Setting up email groups

I have outlook 2002 and need to set up some email groups, like church, work,
etc.
Can't figure it out....duh.
Thanks

Donald Allen, you  wrote on Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:47:01 -0400:

> I have outlook 2002 and need to set up some email groups, like church,
> work, etc.

Create a new distribution list:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284292/en-us

If I missunderstood please clarify what you want to do.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlook
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
cg2706 (163)
6/16/2009 2:09:48 PM
You mean a distribution group. You should be able to, in your Address Book
select File > New Entry > and then select New Distribution Group. Then add
all the members that you wish to enter into that distribution group.

"Donald Allen" <jdonaldallen@charter.net> wrote in message
> I have outlook 2002 and need to set up some email groups, like church,
work,
> etc.
> Can't figure it out....duh.
> Thanks

0
korland (145)
6/16/2009 2:16:36 PM
There are several ways to group recipients in Outlook. Distribution Lists
are the least desirable and the most problematic. Here are two better ways:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oloabcat.htm
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Donald Allen" <jdonaldallen@charter.net> wrote in message
>I have outlook 2002 and need to set up some email groups, like church,
>work, etc.
> Can't figure it out....duh.
> Thanks

0
russval (3097)
6/16/2009 6:16:33 PM
Thanks folks.  I finally figured it out.

> There are several ways to group recipients in Outlook. Distribution Lists
> are the least desirable and the most problematic. Here are two better
> ways:
> http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oloabcat.htm
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Donald Allen" <jdonaldallen@charter.net> wrote in message
>>I have outlook 2002 and need to set up some email groups, like church,
>>work, etc.
>> Can't figure it out....duh.
>> Thanks

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

can't send or receive emails

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

multiple email identities

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

Outlook set up
In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:17:36 -0800, "etata" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email >address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell >it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY >NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? Just a...

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

set print area #2

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...