Setting Up a Recurring Meeting for 3rd Tuesday of Each Month

I know this is  a basic question, but we just migrated from Lotus Notes to
Outlook and I am having trouble finding features....

How do I set up a meeting to occur the 3rd Tueday of each month? I found the
repeating option, but if I say repeat every 4th week, it doesn't necessarily
fall on the 3rd Tuesday.

Is there a way to do this without the add-in (Corporate Apps does now allow
us to purchase / add add-ins for software due to "security" reasons).

You don't state a) what version of Outlook you're using b) whether or not
you're connecting to an Exchange server so here is a *rough* outline though
it may not be exactly the same depending on what version of Outlook you use:

Open a calendar appointment, click on the recurrence button. Make sure the
recurrence pattern radio button for "monthly" is chosen. You should be able
to choose the third Tuesday of every (1) month.

--
Kathleen Orland
Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light

"Flygirl555" wrote:

> I know this is  a basic question, but we just migrated from Lotus Notes to
> Outlook and I am having trouble finding features....
>
> How do I set up a meeting to occur the 3rd Tueday of each month? I found the
> repeating option, but if I say repeat every 4th week, it doesn't necessarily
> fall on the 3rd Tuesday.
>
> Is there a way to do this without the add-in (Corporate Apps does now allow
> us to purchase / add add-ins for software due to "security" reasons).
0
KOrland1 (1012)
3/13/2006 5:01:30 PM
Sorry for leaving off some info...but you answered my question and it works
great! Thanks!

Sync setting does not work in WLM beta
In WLM latest beta if I select sync headers only in my IMAP4 EMAIL inbox I never see any new headers when I sync. When I select sync all the mail is downloaded. Is this a bug? ...

Roaming settings without roaming profiles
There are now group policy settings to redirect the "application data (roaming)" folder, and I was hoping that I might be able to use this to get my Outlook settings to roam from computer to computer without having to use roaming profiles. Roaming profiles are not available to me in my active directory domain environment, but I would really love to find some way to allow my employees to move from computer to computer and not have to reconfigure Outlook at each station. "Bradley" <Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE07D78F-E0BF-...

how to type your incoming and outgoing server when setting up mail
Hi, Trying to set up my existing account using microsoft mail. I just need know how to word the server address, incoming and outgoing. I did it as pop3@optonline.net. which is wrong. Can you tell me how to word it, Thanks, Amy "Aimee" <todream@optonline.net> wrote in message news:%23bzBE$GkKHA.5020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Trying to set up my existing account using microsoft mail. I just need > know how to word the server address, incoming and outgoing. I did it as > pop3@optonline.net. which is wrong. Can you tell me how to wo...

Can Not Set Word as Email Editor in Outlook 2002
I have been using Outlook 2000 as part of my office 2000 suite. I just upgraded to Outlook 2002 and now I am unable to use Word as my email editor. I am unable to click the check box when I go Tool - Options - Mail Format to click the check box to "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages." The check box and message is shaded out and not active. Why is this and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. You can only use Word as your email editor if your versions of Word and Outlook are the same. Since you have Word 2000 and Outlook 2002, you can't do...

Monthly subscription with outstanding balances
I am making my very first database for a club in Access 2007. I already have a membership table consisting of four categories. I need to capture (1) an initial joining fee (2) monthly subscriptions, which are dependent on the category and (3) show balance figures where fees are outstanding. I am at a loss as to how to go about this and have seen the valuable help offered on your site, for which I am very grateful. Kumi - To keep this simple, I would recommend adding a table of payments. This table would have the following fields: MemberID (whatever your key value is from ...

Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 comes with an extremely annoying feature called "Group By" email showing stupid Yesterday, Today emails by default. I HATE it SO BADLY. I know how disable it by unchecking "Automatically group according to arrangement", but I can only do it folder by folder. Whenever I create new folder, that "Group By" comes back again. I am just wondering how can I set it up by default so that it doesn't group my emails by default. Thanks a lot. I love Outlook but this is certainly one of the worst features I have ever experienced. I feel like my mo...

