Sending Problems

I get the following message (exchange compuserve.com for
htomail.com or any other) when I try to send a message
from Outlook 2002.  My pop3 and smtp servers are both
mail.domain_name.com

550 not local host compuserve.com, not a gateway

It will send messages to addresses with the same domain
name as mine.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

>I get the following message (exchange compuserve.com for
>htomail.com or any other) when I try to send a message
>from Outlook 2002.  My pop3 and smtp servers are both
>mail.domain_name.com
>
>550 not local host compuserve.com, not a gateway
>
>It will send messages to addresses with the same domain
>name as mine.

You can't be connected to Compuserve and expect to send mail from any other
domain than Compuserve.  It's an anti-spam measure.  Likewise, if you are
connected to an ISP other than Compuserve and your sending address is a
Compuserve address, the other ISP won't like it.  You must use a sending
address whose domain matches the domain of the ISP to which you are
connected.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Problems with CreateILockBytesOnhGlobal
The following code misbehaves by throwing int 3 breaks on the CreateILockBytesOnHGlobal call. If contnued, the call returns S_OK with a ILockBytes pointer, but then the StgOpenStorageOnILockBytes failes. Any ideas? HRESULT hres; IStorage *pstg = NULL; // // Load doc file from resources. // HGLOBAL hdoc = NULL; ILockBytes *plockbytes = NULL; HRSRC resinfo = FindResource(g_app.m_hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE(resid), "DOCFILE"); if (!resinfo) return FALSE; hdoc = LoadResource(g_app.m_hInstance, resinfo); if (S_OK == CreateILockBytesOnHGlobal(hdoc, TRUE, &plockbytes...

update problem-crossposted
As I seem to have been abandoned by MS I thought I'd ask here. I have retail versions of Office 2003 student and teacher and Publisher 2000. These are not OEM or illegal copies. I was having numerous problems updating Office 2003 and was lead through an un-install and re-install by MS tech support. Received many updates that installed correctly until... I received a message that I needed to install updates for Office 2000 and that one had to be installed first and separately for the other to work. It would never download. After hours on the phone with MS it was determined that si...

Can only send email to myself using POP3
I have a problem sending out email using my POP3 account. I used the configuracion check of outlook and everything is working. The problem is that if I send an email to a different address then my own I get the following error message: Algunos de los destinatarios no recibieron su mensaje. Asunto: Test Enviado el: 26/04/2004 15:37 No se puede localizar a los destinatarios siguientes: en 26/04/2004 15:37 530 delivery not allowed to non-local recipient, try authenticating Anyone knows a solution? Thanks, Reinout You need to set up your outbound mail serv...

excel formula problem #3
i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only say how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of the (eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with cells D,E, i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if all are filled but it must count if any of the three are filled hope this makes sens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: =COUNT(B1:C1,G1:Z1)+(COUNT(D1:F1)>0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i want to set up a system that c...

Problems Backing up MS Money
I am running Microsoft money 2004 on a 64 bit windows vista machine. When I go to back up my files at the end of a session, money thinks that my 8 gig flash drive is a floppy disc and tells me that the disc is full and to insert another one. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this. This is something new, it was working alright for months. Any ideas? M2004 only knew about hard disks and floppies for backup. There was a "feature" whereby it could only handle 2gb USB sticks. You need to reduce your available space on the USB to under 2gb, by copying any old files till t...

drag and drop problem with cell references
i have a cell with a formula in one worksheet that references another cell. the formula looks like this: =IF((ISBLANK('Draft'!$D25)),"",'Draft'!$D25) where 'draft' is another worksheet in my workbook. the formula works fine, it looks empty if there is nothing in the referenced cell('Draft'!$D25), otherwise it mirrors the content of that cell. If i type something in the referenced cell('Draft'!$D25), it still works great. But if i drag something to the referenced cell than the formula gets screwed up and replaces the $D25, with #ref. I am gue...

