Sent email not getting transfered to Sent Items folder

I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get
stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items folder.

If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that says
"Can't move the items."

When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything works
normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items folder
can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out of my
Outbox.

Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages can
be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard limit?

Thanks in advance.

0
roy4237 (4)

Roy N. <roy@netraction-nospam.com> wrote:

> If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that
> says "Can't move the items."
>
> When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then
> everything works normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how
> much my Sent Items folder can store and when it gets full my sent
> email is never transferred out of my Outbox.

There is a limit of either 16K or 64K items per folder.

> Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many
> messages can be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard
> limit?

You don't state your version of Outlook.  For Outlook 97 and 98, the limit
was fixed, I believe, at 16K.  Outlook 2000 introduced "Large Table Support"
that allowed folders to contain 64K items, but you had to deliberately make
the change.  Outlook 2002 made the change to Large Table Support automatic.
I believe the 64K limit exists in Outlook 2003 as well.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/17/2005 9:44:49 PM
Set up automatic Archiving of the folder to keep the size down.

"Roy N." wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get
> stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items folder.
>
> If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that says
> "Can't move the items."
>
> When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything works
> normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items folder
> can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out of my
> Outbox.
>
> Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages can
> be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard limit?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Mary1 (682)
2/17/2005 9:47:03 PM
Roy,

You hit the 16K email limit for the Sent folder.  Go here to see how to
increase the limit to 64K.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196494

Larry

"Roy N." wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get
> stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items folder.
>
> If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that says
> "Can't move the items."
>
> When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything works
> normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items folder
> can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out of my
> Outbox.
>
> Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages can
> be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard limit?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Mykemo (1)
2/17/2005 11:57:02 PM
THANK YOU LARRY!

That did the trick. Now when I hit that 64K limit I'll have some serious
cleaning up to do!

Roy

"Mykemo" <Mykemo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Roy,
>
> You hit the 16K email limit for the Sent folder.  Go here to see how to
> increase the limit to 64K.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196494
>
> Larry
>
> "Roy N." wrote:
>
> > I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get
> > stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items
folder.

> > If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that
says
> > "Can't move the items."
> >
> > When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything
works
> > normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items
folder
> > can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out
of my
> > Outbox.
> >
> > Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages
can
> > be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard limit?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

0
roy4237 (4)
> Roy N. <roy@netraction-nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that
> > says "Can't move the items."
> >
> > When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then
> > everything works normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how
> > much my Sent Items folder can store and when it gets full my sent
> > email is never transferred out of my Outbox.
>
> There is a limit of either 16K or 64K items per folder.
>
> > Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many
> > messages can be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard
> > limit?
>
> You don't state your version of Outlook.  For Outlook 97 and 98, the limit
> was fixed, I believe, at 16K.  Outlook 2000 introduced "Large Table
Support"
> that allowed folders to contain 64K items, but you had to deliberately
make
> the change.  Outlook 2002 made the change to Large Table Support
automatic.
> I believe the 64K limit exists in Outlook 2003 as well.
> --
> Brian Tillman

I said I have Outlook 2000 in the first five words of my post.

Already got the problem resolved though; I needed to set OL for the 64K
limit.

0
roy4237 (4)
2/18/2005 2:53:02 PM
Roy N. <roy@netraction-nospam.com> wrote:

> I said I have Outlook 2000 in the first five words of my post.

So you did.  My apologies.

> Already got the problem resolved though; I needed to set OL for the
> 64K limit.

Great.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Have Outlook 2000. How do I get rid of spam?
I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! winnieB <winnieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. > When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I > Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! Step by step: 1) Open Internet Explorer. 2) Browse to http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ 3) Downoad SpamBaye...

Outlook Live 2003 re: reply to msg sent to different e-mail account
Issue: I want a different e-mail account to display to recipient I'm just subscribed to Outlook Live and using Outlook 2003. I simply want to configure Outlook 2003 as I have my Outlook Express configured (ie receipient sees the same "reply to" e-mail address no matter which e-mail account I use to send the original e-mail). For my POP3 account, I easily configued Outlook 2003 to work using a different "reply to" address. However, for the Hotmail account (http radio button) I don't have the same options available to change the "reply to" address. Rev...