Mailbox problem with meetings with start date as "None"
Hi Everyone Exchange 2007 (Latest version) Outlook 2007 (Latest updates) We have a problem with a user who is getting the following symptoms: 1) Meeting reminds wont clear with the following error: "Cannot turn off the reminder. You may be reminded again. The end date you entered occurs before the start date." 2) Certain meetings do not appear in his daily view (seem to correspond to the onest above) 3) Looking at a "by Category view" reflects that these meetings have a start date of "None" Here is where some confusion comes in: - His P.A...

errors in monthly reports
Two errors in my monthly report for December: 1. "This month you spent $xx on Insurance:Health. Last month, you didn't spend anything on this category" Baloney! My health insurance premium is paid automatically on the 5th of every month, and has been for quite some time. I looked in the register, and there was the November payment on the 5th, just like it's supposed to be. And yes, the category was assigned correctly. 2. "This month you spent $200.59 on Expense - Unassigned." I never enter unassigned transactions. When I click on this notice to see what those s...

Setting up sales configurator option.
Hi all, I've been working with MS Dynamics GP 10.0 Manufacturing applications. I am stuck while setting up sales configurator options. Following are the steps to do the same. MS Dynamics GP Menu>> Tools>> Setup>> Manufacturing>> System Defaults>> Sales configurator. When i follow the above steps to my wonder the last option(Sales configurator) is missing. Can anybody tell me where i've gone wrong. Thanks in advance Asif Asif: Are you logged on as sa or DYNSA? If not, it may be that you don't have security rights to that menu item. Frank Hamelly M...

SQL Subscription settings
Can somebody post the settings to successfully sync MSCRM for Outlook with our CRM server? The installation did not create the subscriptions to the Metabase or MSCRM databases. I'd like to do it manually if possible. Thanks. Did you ever got a reply on this? I'm having the same problems now, I've tried to set it up manually, but it doesn't work completely. Thanks Rick >-----Original Message----- >Can somebody post the settings to successfully sync MSCRM >for Outlook with our CRM server? > >The installation did not create the subscriptions to the >Me...

setting up windows mail
How can i get windows mail setting up? i am having an error when i enter email provider POP3 and SMTP. I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. Is that your only email=20 address? US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/index.ht= ml and use the special settings for that service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.htm...

Can one save Autocorrect settings?
I have had the need to reformat my hard disk several times, and reinstall Office. Every time I do that I loose my Autocorrect settings! Is there a way to save - say to a floppy - my settings so I don't have to try to remember what terms I used before? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dana DeLouis wrote a couple of macros to transfer AutoCorrect entries. The first one dumps them onto a worksheet. You can check them there. Copy the workbook to the...

SBS 2008
I need a little help with this task, right know I have my domain name and DNS records at Network Solutions and have an MX record pointing to my external IP address. I do have my firewall then forwarding this to my internal SBS IP and I also have setup Reverse DNS (PTR Record) with my ISP for my external IP and mail.mydomain.com. Now here is the question if I have all of this setup, and I am going to use the "I want to manage the domain name myself" in the suffix I have the default "remote", should I change this to "mail" to match these records (more...

Duplicate Recurring Meetings in Outlook 2007
OK, I have a strange issue that has been happening to several people that I know of so far. Our environment is Outlook 2007 SP2, Exchange Server 2007 (either SP1 or 2, not sure), and Windows XP Professional. Occasionally when a person creates a recurring appointment in Outlook and they open it to either add content to the meeting request (they are the organizer) or add an attachment, two copies of the meeting will appear on the Organizers calendar. If the person was the organizer and they try and delete that duplicate appointment, BOTH instances will be deleted from the orga...

How do I set the send/recieve time in MS Outlook?
Where do I go to select the time that outlook downloads? Hi Charles, On the "Tool" menu, point to "Send/Receive Settings", and then click "Define Send/Receive Groups" Here you can change the time settings. (Outlook 2003) -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Win7, Office 2010 Ready): Public ShareFolder Synchronize Outlook between PC and Notebook: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Charles Rahn" <Charles Rahn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DE210355-8991-4719-B325-F932CE52F3F7@mi...

How Can set numbers in Indian Style
Dear Friends, Can anyone tell me how can i format numbers like : 1,00,00,000 for One Crore In indian number style insted of : 10,000,000 Pls reply Regards, Mahesh "Mahesh" <mahesh@kohinoorprinters.com> wrote in message news:#zdp9j6gFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Dear Friends, > > Can anyone tell me how can i format numbers like : 1,00,00,000 for One Crore > In indian number style insted of : 10,000,000 > > > Pls reply > > Regards, > Mahesh > > > > Custom Format: #,##,##,### Dear Gordon, No Friend its not working .Its I...

