seperating categories to view/print on desktop.

Looking for help related to MS Outlook. I have MS Outlook
2002 and use it to synch with my HP PDA. I have my work,
personal, and family calendar items in the same Outlook
file. From what I understand I have to have them in one
file for my PDA to get the data. I can easily sort the
different items on my PDA by assigning them to one of the
three categories. BUT - when I am on my desk top computer
I cant get them to display (on my screen) or print in
seperate categories. I want to be able to view and print
them seperately. Any ideas?
0
tmwerth (1)

You can easily set up custom views to filter based on category.

Todd wrote:
> Looking for help related to MS Outlook. I have MS Outlook
> 2002 and use it to synch with my HP PDA. I have my work,
> personal, and family calendar items in the same Outlook
> file. From what I understand I have to have them in one
> file for my PDA to get the data. I can easily sort the
> different items on my PDA by assigning them to one of the
> three categories. BUT - when I am on my desk top computer
> I cant get them to display (on my screen) or print in
> seperate categories. I want to be able to view and print
> them seperately. Any ideas?

0
lanwench (7567)

How do I print only one item on a page instead of multiple.
I'm trying to print out a badge in publishing on XP pro. and I only want to print out 1 badge and not a repeat of the same badge on the page. This was easy to do on 98 pub., all I had to do was x out the ones I didn't want on page preview. Is there a way to do this or am I goint to have to waste a sheet? "dummy06" wrote: > I'm trying to print out a badge in publishing on XP pro. and I only want to > print out 1 badge and not a repeat of the same badge on the page. This was > easy to do on 98 pub., all I had to do was x out the ones I didn't want on ...

Split category problems
When I enter my credit card payment in my checking account file, I want to split the categories so I can itemize what I purchased on my credit cards. However, the amounts I spent are different than amount of payment. i.e payment $200, charges on the statement $300 or payment is $300 and only charge during the month was a finance charge. From what I see the program always wants category charges to equal the payment Is there another way to track the categories for expenditures on a credit card as well as the payments? Can anyone help with this? In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote...

hide printing
Hi, I would like know how to hide certain cell. while printing. exampl if C1 is no value i want to hide A1 (which is always have a text in it to be hide while printing, i heard about font color change to white an all , So, please explain thanks nowfa -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > I would like know how to hide certain cell. while printing. example > if C1 is no value i want to hide A1 (which is always have a text in > it) to be hide while print...

Keeping Page Title but not printing it
We are using certain pages as formal letters that need to be printed out. I would like to have the page title to organize, but when the page prints, I do not want the page Title to print. I can't image there is no way to do that... Thoughts? -- dwayner79 > We are using certain pages as formal letters that need to be printed > out. I would like to have the page title to organize, but when the > page prints, I do not want the page Title to print. I can't image > there is no way to do that... NO, there is no way to achieve what you want. A workaro...

How to seperate worksheets so each displays on different monitors
When I open two excel worksheets they open up in a excel window. I can't seperate them to view them on seperate monitors. I was able to view the worksheets in seperate windows on different monitors until lately. Not sure what I did to change the view. Open up a seperate session of XL. I.e., open first file, then open up another session of XL, and from there open the 2nd file. They should now be two seperate windows. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "ValD2009" wrote: > When I open two excel worksheets they open ...

unable to delete admin. tools icon on desktop
somehow i have a admin.tools icon in control pannel and one on the desktop. nothing that i try will allow my to delete it or move it. the machine in question has a registry entry for control pannel and for desktop none of my other machines have an entry in desktop. below is registry entries HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\EXPLORER\CONTROLPANEL\NAMESPACE\ {D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153} (DEFAULT) REG_SZ ADMINSTRATIVE TOOLS AND HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\EXPLORER\DESKTOP\NAMESPACE\ {D20EA4E1-3957...

