Sent email not getting transfered to Sent Items folder

I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get
stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items folder.

If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that says
"Can't move the items."

When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything works
normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items folder
can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out of my
Outbox.

Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages can
be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard limit?

Thanks in advance.

0
roy4237 (4)

Roy N. <roy@netraction-nospam.com> wrote:

> If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that
> says "Can't move the items."
>
> When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then
> everything works normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how
> much my Sent Items folder can store and when it gets full my sent
> email is never transferred out of my Outbox.

There is a limit of either 16K or 64K items per folder.

> Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many
> messages can be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard
> limit?

You don't state your version of Outlook.  For Outlook 97 and 98, the limit
was fixed, I believe, at 16K.  Outlook 2000 introduced "Large Table Support"
that allowed folders to contain 64K items, but you had to deliberately make
the change.  Outlook 2002 made the change to Large Table Support automatic.
I believe the 64K limit exists in Outlook 2003 as well.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/17/2005 9:44:49 PM
Set up automatic Archiving of the folder to keep the size down.

"Roy N." wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get
> stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items folder.
>
> If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that says
> "Can't move the items."
>
> When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything works
> normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items folder
> can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out of my
> Outbox.
>
> Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages can
> be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard limit?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Mary1 (682)
2/17/2005 9:47:03 PM
Roy,

You hit the 16K email limit for the Sent folder.  Go here to see how to
increase the limit to 64K.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196494

Larry

"Roy N." wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get
> stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items folder.
>
> If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that says
> "Can't move the items."
>
> When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything works
> normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items folder
> can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out of my
> Outbox.
>
> Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages can
> be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard limit?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Mykemo (1)
2/17/2005 11:57:02 PM
THANK YOU LARRY!

That did the trick. Now when I hit that 64K limit I'll have some serious
cleaning up to do!

Roy

"Mykemo" <Mykemo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Roy,
>
> You hit the 16K email limit for the Sent folder.  Go here to see how to
> increase the limit to 64K.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196494
>
> Larry
>
> "Roy N." wrote:
>
> > I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get
> > stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items
folder.

> > If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that
says
> > "Can't move the items."
> >
> > When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything
works
> > normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items
folder
> > can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out
of my
> > Outbox.
> >
> > Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages
can
> > be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard limit?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

0
roy4237 (4)
> Roy N. <roy@netraction-nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that
> > says "Can't move the items."
> >
> > When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then
> > everything works normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how
> > much my Sent Items folder can store and when it gets full my sent
> > email is never transferred out of my Outbox.
>
> There is a limit of either 16K or 64K items per folder.
>
> > Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many
> > messages can be stored in the Sent Items folder, or is this a hard
> > limit?
>
> You don't state your version of Outlook.  For Outlook 97 and 98, the limit
> was fixed, I believe, at 16K.  Outlook 2000 introduced "Large Table
Support"
> that allowed folders to contain 64K items, but you had to deliberately
make
> the change.  Outlook 2002 made the change to Large Table Support
automatic.
> I believe the 64K limit exists in Outlook 2003 as well.
> --
> Brian Tillman

I said I have Outlook 2000 in the first five words of my post.

Already got the problem resolved though; I needed to set OL for the 64K
limit.

0
roy4237 (4)
2/18/2005 2:53:02 PM
Roy N. <roy@netraction-nospam.com> wrote:

> I said I have Outlook 2000 in the first five words of my post.

So you did.  My apologies.

> Already got the problem resolved though; I needed to set OL for the
> 64K limit.

Great.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Run VB Script from a remote machine for SFTP file transfers
Hello, I need to use a scheduling utility to run a VB script that reside on a remote machine. The VB script will contain a couple of commands to send SFTP file transfers. Any one know how I can go about doing this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. ...

How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outllook 2007?
Hello, How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outlook 2007? -- Thanks, Bob You don't. The closest you can come is turning on autopreview.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message = news:OQ4zcEwzHHA.5408@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, >=20 > How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outlook 2007? > --=20 > Thanks, > Bob=20 >=20 > you...

expired item
What is the definition of an expired item in Outlook? Where are you seeing this message, and what version of Outlook? Lynn wrote: > What is the definition of an expired item in Outlook? ...

Public Folder Calendar Items not Updating
Hi, we are in an Exchange 2003, Server 2003, Office 2003 Environment. Each department in our organization has a shared calendar in our public folder structure. There are several people that have to update these calendars. Recently, one of the people doing the updates has received the following message in the info bar for the sent calendar update: "This item was not completely updated during the last server synchronization." When this happens, the attendees for meetings will sometimes get the update, and sometimes not. The calendar item on the public calendar will not reflect the u...

