Setting up a group

I have not worked with outlook, except to send an email, but I was asked to
set up a distribution list so that I can email a file to multiple clients.  I
have set up the email addresses in excel.  Is there a way to set up Outlook
so that I can set up the fields that I need such as name, address, client no,
email address., contact person.  I tried to import into a group under
contacts, but when i get to the step that says it will could take several
minutes to import, the next button is grayed out.  As you can tell I am out
of my element on this.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.
--
thank you mac
0

If it is a small DL, I would just use File->New->Distribution list.  =
Import your Excel contacts into Outlook and you should be able to select =
members from your contacts folder.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, mac asked:

| I have not worked with outlook, except to send an email, but I was
| asked to set up a distribution list so that I can email a file to
| multiple clients.  I have set up the email addresses in excel.  Is
| there a way to set up Outlook so that I can set up the fields that I
| need such as name, address, client no, email address., contact
| person.  I tried to import into a group under contacts, but when i
| get to the step that says it will could take several minutes to
| import, the next button is grayed out.  As you can tell I am out of
| my element on this.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.
0
MillyS (3228)

How add a Label in the subjet of the mails send to a Group? .Help
I�m trying to put a Label in the subject of the mails send to a specific group. like yahoogroups. When a send a mail to the Financial Department, i want that in the subject appears a Label Like [Fianacials] or somthing similar. How can i do this performance??? Thanks. ...

Nested Groups
We have nested groups (specialty areas) inside of a main discipline group. All groups are set to expand on the local server. We are experiencing issues with using this main group to assign permissions on Public Folders and to set it as allowed sender for message restrictions for other distribution groups. Has anyone come across this before? Does anyone know of a fix? Are these mail-enabled Security Groups? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Heather Arnot" <HeatherArnot@discussions.microsoft.co...

set default reading pane view
I have outlook 2003, exchange2003 sp1 with about 50 folders, I would like to turn off reading pane for all. I know there is a way, just cant find it in the labyrinth of the outlook controls. TIA Craig Start Outlook with the /nopreview switch. Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft Outlook FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/outlook.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "MSnews" <craig@nospam.milwauke...

How to stop OL2003 from auto-expanding all groups at midnight
This drives me absolutely mad, and I not only can't see why it happens, I can't find any way to stop it. If you have Outlook open at midnight, your Inbox groups (Older, Last Month, Three Weeks Ago, Two Weeks Ago, Last Week etc) all "open up" for no apparent reason. Your arrangement of them (some closed, some open, whatever) is lost. I understand that midnight is the time when groups rename, shift, rearrange etc., but there's no call for every single one of them to expand -- even when they're not affected by daily shifts. Note in the "Group by" dialog, I h...

setting up online bill pay money 2002
I use bank of America. When I tried to sign up for online bill pay, I recieved a web page with a message that there isn't a microsoft web page that matches your entry. I have online bill pay through my bank but would like to use it through money 2002. Anyone have any suggestions on how to sign up a different way? Thanks, Stacy ...

Outlook 2003 signature/font settings suddenly won't work
I am having two issues with Outlook 2003 that just suddenly occurred without any prior problems. First, my signature will not appear in a new message. I have three different signatures which I’ve had for two years now and never had this happen before. I created them using the Tools/Options/Mail Format procedure. Mail Format options also include “Compose message in HTML format” and “Use MS Office Word 2003 to edit email messages” and “to read Rich text email messages”. Stationary is set to “none”. Second issue: I’ve always used 10pt Arial as my font and Mail Format box shows these...

Group contacts in public folder
We are migrating from Domino to Exchange and one of the features that I'm not sure about is within the shared contact databases. The plan is to put those shared contacts into public folders and give certain people management rights. In each notes contact, there are fields that display "Created by:" and "Last modified by:" Is this functionality simply... 'lost' in Exchange? Is there anything I can do to add it? Thanks, mike On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:41:02 -0700, mike79 <mike79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are migrating from Domino to Excha...

Outlook security settings problem
Outlook 2000 IMO WinXP will not allow me to send an email with an attachment containing a URL. I get the following message: Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: www.xxx.url. Any suggestions how to fix? Thanks, Mitchell Here is a link to an article that explains the behavior of the Outlook Security Update, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;262631. Here is another link that mentions why URLs are blocked by the security feature, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;264128. Here is a link to an article that explai...