How do I print a Background
In the excel form that I am creating, people will be filling out the cells by hand. It is important that they do not write in the margins, because the filled out forms will be faxed in, and what is written in the margins won't come through. I want to fill the margins with something like "Do not write outside the border". Does any one know how to get this effect, and have it print about 1" wide, all the way around the edge and as close to the edge as possible. Maybe you could add a textbox or two to the first column (and last column, first row and last row, too). If y...

Printing gridlines 2007
I have a wksht where I can see the gridlines, and have selected a checkmark to print out with the gridlines. However, if I do a print preview or print, the gridlines are missing in the output. I must have turned something off accidentally. Bob ...

print username in footer
I need to know who prints confidential worksheets and leaves them laying around. Hi FloydT Use this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = "Print by: " & Environ("Username") _ & " on " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yy hh:mm:ss") Next wkSht End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "FloydT" <FloydT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Macro for Print page 1 thru x
can i write a macro to print page 1 thru x, with the x as a cell value for the user to input....for example some people want to print 1 thru 3, 1 thru 6, 1 thru 9....i just want them to key the 3 or 6 or 9 or whatever and the print macro refers to it. thanks for any help you can provide. t Two examples to get you started... and an alternative. Macro 1 will use the value stored in Sheet 1. No matter which sheet the use has opened. Macro 2 will use the value stored in A1 in whatever sheet happens to be active at the time. Sub Macro1() Dim xPages xPages = Worksheets("Sheet1")....

Email not refreshing unless switch views???
XP pro, Office XP installed and all updates on two machines. If they send each other an email via our exchange server they do not appear immediatly, even after repeated send and receives they dont show. That is unless you say switch to a calender and then back again and hey presto they appear. On the Win2000 system next door running Office 2000 its perfect, works like a dream, On the Office Xp systems they can sometimes "take" 20 mins to show up unless you switch views. I had hair once....now its falling out, anybody got any smart idea's of how i can solve this problem? Thanks...

open attachment
Im using an IMAP account. When I have an attachment open, and then change emails in outlook to view another email, Outlook decides to create a second copy of the email with the open attachment, and "mark for deletion" the first email. In doing to Outlook locks up as the copy is created and uploaded to my IMAP server. Does anyone know how to stop it doing this? Im using Outlook 2003. Many thanks!! G. Don't open an email from within outlook - save it to the hard drive first. Or get in the habit of closing the attachment before changing messages. Also, make sure you have all ...

Unable to View/Edit XSD in Visual Studio .NET 2003 Ent Arch
Visual Studio is unable to display the XSD for editing. When I attempt to open one from the solution explorer, part of the editing surface attempts to display the XSD but it never fully repaints and displays the image. This occurs when I attempt to open an existing one or when I use the Add New Item, Dataset steps from the menu to create a new dataset. The dataset is usable in code but I am unable to edit it. I can view the .vb file but I know it is not recommended to edit this file directly. Any suggestions? -- S Stone Creative Data Consulting ...

Report Writer
I have a client that keeps forgetting to select the custom form size when printing a report in a pre printed form. Is there a way for me to set the properties of the report to choose a specifc form, a default form? Hi Harry Have you checked whether this report is controllable by Named Printers. With Named Printers you can select the printer and all its settings to be used for individual supported reports. David Musgrave [MSFT] Original Developer of Named Printers Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynami...

Problems with printing transparency
I design a publication using Publisher 2007, and I have been trying without success to print graphics with transparency. My problem is this: I have saved my graphic as PNG-8, PNG-24 and GIFs to knockout said white background. They show up fine on screen when I'm designing but once I print using CutePDF, the white background is still there. I've tried using the transparency tool on the picture toolbar as well and cannot get it to print without the background. I've also tried using the "Publish as PDF or XPS option" but it seems to make it worse by adding wh...

Printing multiple reports per ID
Hello, I am trying to figure out how to print multiple reports per ID ("Username", text field). I guess it would be like packets of reports. I am passing values to the report through the Where statement that I obtain by looping through a multiselect listbox ending up with a string resembling: [Username] IN ("Value1", "Value2", ...) I imagine I have to loop through the reports as I loop through the Usernames. I just can't sort it out in my head. Appreciate the help in advance. -Chris Well, it depends a bit on exactly what you want. If the print ...

