Set "Outlook Anywhere" via GPO

Hi there,

Is it possible to set the value of the "Outlook Anywhere" field using GPO?
I have both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 clients.

Thanks,

Exchange 2007 and outlook anywhere
I have installed Exchange 2007 and setup outlook anywhere (RPC over HTTP). All installation and setup steps seems to have finished correctly but i am not able to connect properly. When trying to connect to outlook anywhere from a computer outside my network the systems keeps asking me for log on credentials over and over again. The autodiscovery test function in Outlook 2007 reports green light an no errors. Any suggestions to what might be wrong with my setup or installation or maybe anyone can point me to some tool or whitepaper that can be used to search for errors, are you using t...

Set "Outlook Anywhere" via GPO
Hi there, Is it possible to set the value of the "Outlook Anywhere" field using GPO? I have both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 clients. Thanks, ...

Outlook Anywhere Client Settings
Is there any way to auto populate these settings in outlook? I have it currently configured and running on our Exchange 2007 envirnoment 100%. SSL cert is installed with SAN as well. Do you have autodiscover published to DNS? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What...

I want to be able to manage Outlook ANYWHERE!
Please help! I need to be able to access my email (old,new,folders) and my contacts wherever I am (Home,Work,Laptop,& HP IPAQ). I have Outlook 2003 on all except my IPAQ (i think). As of now the only place I have my 2 email accounts going to is my office, what I hate is being somewhere else and not being able to look at any email or contacts becasue I am not sure how to set up multiple Outlooks for the same accounts. (Not sure if that makes sense) Any help would be great! -- Always Grateful, Rochelle Rochelle <Rochelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help! I...

Outlook Anywhere and Out of Office Assistant
I have an Outlook Anywhere connection to my Exchange 2007 server configured in cached exchange mode. Everything seems to work EXCEPT the Out of Office assistant. Whenever I try to use that feature I'm told the server is unavailable. I've been told this was a problem that began with Vista and continues with Win 7 because the client is more "picky" about security issues than were earlier client operating systems. Anyone have experience with this and suggestions for things I can try? I'm new here, hoping for help. Thanks so much, Jim Robertson Did it ever ...

Sporadic Issue with Outlook Anywhere
Some users report that Outlook does not always auto-detect when to use HTTPS (Outlook Anywhere) and when to use TCP/IP (MAPI RPC). In the dialog box Microsoft Exchange Proxy Settings, the default setting is selected: * On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP. Some times when these users are disconnected from the corporate network, they report that Outlook freezes until they change the Microsoft Exchange Proxy Settings to: * On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP Then Outlook Anywhere works. According to my knowledge (and experie...

Oultook 2007 fails to connect using outlook anywhere
From a remote office connected to the Internet, using Win XP and Outlook 2007 I cannot connect to the sbs2003 exchange server at head office using Outlook Anywhere. With another laptop (also on Win XP and Outlook 2007) I can. Process to date: 1. Laptop A & B use Win XP and Outlook 2007 2. Both on the same wireless Internet connection 3. Both can connect to the Internet OK 4. Both can connect using VPN 5. Both use exactly the same Outlook Anywhere account settings (https://mail.ourdomain.co.uk, Basic Authentication etc...) 6. A connects straight away, B does not 7. Both u...

Hosted Exchange/ Outlook Anywhere
We've started looking into hosted Exchange services for our clients. I always imagined that hosted Exchange would be set up on a client workstation using Outlook Anywhere and would be fairly simple. I was very disappointed to see that Microsoft's hosted Exchange service requires a separate logon application to make Outlook work with it, and I was further dismayed when a Microsoft technician was unable to get that separate application set up on a workstation for us after a couple of hours of troubleshooting. Does anyone offer a hosted Exchange service that simply uses th...

Outlook Anywhere configuration
Can someone explain these settings in OL Anywhere: *On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP *On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP I have heard that a slow network is defined <128K (the connection to the MSX server I assume). I want clients to connect via HTTP when not on the LAN (i.e. at home, airport, offsite) but always connect via TCP/IP when on the LAN. Changing these settings has no effect when connected to the LAN and has not effect when offsite. It works as expected, but I'm not sure the best way to set these....