Assign a Tax Category to a Transfer
How do I assign a tax category to a TRANSFER transaction within Money? Specifically, my paycheck is set-up as a split transaction with tax withholding properly assigned to various categories. However, my 401K contribution is actually a TRANSFER to another account and should be reflected as a reduction against my taxable salary. But, this (transfer) contribution is not showing up in any of my tax reports. 1) Categorizing a transfer is an oxymoron. 2) IF you have the transfer to 401k coming off the Before Tax tab of your paycheck entries, I believe you will find that it *is* being ...

seperate accounts to seperate folders?
Hi I just had a quick question... I am currently using Outlook 2003, and I have 2 pop3 email accounts se up in my outlook.....one of them is my personal company email and th other is the general comapny email address (which i am responsible fo checking). What i am trying to find out how to do is, is it possibl to have the general company email messages go directly to a seperat folder besides the inbox? I still want my personal company email t come to the Inbox folder, but i want the general company email to go t a folder called "SCS." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank...

Changing Item #'s
Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? TMM: No there isn't in the "base" product, but MBS does have a tool that you can use called Item Modifier - this will allow you to change an Item number from one value to another. You can email this address below and they can answer any questions you have about the tool and can tell you what the cost of it is. mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com Hope that helps you out, JG "TMM" wrote: > Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? ...

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

Deleted items folder in o2k3
The big boss refuses to empty or archive his deleted items, now holding some 25,000 messages and approaching 3 gigs in size for the deleted items folder alone. Does Outlook treat messages in the deleted items folder any differently than messages in other folders? Would it be better for him to never delete messages since he doesn't really want to delete them? It would be better to not delete them since Deleted Items... is for things you want to get rid of. "Wowbagger" <none> wrote in message news:uKyAPby2GHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The big boss refuses ...

retrieving folders.old file

Public folders #9
I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming Can anyone help m thanks "cisca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file. >Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming. >Can anyone help me PFADMIN or PFINFO can do this. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Getting contents of adjacent cells

Prioritize Internal Email
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email to a higher priority than internet mail? -Patrick What specific issue are you trying to address? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FD55EB5-475C-46B6-AB3A-1C697E62DF72@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email > to a > higher priority than internet mail? > -Patrick ...

Replicating folders
I am having a strange issue with tasks replicating for no apparent reason. Outlook 2002 on Windows XP. Anyone run across something like this before? Deleted 34 blank tasks and the next day there were 14 new ones. ...

recieving emails
I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) and when I hit the button again it starts recieving from the begining again resulting in duplicate messages then it ends in an error like the beginning again. My email is Yahoo mail plus Dorisall wrote: || I get an error message Which is? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Dorisall <Dorisall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) > and when I hit the button again it starts reci...

Can't receive EMail #5

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

email icon
I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this mean? -- xgdude It indicates that you replied to that message. A green arrow pointing right indicates that you forwarded the message. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "xgdude" wrote in message news:04BCD8E8-B64A-4385-B601-55095BC34F42@microsoft.com... I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this...

some emails not coming through internally
Hello, I have a 3COM NBX phone system. It has the capability of sending an e-mail to a user with the voice message attached. That system is on my 10.1.x.x network. My exchange server is on my 10.3.x.x. network. There's a place in the NBX system to put the name of the SMTP server. I've tried both the email.mydomain.com and the IP address of the server. The messages do not come through. If I change the e-mail address for delivery to an account such as yahoo.com, it comes through no problem. I have a test exchange server at home. If I set it to go to that, goes no where. I ...

email
How can I change the time that it takes for message to shift from BOLD (unread) to PLAIN TEXT (as read) in my inbox. If I open MS OUTLOOK it will change within 30 seconds to PLAIN TEXT from BOLD appearing as read, even if I don't want to read them at that time. Therefore, later, I don't know if I read that one or not. I have seen the time limit change on the setup somewhere, but can't find it now! joe@dixiesteamway.com Outlook does not have this option to mark an email as read when viewing in the Preview pane. Only Outlook Express does. "Joe Dobbins" <joe...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

Launching URLs from email
URLs in my emails suddenly will no longer launch when clicked. I am using Office/Outlook 2000. Only recent change is the installation of Norton Internet Security, but I think I had ok launches since then. Any help would be appreciated. ...