Setting a default open folder

Hi-
I'm using Outlook 2002 using Imap.  The folder list always
starts at Outlook Today, I want to have my imap inbox be
the default open folder when I start Outlook.  At the very
least have the imap account expanded.  I'm transferring a
bunch of people from Netscaoe mail to Outlook and want to
make the transition an easy one.

Thank you
0
angarone (1)

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

Office 2010 and Basic Authentication on IIS fails to open documents
Hi, I have just upgraded my Office 2007 to 2010 (yes the RTM build) and am running into some serious trouble accessing documents stored on a web server or SharePoint server configured to only allow Basic Authentication. Word opens as expected but does not do anything else (no prompt, no document download, nothing). Accessing any Office document on a server or SharePoint 2007/2010 server that has e.g. Integrated Windows authentication enabled, all is good I get prompted for credentials and the document downloads and opens as expected and as in Office 2007. Where is the settin...

multiple personal folders #12
HI, I have multiple "Personal Folders" directories in my Outlook 2007. The reason is probably that I imported several old archive. Is there a way to fuse or merge these directories? Or perhaps move the contents to one and than delete the other empty one? Thanks You can copy and paste from one folder to another. You can then close any folder that isn't your default (unless you corrupted your profile by importing a PST file). -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paul" <paa17@planiet.nl> wrote in message news:4968f5ea$0$30616$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl... >...

Saving user account settings to a network folder
I have been able to set Outlook to look to a network folder to see the Outlook file that has the user's mail account set up in it. However, the customized signature and other program settings are not saved in this file (outlook.pst). Is there a way to save all of the customizations to the newtork as well (another file)????? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Hi Jonathan I recently had to upgrade from Ex5.5 to Ex2k and the only way I could do this was to export all the user data to a pst file and import it in to Ex2K. The only draw back was that all the things such as rules...

Help! Unable to mount public folder store event 9519
Hi, I am getting the following error when tring to mount the public folder store. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9519 Date: 11/01/2006 Time: 00:10:26 User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: Error 0x8004010f starting database "First Storage Group\f7967383-856a-4b7f-9023-37c269a0e908" on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store. Look up of DB Info failed. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. I have tried numerous ms kb articles to no avail. I did find this on a news group :- -------------...

same look for all folders
Hello, I am using outlook 2003 ( mailbox on exchange server ) I' dont like the Show in groups view for my mail folders. I can change this view by => View,Arrange By,show in groups, but i have todo this for all folders. Can i set a default setting, so that all my folders ( also public folders ) are in the non-show in groups view? Thank you, ponch <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote: > Can i set a default setting, so that all my folders ( also public > folders ) are in the non-show in groups view? I don't know if it will apply to public folders, but here's something f...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

Exchange Server 2007 Public Folders Permission issue
We have a consultants folder with over a hundred sub folders. Is there any way to propagate the permissions down to all the sub folders? Get-PublicFolder \<Parent_Folder_Tree>\Consultants -Recurse | Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -AccessRights <see_help_for_optoins> -User <Domain\User> -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Stuart Reicher" <StuartReicher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF14A00D-D9E6-486D-9237-C7ED652524F5@microsoft.com... > We have a cons...

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

Performance problem in Vista Windows explorer if /SWAPRUN:NET is set on an executable.
I have rather big executables (about 25-35 MB). Because I want my users to easily execute my application, I don't want them to install a bunch of DLL's, just xcopy-install is OK for me (and my customers). Because my software is often run from a network drive, and my customers' networks are not always reliable, I link my executables using the /SWAPRUN:NET option. This guarantees that the whole EXE is loaded in memory before the application starts, and prevents crashes if the network connection is dropped while my application is running. This worked fine so far, BUT ... under...

Unable to open .xls file
Hello- I have Windows XP Home edition on my computer and I received an email with some info that is an .xls extensoin. I have Windows Worksheet and wanted to know how, if I could, look at this file? I also receive info with >pps (powerpoint) and am unable to open these files also. ANy suggestions? Thanx, -- Michie You may not have MSOffice. It's not part of Windows. It's a separate suite of applications. But MS does make a viewer for excel: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx and one for powerpoint: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Can't set Date Properties.
I am working with data that has dates set as text. So in a query I am using a variable that sets the text to a date suing CDATE. At least I thought it did. I notice that in forms etc when I try to set the date property to long, medium etc, there is nothing to choose so presumably it is not a date after all! Any idea what I'm doing wrong please. Cheers. Roger --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.673 / Virus Database: 435 - Release Date: 01/05/2004 Sorted. I hadn't set the function as a date. Well I am n...

