Sent items associated with attached mailboxes

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003.

Currently I have a mailbox attached to my profile in Outlook and
ocassionally I need to reply to emails which are in the inbox of this
mailbox. But when I send replies to emails the reply is stored in the
sent items folder under my personal mailbox and not the attached one.

Is it Possible to have the replies automatically stored in the sent
item folder under the attached mailbox?

I did try to setup a rule to redirect the emails but Outlook does not
recognise the mailbox as an email account im my profile.

Thanks

--
Airwave

Hi Airwave,

  Outlook does not do this natively, but there are tools to handle this, for
instance our own Sent Items Organizer
(http://www.SperrySoftware.com/Outlook/Sent-Items-Organizer.asp) will
automatically file the sent items into the shared mailbox's Sent Items
folder or allow you to choose the folder at the time you send it.  There are
also other tools available at
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.asp.

  HTH!

  Mike Sperry
  http://www.SperrySoftware.com
  Find 37 Outlook add-ins that can make a difference!

"Airwave" <Airwave.38c38ef@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I am using Outlook 2003.
>
> Currently I have a mailbox attached to my profile in Outlook and
> ocassionally I need to reply to emails which are in the inbox of this
> mailbox. But when I send replies to emails the reply is stored in the
> sent items folder under my personal mailbox and not the attached one.
>
> Is it Possible to have the replies automatically stored in the sent
> item folder under the attached mailbox?
>
> I did try to setup a rule to redirect the emails but Outlook does not
> recognise the mailbox as an email account im my profile.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Airwave

0
nospam7515 (2084)

msg template. Text sent not what typed!
Hi I have had the strangest issue with Outlook. I sometimes use msg files to send emails to colleagues. Normally I have a template set up and I may change the to, cc, subject and body of the email slightly to reflect the topic of the email. However the bulk of the email remains the same. The other day I was sending an email and had amended the template (not saved as need to use the template again), and sent it out. Whilst the to,cc and subject fields were correct the text i had entered in the body of the email had gone and other text had been entered and my signature had dissappea...

MSOutlook 2000 Corrupts Incoming Mail Attachments
I am using MSOutlook 2000 on company LAN and attachments with incoming e-mails are being corrupted/lost. If I do not use MSOutlook but use webmail to view my mail on server, attachments are fine. What is going wrong? What happens if you select File | Save Attachments on one of these messages that have a corrupted/lost attachment? (or better stated, does the size field indicate that the attachment is still there even if you can't see it?) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Operation Failed opening attachment
hi all, We have 2 machines here which randomly display the following error when trying to open attachments in outlook "operation failed" They are both running Win XP Pro using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6626) SP3 Sometimes they open fine, other times they display the message, the attachments are normally word or excel files. Cheers in advanced.. ...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

Sending Attachments #14
In Outlook 2000, when I added an attachment to an e-mail message, the name of the attachment neatly appeared on a line just under the subject line. In Outlook 2003, when I add an attachment, a rather large icon representing the attachment appears plonk in the middle of the message, wherever the cursor was last located, just before I clicked on the attachment button. I've looked, but can't find any way to make Outlook 2003 behave as Outlook 2000 did. Is there a way? If so, what is it? Thanks. -- Bob S. "Bob" <xxxx@xxxxx.com> wrote in message news:esskk2tc2796h9en5...

email sent internally not received by recipient
A user told me that two internal recipients did not get an email that they sent. We are using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003 clients. I see the sent mail in the sent box with the 2 recipients listed and a subject line. In message tracker on the Exchange server, I see the message sent to the 2 recipients but there is no subject line. In the "message history" box from the mesage tracking center the event shows "report generated internally" and "report delivered to XX" I have found this for a couple people and don't know what is generating this. ...

