGHT already be in column A. I want a formula in column C that will first look at cell B1, then search all of Column A, and either answer YES or NO if it is found. I though an If statement would work, but it isnt. I wrote the following - =IF(B1=(A1:A25),"Yes","No") However, this is only returning NO as an answer, even if the name in B1 IS located in the range of A1:A25. Am I doing something wrong, or does this only work for values and not text ? Using Excel 2000, SP2 ly...

Access 2003 & the Database Documenter
I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on myapplication code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the"Database Documenter".Did they take it out of Access 2003 or did they hide it in some differentplace that I am not seeing?Help?-- Peace & happy computing,Mike Labosh, MCSD MCTOwner, vbSensei.Com"Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSensei > I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on my> application code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the> "Database Documenter".Nevermind, I f...

Create Pareto Chart in Excel? #2
Thanks for the responses. The data is in a sorted frequenc distribution. I have the data analysis add-in installed, but i couldn' locate the data analysis pull down or the histogram with pareto option I'm running excel 2000, I can still create a pareto with this versio correct -- Tycon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tycon22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27698 The bottom entry on the Tools menu should be "Data Analysi...

User Is Prompted for Password That Is Already Saved
I really need help with this one. I save the password in my Outlook (2002), but it remembers it for only 1 session. The next time I start Outlook, it asks me for my password again. Why is this happening and how can i fix this? I looked for this all over the Microsoft Knowledge Base and the best answer for this i could find was to install SP1 and SP2. Both of them are already installed on my computer. If anyone has any ideas about how this could be fixed, please let me know. Thanks in advance, Kamran If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, t...

Sharing out a users calendar
I a trying to share out one of my users calendar, something I have done countless times before, but this time it is giving me an error. We have Outlook 2002 SP2 running on NT Workstation 4 SP6, I am able to set permissions on the calendar itself, but when go to set permissions on the "Mailbox - User" it gives me "The modified permission could not be saved. The client operation failed." Any suggestions? Thanks Eric To share the calendar, you don't need to share anything on the root folder ("sharees" will be able to use file | open other user's folder ...

CRM 3.0
Hi, I have been reading forums for a while now and have tried basically everything that I could get my hands on to try and resolve my problem and have not been successful. Here is my setup, the problem and then followed by what I have tried: Setup: --------- SBS 2003 Server 4 Gig of Ram, CRM 3.0 GIGbit Lan Mixture of XP and Vista PCs. (Total of 10 stations using the CRM) Problem: ------------ I have changed IE User Authentication to prompt for username and password. Login with any user account using IE 7 on XP or Vista. The Side Panel and Header display almost instantly. The First page is t...

Outlook closes when opened
Almost every time i try to open my mail in Internet Explorer using Outlook 2003 outlook closes. THe only way i can read my mail is after I reboot and check for any errors in the system. Any answers out there. ...

Outlook 2010 04-19-10
Testing Office 2010 but before using any of the suite need to setup up Outlook first but cannot Import CSV file addressbook from either 2003 or 2007 in to it. Error message "Invalid SAM ID" and following global search it can be done with a "translator" but no one seems to know where to get it from so still cannot use Outlook. Although a beta product Outlook is specifically a communications application but not being able to easily import your contacts makes the application totally useless! I would have thought that MS would have at least made sure that the mos...

Can't see 2 open workbooks listed in the Window tab
Using Excel 2003 When I have two workbooks open I think I should see both of the workbooks listed in the Window tab on the Menu Bar. I only see the workbook file I am in. What can I do to correct this? This is not a question on charting, but let's be nice for a change :-) The 'problem' you describe pops up when you open Excel twice, what might happen when you double-click the file from the Explorer to open it while Excel already is open. It will not happen if you have Excel open and open the file from within. HTH, Henk "TomD" wrote: > Using Excel 2003 &...