Avoid Printing the Combo Box with the Chart
I have a chart sheet with a combo box which I use to select the county I'm interesting in plotting. My question for the group - is there a way to keep the combo box from printing with the chart? Perhaps what I need to do is simply create the chart on a worksheet and print it from there. Just thought I would ask. Its not critical, but I thought it would look nicer if I could leave the combo box off. I wanted to use the chart sheet just to keep things "cleaner". Mike Hi, Right click the combo box and on the properties tab uncheck the Print Object. Cheers Andy mtonkovich...

View Owner in Active Contacts View
Hi I am the new administrator for our CRM installation, more of a Sales manager/Admin role really. What I'd like to know is there an easy way to view All Active Contacts with the Consultant name who actually owns the acount on the same view. I hope that's clearly asked. Bill Chad That sounds spot on, thanks. D I chnage the View categories in the Settings Area? Bill chad. buser @ ncsi. cc wrote: > Im going by your subject line here because this can be interpreted in > different ways. If you are looking to view the Contact owner in the Active > Contacts view, yes you ...

Text boxes not printing...in Word 2007
When placing a text box over an image - it shows in the Word document. But when printing, it either does not print the text at all or only prints a few characters. I'm running Word 2007. Thank You Constance At Office Button | Word Options | Display, make sure you have "Print drawings created in Word" checked. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "caharbin" <caharbin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52724686-D7AC-4146-9414-60712CFEF672@microsoft.com... > ...

Rules in Define View disappear
I created a new view MyView using Define Views (and automatic formatting) in Outlook. I added several rules to customize font colors based on different conditions. I also modified the standard view Unread Messages in This Folder also using Define Views. After flipping back and forth a few times between MyView and Unread Messages in This Folder the customized font colors in MyView disappear. When I reopen the automatic formatting form in Define Views the rules I created are gone. The custom formatting in Unread Messages in This Folder is still OK. How can I prevent the rules from ...

Print preview #3
Is there anyway of scrolling through all worksheets in a workbook in print preview. Rather than having to close the print preview, select the next worksheet and then go to print preview again. Select all sheets: Keep Ctrl depressed while you click on tabs or: Keep Shift depressed, click on first, then last tab HTH -- AP "Graham Whitehead" <gwhitehead77@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: u6IqJZ1pGHA.2400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there anyway of scrolling through all worksheets in a workbook in print > preview. Rather than having to close the pri...

Notebook layout view issue
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3221819567_796743 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The title of section tabs doesn�t appear in the notebook layout of my Word 2004, i.e. Not a single word can display on the tab... Is it a bug? --B_3221819567_796743 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Notebook layout view issue</TITLE&...

To Do List Missing in Windows Live Desktop
I would like to have access offline to the to do list I am creating online through windows live but I cannot find where the to do list appears in Windows live Desktop. The Calendar events are syncing great - so it's not a problem with syncing - I simply can't see anywhere to access the to do list on WLD To Do is a web UI option, not locally available in Windows Live Mail. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "timothy0072" <timothy0072@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B82C97A8-9759-4BB2-B2C1-BE46E475728C@microsoft.com... > I would like t...

Hiding disqualified entities from a view?
When I disqualify a Lead or an Account the entities still display in my views. How do I go about hiding disqualified entities. Are you referring to custm views? If so, then you need to include the State in your filter criteria to only display records with the desired state. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "lxhiss" <lxhiss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71008790-F295-448C-98BF-6FC8AB61A1A4@microsoft.com... When I disqualify a Lead or an Account the entities still display in my views. How do I go about hiding disqualified entities. It is actuall...

Enable Outlook to view Public Folder while viewing the Favorite Fo
How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able to view the Mail Favorite Folder windows. We are on XP pro along with Outlook 2007 using 2008 Small business server standard that has 2007 Exchange server. ...