Setting Outlook as Default Mail Handler

I am using Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 5 for mail.  Right now OE is set
as the default mail handler.  How do I set OL 2000 as the default?

Thanks,

Ian

ianstock (2)

Control panel, Internet Options, Programs tab.

Ian Stock wrote:
> I am using Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 5 for mail.  Right now OE
> is set as the default mail handler.  How do I set OL 2000 as the
> default?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian

> -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

0
lanwench (7567)
10/16/2003 3:03:37 PM
"Ian Stock" <ianstock@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<3f8eb343_6@corp.newsgroups.com>...
> I am using Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 5 for mail.  Right now OE is set
> as the default mail handler.  How do I set OL 2000 as the default?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian

> -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Depends on your OS.  With XP:

Open IE.  Select Tools, Internet Options.  Select the "Programs" tab.
Change "E-mail" to Microsoft Outlook.  That should do the trick.

Not sure of other OS' (as I'm just in front of XP), but I suspect they
will be similar.  I believe there's also and "Internet Options" item
in the Control Panel (I know it's there in XP, not sure regarding
other OS').

Good luck - hope this helps! :)
Scott L. Grimes

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Set request parameters for web services

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Mail lMerge

Outlook default to paragraph

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook 2003

Default Roles and Tasks in Canadian Payroll
Installs of Dynamics GP version 10 should have default Security Tasks and Roles pre-installed. Currently all tasks and roles have to be built from scratch - causing many customers to delay migration to the version 10. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book