setting up meeting on calendar

In work, when we set up unit meetings, my boss sends the email, and
you send back by choosing if you are going to attend or not.  If you
choose to attend, it puts the meeting on your calendar.

ANyone know how to do this?

The Billy
0
me5306 (285)

Use File->New->Meeting.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Det. Sipowicz <me@here.com> asked:

| In work, when we set up unit meetings, my boss sends the email, and
| you send back by choosing if you are going to attend or not.  If you
| choose to attend, it puts the meeting on your calendar.
|
| ANyone know how to do this?
|

| The Billy

0
MillyS1 (1480)

How do I set Outlook to reply always in RTF?
Gurus, I have MS Outlook 2003 configured to compose messages in RTF. But when I reply, the default is to reply in the way the original message came in so if it came in HTML the reply is in HTML. How do I set Outlook to reply always in RTF? On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:07:39 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >I have MS Outlook 2003 configured to compose messages in RTF. But when I >reply, the default is to reply in the way the original message came in so if >it came in HTML the reply is in HTML. How do I set Outlook to reply always >in RTF? >...

Graphing two sets of comparative data over quarters for several places #2
Hello, I am trying to graph some statistics that look like this: REGION DERBY LINCOLNSHIRE CLEVELAND NEWCASTLE LANCASHIRE SHEFFIELD MANCHESTER HULL CUMBRIA Registered Users 1531 1102 959 1389 537 297 Visitors 1085 619 774 5098 TOTAL 2616 1102 1578 1389 1311 297 5098 Quarterly Target 400 1000 250 1250 750 Annual Target 1600 4000 1000 5000 3000 Registered Users 564 746 1744 1623 3712 378 0 276 223 Visitors 1087 0 1905 TOTAL 1651 746 1744 1623 3712 378 0 2181 223 Quarterly Target 400 1000 250 1250 0 750 0 0 0 Annual Target 1600 4000 1000 5000 0 3000 0 0 0 Es...

Subform shows over control set to bring to front.
I have a text box and a rectangle filled in. I also have a subform that I wish to be behind the text box and rectangle until called. Subform is set modal=no, popup=no. Problem is: Even sending subform to back and controls to front....the subform always shows through. Is there a way to resolve? Or do I have to make all subforms invisible until called? -- Thanks for your help, Chris ...

Outlook won't send meeting requests
For some reason outlook has been failing to send any e-mails after I send a meeting request to a contact. Everytime I send a meeting request it gets stuck in my outbox and won't transmit. Of course, because the calendar appointment won't transmit, it doesn't let me send any e-mails after that. Why would this happen and what can I do to stop it from happening? ...

Service calendar Views?
I'm sure I'm missing a trick here. On the Service calendar the only view I have is all resources. How can I create custom views that allow me to display a selection of resources? I grouped resources into resource groups but have yet to find any use for having things in a resource group! Hi Pat, I am afraid you cannot create custom Service calender views. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Pat Horridge" wrote: > I'm sure I'm missing a trick ...

WLM set up
How does one interface with Windows newsgroup using Windows live mail which is installed in my pc? When I try to setup an account I am not sure what to enter in the boxes. Comcast dropped support so I hope WLM will allow me to exchange comments with windows xp help and support and others. Thank you GIYF: "Add an e-mail, newsgroup, or contacts directory account" http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?market=en-US&project=WL_Mailv2&querytype=topic&query=OutlookExpressLivev1_PROC_AddAccount.htm [I believe the above is an excerpt from the WLM Help file.] --- Leon...

Taking settings across PSTs
Hi I need to replace my existing pst with a new one as existing pst is too full. Is there a way to transfer across Rules and Categories from existing pst to a new pst? Thanks Regards Outlook version please? Have you tried reducing your .pst file by removing attachments, emptying your deleted items folder, archiving, etc.? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, John asked: | Hi | | I need to replace...

How do I set a standard shape size in Visio 2003
Im trying to design a set of work flowcharts. At the moment the basic shape size is way too large and im having to change each shape size manually. There must be a way to set the size of the basic shapes. Anyone know how? You can change the size of the shapes on the local stencil and any copy of that shape on the drawing will change. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.micr...

In Publisher, how do I set up a document, like a postcard, to pri.
I've created a postcard in Publisher 2000 that I want to print on Avery cardstock that would have 4 cards on one page. The program settings I've played with only allow 1 card in the middle (like you would take to a printer), and I can't find a way to print four on the page. Help? Have you checked your Page Set-up settings? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Elitewriter" <Elitewriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46C3B63F-B196-4634-8A5C-C0D20273FE65@microsoft.com... > I've created a postcard in Publisher 2000 that I want t...

how do i set up a two-fold card in word?
i simply want to make a two-fold card in word. . . surely there's a way! Word is a word processor.. Publisher is a desktop publishing program.. "gypsiesoul420@hotmail.com" <gypsiesoul420@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AC70767-CE42-4F3A-BE51-17B179D3F62A@microsoft.com... >i simply want to make a two-fold card in word. . . surely there's a way! gypsiesoul420@hotmail.com wrote: >i simply want to make a two-fold card in word. . . surely >there's a way! =========================== Go to the Microsoft Office website and hav...

How to adjust default meeting length in Outlook 2003 Calendar?
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 and I'd like to know if it's possible to set up the calendar to create 1 hour meetings (automatically) if I have the time setting set to 10 minutes. As it is, when set to 10 minute intervals on the 5 day view, the meetings default to 10 minutes, so I assume there's a connection between the two. Is there a way to have 10 (or 15) minute time periods displayed, but have a meeting show up as 1 hour from whatever time period you enter it into? Thanks, Norm No. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

can't open Calendar or service calendar
when i try to open the calendars, i get the following error "an error has occurred. for more information, contact your system admin'. I unstalled the Rollup update to the server, so i'm not sure what else i can do. here is a copy of the iis log. Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 2/21/2007 Time: 8:57:43 PM User: N/A Computer: FAB-01-SRV01 Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 2/21/2007 8:57:43 PM Event time (UTC): 2/22/2007 1:57:43 AM Event ID: f15...