Outlook Anywhere
Hi, I've just got Outlook Anywhere/RPC over HTTPS working, and I've been testing the setup of Outlook. But I seem to be having a few problems. Firstly, I tried just adding the Exchange Proxy settings to my existing profile. This works OK when out of the office, users are asked to authenticate to the PRC proxy, and then Outlook connects, pretty quickly 10 - 20 seconds. However, when in the office, users are still asked to authenticate, I assume Outlook is still trying to connect to the RPC Proxy, rather than going straight to the Exchange server. This is also highlighted because we ru...

Outlook Anywhere and NTLM
Can anyone answer a quick question. When configuring OUtlook Anywhere you can sleect either NTLM or Basic Authentication. Even though the communication sare over SSL I still prefer to use NTLM. My question is if I elect to use NTLM does this mean that they can only access Outlook Anywhere from a PC that is a member of my domain? If they configure it on their hom PC and I enforce NTLM will they be prmpted to login? Will it work from a non Domain member PC? ...

Outlook Anywhere
We have a server (2003 Standard SP1) with Exchange 2007 and are trying to set up Outlook Anywhere. Have installed RPC over HTTPS and successfully enabled Outlook Anywhere Service. Autodiscover appears to be installed correctly (when visiting in browser after prompting for authentication, provides 600 error. apparently normal). Upon attempting to connect and check names in Outlook 2007 using HTTP proxy pointing to SSL secured address, we receieve the authentication box; when username and password is entered, brings up box again. This can be repeated indefinitely until cancel is pushed. Any i...

Autodiscover/Outlook anywhere CAS multiple sites
Hello all If i have multiple sites, (site1, site2) each site has its own mailbox server CAS server and HT server. I have enabled Outlook anywhere and configured autodiscover, for my outlook 2007 clients, on the CAS server at the main office (site1) I have also purchased a certificate and installed the cert on the CAS server that is in site1. Now when a user that lives in site2 fires up Outlook 2007 puts in the email address and password, they will look for the A record for Autodiscovery.domainname.com, and this record will point to the NAT device that is at Site1, then the request is f...

Outlook Anywhere not connecting; Outlook 2007 client external to Exchange 2007 SP2
Running Exchange 2007 SP2 with a few users migrated from Novell Groupwise. The following works: Outlook 2003/2007 client (internal ONLY), ActiveSync on smartphones, Outlook Web Access w/ SSL (internal & external). I'm trying to get an Outlook 2007 client that is external to the network connected but for some reason things just won't work. I've enabled Outlook Anywhere on the Exchange server, but things just aren't working. Help!!! Bill Hi Bill, Do you have Port 80 & 443 open on your firewall? Did you enable NTLM or Basic Authentication for Ou...

Outlook anywhere SBS 2008 sync issues
I am having an issue with connecting to our SBS 2008 server with Outlook anywhere. It is setup and working 50% of the time but I will get sync issues and emails not coming through/sending from my Outlook client. Emails will sit in my outbox etc We have a GoDaddy certificate on our SBS 2008 box and other users are not having this issue, it has actually been going on for quite a while for me and will either fix itself after a few hours and emails will start flowing again or need a couple of reboots on my home workstation. I have done a few clean installs of Windows 7 over the pa...

Setup Outlook Anywhere in Entourage 2008 WSE
One of my user got Entourage 2008 WSE and would like to setup Outlook Anywhere on it. It works fine once he get a VPN connection but it doesn't work without VPN connection. Does anyone know how to setup Outlook Anywhere in Entourage 2008 WSE? Please advise me how I can setup Entourage 2008 WSE. Thanks in advance. On 1/24/10 1:35 PM, Cheongseo wrote: > One of my user got Entourage 2008 WSE and would like to setup Outlook > Anywhere on it. > It works fine once he get a VPN connection but it doesn't work without VPN > connection. > Does anyone know how ...

