Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007

When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list,
by default it always goes to the Global Address List.   Is there a way to
make my Contact List the default?
0
Brenda1 (81)

"brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact
> list,
> by default it always goes to the Global Address List.   Is there a way to
> make my Contact List the default?

When that Address Book window opens, click Tools>Options and select which
one you want shown first.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/29/2008 6:07:58 PM
When I click on "To"  Select Names Global Address opens.  There is no option
for tools, options.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact
> > list,
> > by default it always goes to the Global Address List.   Is there a way to
> > make my Contact List the default?
>
> When that Address Book window opens, click Tools>Options and select which
> one you want shown first.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brenda1 (81)
8/29/2008 8:01:00 PM

> When I click on "To"  Select Names Global Address opens.  There is no
> option
> for tools, options.

Then click the Address Book icon in the Standard toolbar.  There will be a
Tools menu on the Address Book window.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Contact Name no parsed out
I'm attempting an import of my data from GoldMine, where the export function exports the contact name as a single field, not parsed out to First / Middle / Last. It appears that DMM wants the fields separate for mapping into the Contact entity? Before I go ahead and parse the import file I wanted to check. you can add logic into the import, if I can get some time will check into this to see if you can split a string as it comes in. =================== John O'Donnell, Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist My Blog - http://blogs.msdn.com/jodonnell CRM Wiki - http://channel9.m...

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

Contacts in Exchange #2

default values in a cell