ChtmlView set property
Hello I am using CHtmlView to view web pages...works fine and behaves like IE. I would like to know how to control some settings however; specifically there is an IE Option to display or not to display images (Tools->Internet Options->Advances->Show pictures) How can I set that option in my CHtmlView ? Override OnAmbientProperty Knowledge Base Q183412 PRB: WebBrowser Control Clients Share Global Settings http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/hosting/wbcustomization.asp -- Command what is yours Conquer what is not Microsoft Most Valuable Professional [VC++] http://www.csdn...

How do I set up MSN emails account to Microsoft Office?
I am having a problem setting up my MSN email account to be pulled down into Microsoft 2007. I cant seem to get the server information correct. Any help? Incoming=pop3.live.com Outgoing-smtp.live.com -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "RGM" <RGM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C03767-6BAB-4DCF-81A4-36E801EC9CCE@microsoft.com... >I am having a problem setting up my MSN email account to be pulled down into > Microsoft 2007. I cant seem to ...

Set validation rule for many fields with vba?
Hello, One of the functions of my database is to store survey data and allow us to clean them before they are analyzed. Some of the data are imported from another application, and some of the data must be manually entered in a form I built for this purpose. I want to set validation rules for 60+ fields, which are multiple choice questions. I want the validation rule to be " <=4 Or Is Null ", as the possible answers are 1-4 or blank. Does anyone know if and how I can do this using vba, so I don't have to enter validation rules for each and every item? I will have...

Syntax to set set cells to be zero
Actually i have created a button for retreiving teh data (numerical figure) from one worksheet to another worksheet but that requires some addition and subtraction on the original value. I now would like to make every "to be filled cells" to be "zero" which can help me to do the subtraction later on. So I wonder if there is anyone can teach me some the syntax for that operation. ( i would like to make a button to set those cells zero first) Anyone please help! ...

How do I set up a double chart using two sets of information?
I'm trying to compare figures between monthly and weekly figures and wanted to set up a double chart using the same legend and heading.......I've seen bar charts and also background and foreground charts done this way and wanted to do the same if possible in Excel........ ...

How can I stop Outlook 2007 warning about meeting location?
So I've upgraded to Office 2007 and Outlook 2007 with Bus Contact Mgr. Now, whenever I invite someone to an appointment with the location field blank, Outlook pops up a warning dialog: "Outlook has detected the following: - The location is not specified. Do you want to send the meeting anyway? Yes/No" This is incredibly irritating. How can I configure Outlook to stop warning about blank meeting location field in meeting requests? Please tell me there is a registry setting or something that can make this nagging software ge...

::: How To Display An All Day Event Into A Work Week or 5 Days Calendar :::
Hi, I am working with Outlook 2003. My calendar is setup to show the work week (5 days - Monday to Friday). This is my preference. When I enter an appointment of "x" hours I can see it on the related column (example: Tuesday from 10:00AM to 11:00AM). No problem, perfect. But when I enter an appointment using the tick box "All day Event" (for one or several days) it doesn't show into the column. It shows only on the top of the day columns. Would you know if there is a way to make it appear into the day column to clearly show that I am busy? In advance many thanks fo...

Sharing calendars #4
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C9812B.75E94B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to share calendars on a home network using Vista Home = Premium? --=20 XYZ Man ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C9812B.75E94B10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html...

2003 for Students: send email, set clock problems
I have two problems. 1) Whenever I hit send on a message, instead of being sent it goes into my outbox and then I have to hit Send/Receive. 2)The time shown on my sent messages is different from the correct time shown in my system tray in the lower right corner of the screen. Any help? Doug wrote: > I have two problems. 1) Whenever I hit send on a message, > instead of being sent it goes into my outbox and then I > have to hit Send/Receive. This is normal behavior unless you connect to a local mail server that handles delivery, such as an Exchange server. You can tell OL to se...

net meeting
Am using Outlook 2003. How do I get 'Net Meeting' ?? What OS are you using? I think it's part of WinXP. Else you can download it from MS's site "mikegm" <mikegm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8537F7D7-2F05-4AF3-9990-733C7786E359@microsoft.com... > Am using Outlook 2003. How do I get 'Net Meeting' ?? ...

Preview Pane
Outlook 2003 Client has MANY folders under In Box All the many folders open with preview pane showing She wants all of them to have preview pane OFF I couldn't find where to shut them off globally - can I shut them off globally or need I do it one by one? thank you. Start Outlook one time with the /nopreviewpane switch. Use F1 help to see how to use command line switches. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching,...

setting defaults for text layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am attempting to create round labels. I want the text centred. Although I do this when creating the Excel data source for mail merge, when I go to print the labels, the text is not centred. What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing? The first thing you are not doing is telling us how you made that label, so we can't answer your question :-) Assuming that you have added a text box in a circle, the problem is probably that your text box is not exactly the same size as the text. To make this work, yo...

Duplicate Calendars, Task, and Note folders
Running Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. I find that for no apparent reason my system creates new blank calendars, as well as new blank task or note folders. When I delete them, they seem to come back after awhile. Any suggestions? Many Thanks... DHK Are you using a .PST file? If so, try running the Inbox Repair Tool against it to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it. Allow the program to make a backup of your file before it makes any changes. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered --...