Sending attachments #9

I have a problem sending attachments through outlook. I
can send emails ok as long as it does not have a file
with it.
It just displays item not sent.
Any idea's??
0
anonymous (74722)

Not able to send or receive with windows mail.
I have set up windows mail but are not able to send or recveive mail i have this error msg come up was wondering if someone might have some ideas on how i fix this prob. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thanks "Travnikk" <Travnikk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D31924D-1B29-49C6-AB8...

New Mail Notification #9
Does anyone know how to get the New Mail Notification alert to work?? I have closely followed the instruction in the Tools ption etc, but it still does not appear. Is there a fix available? I am not even able to get the Alert Box to appearin the bottom right of the screen, although I do get a notification sound. Thanks for your help!!! Peter, London, UK If you're sure the feature is activated, it could be one of a few other problems. Here are a few articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, depending your other factors not mentioned in your post: http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...

Message on email when I send and attachment
how do I remove the following message from y Outlook Express: "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements in your mail:" Look here for help and more info on this subject: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:2561601c46061$8b4bc770$a401280a@phx.gbl, Elvia wrote: > how do I remove the following message from y Outlook > Express: > > "OE removed access to the following u...

Local Domain
We use Exchange 2003. One user in a group is having problems with Outlook 2003. When they try to send an email on behalf of the group distrubution list, they get the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=com/DC=mycompany:exchangeserver All email addresses involved are in the same domain, but no other users are having this problem. The emails are all within the same building so no spam filters are involved, nor firewalls. I have renamed the cache files .old and it didn't work. ...

forwarding e-mail with pictures/attachments
When I receive an e-mail with a picture I can view it with no problem, but when I want to forward it the picture comes out blank. I tried to send it to my desktop, but they still come up blank. attachments seem to be ok, but not pictures. Do I have my e-mail set up wrong? No one else who use this computer has this problem but me. What do I have to check in order to find the problem. ...

Not able to send mail
Hi all - a customer called today and said they can't send mail. This SBS 2008 box is a week old and the only thing I have done since last week was add a cert to the domain "remote.mydomain.com" They want to use OWA and RWW so we purchased a cert from Godaddy and installed it last night. Additionally I went in to the host and added an "A" record for "remote.mydomain.com" My question is; would adding the A record screw this up if they already have an A record for "mail.mydomain.com"? Both A records point to the SBS box. If that didn...

print copies at printer instead of sending multi-copies to printer
Does anyone know how to send 1 copy of the page to a hp color laser and have the printer itself make the copies to save time / bandwidth. I noticed that it was sending a new copy of the page for each copy. ...

How can I view e-mails before the attachment downloads?
When I receive a new e-mail with an attachment, it takes forever to open that e-mail. Can anyone please advise? It's frustrating to wait 5min. for one e-mail just to open. Thank you! "fRuStRaTeD" <fRuStRaTeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B7FCBB8-6B2E-4813-98C5-2BFEDB5CC17A@microsoft.com... > When I receive a new e-mail with an attachment, it takes forever to open > that > e-mail. Can anyone please advise? It's frustrating to wait 5min. for one > e-mail just to open. Attachments aren't some separate entity distin...

Problems : cannot open mail with attachments- Word, Excel etc
Problems : cannot open mail with attachments- Word, Excel etc from my Yahoo email accounts. I have a 733 MHZ PC with Windows ME. 192 RAM and 20 GB HD Recently I cannot open any attachments like Word or Excel received at my Yahoo email accounts. It says: "Internet Explorer cannot download.....from mail.yahoo.com Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site" I have to forward to it my other email addresses in Outlook Express and then attempt to forward it...but before forwarding it I click on the attachment and it opens. Also every Word or Excel doc I open appears...

