Sending Email #3

I am able to receive but not send email, with the
following error message: "553 authentication
required" "check email properties".  I can send sometimes
if I go in and re-enter my password but once I close
outlook and re-open, it will not send.  Its unpredicable
and causing large problems for my business.
0
anonymous (74722)

You can set up the required authentication on the "Outgoing Server" tab in
your e-mail account properties.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:00bf01c3bf3d$325b9980$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Danae wrote:

> I am able to receive but not send email, with the
> following error message: "553 authentication
> required" "check email properties".  I can send sometimes
> if I go in and re-enter my password but once I close
> outlook and re-open, it will not send.  Its unpredicable
> and causing large problems for my business.

making an out look express email account
I am having the same problem. I want outlook express as an email but dont know how to use it to set up an account. I cant have my hotmail address on there because they no longer use it. I dont know the difference between HTTP POP3 and IMAP. Is there anyway I can get it set up anytime soon. Email me if anyone has any ideas phyrebugg@hotmail.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some ...

Email stuck in Deleted Items folder (2007)
Using Outlook 2007, I accidentally hit the delete key for the wrong email. I can see it in the Deleted Items folder, but cannot move it back to the Inbox or to any other folder. I've tried dragging it, Ctrl-Shift-V, and right-click + Move. They all appear to work, but the email remains in the Deleted Items folder. Can someone help me move it back? Jennifer Murphy wrote: > Using Outlook 2007, I accidentally hit the delete key for the wrong > email. I can see it in the Deleted Items folder, but cannot move it > back to the Inbox or to any other folder. I've tried dragging it,...

i keep receiving same emails that I have already received.
Are you using POP3 or SMTP ?? Do you collect email directly from your ISP or through an Exchange server?? "bix" <bix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09D66B46-F12E-4F09-8421-6DAA9C5860EA@microsoft.com... > ...

MS Outlook 2003 won't send email through earthlink.net.
I have set up my earthlink account according to the how to article. I can receive e-mail but I cannot send e-mail. they had me change the outgoing server port from 25 to 587 but no change in sending. I have disabled my internet security and anti- virus but does not help. Anybody had this problem and found a soulution? >>they had me change the outgoing server port from 25 to 587 but no change >>in sending Then why aren't they still on the phone with you helping you until it's fixed? Is Earthlink your ISP? Are you using earthlink through another ISP? What er...

Given xsd files, need to send XML with data
Hi, I have been given a set of xsd files which I need to use to generate XML files with my data added. I am using the DataSet.ReadXmlSchema() but get the error: System.InvalidOperationException: Nested table 'Contact-Address' which inherits its namespace cannot have multiple parent tables in different namespaces. The two questions I have are 1) Is this the best approach? 2) What generates this error? I have reduced the xsd files to two example files: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchem...

send/recieve error message
I'm running outlook XP and whenever I send or recieve I get the following Error reported in the progress window ============= !task itPMC email - Snding and Recieving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 2675 octets' ============= Anyone any ideas? For those of you that have been getting "Sending and Receiving reported error .... connection to server was interrupted" as I have, try creating a new HTTP ...

Recover email from Transaction Log
How can I recover email messages and attachments from Exchange 2003 Transaction logs? transaction logs need to be "replayed" into the edb/stm files...what exactly is the issue? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "JohnR" <DoNotReply@ViaEmail.Please> wrote in message news:Oafy8XfbGHA.3856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How can I recover email messages and attachments from Exchange 2003 > Transaction logs? > > A hard drive failed. We were able to restore from the weekend backup but 'lost' the Monday emails. We do have the transaction logs and would like ...

plain text version of an html email
I have created an html email in Publisher, but know that a small percentage of my customers will see it in plain text. I have tested and there are problems w/ the plain text version. Yet I can't see it when I'm in Publisher to figure out what's wrong, or how to make the edits. Paragraphs are repeated, there is a large gap where the title image would be, links are not published, etc. Use a .pdf attachment if you want your email to be presented as you intend. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "a...

Cannot send e-mail to a newly created Public Folder via Exchange 5
I have created a public folder to receive Internet mail. All incoming mails go through an Exchange 5.5 as SMTP gateway. The test mails from an external mailbox to the public folder failed with NDR 5.1.1 user unknown. It also failed if the mail is generated from a Exchange 5.5 mailbox. However, if the mail is generated by a Exchange 2003 mailbox or from outside directly to Exchange 2003 server, it works fine. Can anyone please help? Thanks Richard Poon Check your ADC replication. Nue "Richard Poon" <RichardPoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92224...

email router setup 2
The previous thread seems to have a problem, so I'm posting this again: We have successfully installed CRM, changed the Crystal password, and moved on to the email router. We enter the server name and URL, but keep getting the message "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrative privlidges on that server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and try again." a) we only have one server b) we gave permissions to all the Administrator logins and groups that we can see. c) when we browse to the URL we have to ...

last newsgroup is message 10/3/03?
You use OE to read posts. Can you re-sync or just drop the newsgroup and the resubscribe. (I don't use OE for newsgroups, so take this with a grain of salt.) And from looking at your headers, you may want to connect the MS Newsservers directly. It usually works better. Try clicking on these links (or copy and paste into MSIE). news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.setup news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.misc news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.newusers news://msnews....

delay receiving email
I have a small Exchange 5.5 environment with about 10 users running Windows XP Pro with Outlook 2002. I had one user inform me that all of a sudden when a new email arrives, it won't appear in the inbox until she clicks on another folder. I tried another test with other users and as soon as you send the email, it appears instantly without the user having to click on other objects. All the other users except this one, receive email without having to click on other objects. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Is there a firewall installed on this computer (or is the XP firewall...