Teachers/Admin reading emails?
Hi I'm trying to come up with an easy way as an admin and also as a teacher to read children's email.; I don't want to do this because I'm nasty, I need to do it to check the system is not being abused. I've had a look at adding user accounts to my admin outlook but if I do that I get a message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location". What am I doing wrong? Thanks XYZ wrote: > I'm trying to come up with an easy way as an admin and also as a > teacher to read children's email.; I ...

Just noticed something strnage looking in my store folder
From time to time I copy my store folder to another drive and today I noticed a bunch of items in it that looked like this C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\account{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}.oeaccount.00000001.oemigaccount I X'd out the ID numbers in case they were something I shouldn't post I think the rest is safe ...I hope I noticed maybe 10-15 of these oeaccount entries can someone tell me what they are? Thanks Those are message store locat...

Problem with MS CRM Token in sending email from comaigne.
Hello, I have a problem with executing campaigns in MS CRM. I added a marketing list to campaigns activities and sending mail merge email to all my clients. Emails which were sending from mail merge (use word) do not have a MS CRM token in their subject. So answers are not automatically linked to campaign activity. In my MS CRM system settings dialog box I set option email tracking for enabled and I don’t have problem with sending email form MS CRM. Any suggestions? Thx for your help. ...

emailing personified messages
I need to send out emails to my customers from my home computer. Though the taxt I send is the same, I need each email to look individual in the sense that it is adresses to a particular address, without showing other adresses. How do I automate this? OL help>mail merge "aa" <A@aa.com> wrote in message news:eUNV%23afFHHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I need to send out emails to my customers from my home computer. > Though the taxt I send is the same, I need each email to look individual in > the sense that it is adresses to a particular address, without sho...

Bounced email capture.
Is there a way to capture bounce emails? Sorry, forgot to add that this is for Exchange 2003. "Boobatron" wrote: > Is there a way to capture bounce emails? Hi Sure it is possible, you have afew options you can either create a catchall SMTP Event sync, or use a product called MailBasketMD from TurboGeeks, see the links below: MS Document CatchAll SMTP mailbox EventSync http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324021 MailbasketMD from Turbo Geeks http://turbogeeks.com/products/mailbasket.asp There is also a pre made SMTP Event Sync script you could use http:...

A2007 SP2 sending pdf attachment to email comes out portrait
I have an app that uses an event procedure to send a report in pdf format via email. It's a simple command, works perfectly most of the time. Every 50 or so times, various users, it ends up generating the report in Portrait format instead of landscape. No rhyme or reason. Sender will execute the app 5 times, then on the sixt time, it turns up portrait, then send it again and it turns up landscape as it should. What is happening here? "JimfromIndy" <jim.shaffer@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 5a7f94a8-d164-4564-b063-4b141c67765...

User Deleting folders from someone elses mailbox
Hello, Is there a was to monitor who is Deleting folders from someone elses mailbox? I know that it could only people who have permissions to the mailstore. Can i setup something to watch when this happens? Also if it is someone who is using the Default Domain Administrator account to do this, can i see who this is or where it is coming from? Logon mailbox access. Change the domain admin password and do not distribute. Watch the event logs. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260835/en-us BK On Jan 4, 5:52 pm, vyaw2...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > Is there a was to monitor who is Delet...

Menu Control dynamic items always white
I have tried EVERYTHING and read tons of posts on this topic. If I created a menu control that has 1 level of static items and then some items have dynamic items under it. In IE8 when the dynamic menu items show as the mouse passes over it, the entire popup is white background. I have tried different fonts, colors, etc. and it always happens. I did add <add name="X-UA-Compatible" value="IE=EmulateIE7" / > into the web.config file but it is still the same result. It works in mozilla so I know it is something with IE but what? Again I've read tons of posts...

Message sent from Windows Mobile 5 Device partially showing up in sent items
Hello, When users send messages from their windows mobile 5.0 devices they are transmitted just fine. However when they look in their sent items via outlook or entourage the message shows up without a to, from, or subject. However it does show up in the body of the email. This makes sorting/filtering sent message impossible. Thanks, Matt ...

Transfer Money 2004 to a New Computer
I recently bought a new laptop, and I am trying to transfer my Money 2004 file to it from my previous computer. The previous computer was XP and the new laptop is Vista. I have loaded Money 2004 to the laptop without issues. However, when I try to restore the backup from the old computer (using a portable hard drive), I get a message "Money 2004 Multiple Disk Backup - Please insert the next next backup disk. (The disk containing file "".)" At that point, I basically have to cancel out and not restore the file. I've also tried just copying the Money file (...

