Setting Rules in Out of Office Assistant

I am seeking help in regard to a work around to Outlooks
Out of Office Assistant only replying once to a sender
especially if they regularly send emails.

While it is a great feature, we have a user who is
currently away from the office for a long period of time
(6 months) on extended leave and are wanting to ensure
that if he is sent emails the senders, outside of the
office only, receive the Out of Office Assistance reply.
A way of prompting them again that that particular person
is on leave, just in case they forgot/forget.

Any assistance/feedback would be greatly appreciated.
0
ddenize (1)

Create a normal rule then with no conditions and the action to have the
server reply with a specific message. Make sure you set some exceptions (for
instance based on the subject field so it will not reply on subject with
e.g. reply, failed, undeliverable, etc...) otherwhise you could create
endless mailloops between two mailservers and those can be a real threat to
the mailservers!

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Delwyn" <ddenize@clmlaw.co.nz> wrote in message
>I am seeking help in regard to a work around to Outlooks
> Out of Office Assistant only replying once to a sender
> especially if they regularly send emails.
>
> While it is a great feature, we have a user who is
> currently away from the office for a long period of time
> (6 months) on extended leave and are wanting to ensure
> that if he is sent emails the senders, outside of the
> office only, receive the Out of Office Assistance reply.
> A way of prompting them again that that particular person
> is on leave, just in case they forgot/forget.
>
> Any assistance/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

0
Roady
5/31/2004 10:07:30 AM
In the Out of Office Assistant reply, have the user specify when they are
going to return.  If the recipient forgets, then it is their problem and you
have acted with due diligence.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Delwyn asked:

| I am seeking help in regard to a work around to Outlooks
| Out of Office Assistant only replying once to a sender
| especially if they regularly send emails.
|
| While it is a great feature, we have a user who is
| currently away from the office for a long period of time
| (6 months) on extended leave and are wanting to ensure
| that if he is sent emails the senders, outside of the
| office only, receive the Out of Office Assistance reply.
| A way of prompting them again that that particular person
| is on leave, just in case they forgot/forget.
|
| Any assistance/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Office 08 auto correct problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I just installed Office 2008 for mac and I can't get the auto correct to work right. Is there some magic box to check or something? Thanks in advance. Brooklyngem Can you describe what working wrong means to you? Can't see your screen from here. You can turn it on via Tools | AutoCorrect, if that's the problem. brooklyngem@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: intel > > I just installed Office 2008 for mac and I can't get the auto...

Local Domain
We use Exchange 2003. One user in a group is having problems with Outlook 2003. When they try to send an email on behalf of the group distrubution list, they get the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=com/DC=mycompany:exchangeserver All email addresses involved are in the same domain, but no other users are having this problem. The emails are all within the same building so no spam filters are involved, nor firewalls. I have renamed the cache files .old and it didn't work. ...

How do I set CAS permission for a single exe file
Hello! Assume that I have an exe file called MyExe.exe and I want to run this on my computer with the permission in the permissionset MyPermissionSet how do I best accomplish this ? //Tony ...

Anti Aliasing Quit in Office X
The Quartz anti aliasing has recently ceased to function in MSIE and Office. I installed the patch update for MSIE and that fixed the issue there. However, MSFT Office is not responding to the update to fix the issue. Any ideas as to how I can fix the anti aliasing issue? It is really annoying and makes reading documents difficult.. Thank you. M. Sagi pallor@subnova.com First, go to Apple -> About this Mac, and make sure your OS version is at least 10.1.5. If it is any lower, go to Apple -> Software Update and update to the latest version. From there, go to Apple -> System Prefe...

