Setting a rule to look for a word in the 'from' header?

Hi
O' 20002

I can't seem to set a rule that looks for a word in the 'From' header in the
inbox.
It's the part that is in the 'Displayed Name' box when of the senders email
address.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Dave F.

0
david.fox (6)

It is a standard Wizard Rule so what is the problem? Make sure that the
peolpe in the rule are in your Address Book/Contacts folder as well.

--
Roady
www.sparnaaij.net

-----
"Dave F" <david.fox@burohappold.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> O' 20002
>
> I can't seem to set a rule that looks for a word in the 'From' header in
the
> inbox.
> It's the part that is in the 'Displayed Name' box when of the senders
email
> address.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave F.

what is failing?  are you using a from rule or words in the header?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Dave F" <david.fox@burohappold.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> O' 20002
>
> I can't seem to set a rule that looks for a word in the 'From' header in
the
> inbox.
> It's the part that is in the 'Displayed Name' box when of the senders
email
> address.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave F.

0
dianenws (1904)
10/13/2003 11:29:51 AM
Hi

I'm trying to divert the 'microsoft security update' virus to a separate
folder.

All the actual addresses of the senders are different so I can't use the
senders address option, & I'm definitely not putting them in my address book
as Roady suggested.

However, the word microsoft or MS usually appears in the 'displayed name'
which is shown in the 'from' list in the inbox folder.

That's what I'm trying to look for in my rule.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

Cheers

Dave F.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> what is failing?  are you using a from rule or words in the header?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
> Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

> "Dave F" <david.fox@burohappold.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > O' 20002
> >
> > I can't seem to set a rule that looks for a word in the 'From' header in
> the
> > inbox.
> > It's the part that is in the 'Displayed Name' box when of the senders
> email
> > address.
> >
> > Any Ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Dave F.

0
davidfox (2)
10/13/2003 10:05:45 PM
Well, you never mentioned that you wnated to redirect UNWANTED mail :-)

Try the following rules for that;
http://www.slipstick.com/rules/junkmail.htm#sue

--
Roady
www.sparnaaij.net

-----
"Dave F" <davidfox@totalise.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to divert the 'microsoft security update' virus to a separate
> folder.
>
> All the actual addresses of the senders are different so I can't use the
> senders address option, & I'm definitely not putting them in my address
book
> as Roady suggested.
>
> However, the word microsoft or MS usually appears in the 'displayed name'
> which is shown in the 'from' list in the inbox folder.
>
> That's what I'm trying to look for in my rule.
>
> Hope that clarifies it for you.
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave F.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> > what is failing?  are you using a from rule or words in the header?
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> >
> > http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >
> > Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> > Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

> > "Dave F" <david.fox@burohappold.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > > O' 20002
> > >
> > > I can't seem to set a rule that looks for a word in the 'From' header
in
> > the
> > > inbox.
> > > It's the part that is in the 'Displayed Name' box when of the senders
> > email
> > > address.
> > >
> > > Any Ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > Dave F.

Word merged with Access
I am using both Word and Access 2003. When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with. Does anyone have any ideas of why this happens? Is there a way to make all of the queries show up? Are the queries limited to a certain number? I would appreciate any help or ideas that you can give me. Aurora Aurora Without more information, I can only guess... Any chance any of those queries that are not showing up are NOT "select" queries (i.e., they are Make Table, or Delete or Insert queri...

The Settings button keeps disappearing
Hi, I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I access the site, I see all the buttons (Workplace, Sales, etc) except the Settings button. If I reboot, the button is back. My security role is system Admin. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks! Simon Are you running the Microsoft CRM Outlook Desktop client in parallel? Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Simon Renshaw" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I > access the site, I s...

Rules not working #7
I have a mail profile that I use with one email address that gets a LOT of spam. I have a fair size number of rules (probably 10-15) for categorizing and filtering it, all of them starting wth "Apply this rule after the message arrives". Problem is that most of them only work about half the time. I'll get some messages that were moved to the correct folders, and some similar messages still in the inbox. If I click "Rules Wizard" and the "Run Now" button, selecting all the rules, it moves the ones still in the inbox to the correct folder. How come it didn&#...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Look at this internet patch that comes from M$ Corp.
--nvfionyfjbtjrwdt Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jjjfooww"; type="multipart/alternative" --jjjfooww Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="favpxinwhokzz" --favpxinwhokzz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from th...

Public Folders: How to set up Auto-Reply in EX2003?
Hi guys, I've configured a public folder to receive mail from the Internet, and also set up an auto-reply rule using the Folder Assistant to reply when an e-mail is sent to the folder. The folder will auto-reply just fine if I e-mail it from within the Exchange organization, but if folks from the Internet e-mail the folder, it doesn't reply. Any ideas? Thanks! Jeff I ended up figuring out what the problem was. Just in case anyone else has this problem, what I needed to do to fix it was: - Open Exchange System Manager > Global Settings > Internet Message Formats - Right-c...

Setting .doc default to .doc, not .dox
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel How do i do this for all new documents? > How do i do this for all new documents? I meant .doc instead of .docx Word> Preferences> Save, choose Word 97-2004 Document (.doc) from the Save Word files as: list - just keep in mind that you'll be constantly working in Compatibility Mode which will prevent the use of some of 2008's features. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/23/08 7:50 PM, in article ee99690.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "dbdbdb@officeformac.com" <dbdbdb@officeform...

