Sent Messages not being saved in sent folder

Hi.  When I send a message, Outlook is no longer saving it
in the sent folder.  It was doing this until about a month
ago.  It does not matter if this is a new message or a
reply to an old message.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this?

Thanks
Mike
0
bohland (1)

what is the best way to organize incoming messages?
Some people use their Inbox to hold only messages still requiring some action on their part, and therefore delete or transfer the messages once read and/or replied to. While this approach has the advantage of keeping a neat and clean Inbox, it makes for more work than my current approach. I currently leave all incoming messages in my Inbox except for Junk, including messages that I've read, not read, responded to and not responded to. This allows simplified sorting and finding of messages (by sender, subject, date, etc.) and seems to work for me. But I am curious if I am missing...

Duplicate folders #3
I seem to have duplicate folders in Outlook XP. SOme of the content is the same, but there are 2 seperate Inbox folders. How can this be or what have I done? ...

TCP/IP error message
After moving and changing my account, I started getting an error message when sending a email saying that the TCP/IP conncection has been unexpectely terminated. However the message his being sent but it remains in my outbox. The service provider (SBC) is telling me it is an Outlook issue. Any ideas ? You might have to reset the tcp/ip "JP Peretz" <jpregs@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1abc01c3fbff$9e6d47a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > After moving and changing my account, I started getting > an error message when sending a email saying that the > TCP/IP connc...

X.400 message DDA configuration procedure
I am having the problem exactly described in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;160947&Product=ech The resolution is: Configure the X.400 message so that the DDA type and DDA value are not null. The maximum value for the DDA type is 8 and the maximum value for the DDA value is 128. I was not able to find the proper procedure for that fix in the Knowledge Database nor in MS's Exchange 5.5 Guides. Any help is very appreciated, Thanks in advance This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_017B_01C3BB11.DF73EB20 Content-Ty...

How to prevent messages that fail reverse DNS?
Can anyone point me to a solution for rejecting messages that fail reverse dns lookup? I know there is a check box to "enable" reverse dns lookups, but it only "marks" messages as failed - it doesn't reject them. Any help is appreciated. "Todd R" <todd@fofz.com> wrote: >Can anyone point me to a solution for rejecting messages >that fail reverse dns lookup? I know there is a check box >to "enable" reverse dns lookups, but it only "marks" >messages as failed - it doesn't reject them. Try Open Relay Filter (...

Mailbox/Folder Sizes
Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and Folders? Thanks, Jeff In news:fejk42tj37tcaq1s2j3k2qmn20m91nt7gd@4ax.com, Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> typed: > Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and > Folders? > > Thanks, > Jeff In ESM, you can see the size of each mailbox, but it won't break it down into subfolders. you can see the sizes from "Mailboxes" in the ESM...you have to drill down from Administrative Groups, to Servers, to Storage Groups, to Mailbox Stores...but from there you cannot see ...

Can't delete "virus" program from Temp Folders
Hi! I have 3 remaining "virus" programs in temp folders: * c:\windows|temp * c:\Doc & Sett\name\local settings\Temp When delete or move to desktop, get error: "Cannnot move........being used by another program..." Tried Safe Mode, but "virus" programs not there...... Any way I can delete or move to trash? MUCH THANKS! Gene:) What program are you using to try to remove them? What anti-virus app is installed, and is that what you are using to remove them? Install update and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and see if it can remove them in...

Message Tracking #4
Hi, I've got Exchange 2K SP3 installed on a Win2K SP4 server. I've got message tracking enabled. One of my users was to receive an email from someone outside the company. I tracked the message and found it in the message tracking center. The destination user was mispelled and an NDR was returned. Since I found the message in the message tracking center... is there a way to read that message from there or forward it to the user? I told the user to just have the person resend it with the correct spelling, but I'm still interested in knowing if I could've just forwarded or read t...

empty messages in Outlook Express
Anyone got any ideas on this. Today all my email messages appeared to be blank, although attachement, headers and file size remain. To complicate things further, I can no longer recv or send email, I get the following message. Any ideas? Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Annon BT account', Server: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 1487 octets', Port: 110, Secure (SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F And...

Add Movie to Outlook E-Mail Message via "Web Tools" toolbar--question
Using Outlook 2003 (in fact all of Microsoft Office 2003), and have Word selected as e-mail editor. Windows XP Pro with all updates. Recently I discovered on the Office web site a way to insert a movie (inline) to an e-mail message. I have one question about its implementation. If (in an HTML-formatted e-mail, and Word selected as e-mail editor) with the cursor in the body of the message, you click on "View", "Toolbars", you can select a toolbar called "Web Tools". On that is an icon that says "Movie". If you click on it you can add a movie to the e-ma...

How to search for a personal FOLDER?
I have so many personal folders, that I can't find 1. I searched for a message and found it; it tells me the folder name that it resides in, but I can't find that folder! I can get to the message, but I want to be able to see what else is in that folder, so that I can make sure items are better organized. Is there a way to search for a personal folder and get its path? I tried advanced find using the "all outlook items" criteria, which the field "In Folder," but this failed. Thanks in advance, -J ...

How do I get my new messages to populate when they arrive?
My new email messages do not show up in my inbox until I go to another folder and then back to the inbox folder. Then they show up. issue #2 I get a copy of my reply email in my inbox. How do I stop this? Do you have a firewall between you and your server? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Lonnie" <Lonnie...

Exchange 5.5 Error Message "Application Log Full"
This is the relavent information from the Application Log: Event ID: 2125 Source: MSExchnageMTA Type: Warning Catagory: Resource Description: Statistics for the DBI call (DB Server): file writes GATEWAY, reads 37, cache hits 275, misses %5. Attribute %6, value number %7, Object ID: %8 (00000000 => N/A). Caller %12 [%9 %10 %11] (8) I'm having a hard time making sense of this error message. Vaguely, it looks like a system call to a DB server that is misbehaving in some way. I've tried restarting the MSExchangeMTA service, to no avail. Can somone point me in the right dire...