Access 2000 to 2003 Conversion
Hi, We are about to move to 2003 from 2000. While the Access 2000 file format is compatible with 2003 I wanted to find out if there are reasons we should try and convert all our databases to 2003? Are we going to have any issues if we leave them in the 2000 format and just use them in 2003? Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council The 2002/2003 format is supposed to be faster and more stable than the 2000 format. Microsoft's recommendation is that if everyone is using Access 2002 or 2003 you should use the new format. However, if the 2000 format is working satisfacto...

List privilege for install, start and stop service on Windows Serv
Hi, Could you help me to find answer for following question please? I need to give rights to one of developers for service installation, starting and stopping. I would like to avoid giving him administrator privileges. Is any way to achieve the goal? This article may help. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782435(WS.10).aspx -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Piotr" wrote: > Hi, > Could you help me ...

Outlook 2000 (Win2K Pro) connection problems
Hi Everyone, I have a few workstations that cannot connect to an Exchange 2000 server from Outlook 2000 (Win2k Pro). Access is still available via OWA and everything was working as of this past Friday. I receive a "The logon credentials supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again." error message when the correct credentials are supplied and tried to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652/en-us KB with no success. On my XP Pro workstation with Office 2000, I am able to connect as normal. So far I have tried, re...

help with outlook 2002 XP
I deleted an old exchange server account as it always showed an error when send/receiving. When I did this I lost all inboz and calendar -- can I retrieve any of this data??? Also cannot even send emails as message pops up saying no data files available. ANy thoughts? ...

Restrict user from sending messages as somebody else?
I have a user that is part of the Administrator group so he can do our backups here at work, the problem that I have is that he is sending messages as other users which I want to restrict him from doing. How can I make this happen? We are using Windows Server 2003/Exchange 2003 sp2/Outlook 2003 "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote in message news:%23twPSbvmGHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user that is part of the Administrator group so he can do our >backups here at work, the problem that I have is that he is sending >messages as...

outlook backup #5
my HDD crashed, the technician took the whole disk backup in a new HDD. I searched for .Pst but couldnt locate. Please advise the procedure for locating .pst file, address book & also procedure to import the message & address book in the new outlook. I am using windows Xp (home) & office XP. I have data in both microsoft outlook & outlook exp. First, search within hidden folders to find your PST. Second, do NOT import it. Just reuse it. All you data is in that one file. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm...

Outlook damaged PST file
have run the Inbox Repair tool on what Outlook tells me is a damaged PST file. I do not get an option to repair the file. I have moved the file so that it is not available to Outlook but it still appears in the Mail pane as a folder. I can't remove it. I would just like to get rid of it. If I leave the damaged file so that Outlook can access it I also can't remove it since I get a message that elements are missing. Once you've moved the file, you should be able to right-click the entry in the mail pane and select Close. -Peter "DonBob" <DonBob@discussions.micr...

"Unable to display folder" accessing additional mailboxes in Outlook 2003 as administrator
Article 262399 properly describes the process, however for a new machine with Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 (on console), this right appears to be already granted to all mailboxes. That is "domain"\administrator already has full mailbox access although it appears greyed out on purpose. Deleting and re-adding is not allowed. So, if one logs onto the console as an administrator and adds the additional mailboxes to the exchange server profile, one gets the typical "unable to display folder" when clicking on the mailbox in Outlook 2003. Even though th...

Missing contacts Exchange 2003
Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? Thanks AD contacts show up in the GAL. Each user has their own private contacts folder. -GT "Tomek" <tomaszch@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7eda0bae.0409180906.1c7c6ce2@posting.google.com... > Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a > way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? > > Thanks ...

Every new email
XP Pro SP1, Win2003, Office 2003 Pro SP1 via Assigned Computer Policy in GPO. We had a working Office 2003 Pro admin point for months. We setup a new package to rollout SP1 per MS directions. We simply added a policy pointing to the new installation. Upon the first few end-user logins, all seemed to work as designed. Then all hell broke loose. Some users started having problems attaching Word documents (Word only, all others work) to Outlook outgoing messages. It would throw error 1394 "Invalid characters exist in Application Data". Other users have a very different, yet huge...