Outlook 2007 Folder Status Notification
I am having issues w/the Folder Status message. It used to tell me "All folders are up to date.", now it is just saying "This folder is up to date." Anyway to make it go back? I am using a corporate version of XP as the OS if you need that. Thanks, Sophie ...

Default Email Acct
I have two email accounts at my ISP. When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? Can it be set as a default? Thanks! "Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d9ee01c43ab2$5c49d9f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have two email accounts at my ISP. > > When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? > Can it be set as a default? > > Thanks! > What version of Outlook? 2000 >-----Original Message----- >"Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:d...

Open Spreadsheet--Formatting Changed to Date??
I opened my spreadsheet and some, but not all of the columns on every sheet in the workbook has changed to a date format. I opened other spreadsheets and there was no change. Can anyone explain this. It's a real pain to deal with. ...

Sent emails not moved from Outbox to Sent folder
Using Windows Live Mail (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726) I often find that sent emails are not moved from my Outbox to my Sent folder. When first discovering this I would resend the email in the Outbox or query the intended recipient (with apologies), asking if the email had been received. In each instance the email HAD been sent, just never moved to the Sent folder. 1) Is there any way I can determine if mail sitting in my Outbox has actually been sent -- without querying the recipient? 2) Is there any way I can get Windows Live Mail to properly move sent emails from ...

How can you set up a form that the cursor only moves to cells tha.
I have set up a form. Now I want my cusor to move through the worksheet only in certain cells. I want to be able to go from one cell that needs to be filled out to the next cell that needs to be filled out automatically. Example , move from cell a3 to c19 automatically. How can I do that? Hi! You can accomplish that by setting sheet protection. Select all the cells that you want to be able to navigate to then goto Format>Cells>Protection tab. Uncheck Locked. Now, goto Tools>Protection>Protect sheet. A list of options will appear. Uncheck Select locked cells and check...

Setting default date system to 1900 versus 1904
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work in a large corporation that uses excel 100 times a day. My issue is that most of the files we work with are created on Win platform which defaults to the 1900 date system. When I create on the Mac, it defaults to the 1904 date system. I realize I can change the date format in preferences on an individual basis but is there anyway to set the default to 1900 versus me having to remember to go to preferences every time on each individual sheet? Thx On 3/4/09 9:22 AM, in article 59b6e6ef.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,...

Parent / child settings on a second subform?
All, I tried to solve this in December, but without success... I'm not a newbie, but I'm not very good in db desgining as well, it's more like trail and error :)... Ok, so I'm creating a db where the history of submitted documents (which are part of a project) can be traced. A document can be submitted more than once. So in short, this is how it is: 1st level - General project information (displayed on tabpage1); 2nd level - Project related documents (displayed on tabpage2). 3rd level - Muliple revisions of the project related document (displayed on tabpage3). ...

Set Expire property of data cache
Dear Friends How to set Expire property of cache in Data Caching. I have taken one Cache["myData"] I only have to give its expire property, not any other property. I just want Cache should expire after 15 minute. Please help me. How to do it. Thanks in Advance "Deep" <vinodkus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:479a2486-2743-4dbf-bbe4-0f192a3222ba@j16g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > How to set Expire property of cache in Data Caching. > > I have taken one Cache["myData"] > > I only have to give its expire property, ...

Default to GAL
Ex 2003, Outlook XP. I have a user complaining that whenever they type the name of an internal user, Outlook resolves this to the user's private email address and the mail is sent out on to the Internet, not locally to the internal mailbox. If I click on the To... box to view the address book, I see on the top right that the "Show names from the" selection is showing a set of contacts in the Outlook Address Book, not the GAL. How can I set this Outlook to look in the GAL first? I tried deleting the user's .nk2 file, but this didn't help. Thanks, Neal start ...

VBA code to default item lookup by description
What is the code needed to add an item lookup that will default the sort by description and start the description lookup with what was entered in the item number field on the Sales Transaction window. Thank you, Amy ...

how do i set up to auto detect duplicated numbers in an excel fiel
I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peabody wrote: > I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to > ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients > numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! ...

Can I config Outlook folders in my archive.pst to hold both Post and Notes?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C7F9DE.84A377F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can I config Outlook folders in my archive.pst to hold both Post and = Notes? If so how? TIA Chris. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C7F9DE.84A377F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"t...

users folders in windows 7
We are in the process of upgrading to windows 7 and have come across a strange issue. We had an issue with someone's user profile so we tried to rename it and have the user log back in. At this time, a temp profile was created. The problem did not correct, so we moved all important information and deleted the user account. When the person logged back in, another temp folder was created. Has anyone run into this issue/problem yet? Hello, Lu, On 29 Apr., 17:25, Lu <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are in the process of upgrading to windows 7 and have com...