Problem cleaning up temporary files.
This isn't MFC specific so I apologize. I just like the information provided by the regular members of this group. I have an application that has a Rich Edit control. Next to the Rich Edit control is a Print button. To avoid all the details of printing, I decided to save the contents of the control to a RTF file, then do ShellExecuteEx("blahblah.rtf", "print", ...). This works fine. But, I sure would like to remove these temporary files. But I am finding that to be a tricky problem to solve. At first, I thought I would wait for the process started to end. Bu...

Workflow Problem
Hi all, some instances (approx 5%) of a workflow we use all the time are getting stuck at various points when we do a status reason change - the logs show the following error: Error Code = 80044151. SQL Server Error. SQL Server timeout expired. Our sql server is very under utilised and most of the workflows change states OK - any ideas ? Thanks Ian If the issue you're experiencing applies to Quotes/Orders/Invoices, the following Hotfix may help: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVLXUZLWUKKQPOVRVQNLNWOMXNQRQNZWVLNLTUPRNNUWPNZSZ "Ian K...

Exchange Server/Relay Server Problem
I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server running QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are being moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new accounts. It did so flawlessly until Friday... On Friday administration decided they...

OMA problem #5
Hi all We are currently trying to connect a couple of users Nokia 6230i to exchange just to check their mail. When they login through either pc to test or the mobile the get the following error message Your user account has not been enabled for wireless access. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance We have checked in AD and the accout is enabled for oma. W2k3 server with exhcnage w2k3 sp2. Can anyone shed some light on this Cheers Glenn Hi, You've taken the primary domain SMTP suffix address of these users. For OMA to work succesfully, a user _must_ ...

Mail send to the wrong receiver
Dear Mdm/Sir, I've send to mail to my friends, the Email address is correct; because I created it at my personal address book. But after I send out the mail, this mail was receive by one of my colleague. May I know what's wrong with my Outlook 2000 and how to solve it ? Thank You ! Regards, William I doubt it is an Outlook problem. Either you entered the address into your address book incorrectly or you were given the wrong address to begin with. Outlook sends to whatever server responds to the address's domain. From there, it's out of Outlook's hands. "...

Problem with a Array formula, Please help !!
What is the problem with the array formula (see cells in column R, which are highlighted coloured yellow) ? {=IF(SUM(IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0)),IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0))) >0,"Y...

File Attachment Problem
I have got the file attachment problem since we implemented the dynamics CRM 4.0. So i will be glad if you advise me a way to solve this problem. sincerally ...

problem with scaning
hello happy new year I want to scanning multipage documets and save it in my folder. I tryed to scaning without any component . I want to use with microsoft windows acquire library(wia) and save it tiff format. please help me how can create a form with a command button and writting its vba code that it stats scanning and saving file(tiff format) in my folder . thank you hesm ...

Graph OLE Linked objects problem
I got error message from access2003 when I tried to open a Graph OLE Linked objects, the message is: Strategic Budget builder can't find the file containing the linked OLE object you tried to update using OLE/DDE links command. When I click "yes", the other message pop up: "You may have misspelled the file name, or the file may have been deleted or renamed. If the file has been moved to a different location, use the OLE/DDE Links command to change the source. Or delete the object, and create a new linked object." Tried to re-installed OFFICE2003, but it still do...

Sending attachments using Business Contact Manager Mail Merge
I've just upgraded to Outlook Business Contact Manager 2003 and am trying to send an attachment to several contacts using the mail merge facility. When you click mail merge it takes you to Word, so I cannot understand how you attach a document to the message you have written. I'm sure it is very simple, I just need a little help please!!! Kate:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Cannot send email 12-11-09
I keep getting an error message reading*** Cannot find host*** Chances are, you have a typo in the mail server name. If you need more help, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a = reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Randy" <RRestle@comcast.net> wrote in message = news:%2326x76meKHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I keep getting an error message reading*** Cannot find host*** ...

