setting up multiple email accounts

I'm attempting to add a second email account and at
present cannot get beyond test settings.  After
completing the required entrys I select test settings and
it passes all (establish connections and log on) tests
except the test email send.  I receive a message that
indicates I need to check my port (using defaults) and
the SSL boxes are not checked.  My other account is my
personal email address (mindspring) and it is working
fine and I'm using defaults.  I setup the new email
account (a company I'm consulting with) with standard
setting except for I have it log onto the server first,
no impact I tried both on and off.  Are there other port
options?  or what should I try next.
0
anonymous (74722)

Is the company with whom you are consulting using ISP mail or an Exchange
Server?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, MH asked:

| I'm attempting to add a second email account and at
| present cannot get beyond test settings.  After
| completing the required entrys I select test settings and
| it passes all (establish connections and log on) tests
| except the test email send.  I receive a message that
| indicates I need to check my port (using defaults) and
| the SSL boxes are not checked.  My other account is my
| personal email address (mindspring) and it is working
| fine and I'm using defaults.  I setup the new email
| account (a company I'm consulting with) with standard
| setting except for I have it log onto the server first,
| no impact I tried both on and off.  Are there other port
| options?  or what should I try next.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Cannot syncronize accounts in different currencies on my pocket
Hello, I often need to manage accounts in different base currencies but it seems that accounts different from base currency, do no appear on pocket pc 2005. I am using money 2005 on my desktop and recently downloaded pocket money 2005 to my ipaq. This seems to be a serious limitation. any suggestions? Thanks It is a (one of the) limitation of the pocket pc client. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://regi...

Outside Email Not Received
When we went home on Monday, we turned off our server due to forecasted bad thunderstorms -- which were indeed as bad as they were predicted. This morning, I powered up the SBS2003 Server, with Exchange Server 2003 SP1 included - and we can get internal email, but not external email. I've looked in the logs, I see nothing there that says there are any backups. I've sent myself several emails, and haven't received any of them. What on earth could be happening? Please help before I personally strangle the one person this allegedly really matters to. Thanks! (I'll prob...

Multiple Series Pie Charts
Is there a way to display multiple series pie charts in excel? Was thinking the Pie Charts could be displayed next to one another. Thanks, Chad Chad - Make a pie chart, not as a separate chart sheet, but located on a worksheet (a blank one, if you like). Make another and position it on the worksheet next to the first. Etc. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Chad BATES wrote: > Is there a way to display multiple series pie charts in > excel? Was thinking the Pie Charts could be displayed > next to...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Modifying dialog for incoming emails
good morning from germany, how can i customize the dialog which tells me that i have some new incoming email, f.g. name of sende, date and time or some other email related infos. thx patric What version of Outlook? If Outlook 2003, you can customize the rules for displaying an alert from specified individuals. Tell us your version and more detailed information (and IF it can be done in your version) will be forthcoming. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Patric" <sokrates1973@aol.com> wrote in message ne...

printing multiple excel files from the directory
hi is there any way to print multiple xcel files from the directory instead of opening each file individually and then pressing control - p. i need to print about 100 excel files in a single directory. and is there a way to set default print settings so that the files all end up in landscape format, 1 sheet wide and as tall as necessary? this seems an obvious thing people would want to do, but i can't find an obvious solution. thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can do this by using Windows Explorer. Highlight all the files to print, right click and print....

Error while Archiving email
I am getting error while trying to archive email from Exchange Mailbox to archive file. Here is the error Error while archiving "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-<user name>". Unknown error I created new archive file and tried to archive I keep getting same error. I tried this from different workstation too. I am administrator on local machine and running Windows 2000 pro with SP4 and Office XP with SP3, my email is on Exchange 2000 server with SP3. Any help on this is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Dinesh ...

Retirement 403b account and budgeting
Hi, I'm trying to setup my budget and How I'm doing on my budget report to register my employer matching 403b account. I'm having 2 major problems with my account. 1) When I schedule a deposit into the cash transations of my 403b account, it doesn't show up on my budget planner as a scheduled payment as the others do. I have to enter it in manually. 2)I have to uncheck the "retirement account" option in the account details for the report to recognize my account in the report at all. It seems like something very strange is going on here. Is there a fix or a...

Removing attachments from multiple emails
Hi: I searched to get all emails with attachments that are from last year or older. Now I want to select them all and remove the attachments from all of them, but keep the messages. I can do this one email at a time by opening it up, right clicking and choosing "remove", but how do I do this for several emails at once? Is there something in Outlook that will allow me to do this or is there a third party tool? Thanks, Kayda There are many third-party tools to add this functionality to Outlook. = See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

set limit for one year prior
trying to write a query to select occupdate for one year prior to toustartdate where occupdate < (toustartdate - 365) where occupdate < (toustartdate - 1 year) don't work I'm sure it's a simple solution - can someone help me out. Ian (Ian@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > trying to write a query to select occupdate for one year prior to > toustartdate > > where occupdate < (toustartdate - 365) > where occupdate < (toustartdate - 1 year) > don't work These WHERE clauses would return rows where occupdate is one or more bef...

Need to set up a slide with 4 text boxes on same page.
Want to end up with 4 "bulleted" boxes that I can to show 4 strategies and associated task on same page. Also, if possible have each one drop in individually to allow flow conrol for the presentation Are you asking a question about how to do that or having trouble with part of that? If the former, just create four separate text boxes with bulleted text, you are not limited to only one text box per slide. Use the Custom Animation, Effects Options, Text Animation settings to control the entrance of the bullet points. Since you didn't say what version of PowerPoi...

