Separate inboxes for separate accounts

How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail
accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail
came from? Using Outlook 2000.
0
anonymous (74722)

I'm a novice but I just ask that question and
dl@spoofmail.com gave me the following advice:

It is done with rules.

1st create your folders (sounds like you've done that.)

Then select Tools / rules & alerts / New Rule...

This brings up a wizard.

Select "move messages from someone to a folder"
next>
[*] Thorugh the specified account
    Then under Step2 select the words "specified" &
follow the wizard.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/6/2004 11:37:29 PM
The short and simple version...

1 - Create a new folder for each account.
2 - Create a new rule for each account to automatically move new email into
the correct folder depending on which account it originated from.

Dan

"Jim Z" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail
> accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail
> came from? Using Outlook 2000.

0
Dan

Outlook 2002 Multiple E-Mail Accounts #2
Hi... Is there something client side that causes bad username or passwords to be sent to a web host? I have 8 seperate e- mail addresses on my domain, they are all set up correctly complete with their own individual mail rules to route them to their appropriate folders, and without fail, when I send-receive, one or more pops up with a "can't login" type of error usually connected to the password. It's not always the same one either. Kind of frustrating. Is this common? ...

(CRM 3.0) Adding separate CRM password for application access
Hi, I have a client who wishes to store very sensitive data on their CRM 3.0 deployment. Their security requirements state that users must log in to the package using a separate password from their windows one. The other caveat is that we can't create any more AD accounts for this, so creating a separate set of AD accounts just to access the CRM package is out. Playing around with the javascript files that come with CRM I've managed to get the application to ask for a password when first running the app, then use a web service to verify the password on a separate database before savi...

User reports lost messages from Inbox in exchange 2000
Good day. I have a disconcerting issue. A user logged onto his email at a remote location yesterday where he had 400 messages in his inbox. Today he reports that he has only 16 messages in his inbox. He said he did not archive on the remote machine. Is there any system log that I can access to check this type of mailbox activity? -- Network Administrator Neal & Massy Automotive Limited Trinidad Nigel I think you have two options. The first is a Mailbox manager process ran and the inbox items were processed. Check your Exchange server to see if this true. Two, a client side proces...

Dummy Outlook account for calendaring?
Is there a way to set up a dummy Outlook account so that a user can share a calendar by syncing from a PDA? Our new principal has an Outlook icon on her desktop that does not connect to any mail server and she uses that for her calendar. She wants to set up the same scenario on the secretary's computer. Our company email is on an Exchange Server but she does not want the calendar on the network, nor does she want to share the desktop. I have looked at using profiles but that requires shutting down the secretary's exchange login, which is not acceptable. Any ideas? Steve...

Missing accounts on Windows Live Mail
I just started my Windows Live Mail and I noticed (when I went to download new messages) that my 2 Hotmail accounts and my 1 Live account was missing (all my ISP, Gmail and Yahoo accounts were intact). I can still log into my accounts (using my browser), any ideas on why (or how to prevent this from happening again)? I can (probably) reset up my accounts for Windows Live Mail again, but I really don't want another repeat... I've never seen or heard of this before. It sounds like you will indeed have to re-enter your hotmail account information I'm afraid. Once you&...

SOP, Sites and Modifying Accounts
Hello, we want to track sales made from different sites. I've been reading where GP can do this via swapping out the value you set in Site Maintenance but I=92m not exactly sure how this works. Please tell me if I=92m correct or not. In Inventory Control you select what segment you are using for location or site. You can also rename this segment in that screen so let=92s say our segment 4 is the segment that identifies our sites so you can rename the segment something like S4_Locatoin (to indicate segment 4 is used for location) and that label will now show up in in the Site M...

CRM4: How to remove More Addresses for Accounts
Is it possible to remove (or hide) the More Addresses (and other sections) from the left-hand side when viewing an Account? you need to customize the ISV.config file please consult the SDK on how to implement this customization. "Bevan Edwards" <BevanEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1E8F7E6-ADA1-4865-9E85-458B6B3BCD6A@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to remove (or hide) the More Addresses (and other sections) > from the left-hand side when viewing an Account? Just remove the left nav bar item with js - numerous exapmples around - try w...

