sent mail appears in my in-box

How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send
also going to my in-box?

Thank you in advance
0
topcat1 (3)

Under Tools->Options->Preferences->Email Options->Advanced Email Options, do
you have the box checked to save mail in the same folder?  Do you have any
rules that affect mail after it is sent?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
TopCat <topcat@vettenut.com> asked:
| How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send
| also going to my in-box?
|
| Thank you in advance

0
MillyS4407 (663)

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

Linking Combo box to pivot table?
Hi All, I have a pivot table which has teams on the left, months on the top and a count of the calls in the data area. What I would love is that if I could have a combo box on a worksheet which when I select a team from its list it only shows me that teams data in the pivot table. Is this possible please?? -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 You could move Team to the page area of the pivot table. Select a team, and the pivot table will only show its data. Adam wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a pivot table which has teams on the left, months on the top and a > c...

How do Iimport my e-mails from my comcast e-mail to outlook
I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have my outlook setup properly, how would I know On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:57:03 -0700, Tonya wrote: > I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address > to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have > my outlook setup properly, how would I know There isn't an "Outlook address". MS Outlook is a mail client, your Comcast email address points to a server which...

cannot receive mail #4
For some strange reason I cannot receive email. I can send but not receive. I have checked all the settings and they look good. It says sending and receiving in the right hand corner. I do not get any errors. The send receive message goes away but no mail. I know there is mail because I go on the internet and check to see if I have mail and there is some. I am on a wireless network with my other computer. I have it set up so the mail stays on the server so my wife can check the mail on my other computer. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:06:44 -0500, Bob wrote: > For some strange ...

Mutiple e-mails
I realize you probably get A LOT of e-mail, so I will keep it short. I just signed up with DSL, and I have multiple e-mails now. How can I have a separate inbox for each e-mail so I can use outlook for all of them without changing user names. Basically a separate inbox for each separate e-mail account, because one is for business, personal, and another is generic. Thank you in advance for your help. Will ...

text box on exit
I have validate code on text box and want to cursor get back text box. I use Screen.ActiveControl.SetFocus, but the cusor goes to where my mouse click. Are there any way to let cursor stay in the text box until user enter valide data? Your help is great appreciated, On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:43:02 -0700, Souris wrote: > I have validate code on text box and want to cursor get back text box. > > I use Screen.ActiveControl.SetFocus, but the cusor goes to where my mouse > click. > > Are there any way to let cursor stay in the text box until user enter valide > data? &...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

List box with available queries question
I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all the queries within the database. The following code is what I have so far but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. SELECT [Name] FROM MSysObjects WHERE [TYPE] = 5 and LEFT([Name],1) <> "-" ORDER BY [Name]; "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F47BB77B-7B66-4860-8954-F4FE32FE7C3C@microsoft.com... >I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all >the > queries within the database. The following code is what...

Send
Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close when done? What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the details box? -- Joseph E. Meehan 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math Joseph Meehan <sligojoeS_PAM_2@hotmail.com> wrote: > Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close > when done? Yes. On the progress box there should be a check box saying "Don't show this dialog box". Check it. > What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the > details box? It "tacks" t...

Combo Box 02-10-08
I have a combo box in a form, it draws it's information from a table with two fields description and price. I can bind either one to a field (control source) in my form, but I wish to bind both fields i.e. when it puts the description into say field one I want the price to go into field two simultaneously. Merv R Merv, In the after update event of the combo Me.TheControlName = Me.TheComboName.Column(1) for the second field. Jeanette Cunningham "Merv R" <Merv R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84FC139D-83D8-46AA-87E6-A5655F50A744@microsoft.com... &...

will not let me add my hot mail e-mail
how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look You can't unless you have a paid-for Premium Account. "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com... > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look And we are supposed to guess as to WHICH version of Outlook that you use? HTTPmail got added fo...

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...

deny ability to delete sent items
Environment is Win2k3 Server and Exch2k3. We would like to impliment a Group Policy that would remove users ability to delete the items in their Sent Items folder. It would be OK if items could be removed after Archiving if necessary. It appears that deleted Sent Items do not go to Deleted Items folder, so dumpster retention policy doesn't seem to be a solution. Any ideas? I am 99.9% certain that this is not possible through group policy. I'm very certain that while it might be possible, it would be extremely difficult to implement and manage. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &quo...

