sent messages remains in outbox

Hello,

I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally
have a problem where the message doesn't leave the Outbox. She'll send the
message, close Outlook and shut down her computer for the night. When she
comes back in the following morning and opens Outlook, the message is still
in the outbox. Any ideas on what might be happening?

Oulook connects to a pop based mail server. We don't use Exchange.

Thanks,
Rod

0
reason1000 (11)

It's Outlook 2002 (XP) not 2003.

> Hello,
>
> I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally
> have a problem where the message doesn't leave the Outbox. She'll send the
> message, close Outlook and shut down her computer for the night. When she
> comes back in the following morning and opens Outlook, the message is
> still in the outbox. Any ideas on what might be happening?
>
> Oulook connects to a pop based mail server. We don't use Exchange.

0
reason1000 (11)
7/14/2005 1:39:02 PM

Rod wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally
> have a problem where the message doesn't leave the Outbox. She'll send the
> message, close Outlook and shut down her computer for the night. When she
> comes back in the following morning and opens Outlook, the message is still
> in the outbox. Any ideas on what might be happening?
>
> Oulook connects to a pop based mail server. We don't use Exchange.
>
> Thanks,
> Rod

0
mail4818 (4)
7/14/2005 3:59:43 PM
I had the very same problem with Outlook myself when setting it up.
After going all round the houses and resetting accounts I actually read
the error message that appeared when I tried to send. It turns out the
problem was in the port I was using, (mesage told me which number to
use). I entered the new number in and all works fine now.

0
mail4818 (4)

Error message........
After a re-organisation when ever I save my excel file it throws up the message that autopublish cannot find a web address and gives some addresses of a defunct location. I know why it is happening but do not know how to stop the error messages. ...

Displaying notes under messages in Outlook Today
I added 'Notes' under my messages area in Outlook Today and are wondering why it does not show a count of my notes. Does any one know the reason for this and a work- around? ...

Why dual sent/deleted/saved folders?
I just got a new Windows 7 computer with Windows Live Mail replacing Outlook Express. There are 2 groups of folders: one is headed pop-server.satx.rr.com; the other is headed Storage Folders. When I delete or send a message, they send up under the pop-server heading, but not under my Storage Folder heading. The storage folder heading doesn't include an Inbox. As I understand it, everything in the pop-server files is on my ISP's servers, and everything in the Storage Folders is on my computer, but not theirs. If that's true, why would I want my Inbox, deleted item...

Sent Emails disappear from Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Sent emails are disappearing spontaneously from Entourage 2008. Sometimes the emails are sent and sometimes they disappear before sending. I have NO rules of any kind enabled. Probably 25% of all sent emails disappear. <br> I set up a Thunderbird account and the sent emails are ALL visible there, so they have not been deleted from our server, using Communigate Pro. I have reinstalled Office 2008 and created a new Identity recently, a few weeks before the emails began disappearing. <...

Double mail sent
I've a problem, my server has mdaemon and sometimes when (only with a specified mail address) I sent 2 messages..... I think that using webmail I don't have this mail but only using Outlook Express Can you help me? Thanks Nobody Can help me? You have missed out a lot of vital information, such as which version of MDaemon you are using and how it is configured to operate. Is the problem with Outlook Express sending to MDaemon or Internet explorer send to MDaemon WorldClient or with MDaemon sending to your ISP? The obvious place to look at is the "Lists&qu...

Messages sitting on my gmail account, still can't download anything (MS Outlook 2003)
Recently I started using my gmail account both at work and at home with MS Outlook 2003. Home Outlook is the primary one, so at WORK I checked the "leave a copy on the server" option, and -as expected- messages still sit on my gmail account as I checked when I came home. Now trying to download these messages at home Outlook, I do a send/receive, but nothing gets downloaded !@#$! even though they show up on gmail. Any ideas ?? Once read, i.e. downloaded by one pc, the other will see it "as read" and will not download it. If you look at gmail the message will not be in...

undeliverable message #7
I am getting the following undeliverable messages when I sent mail to several recepients. 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I need to know what this really means, and how to fix it if there is a problem. we currently have an Exchange server 2k3 with spk1 on Windows 2k3 also with spk1 Thanks I believe it means that the recipient's e-mail server doesn't like you, perhaps because you're on a blacklist or don't have a valid PTR reverse-lookup DNS record. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick ...

