Sending email via a different program

Outlook 2002 prevents programs from accessing your
address book or sending mail on your behalf. When such
actions occur, Outlook notifies you and gives you the
option of choosing to continue with the action. I want to
know how to get rid of this feature or type of security
so I don't get any knid of message asking permission. I
want Outlook to just send the email regardless of what
program I'm using.

See if the information on the following page helps:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:009501c395a0$6f0ced50$a401280a@phx.gbl,
T wrote:

> Outlook 2002 prevents programs from accessing your
> address book or sending mail on your behalf. When such
> actions occur, Outlook notifies you and gives you the
> option of choosing to continue with the action. I want to
> know how to get rid of this feature or type of security
> so I don't get any knid of message asking permission. I
> want Outlook to just send the email regardless of what
> program I'm using.

running a program prior to user logging in ?
is it possible in 2K or XP to run a program (in this instance, sol.exe or windows solitaire for example) prior to the user logging in ? not necessarily a script but an exe ? i know under windows 9x/ME this was accomplished by running the program as a service, how is it done under 2000 / XP ? if the same way then how do i get the program installed as a service ? is it the only way ? You can download the tools here. Also be aware that not all applications can run as a service. Instsrv.exe Srvany.exe http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-...

multiple users using single email address
Hi, I am new to Exchange, so forgive the possible silly question, but I cannot find the answer to my requirement. What I want to do is have a single email address which is picked up by several people, but these people can also reply and send to received emails. I am unsure of the best way to configure exchange and then the Outlook 2003 client, to allow this to take place without having to resort to 'Sending on behalf of', which is OK but not perfect. Am using SBS 2003 with Exchange and Outlook 2003. Many thanks in advance for any help. Mark Mark, You can sent up a Distri...

Can I delay the delivery of a mail-merged email message?
I am used to delaying the delivery of a single email message by amending the delivery options in Outlook. I would also like to do so for a mail-merged (personalised) email message that I wish to send to a group today, but do not want to be delivered until tomorrow. My mail-merged email messages are created in Word, via Mailing and Mail Wizard. Can I amend delivery options here, and if so, how? Thank you! AFAIK, you can't set the options on the message during a merge. Create a rule to delay all mail with the same subject for 10 min (or more) then set the option on ea...

Get error message 0x800CCC131 evreytime I try to send e-mail Can anybody h send
I assume you're using a Hotmail account? That error message is something saying that Outlook has sent a bad request. Generally, this comes from a proxy server or firewall that doesn't understand the HTTP/DAV protocol that is used to talk to Hotmail. I'd say that someone (either your ISP or your network administrator) recently installed or reconfigured a proxy server between you and the Internet. Contact the proper person and ask them to either upgrade or reconfigure in order to support HTTP/DAV. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

Send/Receive function stops working...?
Howdy, I run OL2000 with Win2K Pro. Often (perhaps twice a day) the send/receive button stops working. Specifically, on clicking the button, its look changes as if properly functioning, but then nothing further happens. The same is true if I attempt to launch a send/receive cycle from the menu. I cannot just send either. Re-booting solves the problem every time. What might this be about, and is there a solution? Sincere thanks, -- Kenneth If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS." ...

Routing mail to different e-mail address or domains
We recently upgrade to Exchange 2003 and the question I have is that we have different e-mail domain thru the company. The default is 123.com which is used by my ISP to route our e-mails, and we have 456.com and also 789.net. I know on 5.5 that was place where you can tell the system reroute all SMTP to these domains where in 2003 can I configure to have the same process. Do you mean you need to receive inbound messages for these additional domains? If yes, you'll need to create Recipient Policies to generate addresses for these domains (@456.coma nd 789.net), and have the necessar...

rotating email recipients in list
Is there a way to setup a distribution list or some other group that the users will be in a rotation to receive the email sent to the group?? We use exchange 5.5 on a 2k box...visitors to our website would fill out a form that is then emailed to a distrobution list name. In this distrobution list are three emails. Each time the form is filled out and sent it would send to one of the emails on the list (this would rotate or cycle each time the form is filled out)...is this possible?...thanks David There is not builtin functionality to do this. You would need to write a custom event sink. -- ...

email created in publisher has jibberish
When I create an email in Publisher and send it to my smtp email address, I open it up to read the email and it has the following jibberish before the actual email: v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} b\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Is this something that can be prevented in the creation? Or is this something that happens after it is emailed? ...

Emailing Reports in PDF format
I am using Stephen Lebans A2000SnapshotToPDFver751 to email reports as PDF files. The module works fine if the report page size is set to letter but on the reports where page size is set to legal the bottom part of the page past the letter size does not have the lines that should be printing. I am wondering if anyone else has experience with this problem. Thanks, -- Bob G ...

Deliver new email to pst file
If I change the location new email is delivered to by following the instructions below, will this work if outlook is closed? On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next. In the Deliver new e-mail to the following location list, select where you want to the new messages delivered. Click Finish. Yes, the new mail will be delivered to the location you specify the next = time Outlook is opened and polls for mail. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited ma...

Overages should be a different color in receiving
When working in the receiving screen shortages appear in RED and zero fills GREEN, but overages are not highlighted. It would be nice if they would stand out in a different color. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

VBA Code to Delete an Email After it is Processed by VBA
The following code is a hybrid from several internet sources. Mostly from this forum. I have an application that starts an email thread and assigns a Task ID like: TID(123) This is the Subject When an email is received with "TID(###)" somewhere in the subject, a native rule then copies it to a subfolder under the CurrentFolder called 'TID'. The following code works to copy the email in msg format to its associated network directory, but the email remains in the subfolders. What I am trying to accomplish is to automatically delete the email after it is pro...