Outlook Anywhere connection problems
Hey everyone, I have a laptop that running Outlook 2007 that is configured to use Outlook anywhere. The users mailbox downloads and they are able to send/receive outside of our office, however when the user attempts to add a calendar appointment they get the follow error: "The connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable". Any ideas? The microsoft exchange connection status window shows I'm connected via HTTPS so I have no idea whats wrong :/ On Dec 10, 10:18=A0am, wildgoosed <david.wildgo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey everyone, > > I have a l...

Outlook Anywhere for Outlook 2007
Has anyone had issues with configuring Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP)? maximus_max wrote: > Has anyone had issues with configuring Outlook Anywhere (RPC over > HTTP)? I'm sure there are people who have had problems. And I'm sure there are people who haven't had problems. If you're having problems, you might want to expand upon them. You also might want to look at posting to the Exchange newsgroups, if perchance your issue seems to be server related (ie, none of the clients are able to connect) vs. a single client having problems, which could be either Outlook ...

outlook anywhere sbs 2003 exchange 2003 sp2
Hello all, Quick question, I haven't managed to get outlook clients to connect over the internet as yet, could anyone let me know if all the following have to be true: * server HAS to have a certificate from a trusted CA ( clients are able to access /remote by accepting the certificate warning ok - I wasn't planning to buy a commercial certificate) * the client machines HAVE to already have been set up inside the domain * the client machines HAVE to already have joined the domain. I'm hoping there is some way of permanently accepting the ssl certificate so ie and ou...

Exchange 2007 Outlook Anywhere connection using TCP/IIP for direct
Exchange 2007 installed on the same AD server . Role in Exchange (Client, Mailbox, UM & Hub) . OWA is working fine. Mail flow is working fine. Outlook configured to connect using Outlook Anywhere , when I check the connection status in outlook Mail type is connecting using HTTPs & all directory type is connecting using TCP/IP Why? What is the fix Thanks Prem ...

Outlook Anywhere (Exchange 2007)
I can't seem to get Outlook Anywhere working, and I'm not sure why. From most of the things I've read it should "just work" once enabled, but so far no luck. I have a multi-server Exchange environment. The Client Access servers (CA0 and CA1) and the Mailbox server (MB0) are on the same subnet. On CA0, I installed the RPC Proxy networking component. I also generated a self-signed SSL certificate for ca0.mydomain.com and installed it at the Default Web Site level on CA0. I then enabled Outlook Anywhere on CA0 and rebooted for good measure since I'd made so many...

Outlook Anywhere Exchange 2007
Hello all Can Outlook Anywhere provision Outlook 2007 clients for rpc over https, so i dont have to manually configure each client? I have Outlook anywhere working on my exchange 2007 server, but i have to manually configure each client in order to make a connection. I have a valid 3rd party cert on the exchange server. I would like to be able to have outlook anywhere do the work for me, is this possible and if so what do i need to do so the clients can read the xml file and then get provisioned for rpc over https ? Also when i run the command test-outlookwebservices i get one error ...

Outlook Anywhere disable password prompt
Hi group, I have one problem. I can't manage to disable password prompt for Outlook Anywhere. User uses computer which isn't joined to domain. After login information is provided, everything works fine. I have tried to store login information in the "Stored User Names and passwords". But this isn't working. Is there a way to solve this puzzle? Server configuration: Exchange Server 2007 SP2 Update Rollup 2 Authentication is set to "Basic" mode. Client configuration: Windows XP SP3 Outlook 2007 SP2 Server certificate is installed. Thank You...

Outlook anywhere certificate error message.
Hey everyone. I'm getting a certificate error when I attempt to use outlook anywhere on a laptop outside our corporate firewall. I'm getting the error because the host name on the certificate is set to the local host name of the machine ( computer.domain.local ). I understand that I should probably be using a Unified Communication Certificate, so I can have multiple host names, though the budgets are tight right now and I will not be able to purchase one for a few months. Is it possible to use my current certificate and somehow bypass this? You can put an entry in ev...