BP Requisition Approval Email
I have setup the email of notifications when requisitions gets submitted for approval, gets approved and when the req gets transferred to a PO. This has been working 100% up until yesterday when it suddenly stopped working. I have restarted the SMTP service and did make sure that the exchange server name is in the BP setup. Any ideas where else I can look for the problem? Thanks Louis Do I need SMTP installed on the Business Portal Server? "louis9009" wrote: > I have setup the email of notifications when requisitions gets submitted for > approval, gets approved and w...

How to search for all emails that contains a specific keyword?
Using EXCH 2003. I'm trying to find all email messages in all mailbox's that contains a certain keyword. When found, I would like to export the emails into a pst so that they can be viewed. I've tried using exmerge but it will only let me search by subject or attachment. Is there anything in Exchange 2003 that will let me do this or do I need some kind of 3rd party message filtering software? Thanks. Unfortunately, Exchange does not ship a tool or utility that will allow you to do this. --Chris ============================================================================ ==== ...

Configuring SBS2008 to allow mobile phones to use email / POP3
Hi, I have a customer that wants their field staff to use their Nokia phones to access their mailboxes on Small Business Server 2008 / Exchange 2007. What is required to set this up ? - Exchange 2007 / POP3 configuration ??? - Firewall configuration ??? Thanks in advance. Regards Michael What OS does Nokia use? Windows Mobile, Iphones and Palm Pre all use Exchange Active Sync (or some easy permutaion) which is easy enough. No pop required. No firewall changes either. On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:24:01 -0700, Michael <michael.green@solventgreen.com.nospam> wrote: &...

Outlook 2002 Duplicate Pop emails/accounts
Two Pop email accounts in Outlook 2002. Each time a message comes in, there are two copies. I know someone suggested a work-around previously, but I had to reinstall my email accounts in Outlook and I'm back to the same problem as before. Help! Thanks, Robert ...

Trying to send email with windows mail or outlook, won't configure
Can someone please help me configure this thing!!! I can send a regular email through Windows mail with no problem. I cannot configure Outlook, even though I am using the same info as I used in windows mail. And, most importantly.... I cannot send a Publisher email in either one!!! What in the worl am I doing wrong? They won't go directly to windows mail, even though I have it as my default mail. They continue to go into Outlook even though I have it NOT as my default. They won't send from Outlook, And when I import them into Windows mail, they won't send. Arrrggghhhh! I am...

Simple question regarding fonts, email and html........
Hello, I've got a pretty simple question regarding fonts, emails and html. If I were to compose an email message in Outlook XP using Wordmail, html as the format and special fonts (font that are likley only installed on my system), then send this message to some one else, will the receipient be able to see those special fonts I used? Thanks, Jeff Based on your description of the font only on your system, then the answer is no. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jeff M. Ingram" <jingram@hotmail...

e mail replies stuck sending from old e mail address
I have recently changed my e mail address and I have responded to things in the emails which have gone back automatically on the old address but get stuck in sending. They are not in my outbox so I can.t delete them. How can I get rid of them -- myoud These are probably stuck read receipts from the other email address: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm "myoud" <myoud.465b264@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:myoud.465b264@outlookbanter.com... > > I have recently changed my e mail address and I have responded to things > in the ...

Emails disappeared yesterday
Yesterday, I had a problem with my computer freezing. I restarted it, pulled up Windows Mail and all of the sudden the emails from the last month were gone. The left sidebar was changed also. I had folders set for emails from from certain companies which also disappeared. Does anyone have any idea how to get this back? Did you try rebooting a couple of times? Also, try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen &q...

FIX: Untracking emails incorrectly tracked for Outlook 2003 and 2007
Hi all, As you know, it is tough to un-link or un-track emails (Outlook records in general) if you track them by mistake or link them to the wrong CRM record. The link below shows how to do it when using Outlook 2007. (I assume it is the same for CRM 3.0 and 4.0 but I cannot test the former since we just upgraded to 4.0.) http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2007/05/remove_crm_link.html The problem was doing it with Outlook 2003. I think I figured a way. You have to follow the steps in the link above but the problem was showing the CRM user fields in the email record to set them to 0. If you ope...

Outlook not sending any messages
I keep getting this message on every message I try to send with Outlook XP. How can I fix Outlook XP so I sends, again? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Bill Peterson' on 10/27/2003 7:00 AM 550 not local host unitedheritage.com, not a gateway ...

Flag drops from Email Mail Merge
I am trying to flag an email with a due date/time. Then I perform a mail merge to email and the flag drops, any suggestions? ...

Infopath 2003, MOSS 2007, email form contents
I need to use our SharePoint site to send user support requests via email. So I created a from in InfoPath 2003 with the necessary fields, added a button to submit it to email as an action, and published it to a document library. And it almost does what I want except: 1) I'd like to put the user info (from the text boxes on the form) into the body of the email instead of as an attachment 2) The user has to actually go into the document library and click the New button. I'd rather maybe create a view that just has a button that does the New functionality? Then I can show j...

Migrating Outlook 2007 Account Settings and Email Folders
I used to use a different computer, with Outlook 2007 installed on it. I had to remove the hard drive from that computer and now have it in my new computer, also with Outlook 2007 installed on it. I have full access to the entire hard drive and all its contents from the old computer and want to do one simple thing: copy all the necessary files over from the old hard drive to the new one so that Outlook 2007 will have the correct accounts set up and folders in place. I just haven't been able to find a clear solution to this. I've already tried just moving the Outlook folder from Local ...