How do I set up a repeating weekly email in outlook?
I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a way to perform this action? DDPARTIN1;707494 Wrote: > I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a > reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a way to > perform this action? Outlook does not have a built-in means of doing this. There are two possible solutions. 1. Write a script that sends the message using VBScript. Schedule it to run using Windo...

Public Folder Alerts
Hi All, Is there any way, be it via add on or otherwise, that if a message is sent to a public folder that a group of users can be informed that there is a new message in there. We have a staff noticeboard public folder and rather than users having to check it regularly (like they should do!) I was wondering if there was anyway users could be notified of new messages. We are running in a Windows and Exchange server 2003 environment. Many thanks Adrian In Outlook, right-click the Public Folder you would like to have the alert configured, click the Administration tab, then click "F...

Email invoices w/ Money small business
I would like to email my invoices as html or Doc. How do I do this. Emailing the txt of an invoice lookes terrible. Any sugestions? ...

Large emails
Hi At the moment our emails are routed through a seperate server that has software installed on it that allows us to queue up large attachments and send them out of office hours. I have E2K SP3, I am going to migrate to E2K3 shortly and was hoping and wondering that E2K3 had this functionality built into it. Thanks Bob You can simply create an smtp connector and specify that. Not required to route through another server. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "bob smythe" <bob@aol.com> wrote in message news:O01PFKSvFHA.3500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx...

Automatically outline all email addresses in a given text by putting them in red-bold
Hi, I often treat raw texts and need to quickly visialize the paragraph containg email addresses. It takes me a great deal of working time t manually click red-bold on each email address I see in a text and it i not rare that I omit some addresses. Is there a simple function (like replace all *@* with *@* red-bold) i Excel or Word that I can use to automatize the process? Thanx in advanc -- frenchbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frenchbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2927 View this thread: http://w...

Junk Email & Blocked Senders List
If I drag email to the Junk Email folder, doesn't that automatically add the sender to the Blocked Senders List? Or do I really have to right click every single spammer and choose "Add to Blocked Senders List?" Using Outlook 2003. Thanks. rju166 <and_mike@hotmail.com> wrote: > If I drag email to the Junk Email folder, doesn't that automatically > add the sender to the Blocked Senders List? Nope. There's nothing special about moving an itrem into the Junk E-mail folder. > Or do I really have to > right click every single spammer and choose "A...

Additional Exchange Mailbox downloads emails again everyday

Can I cut and paste email messages into a cell and it only show when I click on the cell?
Thanks Colin Colin, I don't believe that you can do that. You could paste the email messages to another sheet and then use a hyperlink to goto it or use a vba form solution. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand Please do not forget to rate this reply. "colincurious@hotmail.com" wrote: > Thanks > Colin > > Hi Colin, You could use a Worksheet SelectionChange event procedure to render the contents of certain cells invisible unless the cell is the active cell. For Example, this results in A1, B1 and G4 only being visible on the sheet (still...

OWA, Public Folders, Kitchen Sink....
Boxes: 2 Back-End: W2K3/Exchange 2K3 Front-End: W2K3/Exchange 2K3 Connection: T1/LAN Problem(s): OWA--Navigating the Exchange Organization (http://domain.org/exchange/mailbox) user is able to authenticate, however no icons load and in the message frame it only says "Loading...". I checked all the permissions and the authentication types accord to the microsoft articles then restarted Exchange services. OWA page loads correctly; I can send and receive messages, as well as, create other items in mailbox. A couple of hours later the problem back. Public Folder Hierarchy--My...

Customer Item Maintenance Table
I am setting up items in the Customer Item Maintenance Screen. If I try to view the SQL table SOP00300 there is nothing there. Which I believe is where the info is supposed to store this data. I can make an order and select the options to use customer info and it works correcltly. I would just like to know which tables that are acutally being used in case I want to make a bulk insert via a sql script. Glenn, Looks like the customer item numbers are in SOP60300. SOP00300 is the Customer Item Substitute. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports ht...

Get-Alias wildcarding
Contrast these attempts to see the Where-Object association for the single character ? alias (without seeing any other aliases): PS C:> Get-Alias -Name ? CommandType Name Definition ----------- ---- ---------- Alias % ForEach-Object Alias ? Where-Object Alias h Get-History Alias r Invoke-History PS C:> Get-Alias -Name '?' ...