Large Attachments
Is there anyway to block a large attachment from being sent in outlook or sitting in a outlook mailbox. Yesterday a user was able to attach a 864MB attachment to an email, when they sent it it got kicked back because I do not allow attachemnts over 10MB. When it got kicked back it sat in there inbox with this large attachment. It has been totally choking the system for 2days. Whenever you tried to delete using a outlook the system would choke on local delivery queue. I also tried to exmege the attachemnt out and that would choke it also. I was finally able to remove with a mapi view...

Delay Send Using Outlook 2003
When using Delay Send in Outlook 2003 Client connected to Exchange server 2000; The e-mail will wait in the Outbox until its pre-set delivery time. The E-mail will send, but the e-mail never makes it to the reciepient's Inbox. Has anyone ever run into this situation, if so, inform of a solution. it's never happened to me, but I've seen reports of it. I'm not sure what the resolution was - you might want to Google for older posts about it (groups.Google.com) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

Outlook Attachements.
When we try to open some attachements with outlook 2000 from and Exchange 2000 server we got this error : "Could not open one or more attachements" and after we receive this message the email is openning without the attachements.. Any ideas? do you have an attachment virus scanner for exchange? check the quarantine folder. >-----Original Message----- >When we try to open some attachements with outlook 2000 from and Exchange >2000 server we got this error : "Could not open one or more attachements" >and after we receive this message the email is openning...

Outlook 2003 Attachment Security Warning
I have a laptop with Outlook 2003. ANY ATTACHMENT - .doc, .pdf, .xls, etc... Cannot open. It says "Attachment Security Warning" .. could containt a virus, it is VERY important... blah.. The only options are "Save to Disk" and "Cancel". Yes, there is an Exchange 2003 Server. Brand new system. This is a problem. Thanks Stephen Stephen wrote: > I have a laptop with Outlook 2003. ANY ATTACHMENT - .doc, .pdf, .xls, etc... > Cannot open. It says "Attachment Security Warning" .. could containt a virus, > it is VERY important... blah.. > >...

When I try to open an attachement (jpeg) I receive an error
We just "upgraded" to a server (sbs 2003) from a peer to peer network. So far Ouklook is a disappointment. Outlook Express was much easier to use. Okay, so here is the problem, I received e-mail with a picture attachment, a small jpeg 100kb, when I right click on the picture to view it I receive an error message "application not found" - Any help? Dennis, Open Windows Explorer. Select "Tools", "Folder Options" from the menus. Click on the "File Types" tab. Scroll down the list of file types to find "JPG". Try clicking the...

SMTP #9
I have one windows 2000 server which i m using for my outgoing mail. in this server on D drive where is my Exchange is installed has a folder name program files\exchsrvr\mailroot\vsi 1\badmail\ i able to see the properties of this folder and its showing more than 2800000 files but i m not able to view these files these files are occupying my most of the HDD space i want to remove this files but as i said i m not able to view so i m not able to delete the same. Please help me in this. as my HDD size is filling up very fastly. Pleas HELP!!!!!!!!! Thankx in advance. Are you sure that you...

Sending HTML format from Exchange 2007
I am looking for a way to force all messages sent from exchange to go out in an HTML format. We are adding some branding info to outgoing email and it needs to be in HTML format. There are several clients using exchange, so the only logical place to manage things is on the server. Looks like any way to do this may be well hidden. Any suggestions? Thanks, Manuel, I believe that can only be done on the email client. "Manuel" <Manuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41986B58-3FF5-4738-9DF8-84CF94537E0E@microsoft.com... >I am looking...

I get a window "Operation Failed" when I press send/receive
I am using Outlook in MS Office 2003, since I reinstalled the program after a crash, I get the message above. Reinstalling Outlook solves nothing. If you can't provide any information as to what you did to corrupt your Outlook profile, start by creating a new one from scratch. -- Russ Valentine "cass2549" <cass2549@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AA15EC9-A461-4B5E-B936-04B255343FD2@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook in MS Office 2003, since I reinstalled the program after >a > crash, I get the message above. Since it happe...