On account field in sales orders
For some of our invoices, the on account field is zero for some of the invoices although the invoices have subtotals and grand totals. There is no amount received on the invoice when entering in. As a result, the amount remaining on the resulting receivables invoice is zero. We need to run reconcile on the receivables invoice to fix it so that we can accept payment. Has anyone seen this before on Great Plains 8? Are you on SP5? -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Stacey" wrote: > For some of our invoic...

External Associated Accounts
I need a group of people to access a resource mailbox in a different forest. The External Associated Accounts Exchange only allows for one user to access. Can any one help or is this a no go! Thanks you, what do you mean? once you grant the "Self" account "External Associated Account" and "full mailbox" access, you can grant permissions to the mailbox to any number of people... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9EC97A2-34AD-446D-BE6B-6A69810EA2C7@microsoft.com... >I need a group o...

Fidelity 401k account download problem
Greetings. I'm using Money 2007. For the past couple of months now when I download my active statement from Fidelity with Money I have a weird mutual fund matching problem that occurs. My portfolio/account includes PTTRX - Pimco Total Returns Institutional. The imported statement tries to match PTTRX to PTMDX (Pimco Total Return Mortgage). I have a closed position in PTMDX from a different account in Money. I've tried renaming and chaning the symbol for PTMDX, but that has not helped. It's a minor annoyance, but I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions on how to ...

Can't find messages in inbox
I opened windows mail in vista this morning and all of my messages are missing. It indicates I have 16 messages not opened, but I can't see any of them. I have messages in other boxes. The current view is show all messages. Can anyone tell me how to find the missing messages? -- Linda You may have some database corruption. You can try repairing it = (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). Also, you can examine the message store to = see if the eml files are actually under the inbox directory (see = www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm and the section on WinMail). =20 Problems such as t...

How do duplicate e-mail messages arrive in Inbox?
I thought I was alone in the world. I really cannot afford $24.00 solution! What's the $24.00 solution? "Lax" <Lax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08D3D3E8-014E-4E58-9884-66BB27D472AE@microsoft.com... :I thought I was alone in the world. I really cannot afford $24.00 solution! : "Lax" <Lax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08D3D3E8-014E-4E58-9884-66BB27D472AE@microsoft.com... >I thought I was alone in the world. I really cannot afford $24.00 >solution! Since you neglected to quote any of the thread to whi...

breakdown adresses into separate fields
I have a table of about 12,000 addresses containig a Street No, street name and a suffix (ave, dr, etc). Can I break this into separate fields? (there are also some two-word street names which, of course, have a space between the two words.) I need to puul the street # up to the space into a field, then the suffix following the last space into a field leaving the remaining street name in a field by itsself). How can I accomplish this feat?? thanx - d On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:50:00 -0800, David# <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table of about 12,000 addresses...

Online Update problem when adding bank account
I have Money 2006. I can add all of my credit card accounts fine and they work perfectly. When I add my Chase Bank account & credit card account, suddenly it no longer does ANY updating. It won't synch to MSN, I can't add a new account (it tells me Account Update is temporarily unavailable), and none of the Credit Card accounts will update. Is there something I'm missing? It is always good to try a file repair. Also, in internet option you should delete temp files -- Neil "EnderAKH" <EnderAKH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:832E...

automatically insert table into lots of separate word documents
Hi, i need to insert a table (from ms word or excel) into 250,000 ms word documents. this table needs to be inserted into page 1 of each of the documents. i am using ms wood 2003. Is there any software or quick method to do this ? thanks You could use a modification of the method in the See the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins -...

I open a CSV file with excel, but the text is separate with comma!
How can I see the text separate with column, not comma. When I open the same file with another computer, it is separate with column. It has probably something to do with my computer. Select Column A (that contains your text) and then select Data, Text to Columns, Delimted, Comma, and Finish. This should separate into Columns as per it's display. August Wrote: > How can I see the text separate with column, not comma. When I open the > same > file with another computer, it is separate with column. It has > probably > something to do with my computer. -- Bryan H...