Excel fails to save properly
I have a daily exercise in which I copy a web-based datagrid and paste it into an Excel workbook. It's typically up to 6,000 rows +/- and 15 columns wide. It takes a while to paste. After that I block format remove text-wrap and adjust row height and column widths to fit, change the worksheet tab to a description name, then attempt to SAVE AS "XXXX_YYYY-MM-DD.XLS". At this point the worksheet usually becomes unresponsive but not always. If I close Excel and then reopen it, the recovered file can eventually be repaired and saved. Is this a known problem? I suspect th...

Outbound message delivery is very slow.
Hi! Our Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4.0 SP6 got problems sending outbound mail. Incoming mail delivery is fine but outbound delivery is very slow. (Up to 18 hours) There is over 10000 messages in "outbound messages awaiting 'conversion'" waiting and the number is increasing. MTS-OUT is about 18000 and increasing. In the event logs there is only a 3038 event and it says: --------------------------------------------------------- Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIMC Event Category: Internal Processing Event ID: 3038 Date: 30.04.2004 Time: 04:26:35 User: N/A Computer: PE...

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

Sharing Folder Outlook 2003
I can't seem to find any help on this subject. Used to be that you could add a folder from somewhere on the hard drive to the folder tree in Outlook. Can't do that anymore (with Outlook 2003). On my home PC Outlook 2003 is confiugred with 2 profiles. One for me, one for my wife. I would like to have certain emails sent to a common folder so when she opens up Outlook she can see them. Before I create a rule that autoforwards them to her account I was hoping to try just setting up a common folder. Your help is much appreciated. Matt Dear Matt, have a look on this site for...

Can't Delet Email Message
I have an email in my Outlook 2002 inbox (a forwarded task) that I cannot delete. When I try to delete it I get an error message saying "Outlook cannot do that action on this type of attachment." I experienced a similar problem in Outlook Express when my inbox was corrupted and fixed that problem by deleting my inbox. But when I try to do something similar in Outlook 2002 I just get an error message that says the .pst file is in use. Any suggestions? Try closing Outlook, moving the .pst to another location and then import everything back in filtering out the bad message if ...

Two Copies of Personal Folders Please Help!
I just transfered all of my email from my old computer to my new one and I just noticed that I have two identical copies of my personal folders in Outlook 2003. If I do something to one of them, it happens to both of them. How can I get rid of one of the copies of my personal folders? Also, I don't like the favorites folder. Can I hide or remove it? Thanks. Shannon you can edit the registry, but it'll be easier to make a new profile. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm No, you can't hide Favorite folders. Try Ctrl+6 to use the old folder list view. -- Diane...

Preventing "save changes" dialog box???
My spreadsheet data is stored in the range A1:J20. Therefore, I do not care if a user plays with or modifies cells that are outside of this range. Can I somehow program Excel to prevent the "Do you want to save changes?" dialog box if a user changes cells that are out of range and then s/he closes the workbook?? I basically only want the "save changes" dialog box to be prompted when cells within the A1:J20 range are modified. Thank you! Right click the worksheet tab that your concerned with and paste this in: Code: -------------------- Priv...

can 2 copies of mail be saved in outlook
I would like to be able to have 2 copies of mail saved in Outlook, so mail can be simultaniously be opened on 2 computers with the same email address. Is this possible? Outlook saves data on the local PC If you want to access the same recieved mails on another PC, you set up your mail account in Outlook on the other PC, and on both Outlooks you select the option to keep a copy on the server. (The sent mail will only be seen on the PC it was sent from) If you use an imap account the mail will be in sync on both PC's "dd" <dd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

*** a message stuck in the Outbox
A message with a 10MB attachment file stuck in the Outbox of Outlook 2002. Outlook uses Exchange 5.5 for message delivery, not PST file. Does anybody know how to get rid of it from Outbox? I tried re-create user profile but it is still in there. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >A message with a 10MB attachment file stuck in the Outbox >of Outlook 2002. Outlook uses Exchange 5.5 for message >delivery, not PST file. Does anybody know how to get rid >of it from Outbox? I tried re-create user profile but it >is still in there. Thanks. > >. >You may try thi...

Can't Open Outlook Note. "Out of memory" message.
I created a Note using "Outlook Notes" that has grown quite large. I recently tried to open it and got the following response: "can't open the item. out of memory or system resources. close some windows and programmes and try again" I tried closing all programmes other than outlook and still get the same message. I have tried sending it to my other e-mail as attachment. I have tried saving it to my desktop. I have tried opening it with Word or some other program and nothing is working. Strangely, I have NO PROBLEM opening other Notes. Someone else asked a...

Saved text is missing from 2003 word document
When opening a saved 2003 word document the text is missing. See if the text has been inadvertently formatted as hidden or in white color. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "lpaul" <lpaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED677478-49D2-4461-AE94-8EFBFF2CCAB9@microsoft.com... > When opening a saved 2003 word document the text is missing. ...

Exchange 2003 can send, but not receive any messages
Hi there! We've got an issue with our SBS 2003 box and would appreciate any help to solve it; all messages are sent okay - to the domain and to the Internet - but no Internet messages are received. Exchange 2003 is running behind the "basic firewall" of SBS 2003 with an ADSL line, and the MX record seems to be correctly pointing to it: Domain is "pleni.com.br", Public and static IP address is 200.204.179.15. The SMTP Virtual Server is assigned to all IP addresses on the server (the public one listed above, and the internal 192.168.16.2). It's granting relay ...