Count of Unique Items?
Hi, I have a worksheet (Sheet1) where column A consists of dates (in date order). I need to look at this column from another sheet (Sheet2) in the same workbook and return the number of unique dates in this column. For example, on Sheet1 cell A1 has the heading Date, A2 is 10/01/04, A3 is 10/01/04, A4 is 10/01/04 and A5 is 10/05/04. From cell A1 on Sheet2 I need to look at the range A2:A5 on Sheet1 and return the number 2 (the number of unique dates in the range). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Monte Sliger Try the following... =SUM(IF(Sheet1!A2:A5<>"",1/COUN...

SQL to update Item.LastCounted based on PhysicalInventory.CloseTime
Because of a bug/deficiency/oversight in a third party inventory counting application , I did a bunch of physical inventories that did not update the Item.LastCounted field. I need this field updated so I can see the correct date each item was counted last. I am willing to do a seperate SQL statement for each physical inventory sheet for which I have the problem. For example, I want to take each item in the PhysicalInventoryEntry table with PhysicalInventory.Code = '0000057' (or whatever the code is) and set Item.LastCounted = PhysicalInventory.CloseTime. I am not great at SQ...

Exmerge lost my calendar items
When I export from Recovery Storage Group, all of my calendar items are gone. If I merge or copy back to original store, they are there. Anyone have any ideas as to why they disappear during an export to .pst? Thanks for your help, Jeff. ...

Pictures removed from sent emails
I've always been able to paste pictures (such as screen shots) from the clipboard within the body of HTML emails, but something's happened and now when I paste a picture it gets removed before it's sent. I can see the picture in the email when I'm writing it, but after clicking Send and opening the email in my Outbox before sending, there's just a blank empty frame with the message "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location." and the little &...

Inactive Items 12-17-09
I ran the Inventory Wizard 2 days ago and used the 210 worksheet to make some 4,000 items inactive. I selected "Enter items manually" and imported them from a .csv file. The file had 4 columns: The item number, description, department and the 4th column had the work "Inactive." The process worked properly in HQ but did not propogate to the stores. I am running version 2, sp2. Did you create a worksheet to send this to the stores? Afshin Alikhani - afshin@rrdisti.com Retail Realm Distribution = = = = = = = = "Rick@ASP" <RickASP@discussion...

How do I delete outbox e-mails that aren't sent.
I can not remove an e-mail that did not successfully send. It slows all my outgoing e-mails. Any ideas would be great. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "jwinn" wrote: > I can not remove an e-mail that did not successfully send. It slows all my > outgoing e-mails. Any ideas would be great. ...

Send To as attachment
When I click the Send To (As attachment) from withing MS Excel, Outlook Express opens. When I do it from withing Word, AOL Opens. I want AOL to be the default for MS Excel too. How do I change this? ...

List of items with commissions
Is there a report that will list items that have a commission set on them? I want to be able to email our sales reps a list, but haven't found a good way to do it. The report I'd like, but don't know how to create would have department, category, item, price, and commission amount. Thanks for any help, -CP Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will enable you to create that report. Basically anything that is captured in RMS can be reported on in Retail Analytics. If you would like to take a look at the product, a quick movie is available at http://www.p...

Trouble opening zip attachments
My Outlook 07 email has suddenly started trying to open every zip attachment with Internet Explorer, which doesn't work. I assume I must have somehow inadvertently changed the default setting for what Outlook uses to open this kind of attachment, but I can't find a way of re-setting that default. Any advice? Outlook doesn't choose what to open a file with, Windows does. Set the appropriate application to open a Zip file with in Windows Explorer. Tools > Folder Options > File Types. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Try again: Using mail-to hyperlink with an attachment
I'm creating forms using Excel and Word. Somewhere in the form is an email address. I can use Edit-hyperlink to specify the recipient address of the email address as well as the subject field. Great. What I'd really like is to be able to specify that the form file itself (the ..doc or .xls) is also attached to the email message. I'd like to specify that right in the hyperlink. Then it can act as a workflow. I don't know anything about VBA so I'd rather not go there. Is this possible? Hi Hall, No, I don't think it is possible without some amount of VBA - I c...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

