Sending & Saving Email Distribution List

I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Home and would like to be able to
email a distribution list to someone and have them save it in Contacts as
their own distribution list. I used the Forward feature and was able to
email it as an attachment to the other person. when they opened the email
and double clicked on the attachment, they could see the distribution list,
but could not save it to Contacts. It would save as an rtf file, but not in
their Contacts.
    Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks,
        Howard
hrensin@nainv.com

0
hrensin (15)

Instead, use a new email message form and use Insert->Item - browse to =
your contacts folder and select the DL to insert.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Howard M. Rensin asked:

| I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Home and would like to be
| able to email a distribution list to someone and have them save it in
| Contacts as their own distribution list. I used the Forward feature
| and was able to email it as an attachment to the other person. when
| they opened the email and double clicked on the attachment, they
| could see the distribution list, but could not save it to Contacts.
| It would save as an rtf file, but not in their Contacts.
|    Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks,
|        Howard
| hrensin@nainv.com
0
MillyS (3228)
11/3/2006 7:05:53 PM
O.K. I sent the email as you describe below, but the recipient still needs
to be able to save it to Contacts. When they bring up the "Save as..."
option, it only saves the list as an rtf file in some download folder. How
do they save it to the Contacts section as a working distribution list? We
are NOT using Exchange, just plain Outlook 2003 on each machine.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
Instead, use a new email message form and use Insert->Item - browse to your
contacts folder and select the DL to insert.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Howard M. Rensin asked:

| I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Home and would like to be
| able to email a distribution list to someone and have them save it in
| Contacts as their own distribution list. I used the Forward feature
| and was able to email it as an attachment to the other person. when
| they opened the email and double clicked on the attachment, they
| could see the distribution list, but could not save it to Contacts.
| It would save as an rtf file, but not in their Contacts.
|    Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks,
|        Howard
| hrensin@nainv.com

0
hrensin (15)
11/3/2006 9:36:45 PM
If you attach it to a message in RTF format, the recipient simply opens it
and saves it. It will then reside in the default Contact Folder.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Howard M. Rensin" <hrensin@comcast.net> wrote in message
> O.K. I sent the email as you describe below, but the recipient still needs
> to be able to save it to Contacts. When they bring up the "Save as..."
> option, it only saves the list as an rtf file in some download folder. How
> do they save it to the Contacts section as a working distribution list? We
> are NOT using Exchange, just plain Outlook 2003 on each machine.
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> Instead, use a new email message form and use Insert->Item - browse to
> your contacts folder and select the DL to insert.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Howard M. Rensin asked:
>
> | I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Home and would like to be
> | able to email a distribution list to someone and have them save it in
> | Contacts as their own distribution list. I used the Forward feature
> | and was able to email it as an attachment to the other person. when
> | they opened the email and double clicked on the attachment, they
> | could see the distribution list, but could not save it to Contacts.
> | It would save as an rtf file, but not in their Contacts.
> |    Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks,
> |        Howard
> | hrensin@nainv.com

0
russval1 (2100)
11/3/2006 9:42:27 PM
Just drag the attached file onto your contacts list.

"Howard M. Rensin" wrote:

> O.K. I sent the email as you describe below, but the recipient still needs
> to be able to save it to Contacts. When they bring up the "Save as..."
> option, it only saves the list as an rtf file in some download folder. How
> do they save it to the Contacts section as a working distribution list? We
> are NOT using Exchange, just plain Outlook 2003 on each machine.
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> Instead, use a new email message form and use Insert->Item - browse to your
> contacts folder and select the DL to insert.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Howard M. Rensin asked:
>
> | I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Home and would like to be
> | able to email a distribution list to someone and have them save it in
> | Contacts as their own distribution list. I used the Forward feature
> | and was able to email it as an attachment to the other person. when
> | they opened the email and double clicked on the attachment, they
> | could see the distribution list, but could not save it to Contacts.
> | It would save as an rtf file, but not in their Contacts.
> |    Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks,
> |        Howard
> | hrensin@nainv.com

Problem to send multi language subject line email in 1 Outlook
I found that besides english , I can only send email with subject line contains 1 kind of non-unicode language It is fine and display very well to include different language in the body. But I cannot send 1 email with japanese subject line, and then another one with chinese subject line. It only allow subject line with 1 kind of non-unicode language based on setting of default non-unicode language in Reglional and Language setting in control panel. Is there any way I can send email with different language subject line (not in same email. just one by one in different language)? My ...

duplicate emails #5
I have three email accounts (all same host) and use rules wizard to separate incoming mail to three sub-folders in Inbox. For one of the accounts only, the mail arrives properly in its sub-folder, but a second copy of the emails arrives in the regular Inbox folder. For the other two accounts, the emails arrive only in their appropriate sub-folders. Any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >I have three email accounts (all same host) and use rules >wizard to separate incoming mail to three sub-folders in >Inbox. For one of the accounts only, the mail arrives >properl...