GP flag in the Sales Order set up window for drop ship line items
I suggest a flag that we can set in the Sales Order set up window so we can make an order type of drop ship that will always default to drop ship. Once this happens, then the rest will flow for us because the transfer to P.O. will then generate a drop ship purchase order; our desired result. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

incorrect email version set up in excel, word, etc
when I hit the email icon in word & excel the email area is different and it does not point to the correct address book. Any suggestions? -- llp I finally figured it out by reading some of the previous discussion questions. go to Internet explorer => internet options=>program tab=> change from express to outlook. Restart and it took care of the issue. -- llp "llp" wrote: > when I hit the email icon in word & excel the email area is different and it > does not point to the correct address book. Any suggestions? > > -- > l...

how do i set up product key
how i cant get product key for se video SE Video? Where did you get it? Try there. la casa wrote: > how i cant get product key for se video > ...

office 97 and office xp
Hi, Is it possible to install office97 and officeXP on Windows XP at the same time. I appreciate your help Andonny Yes, I have xl95, xl97 sr2 and xp2002 all on my xp machine. Recommend installing oldest version first and, of course, you don't install in the same directory. "me" <wje@multiline.com.au> wrote in message news:%23NkrPOZjDHA.1284@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is it possible to install office97 and officeXP on Windows XP at the same > time. > > I appreciate your help > Andonny > > ...

lpp lpp lpp lpp after installing MS Office update
Yo, homies. I also got the Autoupdate, dutifully installed it, and went off to cook some stew. When I came back, Safari was open (I'd opened it already to check out the Update info from Microsoft), and there were a dozen copies of a file called "lpp" (just like the Unix lpp?) attempting to download. I deleted them from the download list quicker than you can say Jack Robinson. I did a search on 'lpp' afterwards and just found the normal files with that string in them. What the heck is up? I haven't been doing anything exotic enough to catch a virus, but neither c...

The field 'MyTable.MyField' cannot contain a Null value because the Required property for this field is set to true.
Hello, I have a form in my database used for entering new data into a table. Some of the fields in my table are required, others are not. If I start entering a new record, using the form, but only fill in some of the fields, and then click a button, to, for example, open another form (i.e. I have decided that I do not want to add this new record now), I will get the following error message: The field 'MyTable.MyField' cannot contain a Null value because the Required property for this field is set to true. Enter a value in this field. What I want is for the record not to be added unl...

Office 2004 won't reinstall
As soon as I installed Leopard, my Office 2004 apps stopped working. I had never uninstalled Office X and I found that I could still use those apps, although I could *not* double-click on a doc and open it directly. I had to open the app, then choose "open" to get to docs. This was inconvenient, but I dealt with it whilst I looked online and tried to figure out what was going on with 2004. I found a lot of info about how installing Leopard messes up permissions, so I used disk utility to repair permissions. I checked that I had read & write privileges for Office 2004, and I check...

Opening Office Files
I typically open my documents/excel files/power point by clicking on the file directly. Everytime I do I get the following message: "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Professional Hybrid 2007". This causes a long delay in opening the file and my previous system(XP) did not perform this task. My new system is Vista. I also have a problem every time I open Outlook, it starts installing Visio and PowerPoint. Any reason why it should do any of these? How do I alleviate these from happening? Thanks, -- Gevan "Gevan" <Gevan@discus...

Setting up production charts in Excel
I would like to set up a production chart in Excel, what formulas do I enter? The jobs could over run so this will alter the daily production sheets. I want to be able to alter one job run and then it will rearrange the following jobs. Can this be done and if so how do I do it? I am running mms office excel 2003. I hope some one out there can solve my problem, I do hope its possible too. I work for a printing company with no production sysytem at all!! What I would like to do is to set up a daily, weekly and monthly production sheet for jobs to be worked on. We have three departm...

Outlook Rules that don't work
I have a similar problem to the one below. Rules do not work unless run with the 'Run Now' option. Has a solution/workaround to this been discovered yet? Many Thanks, Neil Ramsay. >I discovered something I think might be the problem: My rules do not >execute when they come in even though the rule wizard says to "apply these >rules after the message comes in". If I click on the box at the bottom "run >now" and then check off the boxes for the rules I want to run, they execute >on the messages in my Inbox. >Any idea why it behaves this way? ...

Outlook settings
Hi! I am going to uprade to a larger harddisk, 500 G. For the possible to transfer outlook 2007 i need to know where outlook�s settings, e-mailacounts, passwords an so on is saved. Any help? Best regards __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4787 (20100119) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm and http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/filesandsettings.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring ...

Office 2008
I heard a vicious and ugly rumor that there was yet another effort to exclude Mac users from some of the features and benefits that Microsoft Office (Windows) users enjoy. I've heard that macros are being dropped in Office 2008. I just wonder whether anyone in the product management group at Microsoft considers the fact that Mac users work with Windows users. Or is this yet another effort to fly under the radar and drop support for the Mac OS forcing Mac users to run Office in emulation? Where does the oppressive Mac bias end? I mean have you SEEN Vista? Is anyone else tired of being a ...

