Setting "Reply" address

I just Installed Office 2003.

I am trying to define my settings in outlook. I've imported all my mail and
filters from OE.

I use several different email addresses, How do I automatically get a reply
message to be sent from the address that it was addressed to...

When I click reply and send a message, it looks like the message is being
sent from my default address.

Probably more questions to come...

Rina
--
Please respond to the newsgroup, mail from this account is left on my server

Rina wrote:
> I just Installed Office 2003.
>
> I am trying to define my settings in outlook. I've imported all my
> mail and filters from OE.
>
> I use several different email addresses, How do I automatically get a
> reply message to be sent from the address that it was addressed to...
>
> When I click reply and send a message, it looks like the message is
> being sent from my default address.
>
> Probably more questions to come...
>
> Rina

If you have several accounts set up, then when you click on "reply" Outlook
*should* reply using the account to which the original message was sent.

0
GordonBP1 (262)

Public Folders: How to set up Auto-Reply in EX2003?
Hi guys, I've configured a public folder to receive mail from the Internet, and also set up an auto-reply rule using the Folder Assistant to reply when an e-mail is sent to the folder. The folder will auto-reply just fine if I e-mail it from within the Exchange organization, but if folks from the Internet e-mail the folder, it doesn't reply. Any ideas? Thanks! Jeff I ended up figuring out what the problem was. Just in case anyone else has this problem, what I needed to do to fix it was: - Open Exchange System Manager > Global Settings > Internet Message Formats - Right-c...

Control "Reply to all" for dl's.
We have a global distribution list that only one user will have access to. How do we stop someone from replying to all when they receive a message from that dl? thanks On Thu, 12 May 2005 12:36:06 -0700, "MJKQB" <MJKQB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a global distribution list that only one user will have access to. >How do we stop someone from replying to all when they receive a message from >that dl? > >thanks Exchange General tab/ Message Restrictions and add the users who can send to that DL. ...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

MikeR
If you are still monitoring this newsgroup. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] <ic@ntellu.com>!"... > If you are still monitoring this newsgroup. http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&threadm=2468F73C-4D8E-49F2-8026-8D2FE6F29A8E%40microsoft.com&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DMikeR%2540discussions...

Outlook Web Access and replying to messages with attachments
I use Outlook Web Access to check my work email. My company uses Exchange 2003 and provides Outlook for at-office use. I often get emails with large and legitimate attachments. When I reply to these via OWA, I have to wait several minutes for the compose window to come up. I'm guessing that it is pulling the whole message including multiple megabytes of the attachment from the server. It's slow on a fast connection and essentially hangs from dialups. Replying to messages without attachments is quick. I tried unchecking "Options --> Privacy --> Block external content in...

Mail Server reject when I reply mail.
Dear all, I have problem when I reply my mail it always say it reject from mail server. I try to investigate for this problem and I found that there are hyphen cover the external email address when I double click at email address, for example 'name@company.com' (it should be name@company.com instead (i think)) but internal doesn't has hyphen cover. That cause the server reject my mails because it can sent if I delete the hyphen out . How can I fix this problem ? Regards, Woodykee Woody Kee <WoodyKee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have problem when I r...

Original Messages w/ a reply dissapear from Inbox
Have a friend with Outlook XP. When he replies to an email, the Original Messages disappears from Inbox. Is this a setting? Where should be look for the original mail? He is in a completely different state, I only have phone contact with him. Thanks for everyone's help It's probably just hidden. Check View | Current View -- is it set to "Unread messages"? If so, that explains the problem -- when you reply to a message, it becomes "read" and so it disappears when an "unread messages" view is set. Change the view back to Messages and your hidden me...

Reply to HTML uses English US dictionary
On an OUltook 2002 UK system, using Word 2002 as the editor. When you reply to an HTML message and spell check the default dictionary is US. Repying to text or rich text is OK. I have tried changeing the default dictionary in Word and setting it to not automatically detect the language. No use Any ideas ...

Reply address always defaults to exchange address
I run outlook 2003 on XP SP2. I have an exchange account (exchange server 5.5 on SBS) and 2 pop accounts. When I reply to an e-mail, even if it is from either of the POP accounts, the reply address defaults to the exchange account. Outlook should use the reply address of the account the e-mail was sent to but does not.I can change the account manually for every reply e-mail but would like Outlook to set reply address to the same account that the original e-mail was sent to. Thanks, in advance, Robert In news:atKdnalcZ86ZcCPeRVny1Q@pipex.net, News <mhcf17@dsl.pipex.com> typed...

How to retain Inbox message on screen while replying?
I want the message to which I'm replying to appear on the screen while I'm replying. Open it and THEN click "Reply". fiega wrote: > I want the message to which I'm replying to appear on the screen while I'm > replying. Tools > Options > Email Options When replying to a message include original message text. "fiega" <fiega@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2900A5F-9E8B-4E45-AE17-36844AA198C9@microsoft.com... > I want the message to which I'm replying to appear on the screen while I'm > r...

