setting up emails

Hi every1

I am having problems setting up my emails, it is asking me for incoming and
outgoing servers and i do not know how to find them....sorry but i am new to
all this......
--
shirlzzzzzz

"WHOZADONUT" <WHOZADONUT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi every1
>
> I am having problems setting up my emails, it is asking me for incoming
> and
> outgoing servers and i do not know how to find them....sorry but i am new
> all this......
> --
> shirlzzzzzz

You need to contact whoever is your Email provider for the settings.

Spell Check Protect Reprotect with same settings
Hello. I've been able to use below vb to spell check 'while protected'. My issue is that i want to allow the user to be able to formatt columns and rows (resize). When i execute the macro it clears those check marks from protection list. Hoping someone can advise. Thank you ------------ Requires VBA to unprotect the sheet, do the spellcheck then reprotect the sheet. Similar to....... Sub Spell_Check() ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme" Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033 ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=...

Outlook is automatically deleting email
A woman in my company just brought this problem to my attention. She is not a terribly experienced used and so just uses her inbox to basically store all her email. Nothing is ever really markes as read, as far as I can tell. Just yesterday, Outlook started to automatically delete whatever email she opened. With no preview pane, we would open the email into its own window and the message would disappear. With the preview pane, it would disappear as soon as it was delayed. There are no rules operating and there are no macros defined. The messages that disappear do not go intot he deleted items ...

whitelisting valid email addresses
Hello: We receive many virus generated or spam generated email messages which correctly contain our valid domain name *@domain.com. Is there any way on exchange 2000 to create a list of valid email addresses for our domain and then delete all other messages. ( a whitelist if you prefer ) Or do I need a 3rd party app to do this. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. arno Much easier to do with a smart relay host. Oullook 2003 is also quite good at this from the client side. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Tom L"...

Emailing Current Record
Hello all, I have a form that must be sent by email to a predetermined person once it is completed. It is important, however, that only the current record be sent. Is there a way to automate this by creating a Command Button? The Access Wizard creates the following code to allow you to print the form showing the current record. However, the Wizard it does not offer an option to email the current record. Private Sub Print_Current_Record_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Print_Current_Record_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.PrintOut acSelec...

how do i clean my received and sent emails from out pictures?
when i receive or i send any email or open any file,i don t get the real subject.i get a page containing my pictures used during the week and sometimes put me in bad situation.i suggest to get the real subject of any email. One of those day's. The idiots are out in force -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "sammour l raye2" <sammour l raye2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82802C8F-A269-4D31-AC6A-0721E158CABF@microsoft.com... > when i rec...

problem setting the value from a function
Hi: I wanted this macro to accept the date the user gives in the dialog box. In all the sheets on the range v6 it should put that date but it should only be on sheets2 and onward not on sheet1. I wanted it to only ask for the date once. This macro asks for the date on every iteration and I don't know how to set the value for the variable inputDate? It doesn't change anything if I move the variable on the right or left side of the function. Thanks again. Sub months1() Dim inputDate As Date Dim i As Long inputDate = InputBox("Enter a date:", "Date", Date) For i ...

Junk Email and rules
Hi, I have junk email set to low (Outlook 2003) and a few rules which move incoming email to a particular destination folder depending on their recipients address. When some spam arrives I get the junk email dialog saying its been moved to the junk email folder, but it still seems to get routed to the destination folder rather than left in the junk email folder. Is there a way of leaving junk email in the junk email folder whilst still putting legitimate email into appropriate folders. I must be missing something - this looks too obvious to be an oversight. Surely plenty of users want to d...

Email not being automatically tracked
Hello, I have the following: Email router used for both incoming and outgoing email in both the web client and Outlook I've configured the router (correctly as far as I know) per the MS documentation. I've selected to track emails from leads and contacts (the last option) please do not confuse this with the middle option to track emails that are responses from leads and contacts. This last option implies it will track incoming original emails, not just replies an important distinction. With this configuration, I would expect an unsolicited email from a contact to be tracke...

Reject email from external address to a distribution list
I want to limit emails accepted by a DL to be from internal recipients (and stipulated addresses) and reject all external address. The Delivery Restrictions tab only allows entries from Server Recipients. Is there way to perform this task within Exchange 5.5? Thanks Mitch Assign invalid SMTP e-mail address to that DL. Mitch wrote: > I want to limit emails accepted by a DL to be from internal > recipients (and stipulated addresses) and reject all > external address. The Delivery Restrictions tab only allows > entries from Server Recipients. Is there way to perform > this task...

Getting Starting Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor . when clicking on email hyperlink.
Getting "Starting Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor" message when clicking on email hyperlink. Receive the above message on one compute but not the other. Both have updated versions of all Windows XP and Office software. No errors on computer with respect to Word or Normal.Dot. Just something I noticed recently. Of course I can live with it but being inquisitive, I wonder why I receive this or if there is some setting somewhere. I t5ried changing the setting in IE to another mail program and resetting back but that did not eliminate the message. Thank you Patty ...