Format a combobox list as a heirarchy...?
I have a table that has a primary key and a parentKey column. I'm using it as a Combo Box in the Lookup of a field in another Table. Right now, the dropdown list is formatted normally, like this: Program1 | Process1 Program1 | Process2 Program1 | Process3 Program2 | Process1 Program2 | Process2 Is there an easy way to make it look like this: Program1 | Process1 - | Process2 - | Process3 Program2 | Process1 - | Process2 -- Brian Brian ?"in a table"? Are you saying that you are using a lookup field data type in a table? You posted in ...

Save operation on table MOP_Order_MSTR after upgrading to V10
I am getting the above error in V10 (after upgrading from 9.00.0314) I click OK on the message, and it seems like I can keep going, so it doesnt stop me from continuing. I am assuming it is a security issue with the MFG series and sql but do not know how to correct it. thanks! -- Doug Under the More information buttons: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server] Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =,!=,<,<=,>,>= or when the subquery is used as an expression. -- Doug "Doug" wrote: > I am getting the above ...

display of email address in From field
in outlook 2003, i want to send email from a temporaty account (#1) but have the reply-to address be my permanent account (#2). I can do this using the more settings/general tab in email accounts, but when i send a mail from account #2, the address that is displayed in the From field is still account #1 even though a reply would go to my #2. Is there a way to change what is displayed in the from field to what is used in the reply-to field when it is not the account I am using to send? You'd have to set the From to the same address, in the properties for the account. -- Sue Mos...

"Regarding" field is automatically filled in when a user tracks an email from crm oulook client
A user using crm4 outlook client against a CRM4 server complains the following unexpected behavior: when she tracks an email from her outlook with crm4 client installed, CRM automatically fills in the filed "regarding" with a case that doesn't concern the email sender at all. In a normal condition CRM leave the field blank waiting for the user fills in it. I need to know whether the behavior is a normal consequence of a CRM4 setting or is an anomalous behaviour. The CRM has been recently upgraded to the fourth version from the third version of it. The user computer has been upda...

When I try to save a item in Outlook it says "Not Implemented"
When I try to save a item in Outlook it says "Not Implemented" ...

Can't send attachments #11
Ever since I upgraded to WinXP(home) I can no longer send attachments of any size. SP2 installed. I'm using Outlook 2000. I keep getting "a timeout occured while communicating with server (error number 0X800ccc19). I am not on a network and have turned off my virus scan. I can send plain email fine. Any ideas appreciated. ...

preventing distribution lists from getting outside emails
We have an Exchange 5.5 server an have recently started receiving computer worm/virus emails to our companywide (everyone@mycompany.com) email address, thus everyone recieves the email. Is there any way to block this particular email address from receiving emails from the outside (internet)? Why not just remove the SMTP address? On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 16:43:16 -0700, "Jason Gallas" <jgallas@hotmail.com> wrote: >We have an Exchange 5.5 server an have recently started receiving computer >worm/virus emails to our companywide (everyone@mycompany.com) email address, >t...

outlook closes when trying to send email
Can't send any emails, either new ones or replying to an email, can only forward emails. Any ideas. "Rod Potter" <maestr2@comcast.net> wrote in message news:P6ydnWgnO5yFmn_bnZ2dnUVZ_tKinZ2d@comcast.com... > Can't send any emails, either new ones or replying to an email, can only > forward emails. Any ideas. > Which Outlook version (Help -> About)? Do you have the same problem if you run Outlook in safe mode? Open the Start menu and choose Run. Type 'outlook /safe' (without quotes) in the Open field and press OK. HTH, Ronald Nissley Rod ...

I accidentally deleted a contact list
Right when I did it, a brief msg flashed that said something about where it went - junk folder ? I don't recall. I am using MS Office Professional 2007 and find the Contacts and Distribution Lists very confusing! I meant to delete a distribution list and ended up deleting a contacts list. It's in the Deleted items folder - search for it there if you can't find it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-reque...

How to change default paragraph setting in Outlook 03 email?
I'm trying to get the paragraph setting in Outlook 03, which is currently defaulted to "Auto" changed to zero. How can I change this default? ...

Wrror when trying to send invoice to CutePDF writer.
Why Money Small Business 2005 error every time I try to send an invoice to CutePDF writer? It says not enough memory, but I have plenty of memory. 2GB should be more than enough. Quickbooks doesn't have a problem with it at all. Isd there some setting I'm missing? In microsoft.public.money, Bash wrote: >Why Money Small Business 2005 error every time I try to send an invoice to >CutePDF writer? It says not enough memory, but I have plenty of memory. 2GB >should be more than enough. Quickbooks doesn't have a problem with it at all. >Isd there some setting I'm ...