Outlook 2003 saves every attachment
Hi All, I'm having a kind of a problem with one of my Outlook 2003 (NO sp) / Exchange 2003 SP1 installations. Everytime this user sends or receives a message with a attachment to a or from a recipient out of the office (an external recipient) Outlook pops up a message saying: (translated from dutch) You send or received an attachment to or from a relation. Do you wish to save this attachment name_of_attachment.ext ? Where does this come from? Ive never seen it before? Does anyone know how to kill this message? Werner Werner <none@none.com> wrote: > I'm having a k...

How do you block preview pane with sending email
I want to send someone email where they can not have it displayed in the preview pane. The person has the preview pane turned on and I dont want their co-workers to be able to see what I wrote unless the user opens the email. I have searched thru the help files and online to no avail Thanks, Lance Unless you have Outlook 2003 and the recipient has Outlok 2003, and you both have access to digital rights management through Outlook 2003, you can't really do this. I'd suggest attaching a Word document to the email. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.c...

HELP Outlook send/receive mail icon every 30 or so seconds
I am running office xp, outlook 2002. I just installed dsl broadband with a dual connect modem. The broadband tech originally set modem up as bridge and all was fine except I had to use windows dialer for connection. Next tech resolved the problem ?? by setting modem up as router. BIG TROUBLE, Outlook would hang, slow loadup and just have all sorts of problems. I did a system restore and brought system back to where modem was before it was changed to a router. Problem is, outlook is now showing the send/receive mail icon every 30 seconds, however it is not actually sending or receivi...

After reloading PC and copying PST file over, Outlook not sending email properly
Prior to reformatting my HD and reloading my system, I saved my PST file off to the side. After reloading Office on my machine and before opening Outlook, I put the PST file back in place (..\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook). I open Outlook and all my emails are there. After setting up my incoming and outgoing servers, I can receive mail fine. I can type in an email address and send it fine. I go to my Contacts folder and all my contacts are fine and if I right-click one of them and select "New Message to Contact", I can send an email to that person just fine. ...

Great Plains 9.0 Initial Screen
I just upgraded (Test Environment, of course) from MSGP 7.5 to 9.0. All went well, except after I select the company to log into, the screen shows this page and I continue to get errors about missing the Microsoft Chart or something (can't see the rest of the words because they cut off). How do I get around this? Is MS Office required for this? If so, where did it say that in the documentation? Thanks everyone -- pgrooms P: Certain elements of MS Office are needed to properly display the new 9.0 home page, particularly the metrics. Dwight "pgrooms" <pgrooms@discus...

Sending reported error (0x80040604): 'Personal Folders'
Above message appears when trying to send emails: how do I fix it? Remove the account from Outlook, restart Outlook and then add the account again. "skinnymike" <skinnymike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D98EA438-CCDC-4430-BBB4-D747C070F737@microsoft.com... > Above message appears when trying to send emails: how do I fix it? ...

can't send email #2
I posted an email with the message Outlook 2003 gave me: 500 Unauthorized relay msg rejected. Here is the message Outlook Express gives me: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'macrealestate@denver.net'. Subject 'Form posted from Microsoft Internet Explorer.', Account: 'pop.thelotusway.org', Server: 'smtp.thelotusway.org', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '500 Unauthorized relay msg rejected. ', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 500, Error Number: 0x800CC...

update to Exchange 2007 Enterprise SP1 rollup 9 to SP2 Rollup 4 in
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade from SP1 Rollup 9 to SP2 followed by Rollup 4 for SP2. Is there something we should be aware of for this update? Here is our environment: Site A: two node cluster running on Windows 2008 OS (enterprise), Exchange 2007 enterprise with SP1 update rollup 9 two CAS Hub server (both roles installed on each machine) . WNLB is set up for CAS and hub server role redundant. Enterprise Exchange version, 2008 enterprise OS Public folder server (exchange 2007) on a separate server... no mailbox data base running on this. OS 208enterprise,...