Outlook 2003 Crashes @Send/Receive (outex.dll)
Hi, i've got the problem that Outlook 2k3 crashes suddenly during receiving and sending mails from an exchange server. Outlook says that it encountered an error and wants me to send a report to MS. EventViewer shows the entry that the error occurred in outex.dll. this *.dll is responsible for the "Out Of Office" Add-In. i've got every ServicePack installed (1,2,3) i need to keep the old *.pst and archive folder What i've done: - tried the repair function of office - useless - tried reinstalling, seemed to work. installed the service packs -> crashed again (same Lo...

Which has the problem with delaying
Hi all, Exchange 2003 envir. We have one appliance to accept the email for our domain and relay to our exchange servers. But, one user received one message 7 days later. I called appliance vendor and tracked the message which received and delivered it to exchange server on 6/20/2010. But, the user receives it on 6/27/2010. From the header of the message, it shows appliance receives it on 6/20/2010 and received by exchange server on 6/27/2010. Which has a problem with it? Appliance or Excahnge server? Where does the message sit for 7 days? (we have two days time out...

Problem with 'AutoCorrect file'
Glad if any could help out. Keep getting a dialogbox preventing work in Excel stating 'Your AutoCorrect file, C\User\....\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office\MSO2057.acl could not be saved. The file may be read only, or you do not have permission to modify the file.' I am the only user on the HP Pavilion laptop with Vista Home Premium and running Office 2007 professional. What did do wrong and how to rectify? ...

Can't send email thru Outlook 2002. PLS help...
I can receive emails fine, but everytime i try to send i get an "undeliverable" email back with the error "Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed". It looks like it's trying to find my IP address, but can't. I have a router that looks to be set up fine as I did the troubleshooting section that specified this problem, but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. That error is generated by antispam software on the recipients mail server. Are you running your own SMTP server? If so, it's a problem with your server, if not contact your provider since the...

How can I send a set of files, one file per email, automatically?
I need to send about 40 files to one or two people. I'm willing to do this in Eudora or in Outlook Express or Outlook. The problem is that these files are each relatively large: around 25MB each. Combining them into one file would be prohibitive. So I want to send 40 emails, each with one file. Does either of these mailer programs make that task possible? Of course, doing it manually would not be a reasonable option. Outlook should be able to do that with a batch file but you might want to find another way of getting that much data (approx 1GB) to the recipients like via FTP serve...

Problems Posting
Is anyone else having problems posting questions? Each time I get this message: An error occurred while sending your pos -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We're sorry, but there was a problem with the system and your post was not received. The error has been reported to Operations and will be investigated as soon as possible. Please try again later. - Close =?Utf-8?B?RU1jR3JhdGhASENBX05PU1BBTV9WZW5kb3IuY29t?= <EMcGrathHCANOSPAMVendorcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2E96F53C-99CF-4B1A-8016-B05A210B52BA@microsoft....

Problem using SaveAs method
Hi, I'm running a perl script which uses Win 32 OLE package for Excel operations. The script does some processing and populates a spreadsheet, after which it uses the 'SaveAs' method to save it as xls in the same folder in which the tool runs. This used to work fine until recently I upgraded from MS Office 2003 to MS Office 2007 version 12.0.6524.5003. Now, the script does not produce any xlsx file at all. I tried the same on another machine running Excel 2007 version 12.0.4518.1014, and surprisingly it generated the xlsx. Is this some known issue with this ver...

Send To vs Open With
My VB6 app looks at the command line when it starts. I want to gather a list of images that the user selected then list them in my app. So far this is what I am seeing on my XP PC ... Note: these all have spaces in the path and\or name so I get double quoted arguments. If I select several image files in windows explorer and then Select Open With Only the first path\filename shows in Command$ So this method seems not to be any good. Is his the expected result? Select Send To I see all path\filenames selected in Command$ The command parser I have treats the first as ...