Set "from" address for outgoing emails
Hello, I'm new to Exchange, so apologies if this question has been answered many times in the past. I've searched, but so far I have not found an answer. Essentially I want to change the address from which messages appear to originate. Currently we run a legacy email system (ISOCOR) which we are replacing with an Exchange 2003 implementation (currently in test). For various reasons this will be done on a phased basis and the two email system will continue to co-exist for a period of time. Currently, when an email is sent from the existing system it will be recieved by the addressee...

Insert "Send to associate" link in Pub 2000 web?
I am making a website in Publisher 2000 and would like to add a link for the viewer to be able to "email page to an associate". Is there a way to do this? Thank you. refer to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "colleen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047401c4bdd0$225109c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I am making a website in Publisher 2000 and would like to > add a link for the viewer to be able to "email page to an > associate". Is t...

YMMV
Could really use some help on this one. I generate logarthmic x-axis/% y-axis graphs. The pertinent range on the x-axis is from 0.001 to 100. There are no external references in the file anywhere. Here's the problem - a client (only one thus far) has reported that the graphs appear 'wrong' when viewed on her computer. I've seen a screenshot to verify this. The x-axis only displays 1-100 and the data is inaccurate. Whereas the original graph shows a gradually increasing trend from ~20% to 100%, the screenshot shows a DECREASING trend - but not a mirror image of the origina...

Transferring all my email accounts to a new computer
Is there any way to transfer the details of email accounts from within Outlook XP to a new computer? I have 15 email accounts set up in there, all used for different and specific purposes. I can move all my data by copying the pst file across, but it doesn't contain the email account information. So is there any alternative to handballing them all in again? Thanks. Hi Jeff, maybe this site will help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicsharewar...

My cursor is not visible in Outlook but fine in other programs
Just about to start using Outlook. It has connected to my service provider fine but the cursor is not visible on the screen. It is fine on the desktop and on other packages. I have tried changing the pointer etc in Control Panel but it makes no difference. Is there any change I can make in Outlook to make it visible? > Just about to start using Outlook. It has connected to my service > provider fine but the cursor is not visible on the screen. It is fine > on the desktop and on other packages. I have tried changing the > pointer etc in Control Panel but it makes no diff...

Automatically sending an Email From Outlook
Hi I have an Access database that uses a macro that I run automatically to send emails with new information to clients. Whenever I run the macro I get an Outlook warning that a program is trying to send an email and I have to click YES before it gets sent. Obviously if this process demands my attention each time an email is sent, it is of little value to me. Is there a Security setting in Outlook to stop this block from occurring? Thanks Jerry <jerry.ranch@pioneer.com> wrote in message news:e7mk525pmhiclgltpa3h1aadgjpipkiff8@4ax.com... > Hi > I have an Access database that use...

Date-orientated update of cells in different spreadsheets
Dear Excel experts! Hope I am right here... I would like to create a customer-orientated & task daily checklist. Basically, I want to have a single spreadsheet (spreadsheet1) and worksheet (worksheet1) with customer names along the left (1 per row) and tasks along the top (1 per column) which I update on a daily basis. Once the task has been performed for a customer, a value will be written in the appropriate field i.e. for customer1, the task1 result "passed" would be typed into B2, however, for customer2, task1 might have "failed" which would be typed into C...

Recurring appointment via OWA [WP]
Any kind of appointment created from OL is updated correctly but any recurring appointments created from OWA are not updated. This is something new happening to me. Anybody else met this? Thank you. This is by design. Appts created under OWA will not get updated. To correct, you will have to uninstall Exchange DST patch, rebaseline, then reinstall Exchange DST patch. Preferably, if there's not much it's not worth it. If majority of your users were OWA users and created much of their appts through OWA, then your DST patch method would have been OS DST, Rebaseline, Exchange DST...

How do I transfer all email from Godaddy webmail to Outlook 2007?
need to synch ALL email including INBOX/BULK/DRAFTS/FOLDERS/SENT all emails in my Godaddy webmail system "noviceoutlookuser" <noviceoutlookuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06151E12-ABFB-414D-8A85-F50711D198C4@microsoft.com... > need to synch ALL email including INBOX/BULK/DRAFTS/FOLDERS/SENT all > emails > in my Godaddy webmail system And what does Godly HELP say about this? need answers note questions please! "Gordon" wrote: > "noviceoutlookuser" <noviceoutlookuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in > ...

My linked email id pages each looks different.
I have three linked email ids - xxx1@msn.com, xxx2@msn.com and xxx3@msn.com. xxx1 is the primary email I use. On the Windows Live page for this account (and for xxx3), the functions right above the email list says: New | Delete Junk | Mark as Move to | Print Icon On the xxx2 account, the functions right aboe the email list says: [Check box] View: All | Unread | From contacts | Social updates | From groups | Everything else << [Arrange by drop down] I can't figure out how to get my primary (and tertiary) email addre...

email comes in code
Hi, My husband is using Outlook 2003 on Vista Home Premium 32-bit. He have recently formatted and reinstalled Outlook. Ever since around then he consistently receives an email from a particular source that is what looks like code and not readable text. It is only from that sender so far. We doubt that it is the senders fault in that it is a commercial entity with a huge email distribution list. So I think the problem is some setting in Outlook. Does this problem seem familiar to anyone? I also have requests in for help to our ISP, the email provider, the sender etc. Hope someone...

Notification fo the email reading of other users
Dear Friends My management person want to have a track if anyone is reading the emails of other person. This is normally for the Exchange admins as they can take the ownership of the mailbox and read the emails of user mailbox. This is really important and urgent for me. Please guide me to solve the problem. Best regards Sharad So they dont trust the admins? On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 03:39:01 -0800, "Sharad2005" <niitmalad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >Dear Friends > >My management person want to have a track if anyone is reading the emails of >other person. This i...