Blocking SMTP on primary mailbox?
Hello Exch 2k3 AD 2k3 mixed I am thinking about blocking SMTP on my primary mailbox server with the exception of our AD servers and MX gateway. I recently was approached by a developer who was having problems with an app smtp'ing directly to our primary mail server. Apparently they were trying SMTP servers at random :x So i would like to restrict SMTP traffic. I set a list of IP's in the connections area under system manager > server > protocol > smtp. Are there any major concerns with taking this action or is there a better way to do it? thanks e- I'd sugg...

Restoring a single mailbox into Exchange 2000 SP3 environment.
I perform nightly ntbackups of our entire information store. In the past I would restore the entire information store to a test clone Exchange environment server and then open the mailbox required using Outlook and export the mailbox to a pst, and then import that pst into the exiting production mailbox using outlook again. As you all probably know with a 23gig information store this is horribly time consuming, and it drives me nuts. Can someone provide me an alternative solution to this? On Wed, 24 May 2006 09:57:54 -0400, "frank s" <SFDSFDSF@SFSDFDSFSA.COM> wrote: ...

Mailbox Management Policies on Inbox subfolders
I have a mailbox that I need to set a policy on to delete any messages over two days old. Now, targeting the inbox itself is easy - I figured that out. The problem is that there is a subfolder under the inbox called "good stuff" that I want to clean out. I can't figure out how to set up the Management policy to hit this subfoder. I can't use the "All other Mail Folders" box because that seems to target everything. I need to specifically clean out this Good Stuff folder. Deleted Items and the main inbox both have anything over 2 days removed, which is by...

Sent Email is deleted
After I sent my email they get deleted. I use to see them inside the sent item directory but know I they get deleted after they are sent . Any thing I should change in order to keet the email I sent Thank you for help Go to Tools, then Options. Under the Preferences Tab, click on Email Options. Make sure the 4th check box is checked. "msw" <moataz@warshanna.com> wrote in message news:e58pFrOyDHA.604@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > After I sent my email they get deleted. I use to see them inside the sent > item directory but know I they get deleted after they are sent . ...

Inventory Reconcile ... Include Item History
Can anyone tell me ... if you do NOT mark 'Include Item History' in the Reconcile Inventory Quantities window (Inventory Reconcile), exactly what does the utility NOT do? Window help is useless ... it says "Mark to have item history records reconciled, also." Our VAR was not clear in their answer. They said to do it only if you change a unit of measure or change quantity decimals. Based on the verbaige you would think not marking it means it would not re-calculate summary on-hand quantities. 'History' in the inventory module means anything posted, r...

Cannot open attachments
I'm running Office 97 and when I try to open an excel attachment in Outlook I get the error message in Excel saying "The system cannot find the file specified" I ahve gone to the options and 'Ignore other applications' is ticked, I have ran the excel.exe /unregserver and /regserver command and reticked 'Ignore other applications', but still the same problem. Any ideas would be grateful. All I can suggest is you try saving the attachments first- it could b xl can't "see" the outlook file. If you want more help you might want to try the outlo...

Outlook 2003 messages with attachments hang
When I open an email with an attachment in Outlook 2003 Symantec will scan the attachment and Outlook will wait for 30 seconds before trying to open it again. I want the messages scanned, but it doesn't take 30 seconds to do so. My outlook 2000 clients do not have this problem and their attachments are scanned. Can I configure Outlook to wait 1 to 2 seconds before trying again? >-----Original Message----- >When I open an email with an attachment in Outlook 2003 >Symantec will scan the attachment and Outlook will wait >for 30 seconds before trying to open it again. ...

Deleting corrupted items from In Box
Is there any way to delete a corrupted message from the In Box -(message cannot be opened, deleted or moved - trying perform any of these operations causes Outlook to hang)- other than running AutoArchive? ...