I get message "Unable to open Pub doc".
I have had a couple people send me a Publisher document as an email attachment, but when I try to open it, I get a message: "Publisher cannot open the file". I thought it was because the doc was created in a newer version than what I had. Now I'm not sure because I tried to open another pub doc I received from a different friend while at school. The computer has 2002 version and I still can not open docs. Can you tell me why, and what I can do? Could be your virus software. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/k...

Blank Email message body
This is VERY odd! I type a message normally (Reply or original) send it & it arrives at destination blank, and when I look in "sent" folder, it also shows blank. Header is filled in but nothing in message body. Anybody any ideas? Running Win XP Pro and MS Outlook 2003 Tried it on messages to myself & it's the same. I've obviously set something wrong - but what? Grateful for any advice, Freddie Freddie... have you found a SOLUTION "Freddie" <freddie@fmeynell.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:00d001c3c8c3$ee4800e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > This ...

Windows Delayed Write Failed message
Every time I open Microsoft Outlook I get the following message: Windows - Delayed Write Failed – unable to save all the data to C:/Documents and Setting/Owner/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook/Outlook.pst. The Data has been lost. This error may be caused by your computer hardware or your server is not available. I am able to use Outlook express fine, just prefer to use Outlook. Any ideas?? Thanks Tom Sounds like a hard drive failure or a failure about to happen that's centered around your Outlook data file (PST file) "tjmc22" <tjmc22@discussions...

Error message when replying to email
I connect remotely via dial-up VPN connection and able to receive emails, so the server connection is OK. I was able to send emails to both an inside and outside email, however when I reply to certain emails, I receive an error message "Network Problems are preventing connection to the microsoft exchange server". I am running W2k and Outlook 2000 and the server is Exchange 5.5. Any help would be appreciated. ...

e-mail messages with % sign in subject do not display on in Entourage
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange My Mac users do not see e-mail messages with the % sign in the subject in Entourage. If you view the message through OWA using Safari they display. The messages also display on the PC using Outlook or OWA. The junk e-mail options have been turned off in Entourage. On 3/15/10 10:26 AM, jgonya@officeformac.com wrote: > My Mac users do not see e-mail messages with the % sign in the > subject in Entourage. If you view the message through OWA using > Safari they display. The messag...

messages will not send?
i have outlook2000 on a new computer w/ a DSL connection. everything was working just fine until last weekend. ever since then, the computer will not send any emails that have attachments. they get hung up in the outbox and i get an error message saying that my connection has been dropped/timed out. i can send a simple email to someone....but nothing with attachments. furthermore, if i try responding to an existing email.....it will not send. however, if i strip out the entire body of that response and hit send....no problem. i have tried multiple .pst files and that does not seem to matt...

Approval message during posting
PO is approved. User invoice matches PO with shipment/invoice with no issue. Posts batch and one of the receipts gives an error "purchase order has exceeded your approval authority amount. It will be saved with approval status of unapproved." First thing, click okay and it does post. Secondly, it does not go back and change it back to unapproved. Thirdly, there is no pattern to the ones that give errors. Makes no sense at all. ...

Dragging Email Messages In Windows Folders
Hi, Some time back I used to manage my emails in windows folders by selecting them all, dragging them from outlook (inbox) to a windows folder. I had emails with similiar subjects. So the Email files (in message format) were created by outlook like filename = subject of message + autogenerated number (in case of multiple messages with same subject) Now after this new installation. When i repeat the same procedure... Windows gives error "This folder already contains a file named "subject of message" Would you like to replace the existing file with another one? So the list of ...