Lookup table that takes into account 2 values to give 1 output value
Hi I am wanting to create a lookup table that uses 2 values as an assessment tool. The table looks at peoples perfomance (P) levels and a percentage between each level to give a numerical value output. Cell B1 contains 'P Level' (input value, this ranges from P1 to P8). Cell B2 contains the percentage (input value). In columns G are the 'P level' values, in column H are the percentages (the percentages are divided into 5th's, between 1 and 20%, between 21 and 40%, between 41 and 60%, between 61 and 80% and between 81and 100%. In column I are numerical values. I want to cr...

Multiple POP accounts?
Hi. I have 2 POP accounts set up in Outlook 2003. Both work fine. However, I would like all outgoing mail to be sent via account #2 (the default account). New messages properly default to account #2. However any mail received via account #1 defaults to sending replies via account #1. I have to manually change it each time to send via account #2. In send/receive options, account #1 is set to only receive, but that doesn't seem to matter. Maybe there's a way to apply a rule to rewrite (or remove?) the "Delivered-To" header as soon as a message is received from account #1...

Why does the e-newsletter template break up in an inbox?
I have used a Publisher newsletter template for E-mail. I have sent it to a large group. To my knowledge, everyone received it as it appeared appropriately in the preview box before sending it. Only one person is having it break up in their in box. What is causing this problem? With so many different ways to receive email, that question just cannot be answered. At least not without a bit more info. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ethiopiagirl" <Ethiopiagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1650D2B2-D31A-4226-A075-5AC3EB62483B@microsoft...

Why do accounts that use CashEdge not update?
I have two accounts that depend on the CashEdge interface for updating accounts they stopped updating (again) 4 days ago. I have a CashEdge Account Accumulation account and the same accounts update via that interface with no problems. The interface between Microsoft servers and CashEdge seem to not be working again. I had this problem 2 weeks ago and had a case open with Microsoft and after 4 or 5 days the accounts updated and Microsoft closed the case. Any one else have problems updating accounts that use the CashEdge inteface? Same here, but I didn't know what to call it. U...

Linking to Schwab brokerage accounts
Two or three months ago, Microsoft changed the investor service on msn.com so it no longer imports data from Schwab. As a result I have been unable to keep track of my accounts since then except on the Schwab site, one account at a time. And, except for one remaining .inv file with my account information from August in it, I have lost all my historical trading information. If I buy MS Money, does anyone know if 1) it will import the data from my remaining .inv file, and 2) does it restore an electronic link with Schwab accounts? Thanks in advance. Jay I'm not sure I understand ...

Question about credit card accounts and budgets
I have setup a credit card account and I want to track my balance, so I setup a transfer from checking to the CC account. It shows up in my budget under Transfers, but on all the budget reports (like Spending By Category or Weekly Spending), it doesn't show up. It seems like I have tried every different way to setup my accounts so I can budget payments and track the balance, but there's always one thing that doesn't work correctly. Can someone explain the "right" way to set up a basic checking and debt account so I can budget things and track the balance? And...

Navigation Buttons for Account Rollup Inquiry
It would be nice to have navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen in Account Rollup Inquiry to move from one Option ID to another. It is sort of a pain to do the lookup every time. Also, why do I have to click Redisplay? The first time I view an Option ID, I want to see data, not blank rows. -- Elisabeth ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion...

Pre-tax accounts & budgeting
OK... maybe I'm stupid, but how do I do the following? (Using Money 2003 Deluxe - Yes, I've suffered with this problem for 1.5 years now.) I have a medical pre-tax spending account set up on my paycheck so on my budget this amount shows under the "Transfer out of budget accounts" group (along with my 401k deduction). My pre-tax account is set up as an "asset" account. Here is my question. When I record an expense or withdrawl for a doctor's bill, etc., what category am I supposed to use? How does this whole process work? I knew how to do this in Qui...

Portfolio value by investment account
At the moment I have two accounts of investment and I would like to compare their results for a period of determined time. Like January till September, It could obtain a line chart with its results? ...