Button To Print Workbook With Certain Settings
hi, in a workbook i have 52 numbered sheets. they are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. on the first sheet i have two buttons. i need some coding help with the buttons. basically i want the first button (called even) to print all the even sheets in the workbook. and the second button will print the odd sheets in the workbook. also i want different margin settings for each button. the even button will need a left margin of 0.5 and the odd button will need a right margin of 0.5 - while all the other margins remain 0.2. i am hoping that this is possible. i tried recording the marcos but i am not...

Associated external Account #2
Dear all, Just got some of our exch2k users migrated to another org exch2k3. Found that associated external account rights which never seen before in 2k. Wish to know the purpose of this account and when is the best time to use it. Please help and thousand thanks. regards Granting Access to External Accounts http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/8c4befe3-3815-4b6b-a759-1e5a2878499d.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Elton Seng Yan Thung" <sengy01@pd.jaring.my> wrote in message news:enFBAvpwFHA...

Forward multiple emails
I am trying to pull together several emails from multiple sources and forward them out with a new email cover letter. I am trying to avoid forwarding each email separately. I want the emails to arrive together with the new email giving a summary of each. Select all the messages and press Forward. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Hendrix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3bbf01c48f9d$4aabd870$a301280a...

delivered email coming back undelivered
I am sending out email on using Msoft Outlook and it is getting to the recipient; however, I am getting email messages back from "System Administrator" that the email was undeliverable. Also when I would compose emails and got to my address book some of the folders were not available or seem to have changed locations. At the same time I was having problems opening up appointment windows in my Msoft Calendar program and getting a message that the folder could not be found. When I rebooted this went away. I have done a Norton virus scan but nothing came up. Any ideas? RickyG w...

setting up outlook 2000 with hotmail
I can't get my outlook to accept hotmail--the help section says "Start Outlook, and on the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click to select the Add a new E-mail Account option, and then click Next.In the Server Type dialog box, click HTTP." there is no E-mail Accounts tab, no Add a new E-mail account option , and no HTTP option. Can anyone tell me what to type in to the lines requesting incoming mail (pop3) and outgoing mail (smtp)? 1) Look on Help, About. It sounds like you have corp mode. You need IMO mode to have accounts. 2) Does ...

Creating a new document from a multiple paged Excel document
Can I save only one page of an existing Excel multiple page document? If so, how? Thanks to anyone that can take the time to answer/instruct. Right-click the sheet tab that you want, and hit Move or Copy. Choose "Create a copy" and then, from the dropdown, choose "new book". **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBDECC6-2432-41D4-99F2-C1EF10B1EC1F@microsoft.com... > Can I save only one page of...

Receiveing the same email twice ??
when I receive some message the same message is downloaded twice or if the message is already in the inbox, it is downloaded for a second time. I am having this with outlook 2002 & 2003 on different PC's and when I use outlook express on both PC's, I dont get the proplem. Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening, Please, please, please. ...

unable to set a record as private (activities)
Microsoft CRM v3 Customers and prospects are requesting the ability to mark a record (primarily notes and emails) as private such that only the owner and other internal party users on the record are able to open it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

duplicate emails?
I just switched my Outlook Express account to Hotmail and I seem to be getting 2 or duplicates of any emails that are sent to me. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mark pajosenden(deletethis)@hotmail.com I have found that if I set my OE to NOT OPEN IN THE INBOX the duplication does not occur. You may want to go over to the following site and look further for a solution: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6f8f01c42fb5$2ba22850$a601280a@phx.gbl... I just switched my Outlook Expres...

Multiple e-mail account in MS Outlook 2003
I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send from all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any suggestions? Does each account use the same account properties? (e.g. same mailbox name, userid, and password.) "Crazy Squaw" <Crazy Squaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78F4A600-8A92-4011-8E4C-6094A77DEF4A@microsoft.com... >I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send >from > all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any > suggestions? ...

Unable to open Outlook XP Email
I began having problems when trying to open email with attachments in Outlook XP (running Windows XP Pro) about 3 weeks ago. When I try to open email with attachments, my PC will sometimes hang-up, requiring a reboot, even after which the email will not open (known safe source). The frequency of occurrence seems to be going up. Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly apprecated. Thanks. Glenn Try it again with the virusscanner and virusscanner integration disabled. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Me...

Post department hours to unit accounts in General Ledger
I would like to see the hours that are allocated to departments in Payroll, also be posted to unit accounts in General Ledger. Currently we have to do this manually for doing analytical reporting on financial statements (Sales per man hour or SPH) by taking numbers off the payroll posting journals and then reentering them as a JE in General Ledger. Thank you. -- Douglas J Karel Pax vobiscum ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Unable to reply to received email
Help!! After setting up the services the test works fine sending and receiving. I can send email with no problem. When I try to reply to an email I get the following: 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <addres> to <address> for 170.215.92.219. Anyone give me help with this one? It all started after my computer went down during a power outage. I reloaded outlook, then because of other problems I relaoded XP. When I imported the data from my old files the problem was still there. Any help would be appreciated. Your ISP may require that you ...

how do i set up outlook using my existing internet email account?
I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:18:29 -0800, Clayton wrote: > I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was > previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. Ask your ISP. They should be able to talk you through. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...