What program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in outlook?
I have one user (Vista Business, Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003) who has today started to see a pop-up from Outlook saying: "A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date." Anti-virus (McAfee) is up todate, and I'm doing a scan now and afterwards will do a separate scan for malware. This user tells me that he hasn't knowingly installed anything recently. My question is: is there any way to determine what the program is which is try...

Cannot customize the Outlook READ MAIL toolbar
Problem Description: I cannot customize the Outlook READ MAIL toolbar Problem Area: E-mail Problems Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 ...

Email retention policy relative to CRM e-mails tracked from Outloo
Toss up question for the blue team. When one hits "Track in CRM" on an e-mail from outlook we all know that it CREATES an e-mail in the CRM system. The date that the e-mail is created in CRM is placed in the field CreatonDate. When we look at the related record it shows up in order based on the Created Date. The rub is this. What do we do when we have a user who is just coming on board with CRM and they have e-mail history they want to link that goes back years. There does not seem to be any linking relative to the received date. Which is actually much more relevant ...

Bad Mail
Is there a way to stop the bad mail buildup that is due to the sending of email to mailboxes that don't exist any more on our exchange server? Thanks, Steve You can create a batch file that deletes the contents of the folder, and schedule it to run automatically/daily. Steve wrote: > Is there a way to stop the bad mail buildup that is due > to the sending of email to mailboxes that don't exist any > more on our exchange server? > > Thanks, > Steve Is there any other way to just block incomming mail destined for these of email boxes? >-----Original Messa...

On startup text to speech installation keeps appearing
Dear All When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel continues to load saying: "Text to Speech - This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" I dont want to install it but this KEEPS coming up, any ideas? Thanks Adam Someone answer please !!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Dear All > >When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel >continues to load saying: > >"Text to Speech - This feature is not currently >installed. Would you like to install it now?" > >I dont want to inst...

How to forward AOL e-mails to Outlook 2000?
After many years, I finally found the time to install Outlook. I'm trying to wean myself off AOL, and will eventually switch to a different e-mail server. In the meantime, I have installed Outlook 2000, and followed the directions on several installation tutorials, all of which gave pretty much the same info. At the end, they state the following: "Go to the IMAP tab and make sure that 'Store special folders on IMAP server is not checked'." The only things in my IMAP are Root Folder Path, which is blank (I have no idea what to type there), and "Check for new ...

Receiveing Mail when opening Outlook 2003
Is there a way to get Outlook 2003 to Receive mail as soon as I open it. The way it is set up now I have to go to Tools / Send and Recieve all to receive my mail when I open outlook. I now I can set go to the Options for email setup to chnage the Time intervals but there's not an option for Sending and receiving upon opening Outlook (There is one for exiting). I just ouotlook express before and that would receive as soon as I opened It. Whenever you set an automatic polling interval, Outlook will poll on launch. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jokuz" <jokuz@hoatmail....

Continuous Forms
Hi I have a subform with the records displayed in the Continuous Forms view. On each line, I have a group & a subgroup. Both fields are Combo boxes. What I am trying to do is limit the choice of subgroups to those pertaining to the group shown. I have tried putting code in the On Current event in the form to allow only the correct subgroups in the Combo box, but it seems to take the criteria for the top record & apply it to all the others. This is the code:- Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT TLK_SubGroups.PK_SubGroup, TLK_SubGroups.TXT_SubAbriv, TLK_SubGroup...

Exchange 2007 SP1 mail classifications
Working on setting up classifications on an Exchange 2007 SP1. I need just one thing for all the transport rules to be complete, and that is to create at rule, that giving a mail has a certain classification, the mail is not allowed to be send to external users - execpt if the mail is encrypted. My problem here is that I can't figure out how to make Exchange detect if the mail is encrypted or not. A solution could be that I append a header in the mail, so that another gateway (which I know can detect this) on my network can do this for me based on comparing the existanse ...

Mailing list to Bcc: not taking
I just installed WLM 2011 and I have an old problem back again. when I go to send mail and I insert a mailing list of around 25 addresses into the Bcc: field, the show properly, but when I attempt to send that e-mail, only one address appears in the Bcc: field. If I copy the list from a previously sent e-mal that did work correctly in the past, and paste it into the current message, it works correctly. Anyone have an idea why this is happening? Thanks in advance, Dave ...

Web Page doesn't display in e-mail.
When someone sends me web page via e-mail, the web page does not open properly. Instead, I get a bunch of lines that are embedded links in the web page. Is there anyway to have the web page open correctly when I open the e-mai? ...