I can't reply or forward e-mails?!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's my problem: I receieve an e-mail, no problem....then I click on reply and type my responce and it won't let me send my reply. I am unable to forward messages either! I'm sure there is a simple solution to this in my e-mail settings, but I certainly can't figure it out! Help! Hi Megan Need a litle more information here. What version of Outlook are you using? Are you sitting behind an exchange server on a network or using something like SMTP for outgoing messages? The only thing I can think of from the information below is that there is a size restri...

Cannot Compose New Message Or Reply
Here's my problem. I connect to two different Web Access servers to retrieve email at times. One server is running Outlook 2000 and the other 2003. Although I have had no problems doing this in the past from my laptop, one fine day, I was unable to write narrative in the message window. If I open a "new message", "reply" or "forward", the message box opens but the narrative box is gray, has the small x on the top left and I cannot type in it. This only happens from my laptop. I don't know if it matters but I run W2K and Office 2000 Professional. I s...

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

Enable Different Reply Addresses
Hi! Does anyone know how to configure Outlook 2000 to have different reply addresses? REALLY appreciate your response! On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:13:50 -0700, "Pablo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! > >Does anyone know how to configure Outlook 2000 to have >different reply addresses? > >REALLY appreciate your response! how many different reply addresses? TOOLS:ACCOUNTS then highlight the account you want to modify and click PROPERTIES. on the GENERAL tab you can enter any e-mail address you want in the reply address field. hth rich...

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Do not reply to delivery receipts
I need to block delivery receipts. We already know how to do read receipts. It appears it's not that easy when you have Outlook 2003 clients and Exchange 2003 Ent SP1. Any suggestions out there? Thanks for the help. -pepe ...

Server side auto reply
We have a website feedback mailbox customers send info to. We would like to create an auto reply for that mailbox. I know if you set one up on the client side of the mailbox it will only work if you are logged in to the mailbox. I heard there is a server side rule you can setup on the box. Is this true? Is there a way to set up a server side rule to auto reply to messages even if we are not logged into that mailbox? On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:59:28 -0800, "WetBehindEars" <WetBehindEars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a website feedback mailbox customers sen...

original mail being deleted when replying
How can I stop outlook from deleting an original note when I reply to it? This has been happening for about six months now. When I open a new note, then click "reply", the original note disappears. Jim <jimellison@mchsi.com> wrote: > How can I stop outlook from deleting an original note when > I reply to it? This has been happening for about six > months now. When I open a new note, then click "reply", > the original note disappears. Most likely it's not being deleted, just marked as read and you have your View set to "Unread Messages"....

Can't reply or forward Outlook email with Vista running
Can someone help! I can open email in Outlook (even those with attachments) but cannot reply or forward. I encounter a box with a red "X" in the upper left hand corner. I am not able to access the body of the email. I also discovered that I cannot send new emails. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Steph "steph" <stephfin1968@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23K$O9KuKIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can someone help! I can open email in Outlook (even those with > attachments) but cannot reply or forward. I encounter a box with a red...

Reply to emails uses the contact primary email not the sent from e
Hi, We have encountered a problem with MSCRM when replying to an incoming email. The email must be resolved to a contact record (either automatically by recognition of a unique email address or manually) in order to reply. When the reply is sent, it is sent to the default (primary) email address for the Contact and not to the email address that the customer sent the original email from! There doesnt appear to be any way to select an alternative email address. Has anyone come across this problem before? If so, any advice on how to proceed? (We dont really want to overwrite the primary ...

Replying to emails #5
I'm using Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where is the setting I uncheck to not reply to messages in the same format that they were sent? I can't find it for the life of me. Thanks in advance. Wy "newtechie" <newtechie@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23ehsbToQIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where is the setting I > uncheck to not reply to messages in the same format that they were sent? > I can't find it for the life of me. > > Thanks in advance. > > Wy > AFAIK there IS no...

Setting "Reply to:" address in E2K
We are moving all our users to a new Internet domain as our company was purchased by another company. As we move users from our Exchange 2000 system, we want to have all their mail forwarded to their new domain. To do this we had to create "contacts" with their new SMTP addresses and then forward all their mail to this contact. We are still allowing them to send messages from their old accounts, but we would like to have their default "Reply to:" address set to their new email address so that when somebody replies to a message from them, it will be directed to the ...

Switching between alternate reply to addresses
Our organization supports multiple email domains. Some users have email addresses in two domains and they need to be able to switch between two reply to addresses easily. In Outlook, the FROM field will default to the users primary SMTP address. Can anyone suggest a method of switching between two or more reply to addresses? Thanks Katarina Barjaktarevic Take a look at ChooseFrom application: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.html -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer www.ivasoft.biz "Katarina Barjaktarevic" <katarina_barj@hotmail.com> wrote: news:ORggBeT...

Getting auto-reply to work on hidden accounts
We are using exchange 5.5. We are moving mailboxes from different sites to one new one using csv files. All sites are on one global. After the new account is created and replication takes place we hide the old account and set an auto-forward. We would like the user to be able to set an auto-reply with the new e-mail address, however, we have found out that auto-reply does not work with hidden accounts. Does anyone know of anyway to change this or does anyone know anyway to send a server message to all incoming mail being forwarded for them to double check their address or someth...