Office 2000: transparent documents ( desktop visible through
I have Office 2000 and suddendly when I load in Word any document the page is TRANSPARENT so i can see the icons on the desktop. I need instruction how I could undo this phenomen and have the regular "black and white page! Thanks Jiri G. Hruby ...

Setting up Business Units
I'm getting ready to set up 3 different business units, I can't seem to find any reference material on setting this up. Each BU is in a different country, using differenc currency, anthing special I need to know? Thanks, Ansley The system does not support multi-currency, so that is probably going to be a problem for you (unless you have found another solution for that). Otherwise, there is nothing "special" about BU setup. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Ansley" <Ansley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D83A0B47-CD24-4797-9379-B435...

transferring office suite from desktop to laptop
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am switching from a desktop to laptop and want to transfer my office suite to the laptop. Unfortunately, I can't find my installation cd. I do have the product ID number. Is it possible to download the program onlne to my laptop using the product ID from the desktop? On 5/11/09 3:37 PM, "dschray@officeformac.com" <dschray@officeformac.com> wrote: > I am switching from a desktop to laptop and want to transfer my office suite > to the laptop. Unfortunately, I can't find my installation cd. I...

Moving Outlook Settings #2
Hi Just got a Tablet and would like to move all my Outlook 2003 settings from my desktop to the tablet, signature file, rules, folders etc. I know that the .pst file moves some stuff, but not sure about actual settings. Thanks in advance Irene -- All outgoing messages scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004 Irene Corb Gaffigan, CRS Principal Broker Farm Town Realty, LLC e-PRO Certified Internet Professional Allen F Hainge CyberStar (TM) 231 Depot Street Proctorsville, VT 05153 Toll Free: (800) 659-1819 Cell: (802) 353-1983 Office : (802) 226-8022 Fax: (802) 706-1000 E-M...

How do I set up a formula to flag up a future expiry date say 60 d
excel 2003 How do I set up a formula to flag up a future expiry date of say 60 days Conditional formatting. Select the cells, say A1:A10 Menu Format>Conditional Formatting Change Condition1 to Formula Is Add a formula of =A1=TODAY()+60 Select the pattern tab, choose a colour exit out -- HTH RP "Terrano2" <Terrano2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88511434-A400-45C7-A25C-5F5BFF06816E@microsoft.com... > excel 2003 > How do I set up a formula to flag up a future expiry date of say 60 days ...

Proofing tools included in Office 2004 Mac
Can anyone tell me which proofing tools come with a localized version Office 2004 Mac? I know for Windows that each localized version does only contain a few other languages, e.g. the English Office 2004 Mac does contain English, French and Spanish proofing tools. http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/language/localized.mspx As I needed English, German and Japanese I have got the Office Proofing Tools from Microsoft but it seems to me as if this is not available for the Mac version. So, what languages does the Mac version include? Is it the same as for Windows or does it c...

I have a trial version of Office Professional but it does'nt work
I downloaded a trial version of Office professional but I am unable to get the program to work. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10504C3D-FF4F-42F6-8E2F-B7B60CC024CE@microsoft.com... > I downloaded a trial version of Office professional but I am unable to get > the program to work. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? That's pretty damned vague, Mark. What do you mean by "I am unable to get the program to work"? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man...

Is document imaging available in windows 7 version of office?
I want to do OCR. On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:00:01 -0800, vlhiker <vlhiker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to do OCR. See the answer to your previous question. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Office 2008 for Mac & Proofing Tools SDK
Good day. We want to develop Proofing Tools for Russian language (spelling, thesaurus, hyphenation) for Microsoft Office 2008 (Mac OS X). We have all necessary resources (we have released some Russian linguistic software for Mac OS X). But I cann't find any useful information - API or documentation, or samples for Proofing Tools 2008 (Mac OS X). I had a talk with Microsoft office in Russia, but still waiting their answer. I know that Microsoft is not interesting in Russian Mac market (it is too small). But there is no way at all to sell Microsoft Office for Mac without Proofing Tools for...