Moving outlook 97 Emails to Outlook XP
I upgraded to XP Home and XP Outlook on a new harddrive. Now I can't get access to all the emails I had in Outlook '97 with Win98SE. I have the .pst file but none of the emails. All I want to do is move all the emails I had in Outlook '97 to Outlook XP, but I can no longer open Outlook 97. How do I move all the Outlook '97 emails into Outlook XP without accessing to Outlook '97? Have you tried simply opening your old .PST file in Outlook 2002? use File | Open | Outlook Data File, browse to the file and click Open. It will open in your Folder List (View | Folder Lis...

setting up an account
hi, im trying to set up an email account in outlook and i seem to be able to recieve emails but for some reason i get an error message saying "the smtp server responded with an error. (error number: 0x800ccc60)." when trying to send emails can anyone help ? Have you ever been able to use the SMTP (outgoing mail) server you've chosen? "lee" <lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AB9DA85-22F3-4D4B-9D91-964304D7A678@microsoft.com... > hi, > im trying to set up an email account in outlook > and i seem to be able to recieve emails but for ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Outlook not sending emails after Symantec install
Hi, I installed Norton Systemworks 2006 and after this my emails are not being sent. I have spoken to Symantec and they suggested un-installing Systemworks. Did that and I still cannot send. I can send using Mozilla's Thunderbird from the same PC, so this tells me that the PC and it's ports etc are all functioning. I would say that the Norton Antivirus has stuffed up the Outlook pointers used for sending of the emails i.e. a registry setting perhaps. Any ideas? Neil. Have you tried removing & readding the email account in Outlook? "NWE" <nwemail@hotmail.com...

I am receiving 2 of each email, how do I get rid of this in outloo
what type of email account? Version of Outlook? Is antivirus email integration enabled? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "K8teu" <K8teu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B17269D3-2068-4C3D-AC2F-AC1E167F6955@microsoft.com... > ...

Importing contacts and emails
I have a large database of contacts and past emails (6000 contacts, 60000 emails). Most of the emails are linked to contacts, but not all. I'd like to get all of it into Outlook. I can convert the data into pretty much any form. How do I do the conversion? Is there some standard format that Outlook can accept? "Chris" <anon> wrote in message news:%23Ja5xUuuFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have a large database of contacts and past emails (6000 contacts, 60000 >emails). Most of the emails are linked to contacts, but not all. I'd like >to get all o...

Outlook 2002 email merge account selection
Is there a way to select which account to send a mail merge? For an individual message I can select the account button on the menu bar and select whichever account I choose. Can I select which account will send a mail merge or does it have to be the default account? (I manage a distribution list for a local group and have an email account for activity specific to that group. Recently I set-up and sent a merged message to members and it went using my main (default)account. I would have preferred to use another account for this particular message. I'm attempting to keep my personal life and ...

Can I email unique worksheets from a workbook to different users?
Hi Laura See my site for example code http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe you like the templates -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A8220F1-590B-406F-BFC5-B692250CF29E@microsoft.com... > ...

Setup AKO email on Outllok 2007
Setting up Outllok 2007 to send & receive AKO email (Army email) does not work when using the Outlook 2003 configuration nor does the army have any instructions posted. Any help? it should be done the same way, just make sure the authentication and posts are correct. If you upgraded, make a new profile and if you use a firewall, make sure the correct version of outlook is allowed access. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/o...

Display of Contact Names when selecting one for email
When creating an email message, when I click on the To button a list of my contacts opens so that I can select a contact. In Outlook 2003 the names appeared sorted by File As Names but in 2007 the contact names are displayed by Name starting with and sorted by either initials or first name. Is it possible to change the settings so that the list is displayed by File As names? Denis The same as always. Go to Tools > Account Settings > Address Book Tab > Outlook Address Book > Change... > Set sort order there -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Denis" <denis@...

Email content disappears using Outlook 2003
I'm using Outlook 2003 with the Outlook Connector to my MSN email account, Windows 7. On a few of my emails, the content, including the header, disappears, but a placeholder for the email is still there. If I go to Hotmail, the email is still there, with all the content and header. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question...

How do I find my server URL to setup an email account in Outlook?
I would like setup my comcast email in outlook but i dont know wat the URL is. Help plz from istheremusic <Help plz from istheremusic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like setup my comcast email in outlook but i dont know wat > the URL is. Comcast mail doesn't use a URL. Comcast requires a POP/SMTP account. Visit Comcast's Help pages for information on how to configure a mail client. -- Brian Tillman ...

disable hover boxes in my web page sent as email msg
I create a newsletter that I would like to send as an email in publisher. When I send it as an email, these mouseover boxes appear all over the place, some of them have hyperlink info which is smaller but other inserted information in text boxes or jpg's show up as tho they are linked to a sm. blank web page. If anyone has any idea how to disable this I would love some help. I am more of a novice than I realized! Thanks! ...

not taking email off of the server
I use Outlook 2003, an upgrade from XP On one of my accounts, that I get a ton of spam on, it doesn't seem to take the email messages off of the server. I have contacted the service provider and they feel it is an issue with outlook any suggestions? Is this a POP3 account? Make sure that in your account properties it doesn't state to leave a copy on the server. If this option is unchecked already recreate your mail profile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -C...

Auto pastes old email beginning every new email
Outlook 2000 began inserting/pasting a copy of an e-mail I sent, earlier in the day, on the screen of every 'new' e- mail I begin. When clicking on the new mail icon, it opens to not a blank screen, but begins with a copy of this previously sent e-mail. Do I need to change a template, style??? Please advise. Regards Ghislaine ...