Trying to set up account, geting nowhere FAST!
From: "Lenora" <lmandre@windstream.net> Subject: Understanding what Microsoft Communities Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:41 PM Hello out there! What is Microsoft Communities all about? Is it something that comes with no charge when you get Microsoft Vista? This is the 4th computer I've had (besides ones at work). First a Compaq that I loaded everything I could from work, the computer guy gave me stuff...did work at home, brought it back to work, and visa versa. Second was a re-built computer that was given to me by a man in the town we had moved to...out of the g...

Reports and making it look prettier: Last Name, First Name Rank
I'm trying to pretty up my report by eliminating the forced space created by having one field of the report for 'LastName', one for 'FirstName', and one for 'Rank.' The Rank isn't too huge of an issue, and if three items in one field gets to be too much, I have no problem leaving that as a side item of sorts. But, I want my report to look a bit better by putting the names together! I want the report to go to my table, pull the LastName from that column, and pair it with the matching FirstName in the column to the right. (Since it's just...

Setting directory for file save in macro
Hi Thanks to a generous poster I now have a great bit of code to use in a macro for Excel which saves a text file (I'm no VBA programmer so this was really helpful), i.e.: Open "Test.txt" For Output As #1 (rest of code) My problem now is this: The macro saves test.txt to Excel's current active folder, rather than the folder that the current workbook is contained in. For example, if I last saved an Excel workbook to c:\workbooks\, and the workbook that I have open exists in c:\workbooks\workbook1\, when I run the macro it saves the text file in c:\workbooks\. If I ...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

Possible to Look Up Records by Initials?
I have a user who's telling me that prior to this weekend in CRM, she could lookup user records by initials rather than typing in part of the name. I don't see where that setting would have been marked in CRM. Has anyone else heard of this? If so, how did you implement this type of search customization/configuration? Steps to recreate problem: Account screen Account Owner field's magnifying glass Assign Account Assign to another user fields magnifiying glass Look Up Records' Look For field = initials of user you're attempting to Find. I doubt you can use the init...

Word to Excel conversion
As we are able to mail merge from the Excel data, is it possible to convert MS Word labels into Excel Data? Hi how do you store your data currently?. If it is in a Word Table you may simply copy+paste thiese contents to Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany vkumar2000@hotmail.com wrote: > As we are able to mail merge from the Excel data, is it > possible to convert MS Word labels into Excel Data? ...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

Amount in words to be printed on the invoice
Hi Mates, I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 Any suggestions Thanks this is available through Microsoft. check out the following site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms_reportslibrary.htm "RK" wrote: > Hi Mates, > > I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 > > Any suggestions > > Thanks ...

Is there a list of characters that Word considers equivalent on Fi
Word's Find will find "equivalent" characters. For example, a find for straight quotes will also find curly quotes, and a find for a space will also find a non-breaking space. Where can I find a list of the characters that Word considers equivalent in this sense? Thanks. ...

Recipient appears twice in the message header
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3 times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once. What could cause this? How do I fix this? Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this. Thanks, Ed ...

Workflow rule crashes target entity
When creating a new workflow rule for a new invoice entity, it seems to go into a loop in CRM Dynamics. At first, I wanted to make a rule for copying a description from the original opportunity to an invoice, but this caused the invoice window to load forever. When testing an easy rule which just has to enter the value "test" to a description field when creating a new invoice, the same thing happens. I wonder if this has anything to do with the administrator rights? I read something about 9/10 of all workflow rule problems are related to this. Can you post your rule for revi...

Custom header numbering
Hi all, I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new document (Word 2007). I'm trying to do the following: Heading 1 1.0 Heading 2 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.0 Heading 3 1.1.1 Heading 3 Heading 1 2.0 Heading 2 2.1 Heading 2 2.1.0 Heading 3 ... So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used. I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve. Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Bert -- Neron Follow the instructions at ...

Possible to create a rule to alert on BCC messages?
Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 Hello: I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as a blind copy. I was hoping to create a rule to alert me when I'm in the BCC field. However, when using the rules wizard, I only see the options regarding my name in the To or CC field. Is there a way to create this that I may be missing? Thank you. In article <#pJLIK1ALHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, victoria@dig.com says... > > Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 > > Hello: > > I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as ...

Excel object within Word doc
I am sure I am doing something in error ... but all I want to do is take a spreadsheet and embed it in my word doc. I click on 'Insert', then 'Object', choose 'Excel 97-2003', 'Display as Icon', copy data into spreadsheet, 'save', 'close and return' ... However, when I go to view it at a later time - the spreadsheet does not open and I end up in the picture editing part of Word. ...

Converting a Microsoft Word document to a PC document

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Ease of visibility of the Ribbon in Word 2007 and Excel 2007
As installed the colour intensity of the Ribbon in Word and Excel 2007 is very faint and it is not particularly easy to read. Is there some means of increasing the colour intensity to make it easier to read? I have fairly good sight but still have difficulty. Unless the colour intensity can be adjusted it must be virtually impossible for people with poor sight to read the details on the Ribbon. Try this (not sure if you will have this on your computer but it is worth a try):- Control Panel / Ease of Access / Ease of Access Center There are a number of options in here ...

Setting up Exchange 2003
I had this problem the other day while extending the schema in preparation for an upgrade to Exchange 2003. I searched through a lot of databases and search engines, and found that a lot of people have had this problem, but none of the forums led to a clear cut answer to the issue. So, I thought I'd share my solution to try and help others out, and save them some time and frustration. I was ready to call Microsoft support right before I figured this out. While running forest prep (setup /forestprep), setup failed with Error code 0XC103798A. It then specified to check the Exchange inst...