Group by query question
I have a query which is supposed to (and does) return the earliest record from a table that might have multiple records per "person" (famno). "dis is a calculated field in a pervious query that calculate how many days until a certain event (so a person could have 2 or more records, each with a different value for dis). It works properly: SELECT yahr_dist_from_today_greg.FAMNO, Min(yahr_dist_from_today_greg.dis) AS MinOfdis, Min(Date()+[dis]) AS NextYZ FROM yahr_dist_from_today_greg GROUP BY yahr_dist_from_today_greg.FAMNO; I have another field in the query, Rel...

set paper size
I am trying to set the paper size to 14cm wide by 9.9 cm hight. I still get the page set at a4. How do I get round this ? User definr dose not allow me to do it I just went through this with a special size using Publisher 2000. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- Don Vancouver, USA "johnc" <johnc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FB464EE-544A-4A9D-8485-2208930EB02F@microsoft.com... > I am trying to set the paper size to 14cm wide by 9.9 cm hight. I still get > the page set at a4. How do I get round this ? User definr dose not allow me >...

Setting up users with outlook
I am a network admin for a small company and I want to know if there is a way to setup email accounts so that when a new user logs in to his/her account is all ready so that I dont have to run over to his/her system and set them up. We have a pop3 server for our inbound mail. See reply to your other post. Set up of Outlook wrote: > I am a network admin for a small company and I want to know if there > is a way to setup email accounts so that when a new user logs in to > his/her account is all ready so that I dont have to run over to > his/her system and set them up. We hav...

Setting default formats for color and comments
How do I set my color palette as a default so that I don't have to keep changing it in each workbook. And I do set the default formats for Comment texts so that I don't have to keep changing it in each comment. Thanks. Hi for your comments question have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default For your color question the following site may help you http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LF wrote: > How do I set my color palette as a default so that I don't have to > keep changing it in each workbo...

Can not group on fields selected with '*'
Trying to run an aggregate/totals query to group on a particular field but getting message...."Can not group on fields selected with '*' . And when I pick one field in qry all of the fields in the table show up in the View. Is it due to the relations? Thanks On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 20:07:02 -0800, Steve Stad <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Trying to run an aggregate/totals query to group on a particular field but >getting message...."Can not group on fields selected with '*' . And when I >pick one field in qry all of the...

Send-As Distribution Group / Security Group
Anyone know how to correctly get the ability for a user(s) to send AS a distribution and/or security group? Our users don't want to have to change the reply-to field in every message they send out, but want the replies to go to an address that is a distribution group. This way the FROM address isn't a person's either. Thanks. In news:OVPi5jgwGHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, GC Postmaster <gc_postmaster@gordon.edu> typed: > Anyone know how to correctly get the ability for a user(s) to send AS > a distribution and/or security group? Our users don't want to have...

Pasting copied pages without the hidden or grouped cells
Hi I would like to copy a spreadsheet and paste without hidden columns or grouped cells. I asked this about 4 weeks ago, got a terrific answer, and am blowed if I can remember how to do it. Thanks Tim Search the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* enter your email address in the author text box to bring up any messages and replies that you've ever posted. In article <4042dd03$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, "Tim" <Tim@beachsideunits.com.au> wrote: > Hi I would like to copy a spreadsheet and paste without hidden columns or >...

A way to set up an email to be sent automatically each week
Is there a way in Outlook 2003 to set up an email to be sent automatically each week? I wasn't sure if there was a way to set up a recurring email, weekly? Thanks for your time. "rrupp" <rrupp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D41DADE-11F9-41BB-962C-3452959F3135@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Outlook 2003 to set up an email to be sent automatically > each week? I wasn't sure if there was a way to set up a recurring email, > weekly? > > Thanks for your time. > Not without code. Please try our email sche...

error
Hi, I am new to excel programming. Want to create a 3D Surface chart. I a using VB 6.0 and Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library. Data for the char is in the text file and I don't want to put that data in worksheet Instead I have populated that data in Variant arrays. Three Varian arrays for 3 Axes. But i am getting error for the following code: Set objExcelApp = New Excel.Application Set objExcelWkb = objExcelApp.Workbooks.Add Set objExcelWs = objExcelWkb.Worksheets(1) Set objExcelCht = objExcelWkb.Charts.Add Set objexcelseries1 = objExcelCht.SeriesCollection.NewSerie -- vj ------------...

