Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007

When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list,
by default it always goes to the Global Address List.   Is there a way to
make my Contact List the default?
0
Brenda1 (81)

"brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact
> list,
> by default it always goes to the Global Address List.   Is there a way to
> make my Contact List the default?

When that Address Book window opens, click Tools>Options and select which
one you want shown first.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)
8/29/2008 6:07:58 PM
When I click on "To"  Select Names Global Address opens.  There is no option
for tools, options.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact
> > list,
> > by default it always goes to the Global Address List.   Is there a way to
> > make my Contact List the default?
>
> When that Address Book window opens, click Tools>Options and select which
> one you want shown first.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brenda1 (81)
8/29/2008 8:01:00 PM

> When I click on "To"  Select Names Global Address opens.  There is no
> option
> for tools, options.

Then click the Address Book icon in the Standard toolbar.  There will be a
Tools menu on the Address Book window.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Set request parameters for web services

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Default Roles and Tasks in Canadian Payroll
Installs of Dynamics GP version 10 should have default Security Tasks and Roles pre-installed. Currently all tasks and roles have to be built from scratch - causing many customers to delay migration to the version 10. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away