Can't send messages #3
My email has picked up a quirck lately. I can recieve mail fine, I can surf the internet fine (using earthlink), but I can't send emails at all. Any ideas I have the same problem. Here's my error message. Any ideas would be welcome. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 out005.verizon.net connection refused from [4.8.65.179]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67 I am having the same problem with road runner. Have you had a...

Avoid warning message from outlook when open it from a form 02-18-08
Sorry for repost but I haven't see the answer.(Just back from leave).Below is my problem: I have a module to sent email from access with attachment is a pdf Access report. But when trying to display outlook new message window, outlook send a message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook.Do you want to allow this? If this unexpected,it may be a virus and you should choose "NO" I choose yes and click it,but this message will appear as many as outlook contacts listed in my form listbox.( olTo ). How to make this message dissapear? Tha...

Test Message
This is a test message "Test Account" <t3st.account@live.com> wrote in message news:EFEE3868-2219-4E2E-BA63-690908344B72@microsoft.com... > This is a test message Sorry. Test messages are prohibited. Please remove at once. Reply to Test "Test Account" <t3st.account@live.com> wrote in message news:EFEE3868-2219-4E2E-BA63-690908344B72@microsoft.com... > This is a test message You're both a couple of testicles! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.&qu...

false NDR message using POP3 Connector
I have an internal domain setup using Exch 2003 to something like "ourdomain.net" We have an external (web host) mail server called "publicdomain.com" I have myemail@ourdomain.net in Exchange, and setup a pop3 connector to retrieve mail from publicdomain.com and deliver to my mailbox. Internal (exchange to exchange via outlook 2003) works flawlessly. When I send email it works perfectly (sender sees myaddress@publicdomain.com) when someone outside SENDS to myaddress@publicdomain.com, I receive the message OK, and the sender receives a NDR as follows: Reporting-MTA: ...

The ol' "An object could not be found." message when trying to close a PST
As noted in the subject, I'm getting this message when trying to close my "Archived Folders" PST file. My searches using the KB as well as Google turned up a few instances of this message, but none had to do with closing a PST file. I've tried: - Renaming the "Archived Folders" PST, then re-opening OL2002. - Moving the "Archived Folders" PST to another directory, then re-opening OL2002. - Creating a new PST, copying everything from the archive PST into the new one, compacting the new one, and substituting it for the original "Archived Fol...

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages. #2
Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages. My email has been working just fine until today. I can't think of anything I've done to create a problem. I'm using WindowsXP-pro-sp2; Outlook 2003, and Norton AntiVirus 2005. The same problem just started in Outlook Express as well. Was on the phone with Charter for over two hours removing email accounts and then adding them from scratch. I've been trying for hours and hours fix this to no avail--the error message keeps coming up and I'm expecting some very important email. The error messages will say someth...

Printing e-mail messages in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003 when I print an e-mail message that I send, the first line of my message appears at the top of the page above my name and to the left of the page number. Even when I receive a reply to an e-mail that I sent, the first line of my original e-mail message also appears at the top of the page and to the left of the page number when I print the message. This does not happen when printing messages that I receive or reply to (unless I originated the message). -- curious one ...

message not show up till I click a different folder
This just started happening a few days ago. We have about 50 user in our office, 2 or 3 are having this problem. We have XP on all pc's, exchange 2000. The problem is, users don't know when new message arrives, before an envelope would show up by the clock on the screen. Now they don't see the new message till they click on a different folder than there in currently. Any ideas as to correcting this issue. Thanks ...

Outtlook express (outbox)
There is a large file in the outbox that hangs. I want to delete this from being sent as this is too big. I want it cancelled. Please help as every time I try to delete, i have to restart my computer as it freezes. I cannot delete this.. Please help This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.w...