Setting non-rectangular clipping region without leaving gaps
I have a rectangle with a 1px black border and rounded corners drawn with CDC::RoundRect that I want to use as a clipping region. All drawing and filling should happen within this rectangle. So I did: dc.RoundRect(rectClient, CPoint(9, 9)); CRgn rgnClip; rgnClip.CreateRoundRectRgn(rectClient.TopLeft().x + 1, rectClient.TopLeft().y + 1, rectClient.BottomRight().x, rectClient.BottomRight().y, 9, 9); If I don't add the +1 to the top-left coordinates, the cl...

Set Read Only
I automatically save a copy of a file to a communal location (Y drive), so that other persons may read it, using the following code: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) 'save copy to Network Storage Folder (Y Drive) ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs "Y:\" & ActiveWorkbook.Name End Sub This works fine but how do I make this copy a read only file? Peter You can use SetAttr to change the file to readonly: Dim myNewName As String myNewName = "Y:\" & ActiveWorkbook.Name On Error Resume Next 'in case th...

Setting up service call management -- suggestions, please
We are in the process of setting up service call management and I need some suggestions on the best way to set up some of the tables. Equipment would refer to the equipment we would be working on, but we don't sell this equipment, so why do we have to set it up in inventory? Can we set up a generic item in inventory that would refer to all equipment serviced and just use the other fields to detail out each piece or would it be better to set up an item for each model? I also notice that I can only set the equipment up to a customer and not to a ship-to. I really need specific equi...

Importing or opening a set of email addresses so that they are in vertical cells
When I do it now by copying a set of emails on my outlook address bar and past it into excel they are all in one cell. HELP HOW SHOULD I DO THAT? Thanks Hi Use File/Import Export from Outlook and choose 'Excel file' as type. Andy. "Felix" <felix@feacinstitute.org> wrote in message news:1143044573.798729.163680@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When I do it now by copying a set of emails on my outlook address bar > and past it into excel they are all in one cell. > HELP HOW SHOULD I DO THAT? > Thanks > Andy thanks, but what I need is: I have a w...

Permissions on a group
Hi I have 2 domains that are in the same forest, but one of the domains in in a separate tree. fore example domainA.com and DomainB.com both are part of the same forest. DomainA is the forest root. My issue is I have a group (DL) that lives in domainA and i want to assign permission to this group so that the user is the manager of the group and can also change the group membership of the group. The user that i want to give this permission to lives in DomainB, when i try and make this user the manager of the group and chekc the box for "allow manager to change memebers i get an e...

Grouping and Objects
Hi, I inherited a spreadsheet. When I group certain rows, I get the message, "Cannot shift objects off sheet." As far as I can tell, there are no objects in the rows. I can group other rows in the same sheet without difficulty, but some rows I can't. Is there a way for me to see what Excel is complaining about? I am using XL 2003. Thank you. Best regards, Kevin maybe this'll help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 "Kevin H. Stecyk" wrote: > > Hi,...

How do I set up an outlook e-mail account
There is no send button on my outlook express pop-up for e-mails. How do I set up an account so I can actually use this? To add a POP3/IMAP account in Outlook Express, just pick Tools > Accounts > Add button in the main Outlook Express window. "Beachnut62" <Beachnut62@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9618D78-981C-4D9B-85FB-24B630F0EE86@microsoft.com... > There is no send button on my outlook express pop-up for e-mails. How do > I > set up an account so I can actually use this? I have a similar problem with getting Outlook 20...

Combo Box sort first by alpha-numeric address sets
I have a Combo box of addresses that look like this: Run_point_Address_A 136 Herne Hill, SE24 26 Stanstead Road, SE23 35 Sunderland Road, SE23 389 Coldharbour Lane, SW9 41 Stanstead Road, SE23 Blythe Hill, SE6 Brockley Rise, SE23 Brockley Rise, SE23 Coldharbour Lane, SE24 Half Moon Lane, SE24 Herne Hill, SE24 Herne Hill, SE24 Milkwood Road, SE24 Milkwood Road, SE24 Milkwood Road, SE24 Stanstead Road, SE23 Stanstead Road, SE23 Stanstead Road, SE6 How can I make it sort like this: (Which is Alpha first, then numerical, but based on the individual alpha address sets) Run_point_Address_A Bl...