Saving Budgets in Money 2004
Hello: When I reallocate funds in a current budget I save the current budget. If I close the saved budget and re-open, the reallocations disappear. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Also, is there a quick way to save current budgets without having to enter a new budget name and timeframe? Thanks "Melissa Stone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<cbcd01c43900$e512e320$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Hello: > > When I reallocate funds in a current budget I save the > current budget. If I close the saved budget and re-open,...

Outlook not saving messages in Sent Items when forwarding
My outlook (Windows XP)will not keep the checkmark in the box for sen items as its default. How do we make this happen ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

subform data needs to be saved in main form's table
I have 2 tables. One table will store student names temporalily and the other will store several hundred company names - that are not temporary. I have an unbound combo box in my main form which queries the company table. When a company is selected, it's details appear in the subform. So, if I have a company selected, and several student names typed in the main form, it all looks perfect. Now, I want to save all of the information in the main table (the student table) so I can do mail merge in MS Word...How would I get that sub form information from the company table to save in...

Not Receiving Emails with attachments
We have a Microsoft Exchange v5.5 system running on a NT4 server. All of a sudden it will not receive emails with attachments. It does receive emails without attachments. Non of the settings have been changed on the server. We tested it using our private email accounts and the response you get when you try to send an email with an attachment is, unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:Name:Name Thanks Can we see full unedited NDR (just munge e-mail addresses)? Also make sure there is no limit on message size on mailboxes. Jon wrote: > We ha...

Making long alphanumeric list
Sorry guys this is a newbie question I know... But how do you make a long alphanumeric list in excel automatically without having to type all the figures etc... eg Lan01 Lan02 ... .... Lan101 etc. Thanks:) -- Medtner ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Medtner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29547 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492512 Just enter Lan01 in the first cell,, then move the cursor to the bottom-right corner of the cell until it changes to a black cros...

list spacing
I am using ON 2010 beta. Do you have any idea how I can change the space size between the list items? For example, I have a list as follows: 1. car 2. pencil 3. table I would like ON to give automatically a line line space between the list items, but it does not. How to do that? ...

Quick Campaign lists
Hi, Is there a way to add names inot the quick campaign list and have it not go inot the leads, and also is there a way to bulk transfer the owner for the whole list? Thanks Please clarify "Jasmine" <Jasmine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4059AAF-254A-4D4E-A392-0DDE3E13F1AC@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Is there a way to add names inot the quick campaign list and have it not > go > inot the leads, and also is there a way to bulk transfer the owner for the > whole list? > Thanks ...

Wrong time on saved attachments
Have OL2000 SP-3. Created a file at 10:00am and emailed file. Recipient saved file to their drive (on Server). File shows it was created 5 hours earlier than it was done. Checked time settings on my pc, their pc, and server and all are in sync. Anyone knows why this is happening? Thanks for any help with this. Robert <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have OL2000 SP-3. Created a file at 10:00am and emailed > file. Recipient saved file to their drive (on Server). > File shows it was created 5 hours earlier than it was > done. Checked time settings on my pc, ...

Outlook 2007 -- Images in Email
After reviewing over 4k posts I didn't see anything about a problem I'm experiencing. When I receive emails the images aren't being downloaded. I went to the Trust Center and unchecked the Don't download images and this didn't make a difference. Any ideas? Are you recieving the following message when you open the e-mail? "Click here to downlaod pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of some pictures in this message." If so clicking the message and selecting Download Pictures should do the trick. Another cause is t...

Can't send any emails?
I have 12 accounts in OE6. one acct. is from windows live the others are from other servers. I get the following error on all of them (server name different). Inbound is fine. I go to the web based accounts and all is fine. I disabled firewall same error. Any suggestions? The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Thanks Tony "Tony M" <wHATeVER@msn.com> wrote in message news:OQmsYEi8KHA.4604@TK2...

Outlook refuses to select default outgoing email address
I use 3 email accounts but outlook refuses to use default (business) address to reply to mail and calendar invites - any suggestions welcome Alan6666 wrote: > I use 3 email accounts but outlook refuses to use default (business) address > to reply to mail and calendar invites - any suggestions welcome When composing new e-mails (new or forward), the default account gets used. When replying, the account used is the same one through which the original e-mail was received (i.e., you reply using the same account to which the original e-mail was sent). If you sent email to j...

Email Tracking in CRM 3.0
My company just purchased CRM 3.0 -- during the sales process, we were led to believe that it would be possible to use the system for outbound email campaigns that would track individual click-thrus. In short, we want to be able to send out HTML messages to a list, such that each individual message contains a "personalized" link, so that when the recipient clicks on that link, that action is recorded in the CRM system. Ideally, we'd also like to be able to record which recipients open the email, using a clear gif. Put another way, for each individual we sent the email to, ...