Outlook settings
When I close Outlook the Incoming Mail Server (POP3) and User Name change from "mail.comcast.net" and "b.clouter" to "localhost" and b.clouter/mail.comcast.net" respectively. eg Everytime I open Outlook I have to reset these settings to read new mail. What do I do to stop this? This is commonly caused by an antivirus program set to scan incoming mail. If you have one, try disabling the e-mail scan and see if that fixes the problem. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please repl...

how to adjust formula dependent on current month
Would like to create a formula that will adjust dependent on the current month. We are trying to get an average through the current month and do not want to have to change the formula each month to include the latest month. Thanks. - Ellen You could use an the offset command. This command allows you to offset (shift) the references in your formula. You will need a cell to tell Offset how far over to go Another idea is that if the numbers are blank until you have data, I think excel will ignore them for average purposes "Ellen" wrote: > Would like to create a ...

set caption of a button.
Hello, I have just created a MFC Application (by MFC AppWizard - VC 6.0). I put 2 buttons on it. Used view -> class wizard, and add a variable for a button2 (the variable is m_button2) for button1 - I did event that change the caption for button2. So I have written : m_button2.Caption = "abc"; I got the message : Caption is not a member of CButton. What's wrong in my code ? Thanks :) Balboos, If you use SetWindowText, and remove the button, the dialog will crash during startup. This is easy to find even for the lazies tester :-) SetDlgItemText if forgotten, however,...

Pivottable last 6 months
I have a pivot table with customers down the left side (rows - (Name)) and the dates along the top (columns (date)) with sales as the data (Sum of Sales). All of it is linked to an Access db query so the info is constantly updated. I want to show the change in sales to each customer over a 6 month period current year to previous year. I thought about creating more queries in Access so that only the last 6 months shows and then the same period of the previous year and importing them as 2 seperate fields (current_sales, previous_yr_sales) fields then doing a calculated field ([curre...

Verifone 1000se Settings
I need to know how to set up a Verifone 1000se PINPad i.e. baud rate, parity, stop bits. It is on Com port 2. does anyone know the specifics? Thanks, Rob Click the Help button in the MS OPOS setup program. "Rob F." <RobF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295AFE00-AA5F-447C-804D-4E51CC583361@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to set up a Verifone 1000se PINPad i.e. baud rate, >parity, > stop bits. It is on Com port 2. does anyone know the specifics? > > Thanks, > > Rob I know how to physically make the settings, I just am not su...

Summing weekly values to fall into correct month
Hi, Could someone please help me with this . My spreadsheet has row data in weekly buckets . I would like these weekly amounts to be summed to form the corressponding monthly total . However , some weeks are split across 2 months. For e.g. w/c 28/06/10 has 3 days that fall into June and 4 days that fall into July. 1) How do I get excel to add up all the weeks in June, and for this particular week, instead of taking the full weekly value into June , calculate the value/7 * 3 days ? 2) How do I get the following month of July to also add in the value/7*4 days from this week...

Can't set default type to "Clustered Column"
Hello. I can create a default chart type for ANY of the types/sub-types EXCEPT for Column/Clustered Column. When I select an existing chart and change it to Column/Clustered Column, and then set it as the default, the existing chart will change to the new style, but for any successive charts, Excel reverts back to the Column/Stacked Column style. For any other type (Bar, Pie, etc., etc.), existing and successive charts will appear as I've set them. I just can't get Excel to keep my default selection of Column/Clustered Column. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening, and...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Hi all! When we try to delete an opportunity whe get the error Object reference not set to an instance of an object even if I do the delete (I'm the administrator). does anyobody have an idea? (just for opportunity....) Thank's alessandra ...

Finding the highest value in a range that falls below a set target
Hi, I have a row of data as follows: 0.8 23.7 42.0 56.4 67.7 76.4 83.0 87.9 91.5 94.2 96.0 97.4 98.3 98.9 99.3 99.6 99.7 99.8 If the target was 80, i want to be able to return the value that falls just below it. In the above example it would be 76.4. On the flip side i also want to return the value that is just above the target (in a separate cell). In the above case it would be 83. I figure that the formula would need to incorporate the MIN & MAX functions, but just can't get me head around it. Alternatively if anyone knows of any different formula/s i could use, it would be good. ...